Pod speaks! Daniel Portman interviewed
By Winter Is Coming on in Press.

Flicks in the City again provides us with a Game of Thrones cast member interview. This time Daniel Portman talks about playing Tyrion’s squire Podrick Payne and the intimidation factor of getting thrown into the deep end on a huge HBO production.

Winter Is Coming: Daniel seems like a cool guy. Can’t wait to see more of Pod in season three!

1. Kingslayer
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Cool! Seems like a chill dude.

Now come on March 31st!!! & give us a trailer already!

2. Roopert
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

He just fits the roll to a T. Nice to see an interview with him where we get to see a bit more of him (no wine to spill there ;-) )

Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:39 am | Permalink

I want to see more of him, more of his quirks, more of his nervousness. Scenes with Brienne should be good, when we get there

4. AdrianAegon
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:41 am | Permalink

I really struggled to understand. What kind of accent is that?

and isn’t Podrick the same age as Bran or Arya? He seems so big…

5. Biobi
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Scaw-ish

6. KG
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

AdrianAegon,

Scots accent, and it’s Sansa he’s of an age with. He’s still too old for the part, but it’s a little better than Gendry …

7. Hounded
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

How on earth did they make a 15 minute interview about Pod !?!?
    Honestly! I could play that part!

8. KG
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

It was actually a three-minute interview; they had to leave time for all the “ums” and “yeahs” and “y’knows” lol

9. Al Swearengen
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Holy crap he’s a fellow Scotsman haha. I bet he’s itching for season five.

10. egoogle123
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Haha he doesn’t want to read any more beacuse pod dies…poor guy.

11. Al Swearengen
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

egoogle123,

Erm no he’s not ! Re-read AFFC !

12. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Off topic but I just seen that there is a House Clegane animated history video on the blu ray according to the WiC Tumblr. Narrated by Rory McCann!

Fuck yeah! That is all. :P

13. Darrin
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Really? I don’t remember that at all…

14. Jentario
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Cool vid. trailer

15. Gunar
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

off topic

not sure if it has been posted yet, but GoT won 4 VES awards for special effects

16. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

In Daniel’s interview, he mentions that he filmed in the Trsteno Arboretum, so we know that Tyrion had a scene there. We’d speculated that it was being used for Olenna’s meeting with Sansa, but I guess it’s either not that or more than that.

He’s Scottish. I didn’t have any trouble understanding him. It’s not the heaviest Scots accent I’ve ever heard. (I’m American.)

17. Emma
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

I really enjoyed the interview, maybe because I get excited every time I get to hear a scottish accent… especially for non native speakers it can be difficult, you definitely have to get used to it.

I might even listen to the interview a second (and third and fourth) time just for the sake of hearing his accent ^^

Besides, hearing Pod about not being Pod in RL and all the other stuff was great.

18. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

A woman really enjoyed the interview. Remember, there are no small parts, only small actors (and I don’t mean size) so it was interesting to see that he thought quite a bit about motivation for Pod’s saving Tyrion, and how he had to internalize Pod’s own thoughts and feelings to help him subtly to bring those out in his time onscreen through relatively limited actions and opportunity. I totally got who Pod was before ever hearing Daniel speak in his own words. So well done Daniel!

19. See Lemoncakes
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Aw I love a Scotsman! I also appreciate this thoughtful interviewer, be nice to know her name.

20. Micke
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

I love his dry sense of humor. Seems like a really cool guy.

Also, I had no problem understanding him (I’m swedish).

21. Mormegil
    Posted February 6, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Synopsis for Ep21 from Spoiler TV

–Episode #21: Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward, Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out, and Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Arya runs into the Brotherhood Without Banners. Dany sails into Slaver’s Bay. (Written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; directed by Daniel Minahan)

22. Dave
    Posted February 7, 2013 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Big Danny boy is a fellow jock (Scottish)