Yes, three years ago this month, in March 2010, Game of Thrones was greenlighted into a series, with HBO ordering the first season. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Three years later, we eagerly await to see the first episodes of Season Three. How time flies.
- Here is our post announcing the pick-up. At the same time we were treated to the first promo image (from the pilot shoot). David and Dan thanked the fans for support. Many critics and bloggers reacted to the news, as did GRRM himself.
- With the pick-up, the amount of GoT news was expected to grow, and Winter decided he needs some more help in running the site. That’s right, it has been three years since the Fabulous FaBio and yours truly, HmR, joined the WiC.net team.
- My first task was to write this weekend summary. It included several tidbits on the shooting locations, details of budgeting, and two interviews with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
- Bryan Cogman joined the team. Today we cannot imagine it without him.
- We fan cast the role of Tywin Lannister. Of course, Charles Dance was among the top picks, because that’s just how we roll.
- WiC was featured in a BBC news article, as the press was catching up with the growing excitement.
- We also caught a whiff of the imminent recast of the role of Dany for the first time.
- The production designer Gemma Jacskon signed up for a full season, Jane Espensons was added as a writer, and Michelle Fairley replaced Jennifer Ehle (from the pilot) in the role of Catelyn. We presented the new actor in this piece.
- GRRM weighed in on this change, and told us he started working on the script of his episode eight.