Funko POP!’s Game of Thrones series 2 line-up revealed
By Winter Is Coming on in Merchandise.

The first line of Game of Thrones Funko POP! figures released back in September and they proved to be quite popular. However, series 1 had a few strange character omissions, so Funko aims to fill some of those gaps with series 2. First posted over at Jafo’s Funko blog, the series 2 lineup contains Arya, Jaime, Cersei, Jon, Robb and Renly.

No word on availability for these little guys just yet, but I imagine they should be out in time for season three.

Winter Is Coming: Judging by the reaction I just got on Twitter and Tumblr from posting this, it seems people go crazy for these things. My initial reaction was they looked a little creepy, but I’m starting to come around. That Arya one is just too cute. I may have to pick up a few of these and maybe grab some of series 1 too.

1. Joshua Taylor
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Cersei and Jon Snow for the win! Arya is adorable and Renly is smashing. Jaime’s good too.
    All Cersei needs is a glass of wine!

Yay for the edit function….FIRST!

2. Selmy
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Ahhh the beauty of American economy… people buying lots of crap. Don’t want to sound like a piece of shit but those ”toys” don’t seem like they have a lot in common with GoT, except their names and clothes.

3. Joshua Taylor
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Selmy,

Oh just rule Meereen and stop grumbling you old fart!

4. Watson
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

The things people would rather have than money…

5. Zack
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

I wasn’t aware the intended audience of this show was tween girls.

I mean, those dolls are cute and all, but WTF.

6. PeterD
    Posted January 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

I do hope certain dolls have detachable heads and hands. And what, no ShadowBaby™?

7. MetalgoddessAMB
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:11 am | Permalink

For anyone who isn’t familiar with these toys, Funko makes them for EVERY geek genre you can think of…Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics, ETC…

I am a toy collector (mostly action figures) and I’ve been collecting these toys recently, I think they’re adorable! Last week I picked up Daryl Dixon and Ned Stark.

We sell them where I work so I get a discount. But now with these GOT series two and Walking Dead series two also coming out…well, it’s a good thing I do get a discount!

8. snipz
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:14 am | Permalink

I wonder if the lighting is a bit off in the photos, since both Arya’s and Renly’s hair is grey whereas in the box image it shows them both as brown.

9. HootHoot
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Brienne?

10. Maria Thorpe
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:51 am | Permalink

What, no Turncloak here? Really? How sad. But the dolls are really super cute, especially Arya, Cersei and Jon.

11. Tar Kidho
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 3:27 am | Permalink

To everybody their own, but yeah, personally I also don’t see the point of this. Then again, I never ever seem to *get* merchandizing. If it’s not functional, I simply can’t be bothered. Take THAT, materialism! :)

12. AdrianAegon
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 3:53 am | Permalink

I like Cersei! She has eyebrows.. it makes less creepy. I want them all! How much costs one?
    So, it seems they make 6 per series.
    Oh, oh.. for the third: Joffrey, Catelyn, Sansa, Melisandre, Stannis and Brienne… and Theon… and Margaery… and… they are so many!!

13. zambi76
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 6:31 am | Permalink

I found them creepy too at first, but they are growing on you (and I’m hanging out too much on tumblr). Renly better get a Loras next round is all I’m saying. <3 <3 <3

14. René
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:00 am | Permalink

No Melisandre :(
    Hate it that there is no Melisandre merchandise

15. René
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:10 am | Permalink

Don’t think you can switch Jaime’s sword to the left hand and detach his right hand, so next year they can release a new Jaime

16. Bobben
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Hello, american consumer. You buy now crappy plastic merchandize! You lucky lucky!

17. Rygar
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 8:45 am | Permalink

I want a Ros one. With a poseable vagina and action grip.

18. AdrianAegon
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Rygar,

:)))) I don’t think you will get one… there are already 3 important redheads to make.

19. HugeFloppyGut
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Amazon doesnt have series 2 coming out till well after season 3 starts..not till June. so weak

20. Tyrion4Lyfe
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Selmy:
    Ahhh the beauty of American economy… people buying lots of crap. Don’t want to sound like a piece of shit but those ”toys” don’tseem like they have a lot in common with GoT, except their names and clothes.

Hey, I am an American, and I agree. I don’t buy shit like this. I don’t really understand the draw for these particular figures, either.

21. Grijnwaald
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Wow…..so many grumpy ol’ buggers here…

22. Darquemode
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

New Making Game of Thrones Video…. Molding the Book Into a Series:

Features some nice info from Mr Bryan Cogman!
    Roll on promotional campaign! Roll on!

23. MockingTheFlayedLion
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

These are funny, but not my cup of tea. If only some company would make more realistic and detailed GoT “toys”. In the meantime I’m going to wait for a Littlefinger or Roose Bolton version.

24. Matt
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

*Complete with detachable heads and hands ;-)

25. Hannah
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

A Sansa one would be cool, she’s probably the only one I’d buy.

26. Independent George
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

*sigh* the Jaime one will likely be out of date halfway through the season.

27. siberia82
    Posted January 17, 2013 at 11:31 am | Permalink

I don’t like Jaime as a character, but he looks amazing as a toy. I’m actually tempted to buy it, which surprises me.

I’m hoping the grey hair is just a trick of the light, and the not the actual colour because I love both characters, and I’d hate to be disappointed like I was with POP! Tyrion, who was a brunet instead of a blond.

Renly better get a Loras next round is all I’m saying. <3 <3 <3

Yes, they were meant to be together! Their love met a tragic end in the novels and the show, but at least the two characters can be happy again as vinyl figures. :)

28. Slynt
    Posted January 18, 2013 at 6:04 am | Permalink

I’ve got nothing against merchandise, but these really don’t do anything for me. Now, proper Game of Thrones action figures on the other hand…

29. Nick
    Posted January 18, 2013 at 10:45 am | Permalink

No Tywin Lanniser? FAIL!

30. The Lord of Light
    Posted April 3, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

I’d totally buy one if they made a Stannis figurine.

1. [...] såg att det skulle släppas några nya figurer på karaktärer från Game of Thrones och bestämde att det var värt ett inlägg. Tycker nämligen att bobbleheads är så söta, har [...]

2. [...] And they have! I LOVE Daenerys with her little dragon, Jaime Lannister (with two hands, alas), Cersei and Arya. [...]

• WiC Live