Season 3 trailer to premiere on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
By Winter Is Coming on in Media, News.

HBO has just sent out a press release announcing that the season three trailer for Game of Thrones will premiere Friday, February 22 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Here is a video announcement (a trailer of the trailer!) and, after the break, is the full press release.

WORLD PREMIERE OF HBO® GAME OF THRONES® SEASON 3 TRAILER ON JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE!, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22

– Jimmy Kimmel Live! airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m./ 10:35 p.m. CT on ABC –

New York, N.Y., February 21, 2013 – The Season 3 trailer of HBO’s Game of Thrones makes its exclusive world premiere on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC) on Friday, February 22nd. A big fan of the series, Kimmel kicks off the countdown to the new season premiere on Sunday, March 31 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively on HBO, with the all-new 60-second trailer that will offer a first look at the action and treachery that continues in the visually stunning series that has become a pop culture phenomenon.

Stated Kimmel, “I am so excited about this trailer, even I might watch my show.”
The trailer will be posted to the Game of Thrones YouTube channel immediately following its east coast debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live!. http://www.youtube.com/gameofthrones.

Based on the popular book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R.R. Martin, the Emmy®- and Golden Globe®-winning fantasy series Games of Thrones chronicles an epic struggle for power set in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom. Beginning on March 31st, Games of Thrones will air on HBO on Sunday nights at 9:00p.m. ET/PT.

Winter Is Coming: The trailer is coming! And sooner than we expected too. As far as I know, this is quite unprecedented as well. HBO rarely, if ever, debuts their trailers any where other than their own channel.

1. Stheil
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

YEAH !

2. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

I cried a little when I first saw your tweet. The sweetness was too much to bare.

What time does Kimmel air? I might have to pull an all nighter because I live across the pond :)

EDIT: Should’ve read the post lol
    Too excited to see properly :)

3. direhound
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Heck, I might even watch his show.

4. Villane
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Interesting that the trailer will be 60 seconds. I think I remember seeing the OnDemand schedule saying that the trailer appearing next Monday will be 2 or 3 minutes. Maybe we’ll get an extended one on Sunday night before Girls.

5. Paul Tyrell
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

A man is beyond excited at this.

6. Spryte
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Will anyone from the show be there to help promote it?

7. Darquemode
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Nice to get it a day or two early!

A 60-second trailer is a nice size too, not overly long with too much spoilery footage, but not so short it feels like a teaser….

8. GeekFurious
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

“You know nothing…”

9. Isabelle
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Lin Beifunk
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

See? This is why they probably held it back so long. :)

11. Phantomwriter05
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

I feel a let down coming …

But you know what … this is first taste right?

I’m pretty sure as March starts will get longer trailers.

This bodes well for the show … If their permiering it on Kimmel, since Thrones is WB owned and Kimmel is Disney. I guess it’s a big thing to go out of the family for it.

12. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

Huzzah!

13. Superdeluxe
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

Yay!

14. GeekFurious
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Phantomwriter05:

How is GOT owned by WB? It is an HBO show.

15. Kingslayer
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

HBO is owned by Time Warner (WB)

16. Hollyoak
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Very interesting that they are doing this on ABC.

Can’t wait to check it out.

It’s ramping up. Watching my Season Two Blu Ray as I type this. Rakharo just got whacked.

17. Michael Draycott
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Will this be the same trailer that will be released on Sunday or Mondsy on HBO OD?

18. Carne
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Didn’t On Demand say the trailer would be 2 minutes?

Maybe the full one will be uploaded on YouTube later?

19. Darquemode
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Yep.

Maybe it is a matter of rounding up or rounding down and the trailer’s real time is more like 90 seconds?

20. Colty
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

you lost me at ’60 seconds’.

21. Grijnwaald
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I’ll be in York then so I’ll have to find some feckin WiFi!! Very Excite!

22. Michelle Yvette Peeples
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Good news indeed!

Michelle

23. sjwenings
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so cool that it premieres like that! I think they must be very proud of it!

24. The-Valonqar
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

They say it is a 60-second trailer, it would be weird to round down to 60 seconds. If they had said a 1-minute trailer, then I might agree but as they stated it I don’t. This might be a shorter version of the trailer. A trailer of a trailer.

And BTW, I don’t think people should worry about it being a bad trailer. Who would air a bad trailer on another channel?

25. Darquemode
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Seems like HBO is rolling out a “new” videos for Game of Thrones pretty regularly according to the On Demand schedule. March 4 is the “Season 1 and 2 Recap” (2 minutes), March 9 is the ” Season 2 Recap show” (14 minutes) as reported on WIC earlier this month….

I hope they release some supplemental videos too though….

26. Darquemode
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

The-Valonqar,

Ya it sounded odd to me too honestly…
    Good point.

I personally never thought that the new marketing plan has anything to do with a lack of quality I guess. Maybe a more spoiler filled season, or the fact that the show has now established itself and does not “need” as much promotion, but not inevitable doom! XD

27. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Great news about the trailer airing tomorrow!

If anyone is interested, I shot an audition video (purely in the hope that I could get Nina Gold to view it) for Game of Thrones. I shot it outside Warwick Castle! Ha.

Here it is:

Thoughts are most welcome… but go easy on me! :)

28. Quowala
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Cooooooooooool!
    Although only 60 seconds? Is the 2 minute one still coming on Sunday?

29. Coltaine777
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

60 seconds ? lmao …ok so about 20 sec of actual footage I guess..better than nothing :)

30. SourBillyTipton
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

So glad it’s on Kimmel’s show him and Dave have the best late night shows.

I would hate to watch more than 10 seconds of that bloated, overrated, bit stealing, back stabbing, NBC ass kissing LENO!

31. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Wow! Great job.

Perfect for Dareon IMO, near perfect for Quentyn except you’re too good looking (No homo) and the Aegon one was really good but I can’t picture you with Targaryen hair (Since they more than likely won’t use blue hair if Daario in season 3 is any indication).

Dareon all the way for me but you did a fantastic job on the other two as well.

32. KG
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Too bad Kimmel’s show sucks >.< I'll wait a half hour and see it on YouTube.

33. Friend Of fire
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to it

34. Coltaine777
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

I liked your Quentyn Martell …

35. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Nick_Scryer:

Coltaine777:

Thanks so much guys! Much appreciated. If only I could get someone in the right position to view it!! Help…? Ha.

36. Hollyoak
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland:
    Great news about the trailer airing tomorrow!

Here it is:

Thoughts are most welcome… but go easy on me! :)

Good job, mate, and very brave. You’ve got great skill. Keep going for your dreams.

37. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Curiously enough, we don’t even have posters yet, apart from the simplistic “03.31.13″ teaser posters.

38. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Did you try? :

Nina Gold Casting Ltd
    117 Chevening Road
    London
    NW6 6DU

Phone: 020 8960 6099
    Fax: 020 8968 6777
    Email: info@ninagold.co.uk

It would definitely help if you had an agent though I’m sure…

39. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

KG,

I love Kimmel. He and Conan are the only two late night shows I watch. The Matt Damon takeover from a few weeks ago was genius. I think this 60 second trailer may be a shortened version than the one that airs Sunday on HBO.

40. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Nick_Scryer:
    Did you try? :
    Nina Gold Casting Ltd
    It would definitely help if you had an agent though I’m sure…

41. Syrio
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

60 secs? That’s it? That’s not a trailer that’s a teaser, and barely one at that. Hope maybe the online version will be the full version.

42. caroh
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Yessssssss at long last!!!!! x)

43. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

44. A-Gone
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know where I can view Kimmel live over the internet ?

45. Juego de tronos
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

YEAAAAH!

46. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Game of Thrones’ fans really are the most spoiled bunch of ungrateful brats I’ve ever seen. Nerd rage at it’s worst.

47. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:

(Blahblahblah)
    Hey look, people whining over people whining.

Who’s raging by the way? The only one I see complaining and calling names is…you.

48. Carne
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I see no rage from anyone (except you).

Some people are just saying they were hoping for more than 60 seconds seeing as we’re so close to the premiere. Though there will probably be a longer trailer on Sunday, so no worries.

49. Ours is the Fury
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

There should be an onslaught of stuff and probably soon, with the premiere in just over a month. These are good times coming. :)

50. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

In every thread for the past month people have complained about the lack of a trailer. We finally get one tomorrow and it’s not good enough for some people. Rage might be too strong a word, but having read the “Dammit HBO, give us a trailer!” type posts for the past month, it got old.

51. Chibarin
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Umm I was kinda waiting for an epic 3 minute trailer like the Seven Devils one we had last year. This is still good of course, but it makes me sad… will we never get a long trailer?

52. TrappingsOfPower
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Some people will complain about ANYTHING.

53. Patchy Face
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

I second enjoyment of your depiction of Quentyn — good luck!

54. ebevan91
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

A-Gone:
    Does anyone know where I can view Kimmel live over the internet ?

Try this:

Or this:

55. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

I want the entire season to be released now. Just release all of the episodes at once. Netflix did it for ‘House of Cards’. They know how to treat their fans right. Unlike D&D and those bastards at HBO.

56. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face:
    Jay Sutherland,

I second enjoyment ofyour depiction of Quentyn — good luck!

Thank you!!

57. Zack
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

*eeeee*

:D

Tomorrow!!!

60 seconds? I ain’t even mad
    All I need’s a taste. Just a taste.

58. A-Gone
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

ebevan91,

Only for US viewers :( Thx anyway :)
    I’ll settle watching on GOT youtube channel.
    GREAT FRIGGIN NEWS !!!

59. Anthony Johnson
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,
    Are you whining over people whining? Because if so I am right there with you. I hate secondary whiners

60. Onion Knight
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Spryte,

I looked on the Jimmy Kimmel Show webpage to see who was scheduled to be on Friday, and apparently his Friday shows are just highlights from the Monday-Thursday tapings. He had no one GoT related on this week, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for any new interviews. I am guessing this will be the sort of deal where we see little spots during commercial breaks reminding us to watch for the trailer, before it finally plays during one break later on. Maybe Kimmel will record the spots himself with someone from GoT, but I doubt we would see much more, though they could replay Emilia Clarke’s appearance on the show not too long ago.

61. Coltaine777
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap: Coltaine777, Dude, between now and March 31st we are likely to get 7-10 new videos, including a few trailers more than likely. You’ll survive.

lol God I hope so !

62. zod
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Chibarin,

The Seven Devils trailer was 1:46. ;-)

63. KG
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

That’s what makes the world so interesting. Something for everyone! I just do not get the appeal of either of those hosts.

I’m of the Ferguson camp.

64. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Coltaine777,

You can never be sure. GOT deprivation is a serious disease.

65. Hilda
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Love Jimmy Kimmel! That rocks!

66. gisizzlah
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

After making us wait so bloody long the trailer should be more than 60 seconds….

67. kevin
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Jeah, a trailer. And one minutes is enought. I rather like too see some more interviews with the cast, how they look at their character.
    Probably the second trailer will be one week before the release of the premiere. Can’t wait till it all get starter.

Tyrion Pimpslap,
    I’m totally agreeing with you. People need to be happy that they have a trailer this soon. Every other show will get their first trailer about 3 weeks before the premiere. 5 weeks is pretty soon in my book.

And I don’t understand the people complaining at you, because you complain. Because if they really hate complaining at other people, why can’t they stop complaining? Stop complaining about the show, about the trailers. It’s pretty annoying for people who want to enjoy this kind of news. Sometimes when I read the negative things about the show/ trailer around here, I just get a headache from those people. And I just question myself, don’t these people have lives? And if the answer is yes, you wouldn’t complain because you would be to busy with your life. Is the answer no, instead of complaining, read the fucking books (again).

So instead of saying: I’m disappointed that the trailer is just 1 minute.

Game of thrones isn’t about a bunch of trailers, it’s about guess what: Game of Thrones the show ;)

68. Arthur
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you HBO!

Damn what do you think we will get a peek at?

Bigger dragons?
    More filled out Direwolves?
    A pit with a bear?
    White walkers?

I am so excited! =]

69. thisone
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland: easy on me! :)

I enjoyed watching you. Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing you on the show.

70. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

kevin:

You don’t say, Sherlock.

I get annoyed at people complaining about other people because their comments are just as annoying and useless. And sometimes they’re even more agressive (shut up entitled, spoiled whiny kiddies, etc).

“So instead of saying: I’m disappointed that the trailer is just 1 minute.
    Say: Jeaaah, the trailer is 3 days earlier, that’s something to celebrate, and even it’s just a minute. That’s fine. :D”

So, excuse people for not being as conformist as you.

I’m not picking for a fight, btw. I don’t have the time to argue “on the internetz”.
    Just pointing out some things.

71. MedievalFantasy
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Are we still getting the two minute trailer that On Demand has listed on Monday? I hope they’re two separate trailers.

72. ibgraham
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

I’m soo excited for this. Only 60 seconds? Will have to do. On Jimmy Kimmel no less I must admit I’m a fan of his show

73. Remin
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

New Season 3 photo from HBO’s Game of Thrones website. http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548588_487024091357834_1705119845_n.jpg

74. Skyofwelkup
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

Well done on all of them. It would be cool to see you on the show, I really enjoyed watching each performance. Good luck!

75. WildSeed
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Are you humming the Pointer Sisters’ ” I’m so excited ” (?) :D, we’re
    in unison then………….

Alas, I’m skipping the talk show snippet…….HBO will be airing the promo soon.

76. WildSeed
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

KG:
    Tyrion Pimpslap,

That’s what makes the world so interesting. Something for everyone!I just do not get the appeal of either of those hosts.

I’m of the Ferguson camp.

I agree with you there……..

77. Khal-A-Bunga
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:

This just needed to be repeated.

78. Perkins
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Umm..Va vavoooom, boing boing!

79. amilly
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,
    You’re Dareon was surprisingly good, couldn’t picture you as Aegon, but you’re Quentyn actually kind of moved me – I think you’d be great in that role. I’d actually feel bad seeing the dragon burn you to a crisp.

80. Ioco73
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Yeah, yeah…yep good news indeed! As for the length….who cares? We were complaining about the fact that we had no trailers, now we are complaining that it is too short!!! I’ll take it with no complaint, hell I enjoyed the teasers and every morsel of news and every image and behind the scenes featurettes. And who cares if it is on Jimmy Kimmel? Better, the exposure for the show will be even bigger than if it was a HBO exclusive only.

Besides, as the show’s premiere gets closer I am sure the promo efforts will ramp up we will get more trailers…

81. Nick Manfredi
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Super pumped.

82. Kelly
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I will be watching!

83. the goat
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

“Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”

84. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Am I the only one who is anticipating the new character videos more than the trailers? I can’t wait for the features on Mance,Queen of Thorns,Beric/BWB, and the Tullys. Most of the time we get more new scenes in these videos than the actual trailers.

85. ebevan91
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:06 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:

I do like the character videos myself. I imagine that they’re going to be coming in like crazy throughout the next couple of weeks.

86. Darquemode
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:06 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Nope, you’re not alone.

I wonder if they are cutting back on the suplemental videos this year…..
    Saving the release of featurettes (or snippets of them) as the interactive features on HBO GO and in-season promotion.

I hope not!
    Guess we will see in the coming weeks…..

87. Tomás
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:51 am | Permalink

amilly,

*Your

88. Tomás
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:52 am | Permalink

You are totally Daeron!

89. Isabelle
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:16 am | Permalink

In case anyone needs anything to tide them over before the trailer tomorrow–

Conleth Hill has a guest spot on a show called Suits, and there was an article today with a clip from it!! Basically what happens when a hotshot Yankee lawyer goes head to head with Varys himself. Beautiful.

90. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Jay Sutherland:
    Great news about the trailer airing tomorrow!

Here it is:

Thoughts are most welcome… but go easy on me! :)

91. flame
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:13 am | Permalink

Tomás,

Who is Dareon?

92. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:43 am | Permalink

flame,

He’s the singer who is sent by Jon to recruit for the NW. He had the shit kicked out of him by Sam and was killed by Arya because he deserted.

93. Jentario
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 3:24 am | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

Are you complaining about people complaining about people complaining???

94. Abyss
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 3:50 am | Permalink

Off-Topic:
    That really moved me.
    “Anyone can be sketched”

95. Ross
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 4:31 am | Permalink

Abyss:
    Off-Topic:
    That really moved me.
    “Anyone can be sketched”

That’s really incredible, thanks for posting.

96. Arthur
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 4:43 am | Permalink

Ross,

Wow… That sketch artist is amazing how she just makes those portraits come to life.

97. Lexyvil
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 4:49 am | Permalink

I don’t normally watch those types of late night shows. However, for such a trailer, I shall do so.

98. Abyss
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 5:04 am | Permalink

Arthur,

She is a he – with very feminine hands I admit. ;-)

99. sjwenings
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 5:10 am | Permalink

So for us europeans – in how many hours does the Jimmy Kimmel show air over there?

100. The Kingslayer
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 5:12 am | Permalink

i want to see Ramsay! i hope he will be in the trailer.

101. Michael Harper
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 5:23 am | Permalink

sjwenings,

I may be wrong, but I think in the UK it will be 4:35; I’m just going to wait until tomorrow to see the trailer, there’s no way I am staying up that early, even though I have no work in the morning. It’s something to look forward to tomorrow.

102. Faraday
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 6:15 am | Permalink
  103. Ned
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Awesome. It could be 6 seconds, it could be 6 minutes, who cares. We get it two days earlier than we thought. The trailer is playing on a major network, and the recently anointed “late night” ratings leader. This is a big deal for GoT. Their initial trailer has become an event … that is to big, to important, to air on their own channel (HBO). This will not disappoint. Who cares about the extra 30-60 seconds you think you “deserve”, that you will likely get two days later, you guys are embarrassing.

104. Turri
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 6:27 am | Permalink

sjwenings,
    Michael Harper,
    Yeah, 5:35 Central Europe. I’ve already set my alarm clock to 6.

105. zod
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 6:46 am | Permalink

Ned: This is a big deal for GoT. Their initial trailer has become an event … that is to big, to important, to air on their own channel (HBO).

Very exciting, indeed. And I guess that they have something quite impressive to show us tonight, since they chose to go that route. :)

106. kevin
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:04 am | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm,

That’s true, sometimes they can be really aggressive, that’s why I try too say it in a non-aggressive way, I think we must be positive about the things that we get (in life). Instead about complaining about anything. That’s why I suggest the people who complain about trailers and stuff, just enjoy other things in the meanwhile, I understand why they frustrated, GOT isn’t just an average show, it’s an amazing show. But instead of depressive people who come here to have a nice time talking about got stuff, why can’t they just look at it positive. We just get 2 trailers for season 3, so be happy that’s it’s just now not 3 months ago.

Maybe we get 3 trailers now? Shorter trailers but more? 7 devils was just 1.46 min not 3 min.

argilac’s antler,

Thanks, the only thing that I want here is a more adult way too look at things. The things that we need and can complain about are the episodes itself, if it’s derive to much from the books for instance.

sjwenings,
    I’m from the Netherlands, so from Europe. The best thing you can do is just waiting till it’s Saturday, if you wake up, the trailer is probably just a couple of hours on youtube.

Can’t wait till tomorrow. I hope we get to see some of the brotherhood and the queen of thornes.

107. sjwenings
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:31 am | Permalink

Michael Harper,

Turri,

Thanks. I don’t really see myself staying up anyways. Just wondering.

108. Chibarin
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:06 am | Permalink

zod,

Now I feel silly! Thanks for reminding me, somehow I thought the length of a normal song when I wrote that (even though the original song by Florence is 5 mins long). I’ll remind myself to double-check w/e is on my mind before writing something late at night. I’m excited for the trailer now!

109. GregoftheNorth
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I am guessing it’s 60 seconds because they may use it as an advertisement on network tv. Seven devils, price for our sins, fear and blood were all odd times since hbo can show whatever they want on their own station but on network tv they probably want 30 or 60 second ads.
    This also makes me think they may have a non 60 second trailer on sunday. Really, I’m just happy to see anything. And if the 60 second trailer is to be used as a commercial that can only be a good thing for the shows viewship numbers.

110. Anonymous
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:54 am | Permalink
  111. Yago
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:19 am | Permalink

How many hours till this airs? I live in Europe, and I’m having a hard time trying to figure it out…

112. abyrwalg
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Yago,

13 hours.

113. Khaleesi In Training
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

Well done & best of luck to you!

114. Yago
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:46 am | Permalink

abyrwalg,

Thanks very much ;)

115. amilly
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Tomás,

Ooops. I was high as f*** when I typed that out.

116. Saark
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

That Kimmel fella’s going to get a ratings bump tonight!

117. Deme
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Seems weird to me. I wouldn’t think most of their demographic would be home at 11:30 on a Friday night. Unless they’re looking for the hard-core nerds who never leave home? Do they watch Kimmel?

118. Robbb
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Jay Sutherland,

great job … Really enjoyed it, Quentyn most of all. Keep pounding away at that rock and hopefully one day it will crack.

119. ACVG
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Nick_Scryer,

my heart skipped a beat AND i cried a little

120. Nick_Scryer
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Permalink
  121. Hollyoak
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

I wonder how much we will analyze a door opening and some dudes running across a field.

122. Carne
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

Nick_Scryer,

With the one slated for Sunday, I guess it’s a teaser for a trailer for a trailer.

Tywin walking through a door and wildlings after climbing the Wall?

123. Katherine
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

FINALLY!

124. Watson
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak,

Analyzed: Tywin entering the throne room, Wildlings south of the wall, war pieces, well chosen music.

We’re trailin’ this trailer real good.

125. Jay Sutherland
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

thisone: I enjoyed watching you. Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing you on the show.

Skyofwelkup:

amilly:

Tomás:

You are totally Daeron!

Mrs. H’ghar: Well done Ser Jay, you could play any of those roles, but the minstrel/NW suits you the best in this woman’s opinion.

Khaleesi In Training:
    Jay Sutherland,

Well done & best of luck to you!

Robbb:
    Jay Sutherland,

great job … Really enjoyed it, Quentyn most of all.Keep pounding away at that rock and hopefully one day it will crack.

Thanks so much for the support, guys! If anyone feels so inclined, please do comment on the YouTube video, as if anyone involved with casting does happen to stumble across it, some fan support certainly couldn’t do me any harm. Only if you want to, mind. I usually hate asking that kinda thing, but I need to pull out every stop I can for this. :) Thanks again.

126. flame
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Dareon was mentioned in season 1. Someone was actually cast but barely got a second of screentime

127. flame
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Carne,

how is “Tywin walking through a door” a spoiler?

128. Holbac
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

I think that Pyp, who is a singer in the show, will take Dareon place for Braavos.

129. MetalgoddessAMB
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

great-of course tonight I have to work until midnight. well, I expect you guys to post it as soon as it hits the internet!

130. Laurentius
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

flame,

Well, if someone reads the first two books and thinks: “Hey, I bet Tywin won’t walk through a single door anymore for the entire series, he’ll just stay put in one room” that scene would turn all your expectations upside down, wouldnt it?

131. zod
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Holbac,

That would make sense.

132. ebevan91
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

A trailer for a trailer that’s probably part of a larger trailer.

WE MUST GO DEEPER.

133. wolf dragon
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Cyvasse?!!!

134. MyBFFTheHound
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Yes, cyvasse!

135. bgap
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Someone needs to make a trailer for this trailer for the actual trailer, so I can have something more to watch hundreds of times.

136. Abyss
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

ebevan91,

I have my spinner, let’s go!

137. The B of B-town
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Is that Joffrey on the throne as Tywin walks in? Think Tywin is going to show him who is boss

138. Steel_Wind
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Look, it’s cool to be seeing a trailer and all that — but come on!! A “World Premiere” for a >>trailer<< for the third season of a TV show on cable?

Let's dial back the hype here please. This is Storm of Swords on TV. That in itself should be enough.

139. Jen@House Stark
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Jay Sutherland: Thanks, Nick. Yeah, I tried e-mailing direct for season 3, plus tried getting my agent to get me in… but no cigar so far. I was hoping with this behind me, it might give me a bit more of a chance but who knows in this game! They say acting’s a mug’s game!

Jay, good luck to you kind ser! Let us know in the North if you need my bannermen or my septa!

140. ebevan91
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

The B of B-town:

Yep, grandpa and uncle Tyrion don’t take no **** from Joffrey.

141. Jamie B
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

wolf dragon,
    MyBFFTheHound,

Although the pieces look right for cyvasse, I think it’s from a Robb scene, based on this pic from EW.com: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/25/game-of-thrones-season-three-photos/4/

142. Bill Volk
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Please tell me they paid some game designer to make complete rules for cyvasse, just to make the scene more realistic.

143. The Lightning Lord
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

Is there confirmation that the trailer will go online after it airs?

144. ebevan91
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

The Lightning Lord:
    Is there confirmation that the trailer will go online after it airs?

It’ll probably be on Youtube soon after.

145. JoffreyKing
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

The Lightning Lord,

Did you not read the press release?

146. Anna
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

I need a bit of help with the hour difference. Is CT the same time as in this web site? I mean what appears on the commentaries.

147. The Lightning Lord
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

JoffreyKing,

Just did, I’m an idiot, sorry

Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Anna:

The timestamps on here are in ET, which is a +1 hour difference from CT.

149. Anna
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink
  150. Tomás
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

amilly,

LOL!

151. sam
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

BRING ON TRAILER!

152. The hounds pup
    Posted February 22, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Did joe ever get on the show?

153. trOmblyj
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:11 am | Permalink

UNNNNNNNFFFFFFF!

154. ebevan91
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:12 am | Permalink

That was epic as fuck.

155. Hollyoak
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:14 am | Permalink

O.
    M.
    G.

The show looks better than ever. Did I just see a dragon?

DID I JUST SEE A FREAKING DRAGON!!!!

156. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:15 am | Permalink

Devastating! How I like it!

157. lurker
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:20 am | Permalink
    Posted February 23, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Anna,

Unless by CT you mean Connecticut, which is on the same time as our time stamps :)

1. [...] winteriscoming.net reported that the trailer will air on Friday the 22nd. [...]