Game of Thrones and giving
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Merchandise.

In the spirit of the season, and in the wake of the horrible tragedy in Connecticut, many may feel compelled to help those in need. These Game of Thrones-related charities would be a great place to start.

First, The Huffington Post’s Mo Ryan is holding her annual Swag for Charity drive, in which she sells off the swag she is given throughout the year and donates all the proceeds to charity. George R. R. Martin himself has given Mo a lot of signed books to sell, including a rare Game of Thrones branded box set of A Song of Ice and Fire. Be sure to check it out soon, as the auctions end today.

Meanwhile, the guys behind the amazing Minecraft recreation of Westeros are also holding a charity drive, to celebrate their first year of “WesterosCrafting”. Check out the video below, showing off what they’ve been able to accomplish in one year, and then head to their site for the details on their charity drive.

1. Sky Aero
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

First!

Not proud that i said that :P

2. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Sky Aero,

Nearly had you!

My brother loves Game of Thrones Minecraft! Me not so much.

3. WildSeed
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

How thoughtful for these GoT fan based industries to align themselves with
    a charitable effort. Tis the season of giving, I hope these small gestures
    bring comfort to grieving kids in Connecticut, and their families.

4. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

Me too Ol’ Bean

Merry Christmas

5. Cary Storm
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

What an awesome accomplishment!

6. Lexyvil
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Now this shows how awesome true fans can be~

7. Kaeth
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

I’m a bit off topic here but shouldn’t we be getting a trailer or promo soon? didn’t they realease it last year after the boardwalk empire finale and I beleive thats tonite right?

8. the mighty hodor
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I had a look around the minecraft game of thrones map this morning, it is quite impressive!

If anyone here does play minecarft check it out! its pretty awesome! they have done the entire map, I had a walk around Kings landing and winterfell.

Well done to the people that made it!

9. KG
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Don’t forget Child’s Play . You select a children’s hospital in your area and buy some toys off their Amazon want lists.

Help a poor sick kid feel a little better.

10. Robert
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

The Minecraft thing is impressive, but I think some people have too much time on their hands.

11. sunspear
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Kaeth,

At this point, I would expect the promo to be aired before the Girls premier in January.

12. Paul
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

That Minecraft video seems to indicate the potency of OCD and/or Autism. That said, what an achievement! Well done guys!

13. Argilac the Arrogant
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 5:06 am | Permalink

Kaeth:

No, Boardwalk Empire’s already over this season. It ended last week. And with it, we got the In Production video for GoT season 3. Judging by season 2′s release of trailer/footage, I’d expect the first full trailer in January.

14. Abyss
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 7:11 am | Permalink

OT:
    Just want to report that the links on the season 2 cast page are all broken.
    Over and out.

Edit: I take that back, not all of them, but many

15. Team Selmy
    Posted December 17, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

I grew up in Newtown and I am proud to say that I am from here. I wanted to say thank you to WIC and your members for all that you have done. All contributions and dedications are truly truly appreciated.

If you are looking for other options for what you can do please consider donating here.

And thanks again for all the love and support that you have given to our town and community.

Posted December 17, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Abyss:
    OT:
    Just want to report that the links on the season 2 cast page are all broken.
    Over and out.

Edit: I take that back, not all of them, but many

Thanks for the heads up on this! They should be working now.

17. Wes
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 1:55 am | Permalink

@video

Mother have mercy….

18. MCAJayhawk
    Posted December 20, 2012 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Awesome accomplishment, especially as it looks like they’re building it into a whole functioning world. I’ve always thought Minecraft’s awesome building engine was overshadowed by its horrible graphics, though. Most of the buildings look amazing, but the Iron Throne, for instance, doesn’t even look like a chair. After all this time, I’m really kind of shocked no one from the entire Internet has ever made a mod to make Minecraft look like a game from this century.

19. mods downloads
    Posted July 13, 2013 at 12:35 am | Permalink

Hello everyone, it’s my first visit at this web page, and post is actually fruitful for me, keep up posting such articles or reviews.