Add your voice to the Night’s Watch oath!
By Hear Me Roar on in Marketing.

My Watch Begins

In a promotional stunt accompanying the imminent release of the Season Two boxsets, HBO has set up the My Watch Begins website. What can you do there? You can record yourself taking the Night’s Watch oath, which will then be added to the multitude of others, creating a massive fan oath taking soundscape over the following weeks. Don’t fret if you tend to get stagefright, the voice of Jon Snow will lead you through it.

Hear Me Roar: I am seriously looking forward to hearing the end result. Campfire does it again! Don’t forget to click on the link buttons at the bottom of the page. Among other things, there is this new NW History video hidden there.

1. Mike Brooks
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

cool..trailer please

2. Dave
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Today has been a pleasant surprise- lots of goodies

3. Jentario
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Interesting… *cough* trailer *cough

4. A-Gone
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

All these thingz are cute, but… I WANT A TRAILER

5. Nezzer
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

At least we got a new history & lore video about the Night’s Watch and the Night’s King. Or was it already out before?

6. Dave
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Since we know the trailer is most likely coming on a Sunday would people rather they just released nothing all week?

7. Matt
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

What is with HBO’s obsession with beyond the wall stuff and NOTHING else?!

8. Dacey
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Are these heauxs for real?the wall is basic. Where is the trailer??

9. Aegon the Conqueror
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Ok I’m adding my voice, but I want the option of still bedding girls without being called an oathbreaker.

10. Hollyoak
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Aegon the Conqueror:

Brilliant.

11. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak: Brilliant.

Since there aren’t supposed to be women on the wall, does that mean our voices won’t be heard if we record the oath? Mmmmmmm, don’t know if a woman should bother…

12. Patchy Face
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Mrs. H’ghar,

Recorded myself though of the female persuasion – I got to hear my own oath played back with many of my GoT brethren (and Jon Snow) in the background. A wonderful combo to hear!

13. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

It says “Men and Women of all realms”…so knock yourself out!

14. 3eyes
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Mrs. H’ghar,

I bothered, and I’m glad I did.

15. 3eyes
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

PS with one or two gender appropriate changes:)

16. Grijnwaald
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

If you manage to hear an unusualy deep voice in there, that’s me……..yeah I also put on the Northern accent :D

17. Abyss
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

Which one do you mean? Can you link to it?

18. Nezzer
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

On that “My Watch Begins” website, click on “Explore Bonus Content”. There you can watch a sneak peak of the round table discussion and one of the 19 new History & Lore videos.

19. Abyss
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

Found it. Thanks! – And yes, it’s new.

20. KG
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

It would be nice if it worked :/

21. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

The Night’s Watch video is here as well, if you have trouble with the GoT website.

22. Ser Lyonel The Laughing Storm
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

Is this for the show it self or for the animated histories for that watch on the season 2 blu-ray, if its for the show I’m curious when it would happen seems way more appropriate for the build up to a late season 4 battle

23. dizzy
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Screw the the Night’s Watch. They killed Jon Snow! Team Others!

24. Ser Lyonel The Laughing Storm
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

dizzy,

Team Wildling!

25. mariamb18
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Added my voice. Its actually fun. Bring on the trailer!

26. JohnnyBoy
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Yea my voice is insanely loud. So what’s going on in NYC on Feb 18th?

27. Obosi
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Hmmm

28. Nezzer
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

JohnnyBoy:
    Yea my voice is insanely loud. So what’s going on in NYC on Feb 18th?

I think they are going to show the video with all the voices on Times Square.

29. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Nezzer: I think they are going to show the video with all the voices on Times Square.

Yes, a woman would bet on something happening in Times Square, so many screens there now!

30. Willpads
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Sounds a bit like the Borg are joining the nights watch.

31. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Breaking: George R.R. Martin signs a 2 year overall deal with HBO that includes developing new projects for the network.

This is a bummer for book fans who are anticipating their completion. This will surely take up more of his time.

32. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

It must be really late in the States for there not be no frothing about the announcement of George’s development deal with HBO’S and what it means for the show and books!

I’m hoping for TOJ prequel mini series or Dunk and Egg spin offs, but could mean Doorways and WOW in 2023. Eliot has some good spec and article over at westeros for late nighters.

ETA: Jinxs! Oath thing is cool though.

33. Nezzer
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:

Or maybe these new projects of theirs are related to ASOIAF. I wouldn’t mind that 8)

34. mags giantsbabe
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

I hope he’ll develop a mini-series for Robert’s Rebellion. He did mention it would be time soon to tell that story….. :)

35. Tom
    Posted February 5, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

‘The Dark Knight Rises’ did it first

36. chris77
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:09 am | Permalink

While I would love the Dunk and Egg novellas to be made into movies, what I really want to see is an adaption of Robert’s rebellion…

37. Seven Hells Bells
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 4:39 am | Permalink

So the Nights Watch is taking over Times Square? Why do all these cool things to do with ASOIAF happen so far away from where I live?

38. DapperDan
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:37 am | Permalink

Dream of Spring is going to be a dream and never come into existence :(

39. PeterD
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 11:40 am | Permalink

I sincerely doubt it will be in Times Square (though that would be all shades of awesome). My guess is probably Bryant Park, right beside their HQ building at 42nd and 6th. It’s big enough for this event and won’t disturb foot traffic at rush hour the way a gathering in Times Square would do most certainly. Sunset is 5:35pm roughly on the 18th.
    Dress code: black.

40. wargsareawesome
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Note that the Oath says no fathering children — but it says absolutely nothing about bedding someone. In other words, so long as no children are conceived (*cough* moon tea *cough*), you’re all good.

41. Ser Osis of Liver
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

Oh dear Ghu, I can just imagine some Castle Black version of Corporal Klinger looking for loopholes in the Oath….

42. DragonStargazer
    Posted February 8, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

I don’t understand how to do this. I hear Jon Snow’s voice and other people’s voices, but when I click on Take My Oath, nothing happens. :(

43. nomisum
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:28 am | Permalink

in nyc winter has already come it seems: http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-458564-galleryV9-phqd.jpg

1. [...] Patton Oswalt is the kind of performative fandom HBO wants to encourage. A recent online campaign, “My Watch Begins,” saw HBO urging viewers to record their own version of the Night’s Watch Oath, which would then be [...]