New behind-the-scenes video to hit On Demand on Jan 21
By Winter Is Coming on in Media, News.

HBO has added a new Game of Thrones video, entitled “Season 3 Invitation to the Set”, to their On Demand schedule. It is set to hit HBO On Demand on January 21st. That means that it should air on HBO itself the night before, January 20th. Its runtime is listed at 2 minutes and given the name of the video will likely include the usual behind-the-scenes stuff, but probably not any finished footage.

We’ll have to wait for the first real trailer to debut to see any footage from season three. So far, there has been no official word of a trailer release.

Winter Is Coming: Despite this video debuting a week from Sunday, I am still expecting a trailer to air this Sunday, prior to the Girls premiere. Reason being, they’ve always aired a trailer in January and this is their only big premiere night between now and March 31st.

1. Arkash
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Well, let us keep hope for something before the premiere of Girls this Sunday !

Edit : Oh, I should have read slower. Yeah, I share your hope, WiC.

2. AdrianAegon
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

We need a trailer!! I’m going crazy right now!!

3. Dave
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Is there a reason they wouldn’t announce the trailer? Seems like a good way to get extra people (even if it is just one person it would be worth it) to lead into Girls, if nothing else.

Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Dave, they probably will announce it. But they usually wait until the Friday or Saturday before. So we will find out for sure in a couple days.

5. Grijnwaald
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Hooray! Another vid to keep me sane!

6. Quowala
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

I want a trailer so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wonder if it can top the “seven devils” trailer from last year. That still gives me goosebumps!

7. Malena
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

So am I. I’m suffering from an acute GOT deprivation syndrome (or is it a Kingslayer deprivation syndrome?) Let´s all shout “TRAILERRRR!”

8. Reverse Nielsen
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Two new videos in only one week, though, is that normal for January?

9. Valandil Elanessë Di Chocolat
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

They’re surely taking their sweet time with the trailer, but hopefully we’ll see something soon enough. I’m really excited.

10. Darquemode
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

I would not be too surprised if those character profiles or house profiles start hitting HBO and HBO2 at the end of the month or beginning of next too…. (I hope they continue them this season)

I think they started about this time last year and I know they were not always announced or scheduled ahead of time.

11. CaroH
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Waah, please please HBO a trailer soon! 0_0

12. Al Swearengen
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Trailer Trailer Trailer !!!

13. Nick_Scryer
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Need. Trailer. Soon.

14. Nezzer
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Darquemode:

Yeah, I want to see a video featuring House Bolton. The character featurettes usually come only after the season has already premiered, so I doubt we’ll see them anytime soon.

15. SourBillyTipton
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Most likely the one on Jan 20th will be the first of 4. Like last year they’re probably showing footage and cast and crew speaking about the filming in all 4 locations:

Northern Ireland
    Croatia
    Iceland
    Egypt

16. Arkash
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

You mean Morroco ? They didnt shoot in Egypt.

17. babar
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Nezzer: The character featurettes usually come only after the season has already premiered

That’s not true.

18. sjwenings
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I’m getting spoiled, I guess… I pouted when I read this, – since I figured this meant that there’d be no trailer until, maybe february. But WiCs theory about the first trailer stands as strong as always, I suppose. Getting it this Sunday would be so awesome – and satisfying, after this comparatively dry teaser/trailer/behind the scenes-period.

19. SourBillyTipton
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Arkash,

You’re right it is Morocco not Egypt.

20. Ned
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Season 3, Episode 7 had a title change … on GRRMs website … now called “Chains” …. http://grrm.livejournal.com/307647.html

21. Arkash
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

“The rain went away”… ? :(

Oh… sad about this. The rain was what excited me most about this episode : Queescrown, the march to the Twins… I hate imagining this in the sunlight.

22. Nick_Scryer
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Arkash:
    “The rain went away”… ? :(

I’m hoping he just means the rain went away in the title.

23. Arkash
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I hope so too, but from what I gather (from the way he wrote it), it seems the rain is completely gone.

The I know how difficult it is to shoot under the rain, so well… but still, if this episode indeed features Queenscrown and Robb’s march, then I’m sad the rain is gone.

24. Nick_Scryer
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Oh yeah just re-read it. No more rain :(

25. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

I think the episode may be the one where Dany frees the slaves.

26. PeterD
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Well then….Chains, eh? Martin says this is apropos both figuratively and literally. Figuratively I could see this being Dany’s freeing of the Unsullied and “Dracarys” being featured. For “literally” could this possibly be the beginning of scenes where someone starts to learn their name (and possibly what it rhymes with)?

27. ColdDrake
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Too bad about Autumn Storms, I liked that title and love movies/shows that take place during rainstorms or snowstorms. It adds a lot of atmosphere

28. dizzy
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Will it start out with a Varys voice over? “Power is a curious thing…”

29. GeekFurious
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Teasers are fun and stuff but I don’t need them. I just want it to be the end of March already. Actually, I want to get to RW already!

30. SourBillyTipton
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Parade’s End a new mini-series, will air on 2/26 we could get another trailer then. It has already aired on BBC and was a big hit in England, critically and commercially.

I do think the first trailer will air this Sunday because as mentioned in the article, there are no big season openers beyond Girls and Enlightened coming up.

31. Patchy Face
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Ned,

Oh ho – a Theon episode !

32. Rhys
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

I’m not so worried about the possible lack of rain, They could get the same effect if it’s just overcast and not raining. Still, I would have loved to see everything happening in the pouring rain.

33. Mitchjava
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

New ariane chapter released on grrm website !!! Woot

34. Arthur
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Shouldn’t the HBO promotion of GoT be in full swing by now?

Where are the posters of the POV characters with some quotes? Why are they taking so long this season? They should at least give us some posters or video stills. Geez…

Come on HBO I need my GoT fix! I got a hankering for GoT!!!

35. Joshua Taylor
    Posted January 10, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Well Nicolaj has to shoot more footage, so it’s possible that their scrambling to get the principal photography finished. I take this as a good thing as season 2 despite its merits seemed very big but also very spare, like certain things were rushed together. If they are pushing the production to churn out a finely tuned result and have to forfeit a pronounced marketing campaign for the sake of delivery a quality season then let them keep at whatever they are doing.

36. Patchy Face
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Mr. Joshua – Completely concur. I would much rather see an excellent end product than a lot of promos. Of course, I would prefer both but if we have to choose, go with time spent on the show’s production.

37. babar
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Arthur,

We got our first real trailer on 29 January last year. So, no, they aren’t “late” this year.

38. Arkash
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 3:55 am | Permalink

39. AdrianAegon
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Arkash: I prefered Autumn Storms to Chains… but, well, Chains is exciting and it rhymes with quite a few things! ^^

Someone else said that to! With what??

Chains. Quite a short name, but Baelor was short and it was a masterpiece. I believe is about Dany’s scene in Astapor, about Tyrion having no choice, Sansa having no choice, Gilly and her sisters being freed, Robb’s chains, Jon’s chains… there are quite a lot of chains.. and un-chains..

40. Arkash