More season three casting updates
By Ours is the Fury on in Casting.

oddieIt’s less than two months before the premiere and season three casting info is still turning up, along with a mention of season four.

According to the CV of Oddie Braddell, the actor will be playing the role of Wendel Manderly. Alex Graves is cited as the director, indicating that Braddell will possibly begin in the role during episode four or five. In the novels, Wendel is a large and honorable knight who fights at the side of Robb Stark and travels with him in the North in A Storm of Swords.

Also appearing in season three will be Kelly Long, who played the role of Lord Walder Frey’s wife in a season one episode. Long is a regular stand-in for the series, and notes on an industry website that she’ll be returning to her onscreen role as Lady Frey in season 3.

An intriguing mention of season four popped up in reports about two other actresses appearing in season three. Sophie O’Brien, who played a prostitute in Littlefinger’s brothel in two episodes last year, states on her CastingNow webpage that she’ll be in the third episode of season three and that she has a “speaking part.” O’Brien tweeted (*NSFW* link) earlier this month she has a role in season four as well, along with Pixie Le Knot, a well-known contortionist. It looks like Pixie Le Knot will be in episode three too this year, based on the tweet.

Ours is the Fury: The brothel roles are small, but it’s reassuring to hear that preparations for season four have already begun!

1. J
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Wyman is coming

2. The_Rabbit
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

LOL
    Can not believe it – I just came to WiC to post the news on Braddell!
    You were quicker! Not surprise though that we got Manderly.
    THE pie would taste good!

3. Selmy
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

More Northmen to be butchered… so excited

4. Nezzer
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Looks like episode 3 will have a lot of boobs in it =D

5. J. Stargaryen
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

That Sophie O’Brien link – her twitter – is NSFW.

6. Mafthespartian13
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear that Manderly’s are introduced , they become sooo important in the last book (they are afterall the main nothern house against Boltons and North remembers !!!! )

7. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

J. Stargaryen,

Yeah I was going to mark that and I forgot. Sorry bout that, I fixed it.

8. Slothrop
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Great news, I was wondering when they would introduce the Manderlys and start laiding foundation for Wyman awesomeness down the road. Good to know it will be this “early” (TV-wise).

I hope Wyman is at least namedropped.

9. Pepi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

I knew them mentioning White Harbour last season was a good sign!

10. Seven Hells Bells
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

‘The mummers farce is almost done.’ literally my favourite quite ever, go team Manderly!

11. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Wendel Manderly possibly taking the role of Greatjon?

Edit:

Missed the fact that he was directed by Alex Graves, so probably not.

Unless whoever editing his CV didn’t list all the directors.

12. Rygar
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Jason Isaacs as Euron.

13. Tenesmus
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Looks like Tyrion’s Wedding is episode 3

14. Friend Of fire
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Wow Sophie O’Brian has left me in know doubt she will have little trouble making money for littlefinger, great to know there are still casting news being revealed glad to see a manderley

15. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Awesome. Ian McNiece or Stephen Fry for Wendell Manderley!

16. The_Rabbit
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Could be. And the nice set up for the future Wyman-game.
    I am very thrilled by this particular casting indeed!

17. Nezzer
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Carne:
    Wendel Manderly possibly taking the role of Greatjon?

Edit:

Duh, missed the fact that he was directed by Alex Graves, so probably not.

I think he’s taking over the role of the Smalljon. I think it’s him who is going to throw the table in front of Robb in the RW.

18. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

I hope they go with McNiece!

I love Fry, but he’s probably out of their payrange, plus he always play Fry, so it’s going to be hard to think of the characters and not him as an actor.

19. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Assume you mean Wyman Manderly since Wendell is cast now… and I concur!
    Alo Richard Griffihs wouldbe a fine Lord Lamprey!

20. Pepi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

As far as casting Wyman goes … At first I wasn’t a big fan of Richard Griffiths taking the role (which was and still is a popular fan-cast). But after seeing this LCG version of him, I can’t picture anyone else. The artist must have been a fan of this particular idea. :)

21. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Carne,

While I was looking for some casting photos I came across these two pics, one of McNiece and one of Girffihs.

Gee, they do not look anything like Lord Lamprey do they? XD

22. King Tommen
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

They’d have to have at least one of Robb’s bannerman around that wasn’t planning on disobeying (Karstark) or betraying him (Roose). Guess Wendel fills the bill.

I’m guessing they’ll probably forgo the notion that some of the bannermen get captured and just kill everyone outside of Edmure. Makes it cleaner and you can certainly write around the Northmen’s actions later on in the series without having hostages at the Twins. They aren’t going to delve into the split loyalties of the minor North houses almost assuredly so having some of the bannermen captured and rotting without mention for multiple seasons seems unnecessary.

23. coronaking
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

J. Stargaryen:
    That Sophie O’Brien link – her twitter – is NSFW.

The Pixie one, too. ;)

24. Bannerless Bro
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

I just want Ian McNeice back as Lord Wyman.
    The north remembers.

25. Bannerless Bro
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

King Tommen,

The hostage situation of Wymans son is key for the plot in ADwD.

26. Erik
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

J. Stargaryen:
    That Sophie O’Brien link – her twitter – is NSFW.

27. Seven Hells Bells
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I still think the show needs Brian Blessed

28. He Who Slithers
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

someone at HBO has the awful job of researching attractive women to act as littlefinger’s prostitutes… poor bastahds

29. Turncloak
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Tenesmus:
    Looks like Tyrion’s Wedding is episode 3

That’s been confirmed for episode 8

30. Toast
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Me,

you sir are a damn liar.

31. spacechampion
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Erik: Am I missing something? or is a fully clothed woman bending over in a strange way considered NSFW?

Apparently everybody works with Puritans.

32. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

C’mon Mr Braddell could totally be related to the only choice for Wyman, Brian Blessed as mentioned above-I think GRRM even mentioned him as an actor he wanted to work with during the whole Purefoy palaver.

33. Abyss
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

spacechampion,

I thought so as well at first, but no it’s NSFW for shure, just click on her profile pic…^^

34. Rygar
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Yes. And Jason Isaacs as Euron

Darquemode:
    Joshua Taylor,

Assume you mean Wyman Manderly since Wendell is cast now… and I concur!
    Alo Richard Griffihs wouldbe a fine Lord Lamprey!

35. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Yay for Manderly! Can’t wait for the eventual pie scene. I wonder if we’ll get Dacey Mormont as well…

Sophie is the prostitute having sex with the guy in the first episode of Season 2, right? The one Ros is instructing while giving Daisy the tour? At least, it looks like her.

And good for Kelly Long! She was a featured extra, but now she returns as a member of the cast. I guess she’ll have a couple of lines?

36. Zack
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Abyss:
    spacechampion,

I’ll be in my bunk.

Bannerless Bro:
    I just want Ian McNeice back as Lord Wyman.
    The north remembers.

Yes indeed. What a great part to bring him back for.

37. Ren Snow
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi:

Actually, the new whore in “The North Remembers” is played by Josephine Gillan

38. Joe Bowers
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

This guy is not fat enough to play a Manderly.

39. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Ren Snow,

That’s only confirmed by imdb, though. And that’s a fan-updated site. Sophie says she’s been in episodes 1 and 2 of Season 2, playing a prostitute. The only one who appears in both episodes (along with Ros and Aremca) is the one we’re talking about.

So, who knows? lol

40. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Is O’Brien the girl with how shall I put this delicately “the one with the nice bum” that is riding the customer whilst a patron spies through the peephole who is in turn being watched by Littlefinger?

41. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

She’s in the credits for both those episodes, and usually a week or so after an episode airs (for any popular show), IMDb updates it with the correct info (removing wrong fan submissions etc).

42. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,
    I thought so, but according to:

Carne,

It looks like she isn’t. Perhaps she’s one of the background prostitutes.

43. The Lightning Lord
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

I’ve always thought Simon Russell Beale would be a perfect Manderly after his performance as Falstaff in the Hollow Crown (see that performance before you look at his images – this actor can truly change appearances for a role, much to his credit). And it doesn’t hurt that he’s been called one of the greatest stage actors of his generation.

44. Nezzer
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

If the brothel girl is coming back in season 4, this means Littlefinger will be in KL in season 4, which means Sansa will still be there too, which means the PW is only in season 4. I guess this is the final nail in the coffin of the “PW in season 3″ theory. That’s why that part of the post is my favorite one =D

45. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Guys, what about Val and Dalla? I can see they postponing Val, but Dalla should appear right away, no?

Val can debut during the battle of the wall, but a pregnant wife of Mance Rayder should be shown previously, I’d guess.

If Dalla is a one-episode role, that could explain why we haven’t heard about her casting, right?

46. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Yes, she could be a featured extra or a local Belfast actress with one line.

47. Abyss
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Joe Bowers,

Not-fat-enough-gate! ;-)

48. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

I too have been wondering about Val and Dalla….

Did we ever find out exactly who this “Violet” is that Stephanie Blacker will be playing?

I missed any details about the role if the infrmation did leak out….
    She could be a Val replacement or similar role with a different name I guess..

49. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

My guess is that she’ll play Kyra’s role in the Dreadfort.

50. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

The Lightning Lord,

He was great as Falstaff!
    He may not be obese, but I agree he would make a pretty great Wyman Mandery!
    So many descriptions are toned down compared to the books, but they can always add a padded suit if they feel the need to make him as big as in the books…..

51. Erik
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

Casting for season four hasn’t started yet I don’t think. These people are all talking about appearing in season three.

52. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Probably, as the actress has been tweeting about hanging out with Alfie and Iwan (tweets she later deleted).

53. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Yeah, that’s exactly what made me assume that.

Also it makes sense that we’d get a third player in the Theon/Ramsay scenes.

54. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,
    I hadn’t thought os her role being introduced now since she was not even in ASOS as I recall, but seeing as they will be tweaking the Theon arcs that is a good possibility… Hmmmm.

55. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

She doesn’t appear in ASOS, but we learn later that she died trying to escape with Theon during the events of the third book. I don’t exactly remember but I think that’s about right. I guess they’ll show us what we only hear about in the books.

But, anyway, I’m just speculating.

56. Nezzer
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Erik,

Read the news again, she said she’ll be back for season 4 as well.

57. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Yep I remembered that AFTER you mentioned Dreadfort.
    It certainly makes sense for them to bring her in now and flesh out that part of the story on screen. Plus when you factor in her deleted Tweets that Carne mentioned it seems like a strong possibility.

58. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Who would you like for Lady Dustin (assuming she’ll make into the show)?

59. Erik
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

My bad I totally missed that! Is this our first sorta confirmation that season four is a go?

60. Nezzer
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Erik,

Yes, a few weeks ago Aidan Gillen and Lena Headey also talked about returning in season 4.

61. Rygar
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Oh and Jason Isaacs for Euron.

62. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

I have a feeling Lady Dustin will play a role in WOW, mostly due to the fact that House Dustin was mentioned like three times in season 2 of GoT. What do D & D know so far I wonder?

Gillian Anderson is my pick for Lady Barbrey Dustin.

63. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Some have mentioned Gillian Anderson and I think she wuld be great, but the role may be a bit small for her….

Maybe Anna Chancellor or Olivia Williams?
    I have not really considered her role just yet honestly…..I’ve mostly been thinking of ASoS and AFfC roles.

64. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Violet is the name of a flower right? As is the ‘gilly’flower’. I would bet Stephanie Blacker will be the sister- wife that receives unwanted attentions from a Crow thereby being the catalyst for all the shit that is about to go down at Craster’s Keep.

65. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

This minor casting turned up months ago, so certainly we’ll see more of Craster’s wives. Maybe she and Gilly aren’t the only ones we’ll be seeing.

66. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Actually I think someone mentioned that before (maybe you?) and it was my favorite theory for the role before Hi-Fi and Carne made me think of Kyra….. Honestly though I have no inclination of who “Violet” is and each new theory that pops up sounds good! XD

67. Rygar
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Guess who would make a great Euron Greyjoy….

68. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Jay….James…John….Jason…I-Isaccs?

No! I’m silly today! I’m sure you meant Gilbert Gottfried.

Personally I prefer Bert Macklin, FBI.

69. Hounded
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Brendon Gleeson for Wyman Manderly! He’s was in Troy which was written by David Benioff…

Seems possibly that Wyman will be in season 4. I assume Stannis will be at the wall in season 4, so whats Davos going to do if not meet with Wyman?

70. King Tommen
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:
    Darquemode,

Violet is the name of a flower right? As is the ‘gilly’flower’.I would bet Stephanie Blacker will be the sister- wife Violet attentions from a Crow will be the catalyst for all the shit that is about to go down at Craster’s Keep.

On her CV, the director she is associated with on GoT is Michelle Mclaren who directs Episodes 7 and 8.

So she is in either only 1 or 2 episodes total (if she were in more, her CV would list “various” under directors). E7 or E8 could match up for the events at Craster’s but that seems a little late given that the leaked E1 synopsis has the NW fleeing the Fist.

I wouldn’t discount that totally though as they’ll have to stretch out Sam’s story in S3 and they may either lengthen Sam’s journey to Craster’s and/or make the Craster stay longer in order to draw out the suspense and build up the Sam/Gilly relationship before they escape.

71. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Darquemode,

I love both Gillian Anderson and Olivia Williams, but aren’t they a bit young for Lady Dustin? I’ve pictured someone more of the age of Kristin Scott Thomas.

72. Mafthespartian13
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

Gleeson for Wyman ld be just perfect!!

73. Rygar
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Har! Gilbert is my Rhaegar.

Joshua Taylor:
    Rygar,

Jay….James…John….Jason…I-Isaccs?

No! I’m silly today!I’m sure you meant Gilbert Gottfried.

Personally I prefer Bert Macklin, FBI.

74. Bannerless Bro
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

The Lightning Lord,

He looks more like Lord Tarly to me.

75. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

And while we’re at it, are these the remaining important female characters of ASOIAF yet to be cast (as of ADWD)?

Val
    Dalla
    Ellaria Sand
    Arianne Martell
    Obara Sand
    Nymeria Sand
    Tyene Sand
    Taena Merryweather
    Penny
    “Fake Arya” (If not a previously established character like Ros)
    Septa Lemore
    Green Grace
    Lady Dustin
    Genna Lannister

76. SourBillyTipton
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

Gleeson is too big for this show or any show he’s one of the best actors in film. And he’s a little overweight, not morbidly obese like Wyman.

Richard Griffiths would make a perfect Wyman Manderly.

77. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

No, you’re right they may be a little young for the role.

I never had a real good visual of her honestly… She was close to Brandon Stark so I assumed she was around his age. A few years older than Bean’s Ned then would make sense. That would make her in her late 50′s maybe? Thomas fits that age better when you consider most roles are aged up in the series.

78. Ser Tahu
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Oh great, just what we need; more brothel scenes -_-

79. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

That sounds about right, although some would argue on how “important” all of them are I bet…. Most should be cast (at least as featured extras) I would think along with a couple more minor female roles like Sarella Sand, Spotted Sylva, The Waif. Maybe Mya Stone or some other Eyrie girl when that region comes into focus again…

80. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Oh, I forgot about Sarella. She definitely has a part to play. Agreed about the Eyrie as well, which reminds me: is the Myranda we’re getting this season Myranda Royce? Guess we’ll learn it soon enough.

81. Hounded
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

SourBillyTipton,

Jeez okay… Way to ruin my fantasy…

82. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Re: Myranda
    Someone commented last month on SpoilerTV that Myranda will be a one episode prostitute, but they did not give a source and they were not a regular commenter I recognized. I have no idea if they have info or it was just them venting their feelings about brothel scenes! XD

I chalked it up to them venting….

83. Scott Glennon
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

I’ve often wondered if George knows that one of the original Spanish royal families was named “Martell” and so used it for the story. With that in mind, I’ve spent days fiddling with Martell casting using Spanish actors. So far, the only one I can really mention is a a role for Arianne . A lovely Spanish actress named Clara Lago. FB link here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clara-Lago-Oficial/169945266367247?fref=ts She seems perfect for the role-to me anyways. As for the Sand Snakes, the Red Viper et al. I just can’t decide.
    Richard Griffiths for Wyman is spot on.
    Clemence Poesy for Val would be my pick.
    So Nina Gold, if you are reading this…..*hoists banners* The Shield Maidens and Bannermen have something to say….

For Winterfell!

84. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Scott Glennon,
    I don’t know her work, but she has a great look for Arianne or even Nymeria I think…

I tried coming up with some Spanish actors (French and Italian as well) and did not have as much success as finding Middle Eastern etc since I am not as familiar with the actors.
    I did like a few…
    - Olivier Martinez (Spanish) for Oberyn Martell

- Giancarlo Giannini (Italian) as Doran Martell.

- Margareth Made (Italian/ Egyptian) as Obara Sand

- Nora Arnezeder (French/ Egyptian) as Tyene Sand.

85. Friend Of fire
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

My pic for woman manderly would be the guy who played baron harkonnen in the syfy dune remake he also had a cameo in hbo Rome as the town crier don’t know his name

86. Friend Of fire
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

That should be wyman

87. Baramos
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    Oh great, just what we need; more brothel scenes -_-

Involving a contortionist, no less.

They better be careful or people will be confusing them with Spartacus. :P

88. Hounded
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

Friend Of fire,

Ian Mcneice.
    He played Magister Illyrio in the GoT pilot but was busy when the series was made proper so he was re-cast. would be good for him to have a second chance to be in Thrones!

89. Carne
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

A bit off-topic, but going by Ross Mullan’s CV, Sam the Slayer scene will be in episode 7 or 8.

90. Darquemode
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Interesting…
    That is a couple episodes later than I would have expected it, but I guess they need to draw out the likely 3 Sam POV chapters over the course of the season.

91. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

I don’t think Cliff Simon is really appropriate for Oberyn, giving his whiteness.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they added more scenes for Sam, like they have in the past. They seem to love John Bradley.

92. Selmy
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Nooooo. This is the scene I was looking for in ep 1, maybe ep 2 or 3. Whatever, I have a really good feeling about this season.

93. Scott Glennon
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

See? Casting the Martells is tricky business.
    Sam is one of my favorite characters, especially in AFFC, and John Bradley just nails it. So yeah…more Sam!

For Winterfell!

94. House Snow
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

I think this is some of the best news to be released as including a Manderley means that they are definitely planning to do some of the things that happen much much later in the series.

95. Phil
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Joe Bowers,

haha, i found his reel on youtube and he’s actually a lot fatter than he looks in this picture

96. Serjeant Grumbles
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

As for the Martells, I’d say that Arianne Martell should look like this:

97. Tom
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Helen Mccroy for Barbara Dustin

98. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Carne,

This goes well with my Stephanie Blacker as a sister-wife theory.

99. Alfador
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

I hope Dacey Mormont is there!

100. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 11:25 pm | Permalink

Alfador,

Yeah, me too.

They need to build up a few of the loyal members of Robb’s army, so that the viewers care when the RW happens. So I hope we get Dacey Mormont and Smalljon Umber along with Wendel Manderly.

101. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 9, 2013 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

I also really hope they’re bringing back the featured extra who played Maege Mormont in Season 1, because she was awesome!

102. loco73
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 2:06 am | Permalink

If anyone wants to see more of beautiful Pixie LeKnot, here is a link to the gallery on her website. Mildly NSFW:

PS Anyone know if Sahara Knite will return to GoT? Definitely looking forward to seeing Esme Bianco again.

103. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Hi-Fi:
    Alfador,

Yeah, me too.

Yes, a woman agrees that more Stark loyalists should be explored in S3, as so much has already been explored of the Lannister side thus far. The audience should have more reinforcement of who exactly are the allies of the King in the North, and perhaps learn of their families so that the fault lines are better understood. Otherwise future events won’t make much sense to many non-readers.

104. bon
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I watched yesterday in Polish TV a French miniseries called “La lance de la destinée” – Lance of Destiny. After that I think that Hélène Seuzaret [http://www.notrecinema.com/communaute/stars/stars.php3?staridx=35599] would play a good role of Ellaria Sand. LAst year she played in Now Limits miniseries of Luc Besson.

105. Ross
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:21 am | Permalink

I must say I’m quite impressed and surprised with a) HBO’s lack of concern with employing current / ex porn stars and b) the lack of any kind of negative reaction to it on these message boards. Huzzah!

106. A-Gone
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 8:38 am | Permalink

GRRM commentary on his blog :

“Tuf would be fun. Dunk and Egg are being discussed. Robert’s Rebellion is part of Ice & Fire, won’t be a separate series. Sandkings was done by the OUTER LIMITS; I retain feature film rights, but television rights are gone.

I, CLAVDIVS? Heh, not likely. And talk about a suicide mission. I mean, I’ll watch, but how do you match one of the greatest TV series ever made? That’s the television equivilent of remaking GONE WITH THE WIND or CITIZEN KANE. No, thanks.

107. The B of B-town
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Someone update the Winter Is Coming Casting page with all the people we have had that are not on there at the moment. There must be like 8 extra ones, its hard to remember who they all are and who they are meant to be playing, like the two Freys, Manderly, NW guy etcetc

108. Hounded
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Have you ever noticed that you never see bert macklin and andy dwyer in the same room together… strange…

109. Eric
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

For some reason I always had John Goodman in my head as Wyman Manderly.

110. Hi-Fi

Unconfirmed Role – Aisling Jarrett-Gavin

Did I miss anyone?

111. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Hounded:
    Joshua Taylor,

Holy shit! I never thought of that til now!

112. Hounded
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

Or Ron Swanson and Duke Silver….

113. WildSeed
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Wow, I thought it too soon to consider the Manderly’s at this point,
    primarily because of the introduction of so many new characters and
    agonizing events……..but this one is entirely en point. Wendell
    Manderly is much on time with his support and inclusion as a
    Stark supporter
    , I can’t wait to see the events fulfilled so
    accurately , if I forget about the GreatJon….. okay maybe not so
    accurate, but still…. good.
    Now, if only Ian McNeice ( PM Winston
    Churchill, of “Doctor Who”), will only commit to playing the role of
    Lord Manderly *>*

114. WildSeed
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi,

Looks pretty thorough, Hi Fi.
    Is it confirmed that Stephanie Blacker got the role of Violet ? Was the
    character Val, ruled out ? or not included thus far ?

115. WildSeed
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Eric:
    For some reason I always had John Goodman in my head as Wyman Manderly.

John Goodman is a fine comedic actor, and has done well in some period
    dramas but this role may be out of his talent reach.

116. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

Don’t forget McNiece’s two other famous roles: the Newsreader on Rome and Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

117. WildSeed
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi:

There were a number of stand ins for various roles that were easily overlooked
    at the time, due to heightened events, and cast later in upcoming episodes
    ( ie. lady Selyse , Damphair , etc. ). Consequently, I have no recollection of
    the individual you’re referring to, but if she made an such an impression , I
    would not rule out that she’ll return. Hope it works out then.

I wonder who will get ser Ilyn, the king’s executioner’s role ?

118. WildSeed
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor:
    WildSeed,

I was unfortunate to see any of the Rome series, but I do remember him
    from Dune. His face gains easy recognition, and he does embody the role
    of certain English characters very well. He would make a superb lord
    Manderly, a role I envisioned for him since the subject was broached
    several months ago. I’m already hungry just thinking of his appearance,
    and the food entourage nearby……… *>*

119. Joshua Taylor
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

You should see Rome someday friend, it is great television. A wonderful blend of fiction and history.

120. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 10, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Permalink
  121. josephine gillan
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Hi-Fi, sophie o’brien is josephine and yes im the one with the “nice bum” riding ;-) and in the scene with roz and daisy