The North Remembers: Greenlight!
By Hear Me Roar on in Editorial.

WiCnet Alternate LogoYes, three years ago this month, in March 2010, Game of Thrones was greenlighted into a series, with HBO ordering the first season. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Three years later, we eagerly await to see the first episodes of Season Three. How time flies.

1. Yago
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Hodor.

2. Alex
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 7:17 am | Permalink

Game of Thrones – Season 3 – Inside the Wildlings

3. Blutrabe
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Is the unaired pilot available anywhere?

4. Wun Wun
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Lest than a week!!! *rolling on the floor*

5. Juego de tronos
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Blutrabe,

I want to know that too

Posted March 25, 2013 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Juego de tronos,

Nope. And it likely never will be …

7. Alex Dubrovsky
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Thinking of that, there aren’t many unaired pilots that get released.

I remember seeing a scene from True Blood’s pilot where Tara was played by a different actress. I think Joss Whedon put the Buffy pilot on DVD set, just for the lulz, because it was truly horrible. There’s a part of a pilot for US version of IT Crowd which, thankfully, didn’t get past the pilot stage (it’s on Youtube, if you want to witness the horror of a remake no one needed). Other than that, I can’t think of anything …

Usually, those things get redone for a good reason.

P.S. Oh, and a pilot for Dwight-centric The Office spin-off was recently redone as an episode of the show. It also was quite awful.

8. dizzy
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 8:56 am | Permalink

What a great day that was!

9. Summer Is Coming
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Alex,

Awesome video! Thanks! We should see a post about it here soon.

10. House Minor
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Alex Dubrovsky,

Just wanted to add, and I’m going old-school here, that Full House has a released unaired pilot. The character they replaced was Danny Tanner…can you imagine a world where we didn’t know Bob Saget?

11. Ed
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Hah! That’s awesome. Man – looking back, I can’t even imagine anyone else playing Dany.

I LOVE Emelia Clarke and I’m so happy they chose her. She’s been amazing and so far from what I’ve seen in the trialers for this season, she’ll continue to impress.

I shudder when I think of that wandering-eye, big-headed Tamzin Merchant playing Dany.

12. Stephanie
    Posted March 25, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

I love these posts, very nostalgic, it was all so exciting to see unfold! I’ve been lurking around since before the bottom needed supporting, haha.

13. Monica
    Posted March 27, 2013 at 1:46 am | Permalink

I had been curious about who was Lady Stark in the pilot…Jennifer Ehle! I lost count of how often I watched Pride and Prejudice…it must have been quite a blow to lose her. Michelle Fairley has met the challenge. Her passionate nature on screen has been a marked contrast from Lena Headey’s Lannister ice queen. They are perfect rivals. Wow. Ehle missed a great opportunity!

14. insurance
    Posted May 13, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Hello! I realize this is somewhat off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does building a well-established blog such as yours require a
    lot of work? I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write in
    my diary on a daily basis. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!