Finn Jones talks season 3 and beyond; Emilia Clarke poses for GQ
By Winter Is Coming on in Press.

Flicks and the City has recorded another interview with a Game of Thrones cast member, this time with Finn Jones. The interview touches on Finn’s thoughts on the show, what he is looking forward to in season 3 and even his hopes for his character in later seasons.

Emilia Clarke was featured in the March issue of GQ with a photo spread and short interview. You can see the photos here and watch a video here. Here is the part of the interview where she talks about Thrones:

So now that you know, you totally see it, right? That even without that stare-at-the-sun-white wig, Emilia Clarke is totally her: Daenerys Targaryen, a.k.a. Khaleesi, a.k.a. the super-naked Mother of Dragons, a.k.a. the most immediately recognizable among the ninety-sevenish characters on Game of Thrones. “Which is exactly true, but also so funny, because I’m so immediately unrecognizable,” Clarke says. “It takes a die-hard fan to actually spot me. These HBO events, where I’ll be talking to someone for a fair amount of time, and then suddenly they’re like, Oh shit! That’s what you do!—they think I’m some crazy Brit who snuck her way into a Hollywood party.” Which sounds like a nice deal for a suddenly very famous young actress—to hide in plain sight. But in Morocco, where Dany’s season-three scenes were shot over six weeks last summer, might it have been tempting to stay in character sometimes? “I keep asking to go out with the wig at night, but they insist there’s no way. They won’t let me go partying with it on! I would be killed on the spot,” she says. “It’s silly to say, but when I take the wig off at the end of the day, I’m rather disappointed when I look in the mirror.” Doubtful!

Winter Is Coming: Finn Jones is hilarious and Emilia Clarke is beautiful. And vice versa.

1. Tanya
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:15 am | Permalink

emilia is so beautiful <3

2. Javi Marcos
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Finn’s comments about sharing scenes with Sansa almost confirm the theory that he will be betrothed with her instead of cripple Willas

3. ACVG
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Javi Marcos,

theres also a great scene they share in the books when he is escorting her to lunch with margery and olenna.
    its a great scene esp for the character of loras because we actually see him react to the mention of renly and his persona changes and we see how oblivious sansa is, in (my opinion) an endearing way
    its a glimpse to both their characters

4. Hounded
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Javi Marcos,

I think there will be a scene where lady olenna arrives and forbids loras joining the kingsguard then plans for him and sansa to marry. its only when sansa is married to tyrion that loras joins (against olenna will)

5. SourBillyTipton
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Well he won’t be donning the white cloak this season.

6. Patchy Face
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Hounded,

Watch the spoilers please

7. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Finn Jones is adorable! Such a sweetheart.

8. zambi76
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Yeah, sure Finn, keep begging for that cape. (Be carefull what you wish for).

I’m also still not over him turning into a Loras/Jaime shipper for realz. That makes now six of us, or so.

<3 <3 <3

9. Johnny Camp
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:35 am | Permalink

Aren’t we getting another production video tonight?

10. A-Gone
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Johnny Camp,

Supposedly. And it’s 3 minutes (one min longer than the trailer !).

11. Grijnwaald
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Duh duh duuuhh, Game of Thrones

Lol

Oh…hello Emilia

12. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

A-Gone,

When was this announced? I know we are getting the trailer next sunday/monday but havent heard anything about a production video today?

13. A-Gone
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 11:46 am | Permalink

WheelofIceandFire,

Read this whole : http://winteriscoming.net/2013/02/season-3-trailer-to-hit-hbo-on-demand-on-feb-25/

I know, it says 18, not 17, but i hope for tonight…

14. Hounded
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Patchy Face,

sorry I thought I did but am on my phone – guess it didnt work!

Are there really people on this site who haven’t read the books?!

15. pntrlqst
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Hounded,

People who enjoy television shows usually tend to congregate in places where people talk about television shows… In the case of GoT, your usual places like IMDB or even Facebook are swarming with spoilers. WiC, AVClub, and TWoP are all good refuges for the Unsullied, but only WiC offers news all year round.

16. WheelofIceandFire

F5…..

F5 F5 F5……

F5.

18. Patchy Face
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

Think so — it really is difficult to avoid spoilers if you just a show fan! Thanks

19. Hilda
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Hilarious interview! Love all the f-bombing he was doing!

20. JP Dayne
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

So they’re making Loras gay for Jaime?
    please god NO!

21. zambi76
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

They’re not making anything yet, JP Dayne. He just says he wishes they would. XD

22. JamesL
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

I was wondering if WIC knew whether or not the new “About Game of Thrones” video thats going to be posted on demand tonight will include footage from season 3.

23. A-Gone
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

JamesL,

Of course it will. What would be the point ?

24. The B of B-town
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Really do hope he does join the kingsguard by the end of the season. I think the show in general needs to have a little more focus on those boys in white. Hopefully there will be more of one when Jamie and Loras are both around in season 4 as well as Meryn Trant. It will be good to get a bit deeper into the world of the Kingsguard, the oath and the difficulties.

Having this depth being added in season 4, when they have a little more time to flesh out the episodes with backstory and interesting aspects fro the world of Westeros will be useful for the future. It will really help set up Season 5 in Dorne with Arys Oakheart and then Balon Swann in Season 6+

Hopefully Swann will be cast in Season 4 or 5 too before he heads off just so he is a bit of a familiar face.

25. damryn of dorne
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

That interviewer needs to eat a sandwich.

26. JamesL
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

A-Gone,

It is titled about “About Game of Thrones”, there’s a good chance it will just be just describing what the show is about with clips from the first 2 seasons. It is not a behind the scenes or an in production for S3. Hopefully they will include some footage from S3.

27. After The Feast
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

The B of B-town,
    I agree with you about balon swann but I feel like they’re going to just name drop him before he goes to dorne. Do you remember how they first talked about ser Mandon Moore? You never saw his face and Cersei just gave him a brief order. This was probably more for the readers than the non readers in that how would someone who didn’t read the book connect two and two? I think balon swann given actual face time without a helmet and a solid role before he goes to Dorne is unlikely :(

28. The B of B-town
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

After The Feast,
    REALLY SORRY SPOILER TAGS DONT SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR ME, SO IF SOMEONE COULD EDIT THAT WOULD BE GREAT, BUT YEAH, WATCH OUT, SPOILERS…

Yeah I think having him in Season 4 or 5 is probably a bit wishful thinking.They may well introduce him in Kingslanding at the start of season 6 episode 1 before he goes, then have him arrive there episode 3 or 4 or something. I guess it kind of all depends on what they do with the adaptations of Feast and Dance. It would be nice to have him in season 5 though as a bit of a background character, just highly unlikely.

This aside I am very much looking forward to Swann, Hotah and one of the Sandsnakes hunting down Darkstar in the next book which i imagine would happen in the latter half of season 6. Could be such a damn cool little group and an incredible confrontation since Darkstar knows that it was Hotah who killed Swann’s kingsguard brother. Since Swann is Kingsguard elite and quite a badass its interesting how it will all play out. I really hope there is more form this character in the books and that he makes an impact on the show at some point.

29. Arthur
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

It is rather weird how Emilia totally looks like just a normal pretty girl without her Dany wig on.

Then, once that wig goes on and she is in her Dany outfit and mindset, she transforms into the beautiful and stunning Khaleesi, full of attitude and sex appeal.

Can’t wait to see her in season 3. Season 2 sucked for Dany and Jon Snow, really looking forward to seeing their storylines in season 3.

30. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Now THIS Finn looks like a fun chap to have a pint with, as they say. A woman loves his depiction of Ser Loras, who is so full of angst, anger, and ambition for his family. That Finn is such a fun-loving chap in real life shows you how good of an actor he really is. A woman would not have expected this fun-loving spirit while watching Ser Loras, the earnest alpha male of his family. Good to see that he’s taking it all in stride.

31. Dave
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

This is a new thought for me but as someone who knows the books through and through I’m kinda happy with the show deviating from the books. It is nice to still be a little surprised once in awhile.

32. MX
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

I find Emilia much more attractive with her natural dark hair, but I guess everyone worships platinum…

33. The Lightning Lord
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Adventure Time, lol. He seems like a fun guy!

34. Valyrian
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

It’s unrelated, but GRRM read two more chapters from TWOW at Boskone yesterday, and someone over at Westeros has taken a lot of notes. The chapters are from Ser Barristan’s POV and apparently depict the Fire battle at Meereen that he’s mentioned before Here

35. zod
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Valyrian,

Thanks!

36. Cary Storm
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I loved this interview with Finn. His comments about Season 3 make me even more intrigued to see what changes they have wrought. Bethrothal to Sansa instead of his brother! OMG! And totally loved him geeking out on adventure time. Look for some Loras Tyrell/Finn the Human mashup art, unless it’s already out there.

37. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Hey all,

I decided to put together a little audition tape for Game of Thrones yesterday. I’ve filmed an audition piece for Dareon, Aegon and Quentyn (not necessarily thinking they’d be my most suited roles – but just felt it would give me a bit of variety if I did those).

Anyway, a) I wondered if anyone fancied seeing them, and b) I wondered if anyone had any idea what I should do with them? Obviously I’m going to try and get my agent to get Nina Gold to view them, but I just wondered if there were any other ideas.

Any ideas, opinions and views would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

38. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland:
    Hey all,

Any ideas, opinions and views would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you post them to YouTube and post a link here, a woman would be happy to watch and comment at your YouTube post. That would work, no? As far as who to send to, this woman has no information on that angle but some who read/post here might.

39. Darquemode
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

The B of B-town,

I agree.
    I think a number of King’s Landing regulars in the books need to make their screen debuts this year, or at least have their name mentioned so when they turn up next year there is continuity.

We will need Ser Arys for sure by next year & Ser Balon then or the year after, and some one should be replacing The Hound since he has departed.

I would think they need one or two characters that could be accused of being with Margery and her cousins, but I doubt Jalabhar Xho will make the series…. I can see having two Kettleblacks with one being Kingsguard and the other not. Maybe combining Blount and Kettleblack? Hmmm, maybe…

40. Darquemode
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Valyrian,

Thanks for the head’s up!

41. mariamb18
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Mrs. H’ghar:

Agree. Finn seemes like a fun-loving, good-natured guy. He’s probably great on set.

As far as the Kingsguard, I agree that we will need to see certain characters soon: Arys Oakheart, Balon, and Osmund Kettleblack. I thought that Osmund might have been cast this year. Perhaps he has and we haven’t heard about it.

42. Hi-Fi
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

You should try for Satin as well!

43. After The Feast
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,
    Can’t say I can picture you as Quentyn (look a bit older) based off of pictures but what the hell, go for it dude! The best of luck to you and you seem like a cool addition. Have you thought about auditioning for Ser Garris Drinkwater (Quentyn’s companion)? You look like how I imagined him.

44. Valyrian
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

zod,

Darquemode,

My pleasure :)

45. David
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

Valyrian,

Spoilers and such. Why would Victarion save TL, JM and P? Damn you Moqorro.

46. bgap
    Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Valyrian,

Thanks for that link. Any TWOW updates are greatly appreciated.

Last week I was doing business with someone who lives across the street from GRRM here in SF, NM, and I kept imagining (or perhaps hoping) that he was in his writing studio, working on the new book.

47. Darquemode
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:32 am | Permalink

I just checked OnDemand and the “New” video About Game of Thrones is the same video from 2011 for Season 1!
    Ugh!

I watched through and no new footage and in fact no footage of Season 2 even since it is a Season 1 promo video. Maybe they made a mistake and there is another “About Game of Thrones” that was supposed to be added to OnDemand, but I doubt it….. sadly.

ETA:
    This is the video added today marked as “new”…

48. Selmy
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:33 am | Permalink

Great improvement from the Gemma interview we last saw. Finn seems to have the greatest time of his life filming this show, that’s cool. What I’d give just to be an extra….

I’ve never liked the character of Loras. Don’t precisely know why. But I do approve the choice of replacing Willas with Loras for Sansa’s storyline. It’s simple and it will hopefully pay off. King’s landing should be really interesting this season. As always.

49. zod
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:41 am | Permalink

So, I see on HBO’s schedule that the “About Game of Thrones” vid is now available. Has anyone already watched it?

50. Darquemode
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:50 am | Permalink

zod,

Yep, it’s the video from 2011 called “About Game of Thrones”…..
    I keep going back and watching it again in hopes that they will upload a new video of the same name for Season 3! XD

No such luck thus far…..

51. zod
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:57 am | Permalink

Darquemode,

The one from 2011, really? Wow.. talk about disappointing.. :D

Anyway, thanks for the fast answer. ;-)

52. Sarah
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:26 am | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

Where is a link to view this and/ or a picture I know I am looking to do an audition tape but the character I would like to go for doesn’t really have any lines as it is Lyanna. Unless someone can tell me which chapter/s she talks.

53. fdgytyrt
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:29 am | Permalink

only a week before the trailer and still no teaser with footage!!!!!!!
    I thought we’d have one this sunday :(

54. JamesL
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:33 am | Permalink

HBO just trolled us.

55. A-Gone
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:36 am | Permalink

(Goatf***ers !!! )

They better leak the trailer soon.

56. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 4:40 am | Permalink

Mrs. H'ghar: If you post them to YouTube and post a link here, a woman would be happy to watch and comment at your YouTube post.That would work, no? As far as who to send to, this woman has no information on that angle but some who read/post here might.

Thanks! Well, it’s a private link at the mo. Do you mind if I send it you directly? How do you suggest?

After The Feast:
    Jay Sutherland,

I’ll take that as a compliment, as Quentyn isn’t really a looker. I know I’m not exactly well suited for the role, but just chose characters that weren’t too similar. I felt Gerris, Dareon and Aegon all have a hint of arrogance to their character, whereas Quentyn shows humility and apprehension.

Hi-Fi:
    Jay Sutherland,

You should try for Satin as well!

Thanks!

Sarah:
    Jay Sutherland,

I’ll send you a link… somehow… or just post a link here soon. I’ll have a think and try and find some Lyanna chapters for you. You have any links to you or your CV, etc?

57. Kondicionieriai
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 8:20 am | Permalink

damryn of dorne:
    That interviewer needs to eat a sandwich.

Whart???

Anyway, nice interviewer. More something like this

58. flame
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Did anyone catch the sorta game of thrones referencing couch gag on The Simpsons last night?

59. Sarah
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

this is my link on a casting website, hopefully you’ll be able to see the picture

60. After The Feast
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

Haha it was a compliment, but who knows, quentyn doesn’t have to be homely. The best of luck to you!

61. Mardock
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

@Jay Sutherland

Judging by the pictures, you would perfectly match with one of the Stannis men: Justin Massey or Godry the Giant Slayer. You are a good choice for Osney Ketlleblack or ser Arys Oakheart, too. You should totally try with those roles.

62. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

A man could reach a woman on twitter as MrsH_ghar (they don’t allow the same punctuation), and there is a direct message option there. How’s that?

63. Hounded
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

flame,

Yes! thats the 2nd thrones spoofing opening they’ve done. guess they must be fans. The office and parks and rec have refernced thrones as well.

64. Valyrian
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

David,

I don’t think he would. Most likely would take them as prisoners, IMO. I think Tyrion is miserable because probably Vic arrived before he could work his magic and change sides and win over Ser Baristan & Co. with his cunning. So my bet is Vic gets all the credits and Tyrion goes unnoticed, again.

bgap,
    We all appreciate it :)

65. Dan
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

He has good taste in TV. Adventure Time is great!

66. Nick Larter
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Highly amused by Finn’s suggestion of a Loras gay crush on Jaime hope the showrunners take that one up, the purists would be howling ;)

67. David
    Posted February 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Valyrian,

That makes sense. Tyrion is gonna be pissed. MUHAha.

68. janarchy
    Posted February 19, 2013 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Finn was a guest at Gallifrey One (the big Dr Who convention) in Los Angeles this past weekend, and he was fantastic. He did a one man panel, and he was funny, thoughtful and engaging. I also ran into him in the elevator later in the day and he’s as adorable as he is friendly.

He was certain that only 10 people were going to attend the panel — the room was packed to the rafters. He also says he’s read a lot of Loras fanfiction as well as real person slash fiction, checks out Tumblrs featuring Loras and generally loves the fans for being so enthusiastic.