WinterIsComing.net contributes to Game of Thrones magazine
By Winter Is Coming on in News.

This is something we’ve been working on behind-the-scenes for the past month or so and can finally now unveil. WinterIsComing.net has collaborated with Topix Media to create a one-time-release Game of Thrones magazine! Here is the cover…

Game of Thrones magazine cover

The mag is chock-full of Thrones content, which will hopefully whet your appetite for season three. All four of the WiCnet writers worked really hard and produced some great material. Here is just a taste of what you can expect.

• Top TV critics weigh in on Thrones
  • The good and the bad changes from the books
  • An examination of race in Game of Thrones
  • Brand-new interviews with Kristian Nairn and Kit Harington
  • And a whole lot more!

The magazine will be available on newsstands throughout the US starting on Jan. 1 (although we’ve heard reports of it popping up in some stores already). Be sure to pick up a copy and let us know what you think!

1. Jakub Šnorbert
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Hi,

i am webmaster of czech fanpage about Game of Thrones. I would like to ask you if there is any chance for a deal to translate magazine into czech language for our fans :)

Thanks J

2. Patchy Face
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:12 am | Permalink

So happy to see WiCnet’s talented crew branch out. Looking for this fanzine to fly off the shelves – I know that I’ll have at least one! Congrats

3. Ax0r
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Anyone willing to mail a copy to australia? I’d reimburse you, obviously

4. Thomas Bernhard Hengeveld
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Why not in the Netherlands :P Is there a possibility if ordering one?

5. Dark Star
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:21 am | Permalink

But,but, but…………..where’s Sansa?

6. Ninepenny
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:25 am | Permalink

I’m in the UK and would love to be able to buy it as an e-book or something.

Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Jakub Šnorbert, to publish online in Czech? I don’t know about that. I will have to ask.

Thomas Bernhard Hengeveld, Topix only distributes in the US unfortunately. There may be some fans here willing to buy and mail you the magazine. Feel free to use this thread to coordinate that.

Dark Star, she must be with Bran.

8. miis
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Why only in the USA: S

9. Andrew
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Is it going to be available in Canada? I’d love to pick one up, looks really neat!

10. Stephanie
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Normally I’m just a lurker on this site but I had to post and say this is very exciting! Love the writers here. Might have to stop by the book store on the way home to see if it has popped up there yet. And I just want to say, thanks so much for not having Joffrey’s face on the cover – makes me oh-so-happy!!

11. Conor Maguire
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Very cool! Will pick this up for sure. This must be the same company that features the staff of theonering.net for the one-shot Hobbit magazine. Gonna have to check the news stands this weekend!

12. you-know-nothing
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

OK, i NEED this in my life. How do i get a copy in the UK???

13. Conor Maguire
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

Ax0r,

When I find It, I’ll grab a couple copies!

14. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Dark Star:
    But,but, but…………..where’s Sansa?

*pats on the back*

Anyway, this looks fantastic but seeing that I live in England, i’ll just quietly weep away to myself in the corner…………….

15. Friend Of fire
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Great cover look forward to getting it

16. D44N
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Could someone be so kind to send a copy to me in The Netherlands? I would love to have on and willing to pay for it of course :)

17. glenn
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

If i cant get this in the uk i may go wildling on some poor souls

18. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Conor Maguire,

If you would consider sending one over the pond to old mother England, I would be eternally grateful. I’d pay you of course.

19. miis
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Someone to send in Belgium?
    I have paypal for payment :)

20. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

you-know-nothing,

glenn,

You’ll have to do what we’re doing, ask politely for nice people to kindly send you a copy.

21. sjwenings
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Looks great! Congratulations, this is really cool. Only in the US, huh?

22. Quowala
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Cooooooool! That looks awesome! But I live in the UK !

If anyone would be willing to buy an extra copy and put it on Ebay, I would be willing to pay over the odds for it!

Take pity on us Brits. Imagine what GOT would be without any Brits! Just Peter Dinklage talking to himself!

23. Lin Beifunk
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Quowala,

And Khal Drogo!

24. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Quowala,

Hahaha! Yeah, well and Nikolaj

25. Guybrush Threepwood
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

I saw this yesterday in a Pennsylvania Walmart.

26. mariamb18
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Looks amazing!

Any idea of what locations/retailers Topix uses to distribute their magazines? Barnes and Noble bookstores usually have a “newstand” section of magazines…hopefully it will be there.

27. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Anyone in the US willing to buy a copy and post it to me?

28. Serena
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Looks interesting!

I live in Austria (Europe) and I would also appreciate it very much, if someone could buy a magazine and send it to me. I have a PayPal account for payment.

29. Coltaine777
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Andrew:

I’m wondering the same thing ..Maybe one of the WIC can climb off there Iron Throne and answer ….

30. Coltaine777
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Oh I see WIC has answered…only in the USA eh ? I’m bitterly disappointed …

31. Ours is the Fury
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 10:48 am | Permalink

They’re selling them in Giant Eagle grocery stores around here, so I imagine they’re in some other supermarkets as well.

32. mags giantsbabe
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

This is great, if Aegon gets sent one I’ll borrow it from him :D
    WiC, will it be much to ask to put up photos from the mag or transcripts from the interviews when it’s out? It would be much appreciated, since it also seems that everyone from outside the US want a tasty morsel.

Posted December 28, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

mags giantsbabe, the photos are all pulled from our galleries, so they are already on the site.

I will definitely be posting the full interviews here at a later date, since they were edited down to fit the constraints of a print mag. So stay tuned for that. :)

34. GRDeus
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink
  35. Serena
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Permalink
  36. Renaud Besse-Bourdier
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Oh man I wish I still lived in the US… I want this !!

37. Erinyes
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Maybe should have one person in the Uk to send copies for Europe to and everyone else can co-ordinate thru them? Just a thought.

38. Whorehammer
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Will it be available as a e-magazine/eReader?

39. WildSeed
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

GRDeus:
    try this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Collectors-Edition-Game-of-Thrones-2013-/160946173271?pt=Magazines&hash=item257923b557

I just ordered one, gl ;)

Lucky you. There were only 3 ebay copies, and they’re SOLD OUT ! :D

Great news and congratulations, WiC ! I’m looking into purchasing a copy ASAP.

40. The mighty hodor
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Only in the us, of course. Should get a international distribution…

Posted December 28, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

WildSeed: Lucky you. There were only 3 ebay copies, and they’re SOLD OUT ! :D

Great news and congratulations,WiC ! I’m looking into purchasing a copy ASAP.

Here’s another one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-OF-THRONES-Topic-Media-Lab-/230902087209?pt=Magazines&hash=item35c2d63e29#shId

Once that one goes, just bookmark this search: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Magazine-Back-Issues-/280/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=game%20of%20thrones&_sop=10

There are many more bound to show up once the mag officially releases on Jan 1.

42. The Instrumentalist
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Mmm getting some in Canada would be nice. We do get a lot of American stuff in the GTA, hopefully some will be distributed? I also have a friend in Arkansas, but I wonder if his town is too far in the country…

43. The Rabbit
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Is there a good US soul who is willing to sent it to me to the country far, far away.
    I could pay it via paypal (postal costs included)
    please, please :)

Posted December 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Erinyes:

You mean someone in the US distribute all the copies to people in Europe and elsewhere? If someone feels like coordinating that, feel free. Unfortunately I just don’t have the time to do that right now.

Whorehammer:
    Will it be available as a e-magazine/eReader?

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure it is print only.

45. WildSeed
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Thanks. I was able to successfully make a purchase. Cheers :D

46. Richard Casey
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

uk here too … neeeeeeeeeeeed this

Can we set up some kind of import of a load and spread the cost ?

47. Cheryl
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I’ll try and pick up a few extra for those out of the US

48. Suzy
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Cheryl,

I live in the UK and would love a copy

49. The Imp
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Would love if I could get a copy in Australia. If some does end up sending please keep me in mind, will obviously pay.

50. Shady_Grady
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

I just picked this up today. Looks really good so far. I like the Susan Miller essay.

51. towerofjoy
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Grijnwaald,

haha yeah fair enough. Though safe to say the majority are brits! (although i must admit peter dinklage is my favourite actor in the cast)

52. Patchy Face
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Winter – Do you know if it will be in Barnes & Noble?

Rabbit – would be glad to send you one if you can coordinate where to send.

53. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Honestly, i hate this cover..none of the photos are updated and theres no overall theme to it. Wheres sansa? And why is Jon the center piece? Pretty weak guys.

Posted December 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Shady_Grady:

Cool! Thanks for the feedback. And so you can sort out who wrote what, here are the names we used in the mag:

Phil Bicking = Winter is Coming
    Marko Hladnik = Hear Me Roar
    Tobias J. McGuffin = Fire and Blood
    Susan Miller = Ours is the Fury

Patchy Face:
    Winter – Do you know if it will be in Barnes & Noble?

I’m not positive but I’m guessing that it will, yeah. B&N usually has a much bigger magazine selection than Wal-Mart, et al. so if places of that ilk are carrying it, I would imagine B&N is as well.

HugeFloppyGut:

All the artwork in the mag was handled by Topix, so I can’t really say for sure what their thinking was with this cover. I’m guessing they made Jon the centerpiece since the magazine has a new Kit interview, so I think they wanted him featured prominently on the cover.

As to why no Sansa, well, they had to draw the line somewhere. You will notice there is also no Bran, no Rickon, no Stannis, no Melisandre, no Joffrey, etc.

55. Jack
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Is there any new stuff from Sophie Turner on playing Sansa? Sansa’s my favorite character, and I always love hearing what Sophie has to say about her since she has such great insight.

56. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 2:22 am | Permalink

towerofjoy,

Yeah, Peter is great. My favourite actor is probably Maisie, she’s a local girl so that’s kinda cool.

57. loco73
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Is there any way that Amazon (in the US) will make this available for sale on-line? That at least would give people, especially in Canada and perhaps the UK, a chance to get their hands on a copy…

Also…would it be possible to have an e-version of the magazine available for purchase here on the site or the company that is distributing it? A version that could be purchased and downloaded for PC’s/MACs, tablets and phones (and IPods)?

58. Lysa
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 3:49 am | Permalink

That’s awesome! Too bad I live in Belgium :(

59. Udi
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 4:20 am | Permalink

If there are any Israeli posters here, I might be able to get a few copies and send them to you as my sister lives in the US and she just so happens to be a huge GoT fan!
    Will Skype her this evening and ask her to purchase a few copies.
    Hope every GoT fan manages to get a copy and Merry Christmas to you all!

60. Suzy
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 5:56 am | Permalink

loco73:
    Is there any way that Amazon (in the US) will make this available for sale on-line?That at least would give people, especially in Canada and perhaps the UK, a chance to get their hands on a copy…

I agree it would be good if Amazon.com would sale the magazine.

61. Queenofthorns
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Congratulations, guys! Is this the print journalism debut for at least some of you four? I’ll see if any of my local markets etc have it. :)

Posted December 29, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Thank you all, hope you enjoy it, I am looking forward to holding the magazine in my hands as well.

Queenofthorns,

Not quite ;) Thanks!

63. Iron Born
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Dont worry lads I think topix is fond of turning a profit so when this mag flies off the shelves in record time there will be further in distribution

64. Rygar
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

I may be heading to a local Barnes & Noble later today. I will let y’all know if they will carry it.

Greatjon Wic! Kudos.

65. Khal-A-Bunga
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Very cool. I’ll have to check out my local Barnes & Noble to see if they’re carrying this. On a side-note, if you guys ever do another one, maybe try to avoid the floating heads design for the cover. They don’t look good on movie posters, and the same goes for a magazine cover. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just sayin’. Beyond that, it sounds like there’s a lot of cool stuff for GoT & ASoI&F fans.

66. Dennis Plane
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Cool beans.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has spotted it at one of the stores yet. I love GoT but with it being as cold and snowy as it is right now I am not planning to go on a scavenger hunt along all the different stores that *might* carry this already. Foot soldiers, do your work and report back please! ;-)

67. Iron Born
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

I just went to the garden state news to get one they have a limit of one per customer . Than again I live in G.R.R.M’s hometown of Bayonne nj so we are proud of our favorite son

68. Michael
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

That Street Fighter style fanart is amazing. I want a game like that now. O_o

69. Kristi
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Awesome magazine, I love it ! I found it in the magazine section of Target in PA

70. Lord of Castamere
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I might buy a few and sell them in Europe …

but I have to find it first !

71. Lord of Castamere
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

Hello everybody ,

I am a first time Writer and a ( very ) long time Lurker …

In case you ask yourself , I chose this WiC Name because I always loved the story and the song about the FALL OF CASTAMERE !

… But now the Rains weep over his Hall !

P. S. I probably self-filed the moderation on my previous Comment … my Computer froze and when it started working again I clicked Delete ! My bad ! :)

72. nymeria44
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Just got it from Jewel Osco in Illinois. Great magazine! Loved it all!

73. Justen
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

Found it at my local Kroger store. Very excellent little read. Pretty comparible to the Hobbit magazine by OneRing.net that came out some months ago.

74. Artem russia
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

What about spoilers for 3 season?

75. Kaeth
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 1:17 am | Permalink

I looked for it at 7 eleven tonite but I couldn’t find it :(

76. mags giantsbabe
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Thanks, WiC!

Posted December 30, 2012 at 4:12 am | Permalink

Khal-A-Bunga,

A valid remark. However, we would like to point out that we did not have a hand in any of the design decisions. Likewise, there is content in the mag not done by the WiC.net bunch.

Of course we do hope you guys like the whole thing :)

78. mags giantsbabe
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Don’t worry yourselves about the cover. If another one ever comes out it can be bettered. A nice theme for every season depending on content of that season or so. I know we all have favourite characters, but they can rotate.

79. Wolfheart
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Nice mag. Is that a mutant pig dog for the sigil of House Stark in the magazine?…seriouslly ugly. Is it that hard to draw a wolf o.0 -.- heh.

The inside has good content. The cover…oi vey ouch. Lesson in less is more and layout needed.

80. Vince
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Looks nice, UK fan here. I had to snap one up albeit maybe the priciest mag I’ve ever paid to have before. I guess I must like this series some! Look forward to checking it out. ;)

81. Grijnwaald
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Vince,

That’s dedecation! Now, i’m obsessed with GoT but I couldn’t pay that much for a magazine! We’ll see, the odds are I’ll still get my grubby paws on one sooner or later! :)

82. Erinyes
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Ninepenny,

Nu-uh! I want a physical copy in my hands, any nice people willing to buy a copy and send it to me (payment will of course compensate all costs)

83. matt
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

nymeria44,

where in Illinois? I live in Peotone Il. would lice to know where I can get a copy.

84. Patchy Face
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Really enjoyed the mag – found mine at Target. loved the ad for WiCnet!

85. siberia82
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Good news for Canadians, I found this issue at the biggest magazine-only shop in my area today, so I would imagine that it should be available at other stores in Canada which carry a large selection of magazines.

86. nymeria44
    Posted December 30, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

matt,

I got it in Round Lake Beach, Illinois which is near the Wisconsin border. Surprised to find it at Osco. I thought I would have to go to Barnes and Noble.

87. Shar
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

I was @ B&N yesterday, didn’t see it. Now I have to check again after work.

88. Cheryl
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Suzy,

Will look tomorrow and let you know

89. Suzy
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Cheryl,

Thank you.

90. GuiRodr
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

I radomly found this on the magazine rack at my local grocery store. Picked it up on a whim having no idea that this had anything to do with winteriscoming.net.

The mag looks great! Good work!

91. Isabelle
    Posted January 1, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

My local Barnes and Noble didn’t have it today, but the guy at customer service was confident they’d get some in later this week. This was a branch in a relatively small town, so he said that the “main” B&N in the area might be a better bet if I wanted it now. We also have a Target, though, so might check that, too. I’ll be a hunting! :-)

92. Bro without Banner
    Posted January 1, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Ninepenny:
    I’m in the UK and would love to be able to buy it as an e-book or something.

I second this, I’m in the UK also

93. donnana
    Posted January 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Guybrush Threepwood: I saw this yesterday in a Pennsylvania Walmart.They are definitely available in random places if people are trying to get their hands on them.

Walmart? Siriusly? I’m all over that! :)

94. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 1:17 am | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror:
    Anyone in the US willing to buy a copy and post it to me?

Will do, your Grace

95. young stark
    Posted January 2, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Hey u guys should develop a mobile phone application so we can be just one click away from the site

96. Richard Casey
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Anyone who wants to post me a copy feel free ill obviously pay :) and love you forever

If a few people in the uk want to put together some money for shipping and we can organise something that would be cool

97. MedievalFantasy
    Posted January 3, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Got mine today at Wegmans! Haven’t started reading it yet (still gotta finish TheOneRing.net’s magazine), but skimming through it quickly, it looks AMAZING.

98. Westvista
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Help I can’t find it, I’ve gone to Banes & Noble and they don’t have it .

Posted January 4, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Westvista, try Wal-Mart or your local grocery store.

100. WildSeed
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

I regret ordering mine from ebay ( ? Mathias ), that was a week ago and it hasn’t
    even shipped yet , AND cost $5 extra for postage. Must be a very heavy magazine,
    couldn’t be expedited delivery costs ):

101. Grijnwaald
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

young stark,

Do you have an iPhone? If you do, just press the plus symbol (+) at the bottom of the screen and press “add to home screen” this provides an immediate shortcut to the site at the click of a button!

102. Matt Noah
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Im in Peotone Illinois and I can’t find this magazine anywhere. Iv tried barnes and noble, Walmart, CVS, local Newstand. Iv been calling random places and having no luck. I want this magazine so badly

103. FrootLoop311
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know how much it is? I’m having a friend check her local Walmart for me as I haven’t found a copy yet.

Thanks

104. Suzy
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

FrootLoop311,

From what I can see from inlarging pic it is $7

105. Suzy
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Cheryl,

Cheryl did you have any luck????

106. siberia82
    Posted January 4, 2013 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

From what I can see from inlarging pic it is $7

Actually, the price is $7.99.

107. mariamb18
    Posted January 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I’m in a NYC suburb and can’t find this magazine. Its not in Barnes & Noble (yet?) or CVS. Not on stands in food stores, either.

108. Cheryl
    Posted January 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Suzy,

Suzy,

Hi Suzy,

I did, are you on twitter? Follow me cherylhe on twitter, let me know are from WIC, I”ll follow you and DM me your details.

109. Cheryl
    Posted January 6, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

I have 3 more I’d be willing to send out to those outside the US, just the cost of the mag and postage. First three that respond get them. I found them in CVS by the way, no luck at Barnes and Noble, but sounds like they only get deliveries on Mondays, so maybe next week.

110. John-Michael Lelievre
    Posted January 6, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Yup this canuck managed to find it as well in Kingston, Ontario, there is hope for us yet :) Very glad I was able to find it! And It’s full of great material.

111. FrootLoop311
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 1:55 am | Permalink

siberia82,

Thanks. I couldn’t see it on my phone. Still no luck finding in my area. I’ve tried Target, Walmart and two grocery stores.

112. Cheryl
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 2:04 am | Permalink

FrootLoop311: WinterIsComing.net

I found some at CVS

113. Cheryl
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

anyone interested in the extra 3 mag’s I have?

114. mariamb18
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

Finally found it at CVS! Congrats to all who contributed to the magazine. Loved the articles. Great photos. It is a wonderful keepsake for crazy GOT fans.

115. Fienix
    Posted January 8, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink
  116. Westvista
    Posted January 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

Found some at Rite Aid Pharmacy.

117. WildSeed
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 2:07 am | Permalink

sad to report I was one of the foolish ones placing an order through ebay on the
    day of WiC ‘s original post ( 28 Dec )………I still haven’t received it yet.
    Please don’t try this route, especially at $15 + $5 shipping ): Luckily many retail
    outlets are carrying the magazine now.

118. WildSeed
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Still no magazine, as of today. Please avoid ordering from ” mathias1 ” on ebay folks!

119. anne
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I work at Barnes and Noble and we haven’t got it in yet. I can’t imagine why we’re not carrying it. I’m pretty disappointed.

120. WildSeed
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

Magazine arrived yesterday, ordered 18 days ago……Avoid this seller !!!!!!!!!!!!

The magazine is fantastic experience to read and ogle over pictures, a worthy
    trophy for any fan. Good work ladies and gents !

121. EvlTwyn
    Posted January 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

I finally got the magazine and discovered on page 27 a HUGE spoiler for readers and show watchers! This piece of information, as far as I can remember was not revealed until book 4. Am I wrong?!!!

122. EvlTwyn
    Posted January 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

EvlTwyn,

Ack, it appears that it is in book 3 however, it most likely won’t be divulged until season 4.

123. Isabelle
    Posted January 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

SUCCESS!!!

After checking:

-Two branches of Barnes and Noble (one three separate times)
    -One university bookstore
    -Two grocery chains
    -One local mall

I finally looked in Target and sure enough, got my hands on the magazine! And it was worth it–great job, WiC!!!

Issue II, please? :-)

124. Cary Storm
    Posted January 21, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

I wished I saw this. The Barnes and Noble I went to didn’t have it. Although it’s in their system. Let’s hope they get it. I gave them my name.

125. Morgan Gregory
    Posted January 23, 2013 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Bought it the other week. i absolutely loved it, couldn’t put it down. Also, I live in Canada and you can buy it here in select stores.

126. Isabelle
    Posted January 24, 2013 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Cary Storm,

Don’t know if you’re still checking this thread, but my brother saw the magazine in a Safeway yesterday, so there’s another option potentially. The supermarket chains that didn’t have it were Fred Meyer and QFC (a chain found throughout the Pacific Northwest), at least when I checked.

If you still can’t find it, let me know and I’ll send you a copy.

127. Alexandra
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Would love to get one of these! Thanks for the giveaway!

128. Zack
    Posted February 8, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Finally got mine :)

129. Write Romance Novel
    Posted May 29, 2013 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Life is always better to read your blog so that I deeply understand that there really is human love, because you people this writing, I understand that life is so beautiful. Thank you!

Write Romance Novel

1. [...] Was killing some time after work today looking at the magazines.  One caught my eye because it had Game of Thrones on the cover.  It turns out it is a one off magazine, which is all Game of Thrones TV show.  So I had to buy it.  People at Winter Is Coming.net teamed up with people to Topix Media to put this out.  Have to say it is very nicely put together with lots of great pictures.  There is even a sneak peak at season three.  The magazine is only on display till March 4, 2013.  So if you are looking for it the full title is, Special Collectors Edition: Game of Thrones: An Unofficial Guide To The Most Epic Fantasy Series In History.   You can read their blog post about it > here. [...]

2. [...] many of you know, we contributed to a special collectors edition Game of Thrones magazine that hit newsstands in the US last month. Those outside the US though weren’t able to enjoy [...]