London food truck S2 box set promo tour
By Hear Me Roar on in Marketing.

The Food Truck

The S2 DVD/Blu-ray is officially releasing tomorrow, March 4, in the UK and the rest of Europe (with a two week delay compared to the US release). HBO UK prepared an awesome  promotional event to go with it: there will be a food truck cruising the streets of London tomorrow. Here is its itinerary:

• 1pm-2pm: Whitfield Street, Goodge Street
  • 2.30pm-3pm: Monmouth Street, Covent Garden
  • 3.15pm-3.45pm: Broadwick Street, Soho
  • 5pm-5.30pm: Finsbury Circus, Liverpool Street

And here is the three-course menu:

Breakfast
Spiced, cracked wheat Medieval porridge
OR Saffron & nutmeg buns

Main
Wild boar cured sausage with mustard preserved fruits
OR Root soup with pumpkin bread

Pudding
Lemon cake

A special guest has been promised as well, but their identity remains a secret for now (UPDATE: It’s Isaac Hempstead-Wright, a.k.a. Bran). Follow HBO UK’s Twitter account for all up-to-date news and last minute updates on the event (as well as pictures of the food being prepared).

Hear Me Roar: Yummy. I am glad that we are finally getting a Westerosi food truck on this side of the pond as well! Go enjoy your meal tomorrow and report back.

1. Johnny3toes
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Woot never been first before. Cool lookin truck

2. Watson
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Dragon Wagon! Nice.

PS, are you going to post about this component of S3′s advertising?

Posted March 3, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Watson,

This goes with the shadow printed ad in the newspaper we wrote about, and this particular photo was tweeted a couple of times … It’s impressive, really works well!

4. Floe
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Ugh I hate lemoncake

5. EvilPicnic
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Fantastic! First time back on WiC for a while and I see something I can participate in! I’ll try to get to the Finsbury Circus event after work.

6. Katie
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Oh man, that sounds delicious. I want some pumpkin bread.

7. Juego de tronos
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 10:04 am | Permalink

That sounds delicious!!

8. Sma
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

….aside from germany, where it is released on april 5….
    Does somebody know why the release is so late in germany?

9. Bard
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Sma: ….aside from germany, where it is released on april 5….Does somebody know why the release is so late in germany?

I guess because Season 2 starts on free TV next weekend (all episodes on 1 weekend) , so they can’t release the DVD/BR set before that.

10. Nicholas
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Wanted to also show that Ommegang is having a Game of Thrones styled feast to unveil their Game of Thrones themed beer. Looks like a good time, wish it wasn’t a $100, but much more accessible to me than London so it was at least possible.

11. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Who do you think the mystery guest is? The only Stark i can really see doing it is Robb (Richard Madden). I dont know why but i cant see Maisie, Isaac or Sophie travelling around in a van :)

12. Erinyes
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

I’m going to the last stop at Finsbury Circus, Liverpool Street – looking forward to meeting other fans of the books as well as the show (depending on the weather) I’ll either be in my red Canada Hoodie or a white APOIAF t-shirt – see you there ;)

13. alaynes
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

why can’t anything nice like this happen in my country

14. Erinyes
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

15. Seven Hells Bells
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

OMg why a Stark? Bad things happen to Starks in southron lands

16. West End ted
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

At last, something happening 5 mins walk from where I work. Time to get the camera all ready.

17. Nancy
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

WheelofIceandFire,

I am curious as to the mystery Stark. I would only rule out Sophie, Isaac, Maisie and Art due to age. Unless it was Isaac and Kirsten Nairn…
    So I guess it leaves either Richard, Kit (if you want to count Jon as a Stark, which I do), or Michelle.

18. Erik
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

It will be Ned of course.

Will we find this food truck in other European’s countrys ?

19. James
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Gonna be at the Soho one… Will probably be wearing a biege duffle coat.

Quite tempted to yell “THE KING IN THE NORTH!”

20. Coltaine777
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Nicholas:

Wanted to also show that Ommegang is having a Game of Thrones styled feast to unveil their Game of Thrones themed beer.Looks like a good time, wish it wasn’t a $100, but much more accessible to me than London so it was at least possible.

thx..this sounds amazing !!…

21. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Nancy,

Thats exactly what i was thinking, which is why i think it might be Richard Madden (this is also his last season of the show so he wont get the chance to do anything like this again whereas the others will).

22. rorschach-
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

This kinda thing would never happen in Finland. Makes me sad. We don’t even have decent “after-bar-snack-trucks” what ever they are called in english. Food from the truck is brilliant idea and Finland is is so far behind other countries that we could sell food from a horseback.

23. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

I’d be praying to the Old Gods and the Seven for the truck to cross the Channel and come to central France, but it looks so shabby I fear they wouldn’t be enough… I guess I’ll have to light some churches to get the attention and help of the Lord of Light!

24. Pablo Jainaga
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

A little correction here, I live in Spain and got my copy on the 1st of March, just the day it came out ;)

25. Udi
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Will they be serving Ned’s head as well?
    Sorry, couldn’t resist :(

26. Katie
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

rorschach-,

At least you get pretty forests and lakes!

27. WolfHope
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

I’m confused. There’s an age limit to riding around in a food truck in England?

28. The White Raven
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

I just came to Europe a week ago, but these events are still happening so far away… Those of you who can, eat like Robert does and show us some pictures!

29. Jack
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

The HBO_UK twitter account just let slip that “He should (hopefully) be arriving around 12:30 :)”

It’s probably Richard Madden.

30. Nancy
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

WolfHope,

I am just thinking that perhaps the younger ones have school and that’s why they wouldn’t be able to do it. But who knows?

31. mariamb18
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Jack:

It’s probably Richard Madden.

Agree. It will be the King in the North.

32. Jen
    Posted March 3, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

…. Just being uncool over here in the US :( hehe

33. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 12:52 am | Permalink

James:
    Gonna be at the Soho one… Will probably be wearing a biege duffle coat.

Quite tempted to yell “THE KING IN THE NORTH!”

Ah, to be there with an iphone rolling video when you shout “THE KING IN THE NORTH” and everybody echoes it back and the sky rings with the joyous calls of Starkmen and Starkwomen! Ah that would be a delightful sight to see and hear! DO IT DO IT DO IT! How many chances will there be??? If only a woman lived in London…

34. Scott E
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 12:54 am | Permalink

Covent Garden?

35. kvothe
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 1:43 am | Permalink

does anybody knows that pixomondo is closing down their london office. it will nt gonna affect GoT though. hard days 4 vfx studios nowadays. lets hope that vfxs r nt gonna cost more.

36. Bill Volk
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 2:13 am | Permalink

This is what the Denny’s Hobbit menu should have been.

Posted March 4, 2013 at 2:32 am | Permalink

Did they tweet it will be a Stark? where’s this coming from? confused … (since I shouldn’t miss info like that, bad HmR!)

38. Ser Lemon Cakes
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 3:37 am | Permalink

I wish we has food related promo here in Sydney!

My friend won tickets for me to go to a HBO sponsored live showing of Blackwater in a theatre with a Q and A with Michelle Fairley, this Thursday, so I will report if anything interesting about S 3 is mentioned.

39. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 3:47 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar: since I shouldn’t miss info like that, bad HmR!

Maybe try roaring less loudly and listening instead! :-)

Posted March 4, 2013 at 4:06 am | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

Haha, good one :) still, where is the Stark info coming from?

41. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 4:16 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

No idea, my ears are filled with tar ;-)

42. Erinyes
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 4:21 am | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    Tar Kidho,

Haha, good one :) still, where is the Stark info coming from?

@HBO_UK twitter feed ;)

43. Adam
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 5:08 am | Permalink

Covent Garden! Covent!

(As an American living in England I’ve heard locals gripe about tourists calling it Convent Garden or Convent Gardens so I just had to take advantage of the opportunity to turn the tables :D)

Posted March 4, 2013 at 5:47 am | Permalink

Adam,

Thanks, fixed :) It was a copy&paste-with-no-revision problem.

45. Nancy
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 7:28 am | Permalink

And the guest of honor is Isaac Hempstead Wright. What a cutie pie! I was wrong about the younglings

46. mariamb18
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Nancy:
    And the guest of honor is Isaac Hempstead Wright.What a cutie pie!I was wrong about the younglings

My son is studying in London. He went to one of the food truck stops and met Bran. Says that he was very nice. I will forward a photo a bit later.

47. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Interview with Isaac Hempstead-Wright (his voice really has changed, which is not a surprise)

48. Benjamin Wakefield
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Here I am http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541055_10151467399089476_363523093_n.jpg also I tried to hodoring into the mic but those directional microphones do their job ):

49. Ashley England
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

West End Ted,

Great Pic! Thanks for picking me up an oyster card case, that’s gonna be a nice souvenir! Any other good pics?

50. EvilPicnic
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

I grabbed a few pics from the Finsbury Circus stop, the only one I could get to after work. It was a long queue (the first picture is from about halfway along) but a brother of the Night’s Watch came up the line with some trout for those of us who were starving! Made it to the van and had a lemoncake. No Isaac unfortunately, but it was turning into a pretty chilly London evening by then so I don’t blame him for not hanging around.

51. West End ted
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Melisandre keeping and eye on the queue today in London.

52. Katrine
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

hope that works, i’m not very good at this sort of thing.

Also the lemon cakes were very good =)

53. Vimax Diet
    Posted July 1, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

I am curious to find out what blog system you’re using? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest
    website and I would like to find something more
    safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?