Season 1 and 2 recapped in 10 minutes
By Winter Is Coming on in Media.

HBO has released a Season 1 and 2 Recap video which sums up the first two seasons of Game of Thrones in 10 minutes. If you need a quick refresher, here it is.

In addition, HBO has launched a cool, new section to their Viewers Guide which gets you up to speed on the events in Season 2.

Winter Is Coming: Quick recaps are nice and all, but I plan to start my full S2 rewatch tonight while enjoying the Iron Throne Blonde Ale I just received.

1. MedievalFantasy
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Awesome, glad to see more news popping up on the site.

2. Jboxtownd
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

I want that ale!

3. Yago
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

I started my rewatch nearly a week ago. Going to watch s1e6 now!

4. kvothe
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

i want ale

5. Obosi
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Lame. Just release a new trailer already!!!

6. Robbet
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

The recaps are really well done. Nevertheless I’m rewatching season 2, and perhaps season 1, before the premiere.

7. Deadclever
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Watched both seasons 5 times, read the books twice, all I want to know is HBO’s plan once it takes GRRM 15 years to finish the series – if he lives that long

8. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know if we will be getting another trailer before the end of the month? I loved the trailers that have been released so far but there seemed to be a lot more last year?

9. ebevan91
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

WheelofIceandFire:

Plus we had quite a few character videos and production videos. We haven’t had much of anything this time around. But I bet they’ll start flooding in soon.

10. Mrs. H'ghar
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Oh naughty WiC, flaunting your preview beer! Enjoy it! A woman doesn’t drink that stuff anyway, LOLz. Now if they made GoT Diet Root Beer…

Thanks for linking to this excellent video though!

11. Nic
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

ebevan91: Last year we got a trailer almost every week for about a month and a half before the premiere. “Shadow”, “Seven Devils”, “Price for Our Sins”, “Power and Grace”, “The More You Love”, and I think there was one more.

I’m not sure they need a whole heap of promo videos. There’s enough hype already for season 3. 20m views on YouTube for the trailer tells you all you need to know – people are excited. In terms of promo material, the “less is more” approach has worked.

12. gisizzlah
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Since it would be easter weekend i would be doing my re-watch then… if only i could get my bf into the show….

13. Yago
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

gisizzlah,

Tell him there’s a lot of nudity, he’ll like that!

14. Pamoya
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Anyone notice a different line in the recap? In the show, when Eddard says goodbye to Jon as he’s riding up to the wall, Eddard says “You may not have my name, but you have my blood.” In this recap, he says, “You may not have my name, but you are a Stark.” Or am I crazy? Not that it matters much either way.

15. GerB40
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

The video this time next year is gonna be sooo different…

16. WildSeed
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

I keep hearing Ned say to Jon, ” when I return, we’ll speak about your mother “.

17. Arthur
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Come on man… Come on!!!

Where are the “Pledge Your Allegiance” promos?

Call the banners! March 31st is coming!!!!!

I want to declare myself a soldier for House Stark!

Can’t HBO do these again? I want to get amped up!!!

18. ebevan91
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Arthur:
    Come on man… Come on!!!

Where are the “Pledge Your Allegiance” promos?

Call the banners! March 31st is coming!!!!!

I want to declare myself a soldier for House Stark!

Can’t HBO do these again?I want to get amped up!!!

I do want a House Martell video once they join the Game in season 4. Maybe a House Tyrell video if they include Loras/Margaery’s brothers.

19. Wrath of the Gods
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

Pamoya,

The exact line he uses is “and you are a Stark. You might not have my name, but you have my blood.”

Guess I’ll start calling the listed sellers in my area tommorrow. Need that ale!

20. Kelly
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

Sick

21. PrinceTheon
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

Am I the only one who noticed the Ommegang logo is basically exactly like the sigil of House Lannister?

22. Jen
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:37 am | Permalink

I”m sad b/c this recap makes Theon super unsympathetic :(

23. Stauncho
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:51 am | Permalink

Anyone else notice they changed the line Ned says to Jon when they part ways?

24. Book Nazi
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 3:13 am | Permalink

Recaps are nice and all but i re-watched the full season 1 and 2 this past weekend and the show gets better with each viewing. Of course now making the wait for season 3 that much harder…

25. Ruud
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Awesome music! Bits of the new soundtrack maybe?

26. katana
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 6:39 am | Permalink

Watched each episode multiple times when they aired. Rewatched season 1 before season 2. And yet I still can’t wait to do it all again. *Grins*

27. Scott Bedford
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I cant get enough thrones….I have simply become a puddle of a mess waiting for this new season. and the sad part is…like many true fans could relate, the desire for Winds of Winter far outweighs my anticipation for Season 3…..Who knows how long we will wait for that?

28. Juego de tronos
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Very well for the HBO with this recap and the other for the season Two.

29. Braincandy
    Posted March 14, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Nice recap! Makes me want to rewatch both seasons!

30. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 4:45 am | Permalink

Nic,

I agree. This whole less is more thing has driven every one into a frenzy. Every scrap of info that is released is getting torn to shreds by fans hungry for any Thrones news.

Expect S03E01 to be the highest viewed, DVR’d AND downloaded episode of GOT yet.