Synopses of episodes 302 – 305 revealed
By Winter Is Coming on in Rumors, Speculation.

SpoilerTV has leaked the synopses for the second and third episodes of season 3 of Game of Thrones. We’ve hidden them after the break, since they could be considered spoilers.

UPDATE: Darquemode has provided the leaked synopses for eps 304 and 305 as well.

Episode 3.02 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
Sansa says too much; Shae asks Tyrion for a favor; Jaime finds a way to pass the time; Arya encounters the Brotherhood Without Banners.

Episode 3.03 – Walk of Punishment
Tyrion gains new responsibilities; Jon is taken to the Fist of the First Men; Daenerys meets with the slavers; Jaime strikes a deal with his captors.

Episode 3.04 – And Now His Watch Is Ended
The Night’s Watch takes stock; Varys meets his better; Arya is taken to the commander of the Brotherhood; Daenerys makes an exchange.

Episode 3.05 – Kissed by Fire
The Hound is judged by the gods; Jaime is judged; Jon proves himself; Robb is betrayed; Tyrion learns the cost of weddings.

Winter Is Coming: It looks like they moved Arya’s introduction to the Brotherhood back an episode as an earlier leak had that bit in episode one. What do you make of the rest of these described scenes and what it all means for the pacing of season 3? Keep in mind that these synopses are not exhaustive and only list some of what you can expect to see in a given episode. With that said, feel free to speculate away in the comments!

1. Dave
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:19 am | Permalink

All looks good to me considering they are obviously leaving spoiler stuff out.

2. Kell
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:22 am | Permalink

“Jaime strikes a deal with his captors.” < Is this before or after the hand situation ?

Because I do remember a deal with Roose but that’s after the aforementioned situation. And I can’t remember of any deal before that… Well… Jaime tried to make a deal… but was rebuked.

3. Yago
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Jaime/Roose conversation in episode 3. Nice. Tyrion becoming master of coin?

And what’s Jaime’s way to pass the time? :o

4. Mish
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Sansa says too much;

Reveals the Tyrell plan to marry her to “Wyllas” (which I think might just be changed to Loras for the show), allows Lannisters to set up Tyrion/Sansa marriage

Tyrion gains new responsibilities

Named master of coin and/or marriage to Sansa is revealed

I have NO idea what “Jaime finds a way to pass the time” could be other than toy with Brienne.

5. Joan Català
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Sansa says too much – Dinner with the Queen of Thorns? She admits Joffrey is a royal prick?
    Tyrion gains new responsibilities – Master of Coin?
    Jaime finds a way to pass time – He fights Brienne? (the fact that on the next episode he already has captors could suggest that they are captured right after their fight, just as it happens in the books.

6. Arnel
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I wonder how Jaime passes the time exactly…

7. Kell
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Yago:
    And what’s Jaime’s way to pass the time? :o

Being a huge dick towards Brienne, no ?

8. Dave
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

I wonder if striking a deal refers to Jamie standing up for Brienne. Also I don’t recall Tyrion “gaining responsibility” other than marrying Sansa, which isn’t really “responsibility”. Ah well, I like being surprised.

9. Kell
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Dave,

Tyrion will be named Master of Coins… much to his displeasure.

10. Ser Tahu
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

‘Jon is taken to the Fist of the First Men’
    Well, there goes my hope that ‘And Now His Watch is Ended’ referred to the devastation/dead watchmen at the fist.

11. oierem
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:28 am | Permalink

which means that in episode 3 Littlefinger is gone from KL… What will he do in the rest of the episodes?

12. Arnel
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Mish,

About Sansa: That makes sense, Explains why Loras didn’t ask to be in the Kingsguard. Would work better for the audience when its ripped away

13. Hounded
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Nah that will be the mutiny at Craster’s and the death of Commander Mormont.

14. Mish
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

oierem,

I think LF will marry Lysa Arryn this season, as both her and Robyn have shot scense for this season.

15. Rhaegar
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

We haven’t heard much about Robb and Cat yet! When do you guys say they should introdue their story?? It shouldn’t be later than episode 3..

The Sansa says too much is definitely the tea with the Queen of Thornes and Margery where she confess about Joffrey, such an epic scene!! And Jaimie strikes a deal…hmmmm it sound like someone is losing a hand!

16. lullaby
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

ahaha love “Jaime finds a way to pass time” aka driving Brienne nuts xD As for the deal the next episode, dunno what that can be except maybe the saphires bit to avoid her being raped ? but that’s not really a ‘deal’…

17. ACVG
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

what the heck is the favor Shae asks Tyrion for???
    are they going to “grey” her character a little more they were a little too lovey dovey for my taste in S2

18. Mish
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Arnel,

Agreed, also once the Loras/Sansa marriage falls thru, Loras is free to take the black anyways. They can still play with Sansa’s love of the classic hero/knight that is Loras, with the irony of him being gay.

19. Hounded
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Hmm Sansa says too much…

In the book she tells Dontos of the Tyrell plot to marry her to Wyllas and Dontos informs to Littlefinger who in turn tells the Lannisters. I guess in the show they will cut out the middle-man and have Sansa tells Littlefinger. Silly girl!

20. Alan
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I think people’s guesses are generally way too fast paced.

For example, I think the only big plot point listed here is Jaime losing his hand at the end of episode three. I believe he offers them a deal, but they are unreceptive, right? Otherwise, Sansa’s is likely just telling Olenna/Marg the truth about Joff (how is she supposed to spill about Loras/Willas when it’s unlikely that’s even an option in Episode 2)? I mean, I suppose Tyrion’s new responsibility could be Sansa, i.e., knowing he is going to marry her, but man, that seems fast.

I like that Jon is going to pass the fist. Did that happen in the book?

21. D'Arcy
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:35 am | Permalink

Could they be more vague? Gotta love it, though.

22. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Winter, were you drunk when you posted this? The spelling and general use of the English language is appalling. I can hardly understand some of it!

23. Omar Brown
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:38 am | Permalink

Seems the pacing is slowed down, a great thing , truly. No need to fit an entire book in one season allows them to focus on characters and not trying to reach a scene qouta.

24. gisizzlah
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:38 am | Permalink

Im glad that they establish the brotherhood early on… a few of my non-reader friends didnt catch on when it was mentioned in S2.

happy that ‘Slaver’s Bay’ is gonna be early too…

25. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Sansa saying too much will be the dinner with the Queen of Thorns, I was actually expecting that in episode 3 but whatever
    Shae asking Tyrion a favour will probably be about the singer Symon, I’m glad they put that story onto TV, it means something will be happening in King’s Landing!
    Jaime passing the time will be going to the inn of the kneeling man I expect, and Arya will meet the Brotherhood without banners there later in the episode!
    Tyrion’s new responsibility will be him being made master of coin, I didn’t expect that so early too! I thought that would be in episode 4
    Jon being taken to the Fist of the First Men will be when Mance is suspicious of him, because he didn’t give the right number when he spoke about how many men in the Night’s Watch or something, and then in the next episode I’m guessing there’ll be a whole ordeal about him lying to him, and then Ygritte’ll say they’re lovers, I’m guessing he’ll see Mance’s army in this episode too
    Daenerys meeting with the slavers is exactly where I expected it to be, it seems that storyline isn’t rushing ahead like in King’s Landing, maybe this means Joffrey’s wedding might happen :o
    Jaime ‘striking a deal with his captors’ is happening WAY too early too! I expected that in like episode 5! Maybe this means he’ll be at King’s Landing by the end of the season for…. Joffrey’s wedding, all signs are pointing in this direction and I’m not sure whether I like it or not

So far there’s been nothing in any of these synopses about Catelyn & Robb, or Theon’s fate – I know that doesn’t mean nothing will happen, just interesting to see how much importance they’ve placed on the stories in King’s Landing in the synopses when in the first half of Storm of Swords, nothing of much importance does really happen there.

26. Yago
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Kell: Being a huge dick towards Brienne, no ?

Well, he already was last season…

27. sunspear
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Dave,

Oh yeah, the sapphire’s lie would make sense. I have to say, they seem to be moving through Jaime’s arc a lot faster than I would have expected them to. I’m starting to think the people who thought he might get to King’s Landing before the Purple Wedding are right.

28. Turncloak
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Here I am to help u guys out :):

Sansa says to much: calls Joff a monster to the queen if thorns or tells ser Dontos about her plan to marry a Tyrell or maybe both!
    Jaime finds a way to pass the time: by fighting Brienne obviously
    Tyrion gains new responsibilities: he’s made master of coin. This doesn’t mean that LF has to leave right away though.
    Jaime strikes a deal with his captors: this is obviously jaime offering Locke Tywin’s pardon or gold if he frees him. To answer the request Locke takes Jaime’s hand
    Dany meets the slavers: Dany meets the unsullied in Astopor. Meaning that an episode 4 we are likely to have the dracarys scene like I thought!

29. Katrine
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Jaime passing the time will be fighting Brienne methinks and striking a deal will be the whole incident with his hand we kinda know this from what has already been leaked

Wasn’t Tyrion made master of coin which would be new responsibilities and if Sansa has said too much then the possibility that he knows who his future wife will be

30. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

I don’t think the Dracarys scene will be in Episode 4, I’m expecting that in episode 6 and her arc to be

Episode 1- Meeting Arstan at the docks, buying the boats
    Episode 2- On the way to Astapor, Daenerys speaking to Arstan about Rhaegar Targaryen, the kiss scene with Jorah
    Episode 3- Arrival at Astapor, meeting with the master slaver to talk about Unsullied
    Episode 4- Conversations with Jorah and Arstan about whether to buy the Unsullied
    Episode 5- Another meeting with the Master Slaver, offering Drogon for 8000 Unsullied
    Episode 6- Jorah talks to Daenerys about her deal – the quote about Rhaegar being honorable and dying, dracarys in the last scene
    Episode 7- Travelling to Yunkai
    Episode 8- Arrival at Yunkai, meeting with the Sellsword captains
    Episode 9- No appearance, focusing on Catelyn & Robb and stuff
    Episode 10- The battle at Yunkai and Mysha scene

31. Card of Doom
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Any info on what they are going to do with Theon this season? In the books he wasn’t even mentioned until he popped back up as Reek

32. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:54 am | Permalink

With Theon I think they could either do all the flashback sequences with Kyra he thinks about or the scenes in A Dance With Dragons up to his meeting with the Ironmen at Moat Caitlin, and just slow his story down through to Season 6 while everything catches up – something that can be done

33. SerKenjiGerrard
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I still can’t get over how awesome the title for episode 2 is…and, oh my gosh… 16 days…

34. Dave
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:58 am | Permalink

sunspear,

Agreed. I don’t think him being at the PW would be the worst thing, but I don’t understand how they are going to have him around for the Tyrion stuff after.

Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Matt:

Huh?

36. Tom O' Sevens
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Matt:
    Turncloak,

Episode 1- Meeting Arstan at the docks, buying the boats
    Episode 7- Travelling to Yunkai
    Episode 8- Arrival at Yunkai, meeting with the Sellsword captains
    Episode 9- No appearance, focusing on Catelyn & Robb and stuff
    Episode 10- The battle at Yunkai and Mysha scene

I don’t think they will move that slow with Dany this season. We will see once we get the episode 4 synopsis. The Latest the dracarys scene will be is episode 5 as it is aptly named “Kissed by fire”

37. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Matt,

The PW “clues” are getting more and more farfetched as the days go by.

38. Daemon
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

zod,

Whether or not the PW will happen or not this season is an extremely tired discussion, but I think it’s fair to speculate whether or not Jaime will be present. (He could arrive in KL towards the end of the season without the wedding happening yet, for example.

39. Mormegil
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

She could still meet some of them in Ep1 and then a larger group in Ep2, didn’t it happen that way in the book, she only met three of them to start of with IIRC.

40. Amarien
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Arya encounters the Brotherhood; Jamie finds a way to pass the time.

Looks as though we may get that moment in episode two where in aSoS Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie JUST MISS Jamie and Brienne at the Inn of the Kneeling Man.

41. James Williams
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Kell,

thaphiersthssssssss

42. Tom O' Sevens
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Amarien,

I hope so! I think they will skip that scene though :/. From the trailer it looks like Arya meets the brotherhood in the wood and not the inn

43. Perkins
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

I think Mish nailed it about LF.

44. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Daemon,

I have nothing against that.

I was just referring to this actually:

45. siberia82
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:51 am | Permalink

once the Loras/Sansa marriage falls thru, Loras is free to take the black

Sorry to nitpick, but Loras never joins the Night’s Watch. ;)

46. ebevan91
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

siberia82: Sorry to nitpick, but Loras never joins the Night’s Watch. ;)

I think he meant take the white, if it’s even called that. I know the KG wears white cloaks.

47. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Tom O’ Sevens,

True, but it was revealed that Mero of Braavos won’t appear until episode 8, and the last episode of the season will be called ‘Mhysa’ which gives a clear picture of what will happen in that episode, and I doubt they will spend half of the season at Yunkai, as the events there make up one chapter of the Storm of Swords book, and the Astapor events make up 2 chapters. It would only be logical to have the first Daenerys chapter plot over episode 1+2, the second and third over 3,4,5+6 and even then it would leave the fourth to really stretch over the last four episodes. I think episode 5 is called kissed by fire in reference to Ygritte + Jon’s scene in the cave and the scene with Beric Dondarrion and his flaming sword – not the Dracarys scene – we haven’t been given the name of episode 6 yet but my guess is that it’ll allude to this scene. Also they will need time to develop the new characters – Daario, Missandei, Arstan etc. before they do something dramatic like the Dracarys scene – that’s what they’ve done so far in seasons 1 and 2.

I guess all we can do is wait for the episode 4 synopsis though.

48. Amarien
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Tom O’ Sevens,

Doesn’t the Brotherhood take Arya to the Inn shortly after capturing her in the forest? After Brienne and Jamie move on?

49. Dragen
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Tom O’ Sevens

“Kissed by fire” has nothing to do with dragons. The wildlings call redhead’s “Kissed by fire” so it about Ygritte, maybe even the cave scene and the Lords kiss…

50. Matt
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 11:55 am | Permalink

zod,

I guess nobody knows whether the PW will be this season, that’s why there’ll always be speculation about it until June I’m afraid! I didn’t think it would be happening, but now I’m actually leaning more towards it happening from recent news

51. Valdred Dethstorm
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

I don’t know why people keep insisting on the PW happening this season.
    It won’t. It would feel rushed. Moving it to season 4 is the right way to go.
    Besides, didn’t Aidan Gillen say that he’ll have a ship or boat (something like that) on S4?
    So there you go.

52. dizzy
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Well episode 1 screens tonight. So I assume we’ll get some write ups about what Arya does for the first episode.

53. Amarien
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

dizzy,

In the synopses for “Valar Dohaeris”, Arya is not mentioned, doesn’t mean she wont appear in the episode but she is not mentioned in the synopses and that is not the first time we haven’t seen a major character appear in a episode if that is true, just like with “The North Remembers” she finally made an appearance in the final ten seconds of the episode…

54. Juego de tronos
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

16 days!!!! =D

55. The_Wanderer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

If they change Sansa’s potential marriage partner from Wyllas to Loras, wouldn’t Loras’s duty as a Kingsguard be violated. Maybe in the show they switch it to Loras, to make the Tyrell’s look more arrogant and power hungry.

56. ebevan91
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

The_Wanderer:
    If they change Sansa’s potential marriage partner from Wyllas to Loras, wouldn’tLoras’s duty as a Kingsguard be violated.Maybe in the show they switch it to Loras,to make the Tyrell’s look more arrogant and power hungry.

Loras will probably be forced to join the Kingsguard by Tywin.

57. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

ebevan91,

That does provide some symetry…
    Aerys had Jaime join the Kingsguard in part to spite Tywin (Jaime and Cesei too I guess) and Tywin could do it to spite the Tyrells.

Personally I like the dynamics in the book more…..

58. Greg
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Dave,

If Jaime makes it to King’s Landing before Joff dies, then Brienne makes it to KL while Sansa’s still there, so she’ll want to keep her safe, effectively eliminating most of her story in Book 4.

59. grabbo
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Valdred Dethstorm:

I don’t know why people keep insisting on the PW happening this season.
    It won’t. It would feel rushed. Moving it to season 4 is the right way to go.
    So there you go.

If it is the last scene of the season finale, the aftermath, including Sansa’s escape and everything concerning it would be shown in season 4. Just saying.

60. grabbo
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

ebevan91,

He doesn’t even need to force him. Loras’ could be very unhappy with the idea of marrying a woman and some manipulative talk from some other character could plant the idea in his head to join the Kingsguard against his family’s wishes.

61. grabbo
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

grabbo,

Damn, I wanted to spoiler that.

62. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

dizzy: Well episode 1 screens tonight.

You sure about that? :o

63. The Dragon Demands
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    ‘Jon is taken to the Fist of the First Men’

Actually, I assumed that much as in the books, we’ll see flashbacks from Sam’s perspective in a later episode.

64. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

The Dragon Demands,

Those kinds of flashbacks wouldn’t work too well on TV, IMO.

65. ArSa
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Arya could still appear on episode one. They might just include a few scenes of Arya with just Hot Pie and Gendry before throwing them in with a bunch of other characters. (Ive just seen IMDB and Maisie Williams has appeared in 19 episodes, more than anyone besides Lena Heady and Peter Dinklage who both appeared in Blackwater, so i could see her appearing in all episodes this year)
    And i really hope we see someone from the brotherhood recognise Arya and have an episode end with him telling the others and bending the knee to her :)

66. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

It wouldn’t be a season 3 thread without someone insisting that this new piece of info means the PW is happening this season. :)

Turncloak,

This is correct.

67. Cary Storm
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

It wouldn’t be a season 3 thread without someone insisting that this new piece of info means the PW isn’t happening this season. :)

68. Joan Català
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

The Dragon Demands,

There was a Making Of post in HBO’s blog about how they had set fire to a stuntman in Iceland, they referred to it as THE scene, so I think we will have the Battle of the Fist. I suppose the stuntman wold be playing a wight, since fire is the only thing that works for them. Maybe we’ll just have snippets for a flashback or maybe a whole opening scene for the third season (it’d be cool to start just where we let off).

69. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm,

I wasn’t able to glean anything new from any of this, and I didn’t pretend to. My opinion on the issue was established when it was revealed that they were splitting ASOS over two seasons. It was strengthened when I learned Sansa and Tyrion’s wedding would be in episode 8 and the RW would be in episode 9. Couple that with the fact that they failed to cast Mace Tyrell and Oberyn Martell and it really was quite obvious to me. Also, every other major event from season 3 has been leaked. Had the most hated character in the series died, we would have heard so by now, IMO.

I know you were joking around, and I hear you. So, touché.

70. siberia82
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

TV!Loras isn’t part of the KG yet; I was expecting to see him don the white cloak in the Season 2 finale, but that never happened. I’m pretty sure that writers did this on purpose so that he could be betrothed to Sansa. Near the end of the throne room scene in “Valar Morghulis”, Loras glances up at Sansa with a slightly irritated expression on his face; he knows that his family is planning to marry him to the Stark girl, and he’s not at all happy about it.

71. The_Wanderer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Mixing up the show with the books again. Then Sansa and Loras will definitely be an item in this season

72. siberia82
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Loras will probably be forced to join the Kingsguard by Tywin.

If any of these scenarios occur on the show, it will most likely take place in Season 4 because Finn Jones recently revealed in an interview that he doesn’t wear armour in Season 3.

73. Dan
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Amarien,

I am not sure what you mean:

“Valar Dohaeris” is the first episode of the third season of Game of Thrones. It is the twenty-first episode of the series overall.

Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward, Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out, and Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Arya runs into the Brotherhood Without Banners. Dany sails into Slaver’s Bay.

74. GG
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

OK so if Dany doesn’ meet the Slavers til ep 3, what is she doing for the first 2 eps? And it’s strange how there’s no mention of Theon considering we all thought the title of the 3rd ep was in reference to him. Not really sure what WoP refers to now. Unless they’re changing the scene from the books where Kraznys hacks off that Unsullied’s nipple and making it more graphic or something.

75. Kell
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

GG,

She has to meet Arstan (and unfortunately Not meeting SB), avoid an assassination attempt, find a boat, travel to Astapor, be forcefully kissed by Jorah, be pissed at Jorah, marvel at the beauty of her flying babies, discuss with Arstan. Surely enough to fill in two episodes which are already stacked with things happening all over Westeros.

76. Zack
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

I have to wonder what the synopsis for episode 30 is going to be, especially if it’s revealed ahead of time.

77. Amarien
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Dan,

Where did you get that synopses from? Because the synopses I was referring to in my previous comment was straight from HBO.com, where in which it reads as follows..

“Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.”

There is no mention of Arya?

Also, see WiC’s post about it here http://winteriscoming.net/2013/03/hbo-release-confirms-season-3-premiere-title-and-synopsis/#more-23674 which reads exactly like HBO.com..

78. kanjisheik
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

When will the Season 3 reviews start appearing?

79. Jentario
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Amarien:
    Arya encounters the Brotherhood; Jamie finds a way to pass the time.

I really hope so. It truly pissed me off when I read it lol

80. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Synopses for Episodes 3×04 and 3×05:

Episode 3.04 – And Now His Watch Is Ended

Episode 3.05 – Kissed by Fire

81. Tom O' Sevens
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Dragen: Tom O’ Sevens

Yes I know but that title could be used as a play on words. Kissed by fire as in kissed by a red head and kissed by fire as in kissed by actual fire. Writers love this kind of stuff

82. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks Darquemode.

OK, so Dracarys is episode 4, I guess.

83. Nezzer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Robb betrayed in episode 5? Maybe it’s that thing they said about Edmure revealing Robb’s plans to someone he shouldn’t? Any other ideas?

84. D'Arcy
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

zod,

Episode 10 is titled “Mhysa”, and we are predicting that it will be that episode that is Dracarys.

Meanwhile, Tyrion learns the cost of weddings? So vague!

85. Watson
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Awesome. I knew Kissed By Fire would be a double meaning. But who is Varys’ better?

86. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

D’Arcy,

You’re confused. Mhysa has nothing to do with Dracarys.

87. Perkins
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Thank you darquemode!

88. Nezzer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

D’Arcy:
    zod,

Meanwhile, Tyrion learns the cost of weddings? So vague!

No, “Dracarys” in the book is much earlier than “Mhysa”.

89. Mish
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

My bad from my last post, I meant Loras joins the Kingsguard, not that he takes the black. Hopefullly enough caught my meaning

90. Villane
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

That would be when Lord Karstark butchers some Lannister squires and Robb shortens him by a head

91. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

Watson,

Yeah , I would not be surprised at all for Kissed by Fire to have multiple meanings including Ygritte, The Hound v Beric and Dracarys…. Varys’s better must be Littlefinger right? Maybe anew scene ?

Perkins,

I just passed on the info and am not the source. … but you’re welcome.

92. Nezzer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Villane,

Yeah, how could I forget about that? Thanks for reminding me. So Lord Karstark is having his head shortened in episode 5. Nice 8)

93. Michel
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

I’m curious about that Varys stuff..

Episode 5 will be very intense, if I understood the sinopsys right! The Hound vs. Beric, Jaime losing his hand , Robb and the Karstarks, Tyrion and Sansa wedding, and Jon and Ygritte in the cave

94. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Michel,

Wasn’t Tyrion’s wedding supposed to be later? Maybe Tyrion learns of his engagement from Tywin in this episode, but it happens a couple episdes later….

95. ataplata
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Varys meets his better? Bah I’m so baffled by this one!

96. Michel
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Yeah, it’s make senses! It was just my excitment talking

97. Turri
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Pacing is faster than I would have expected. Seems like they will have a lot of time to go into detail in the second half of the season.

98. ebevan91
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Michel:
    I’m curious about that Varys stuff..

Episode 5 will be very intense, if I understood the sinopsys right! The Hound vs. Beric, Jaime losing his hand , Robb and the Karstarks, Tyrion and Sansa wedding,and Jon and Ygritte in the cave

That episode, if done well, might be my favorite of the series so far.

99. caroh
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Oh my, the hound is judged by the gods!!! Aaa what an epic fight that will be x)

100. Watson
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

The cost of weddings might actually be literal. Tyrion is master of coin and Joffrey’s wedding, with its seventy-seven courses and such, is going to be pretty expensive. There was plenty of discussion of the preparations in the book.

101. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Tyrion learns the cost of weddings

It may be about an unhappy Shae. They have to set up her future betrayal, since TV!Shae seems to really have some feelings for Tyrion.

102. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Watson,

Yes, this is my thinking too. And it is actually the first bit of info that could make me consider that the PW may happen this season, but I still feel it won’t.

103. Fay
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

“Jaime is judged” is probably his confession to Brienne at the Harrenhal bath since he loose his hand in ep 3 or so. He’s finally ‘judged’ for his most famous act.

104. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Im suprised to see that Bran and Stannis havent been mentioned in any of these. Im sure there are other main characters that i have forgotten that havent been mentioned but those two play big parts. Bran has new characters added to his story this year so i was expecting to see some mention of Bran meeting ‘strangers’ or something.
    And i really hope they feature Arya a lot this season. She was my fave part of the third book (with the brotherhood and the hound) and Maisie Williams is just amazing so i hope we get a few scenes per episode with her. I really want to see the scene where they bend the knee to her, and hope she has a few one on one scnes with Beric similar to last season with Yoren.

105. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Watson,

I like that!
    Also I guess it may refer to a more personal cost to Tyrion if Shae acts out in some way…..

106. zod
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Argh, no! Don’t join them! ;D

107. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I can’t imagine Jaime losing his hand in episode 5 and the bear pit scene being in episode 7. Either he loses his hand in episode 3 and the bear pit scene is in episode 7 or he loses it in episode 5 and the bear pit scene is in the finale, as most of us originally though it would be.

108. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

zod,

NEVER!

109. Ivory
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Episode Five: Lordskisslordskisslordskiss

Crying.

110. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I had suspected the bear pit would be Jaime’s finale for the season. After that nothing else of note in the books as I recall… until he arrives back in KL and.If the bear pi is in Episode 7 would that mean we do not see Jaime after that episode?

Seems unlikely to me, but with so much going on in the Riverlands, beyond the Wall and elsewhere…. maybe that is his last Season 3 appearance.

111. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

I think Jaime will be in at least 6 or 7 of the first 8 episodes and probably the finale. So he should appear in 7 or 8 episodes this season. If the bear pit scene is in episode 7 then I believe he wouldn’t appear again until the finale, where we could see the aftermath, with Brienne being treated and them preparing to head for KL as they foreshadow his arrival in S4.

112. WildSeed
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Nezzer:
    Villane,

I’m relieved if the betrayal points to this only. With the ambitious pace of character introductions and events, I considered the Karstark scene omitted. Thankfully,
    it would appear that the Frey wedding happens much later. Still, sad events follow
    Robb and the Northmen from here on .

113. Nezzer
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

WildSeed: I’m relieved if the betrayal points to this only. With the ambitious pace of character introductions and events, I considered the Karstark sceneomitted. Thankfully,
    Robb and the Northmen from here on .

Don’t worry, Villane is right. In one of the making of videos there was a scene of Robb and Karstark discussing vengeance, so it’s in.

114. mariamb18
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Darquemode,

Agree. I like that as Jaime’s arc in S3. Foreshadowing his return to KL as a different man and soon to face some challenging family situations.

Count me among those who are curious about the “Varys meets his better” mention. “Meets” as in “for the first time”? Or “better” meaning someone who out-maneuvered him? Littlefinger? Queen of Thorns?

115. Turncloak
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Looks like I was right about Dracarys being in episode 4. TOLD YOU SO!

116. MyBFFTheHound
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Oooh, Varys meets his better being QoT is an exciting idea.

117. Turncloak
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I was also right about “Kissed by Fire” being a play on words. Looks like the Hound will be ready to rumble ;)

118. Boyintree
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

It would be awesome see Jaime and Brienne going to KL in thee 7th episode along with ‘Bear and the Maiden Fair’, and the next time only in 4th season. Righteous farewell. Maybe they appear in season finale just arriving and knowing about PW, and talking about RW. Poor Brienne. I’m suspecting that PW will be shown in 3th season and the final shot of ‘Mhysa’ should be Dany obvious scene, Cersei’s screams, and Nymeria carries Cat’s body out
    the river.

119. Greg
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

The fact that Gary Lightbody’s scenes were moved from ep 1 to 2, as was Arya meeting the Brotherhood, seems to indicate that Gary will be playing Tom o’ Sevens.

Glad he wasn’t cut. I always liked that character.

120. Turncloak
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

PW will not be in season 3.
    Doesn’t make sense logically: why would Mace Tyrell not be at his daughters wedding?
    Doesn’t make sense story wise: why would the Red Viper not be at the PW and ruin his season 4 storyline with Tyrion? Why would Penny not be at the PW?

121. Clinton
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

For Episode 3.04 – And Now His Watch Is Ended

I am guessing a certain somebody named Kraznys mo Nakloz is going to get his eyeballs melted in this episode. His “watch is ended,” right? I could also see them killing the Lord Commander early during this episode, more obviously…

122. Josh
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Every topic goes back to the same argument…grrgh!

EW has confirmed what the wedding at King’s Landing will be: It is Sansa and Tyrion’s wedding

Can this argument die now?

123. WildSeed
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

Thanks for the reply. I thought Karstark had his chance to voice this when S2
    Catelyn had Brienne scurry away with Jaime for the exchange. I understand
    better now. In a few weeks, everyone will be on the same page with onscreen
    views , anticipating the opportunity to critique the script :D

For a while all I could think about was the Fist of the First Men and Mance’s
    appearance with Jon, that’s been replaced with Edmure and Blackfish’s.
    The dramas are really unfolding this season, with sustained interest for
    season four. Darquemode and others scored high with the latest discreet finds.

124. Frey Pie
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Varys meets his better? Illyrio? Perhaps he’s the “old friend”?

125. Hounded
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Nezzer,

Rickard Karstark

126. Hounded
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

The only ones that confuse me are Jaime being judged and varys meeting his better… ??

127. Darquemode
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Looks like The_Spoiler_Fairy at SpoilerTV has a couple details to add to the Episode 3.04 and 3.05 synopses….

In episode 3.04, Daenerys exchanges a chain for a whip. In episode 3.05, the Hound is judged by the gods and Jaime is judged by men.

128. gecc1
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Varys meeting his better…

Queen of Thorns

129. HBO listen to me....
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Man, “Robb is betrayed”, episode 3.05… If doesn’t happen what MUST HAPPEN THERE, just because Robb is the popular guy with the illiterates that can read a book and only watch TV, I swear that HBO is going to feel the rage of all real ASOIAF fans in the world. I don’t care if GRRM is finally becoming a multimillionaire thanks to the illiterates. I WANT HBO TO RESPECT THE BOOKS AND FOLLOW THE PLOT! Not one inch should be given to the illiterates and their social network BS. GO READ THE DAMN BOOKS! TV IS GOING TO MAKE YOU STUPID! The episode should be called RED and not “kissed by fire…” The day that I will feel a big disturbance in the force like the cries of million illiterate-fanboys seeing their beloved wolves getting what they deserve…

130. Michel
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

HBO listen to me….,

LOL man, this is the Karstark betrayal, not the RW

131. The Bear
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

HBO listen to me….,

It’s not the RW. It’s going to be when he declares Rickard Karstark a traitor and beheads him, I bet.

132. Steven Swanson
    Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

ataplata:
    Varys meets his better? Bah I’m so baffled by this one!

That’s the one that I’m most intrigued by too. I’m guessing it might include Varys’ lines from the trailer.

133. Man With No Man
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 12:06 am | Permalink

I think that the “Bear and the Maiden Fair” actually refers to Mormont’s death (Sam will kill the Wight in 3) and Sansa learning of her marriage to Tyrion and having to lose her virginity to him instead of Loras. Someone said that the episode title isn’t as literal as everyone says it will be. The bear pit scene will probably be in episode 9 or 10. I suppose Jaime and Brienne could rest for the remainder of the season.

But I could be wrong…

134. GG
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 12:54 am | Permalink

Kell,

135. Mursk
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 2:56 am | Permalink

March has officially become the longest month in recorded history. Send forth the indigo ravens throughout the land!

136. Braincandy
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 3:50 am | Permalink

The Night’s Watch takes stock…lol!

137. Max
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 6:53 am | Permalink

I couldnʹt read all the comments but I think no one disscused the Varys meets his better! What or who that might be.

138. dragonreborn
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Max,

ctrl+f type varys

139. Door
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 8:36 am | Permalink

I wonder if this season they’re still going to have every character in every episode, or have a block storytelling-type of narrative i.e. focusing on some characters for an episode and others in the next, instead of mixing it up.

140. lonas
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Episode 5 oh dear..it will hurt. Its so nice that in a way everyone is going through the same”ish” sort of theme..

141. Lord Varys
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 9:00 am | Permalink

My guess is that ‘Varys meets his better’ refers to that Cyvasse game we have be seen in most of the trailers. In a version of Tyrion’s game with Haldon in ADwD Varys and Tyrion will play for the truth or something like that, and in the end Varys will lose and tell Tyrion the sad story how he was unmanned. This should have been in season 2, and I really think the show should start to explore Varys’ background.

Varys is absent during most parts of ASoS, he only appears in some of the Tyrion chapters, and I think we’ll get more than just a few invented Varys scenes in the next two seasons. They will continue to show us how Varys gradually alienates Tyrion from his family and/or takes advantage of how Tyrion’s family mistreats him….

142. Mormegil
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Lord Varys: refers to that Cyvasse game we have be seen in most of the trailers

They are probably pieces showing the position of various factions on a map, not game pieces as they represent the major Houses.

GG: True but, according to episode 1 synopsis, she sails into Slaver’s Bay in ep 1. So what’s she doing in ep 2?

Most likely the Assassination atempt and meeting Arstan has been moved from the Docks of Qarth to the Docks of Astapor. We know the show has Dany aquiring enough gold to buy a ship so there is no need for ships sent by Illyrio to meet her in Qarth.

143. Rhaegar
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Episode 4! Dany stealing the unsullied and goodbye to poor Lord Commander Mormont! So cool..

Kissed by the fire…hope they don’t show much nudity restrictions here, hottest scene since Dany+Drogo coming soon

144. Negan's Iron
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Matt,

Purple Wedding will be a season 4 thing. Book it.

145. Queenofthorns
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Daenerys makes an exchange.

Ugfjgfkjgfiyrdihgohkhfhhjhkvutd

146. Lord Varys
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Mormegil,

‘Varys meets his better’ could refer to him losing an actual game. That would make sense insofar as those synopses often have a sarcastic undertone. ‘Dany makes an exchange’, yes, a very bloody exchange, ‘Jon proves himself’ referring to Jon actually submitting to Ygritte, and so on.

That said, I’d be very surprised if Varys background would not be explored in season 3. His ‘It has been a long time, my old friend’ may actually indicate that Illyrio is going to make another visit to King’s Landing…

147. Darquemode
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Lord Varys,

I would love to see more of Vrys’s background explored too!
    Let’s hope it happens!

This was added later at SpTV…
    “Daenerys exchanges a chain for a whip…”

148. Negan's Iron
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

HBO listen to me….,

Lol so that’s what D&D meant when they described the so-called “fundamentalists”… dude chill.

149. Y
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

HBO listen to me….,

Wow. You sound like a major douche bag. Just because people prefer to watch the TV show doesn’t mean they never read anything. And for someone who thinks TV makes you stupid, why are you watching the show anyway. Heck, why so you even own a TV?

150. John
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Interesting that Episode 5 apparently features both my favorite scene in the entire book (The Hound v. Beric Dondarrion–which is one of the five best chapters in the entire series) and my least favorite (the cave scene with Jon and Ygritte–sorry, but I never cared for their “relationship” one iota).

151. Jentario
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Cary Storm,

I wasn’t able to glean anything new from any of this, and I didn’t pretend to.My opinion on the issue was established when it was revealed that they were splitting ASOS over two seasons. It was strengthened when I learnedSansa and Tyrion’s wedding would be in episode 8 and the RW would be in episode 9. Couple that with the fact thatthey failed to cast Mace Tyrell and Oberyn Martell andit really was quite obvious to me. Also, every other major event from season 3 has been leaked. Had the most hated character in the series died, we would have heard so by now, IMO.

I know you were joking around, and I hear you. So, touché.

Time will tell.

152. Jentario
    Posted March 16, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Darquemode: Varys meets his better? Bah I’m

I think it literally means that Tyrion learns the cost of weddings. Remember how he was baffled at the PW expenses early in the book?

153. Jaime Saltcliffe
    Posted March 17, 2013 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

HBO listen to me….,

You like the word illiterate a little too much. Work on the grammar in your fan fiction

154. Starkfell91
    Posted April 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

ataplata,

Qyburn? Doesn’t he become the next Master of Whispers?

155. Starkfell91
    Posted April 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

gecc1,

Qyburn?

1. [...] UPDATE:  Two more have leaked (via Winter is Coming): [...]

2. [...] If Gary’s playing who most people think he’s playing on Game of Thrones, then it looks like his scene might’ve been bumped to the second episode. A leaked synopsis says the Brotherhood Without Banners will be in episode 2 now rather than 1. No idea how trustworthy leaked synopses will be, especially since IMDB already has him listed in the first episode, but I figured I’d pipe up in case people get disappointed if he’s not in the first. I didn’t paste the synopses since there are minor spoilers, but they are here: http://winteriscoming.net/2013/03/synopses-of-episodes-302-and-303-revealed/ [...]