The Game of Thrones Facebook game is no longer just a Facebook game. Game of Thrones Ascent is now available to play over on the online gaming site Kongregate. So if you were hesitant to jump into the world of Westeros because you didn’t want to start a Facebook account or you didn’t want to use your personal account for games, now is your chance to play.
In addition, Distruptor Beam has been busy adding new content to the game that ties into the events of season 3 (new items this week include Wolf-Shaped Bread and a blade called ‘The Chopper’).
The full press release, with all the details, can be found after the break.
Winter Is Coming: It’s great that Disruptor Beam keeps adding more and more new content to the game and that they’ve now expanded beyond Facebook. Hopefully existing fans of the show and books will continue to play and maybe we can draw in a few new fans through the game as well!
Game of Thrones Ascent Now Available on Kongregate!
Disruptor Beam opens Westeros to Game of Thrones fans beyond Facebook;
Adds new Season 3 content to all platforms!
(Boston, MA) – Disruptor Beam, the Boston-based game company that brings together fan communities and online games, announces thatGame of Thrones Ascent is now available to PC gamers via the Kongregate platform! The first social game based on the award-winning HBO® series and literary works of George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones Ascent initially launched in open beta on Facebook in February. Fans can now lead the life of a noble, playing with (or against) each other in a persistent world that spans both platforms. All of the same game content from Facebook is available on Kongregate starting today and for free by visiting: http://www.kongregate.com/
“The open beta launch of Game of Thrones Ascent has gone extremely well on Facebook, with around 500,000 installs in less than two months,” said Jon Radoff, CEO and Founder of Disruptor Beam. “We’ve listened to player feedback and recognize that many Game of Thrones and strategy game fans are looking to play beyond Facebook, so we are very excited to provide yet another way to enjoy our game.”
Each week during Season 3 of the TV series, Disruptor Beam releases new quests, in-game items and more, allowing players to live out the storyline of the show in-game. New content updates will go live on both Facebook and Kongregate simultaneously, including this week’s update, Episode 3: Walk of Punishment, which includes:
- Dozens of new quests and adventures from episode 3!
- Two new competitive Alliance Challenges – Partake in a Grand Tourney in the Marches, or race across Essos against the Ancient Guild of Spicers!
- New items are now available in the shop including the Royal Ledgers, a Valuable Prisoner, Wolf-Shaped Bread, and a very handy blade, the Chopper!
MORE ABOUT GAME OF THRONES ASCENT
Game of Thrones Ascent is a new type of social game that unites both story and strategy allowing players to lead the life of a noble during the time of upheaval portrayed in the books and TV series. Players claim their birthright by choosing which of the Great Houses they’ll swear allegiance to, select their lineage, secure their holdings, develop their lands and reputation, and assign sworn swords to quests — while forging alliances with new friends and much more.
Game of Thrones Ascent allows players the opportunity to make various moral decisions that not only impact other players, but the storyline as well. With deep and immersive political and social play authentic to the world of Westeros and involving diplomatic agreements, pacts, marriages and betrothals, a player’s alignment and destiny truly lies in their own hands.
Key game features and actions that players can take part in include:
- Rule your own noble house! Upgrade your holdings over time. Build your keep, your lands and your forces.
- Become the most powerful noble in Westeros! Choose your path to success through battle, intrigue or trade. Watch your Power rank increase as you take actions in game.
- Become a bannerman to one of the Great Houses! Choose your loyalties among Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy or Targaryen.
- Customize your character. Select your lineage and alignment. Create your own family banner.
- Build and acquire resources. Send your Sworn Swords on quests and adventures, involving your house in familiar events across Westeros while gaining wealth and Power.
- Work with (and sometimes against) your friends. Take part in interactive player-vs-player action, overcoming major challenges and adversaries.
- Play alongside the Season 3 storyline! With each new TV episode of Game of Thrones, new quests, in-game items and more are added to the game.
For more information about Game of Thrones Ascent or Disruptor Beam, visit www.DisruptorBeam.com.