Looking Forward Ep. 29 and Traditions
By Winter Is Coming on in Speculation.

1x09-baelor-game-of-

Oz of Thrones: Has it been a long two weeks, or is it just me?  And how exactly do we manage to make it through forty some-odd weeks in between seasons?  We will all be enduring soon enough as there are only two episodes left before we send the crews off again to do more filming, and the countdown clock will reappear on WiC.

So, please forgive a man up front today for a shorter than normal post.  I am still recovering from a Prediction hangover from earlier in the week.  By the way, I really appreciate all the great feedback received from the Unsullied Prediction post.  If you missed it, check it out.  I also need to recognize WiC, OitF, FaB, and HmR for being charged with the arduous task of moderating and the keeping the Unsullied safe from spoilery.  You guys and gals make this site the best one out there.  The fact is that neither they, nor you the Sullied readers, have to put up with us non’s.  But you do, and the vast majority of you do your best to not give away what is to come.  For that, I am quite thankful.

Since I have written about what I think might be upcoming for the next episode in the prediction post, humor me on this for a moment if you will…….

Tradition.  House Oz is located in a city where many locals claim the word “Tradition” was born.  In my part of the world, the word envelopes many aspects of life including, but not limited to, the following: family, friends, food, faith, and above all else….. football.  At least some of these have a strong influence on most of our lives, whether it’s the annual family reunion, or gathering at Grandma’s for Thanksgiving, or the annual beach trip with the girls or the guys.  We all have some type of tradition.  Some of them are great.  Some of them are goofy.  And some of them are just damned annoying.

Every now and then, we are lucky enough as a human race to get to experience something that is just so full of awesomeness, that we strive to be able to relive that feeling again and again.  Sometimes that quest falls flat and the original occurrence becomes nothing more than a fond memory.  But occasionally, the goal is attained and a tradition is started.

When Ozzette and I watched the first episode of GoT the very first night it aired, we knew nothing about anything.  We did not know what Game of Thrones was about.  We did not know it was based on a series of books.  We did not know that there was an author named GRRM.  All we really knew was that the previews looked cool and HBO had been giving us great television experiences in the past.

So we bit.  And then Bran got pushed out of a tower.  And we kept biting.

Then the Mountain cut the head off of a horse.  And we wanted more.

Then Dany’s brother got a golden crown from Drogo.  And we couldn’t get enough.

Then King Robert died, and we knew the drama was about reach a new level….

Oh, feed us!  Give us more!  This is awesome!

But we knew nothing.  And of all unlikely things that could happen, a new tradition was about to be born.

The Epic 9’s

Episode 9: Baelor:  The episode where the jaw hit the floor and the shit hit the fan.  We all know how it went down:  Ned is in the dungeon.  Varys comes to visit and urges him to think about his daughters’ futures.  Ned takes the advice to heart and admits his treason.  Joffrey had promised to be merciful if he did so.  But it was not to be, and with one swift swing of Ilyn Payne’s massive sword, Ned was gone.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t sleep much that night.  I remember laying in the bed thinking, “What the hell did I just watch?” and “How do you kill off a lead character in the first season of a show?”.    The rules of television had somehow been broken and instead of being disheartened and confused, I was captivated and entranced.  In one night I went from being a fan to being a fanatic.  It was indeed the beginning.

Roughly a year later, this happened…..

Episode 19: Blackwater:  Unlike the death of Ned, we knew there was a battle coming.  What most of us did not know was the grand scale of how this epic battle was about to be depicted on screen.

One of the scenes that will always be embedded in my mind is the wildfire explosion.  The sound.  The green.  The mass.  The destruction.  I was like a kid seeing an extravagant 4th of July fireworks display for the first time.  I will never forget Ned’s head.  I will never forget Blackwater Bay.

And roughly another year later, we are here……

Episode 29: The Rains of Castamere:  Over on the Prediction post, the following question was posed and I never got a chance to respond.  Here it is:

From: Douglas

I really like your predictions! Just out of curiosity, are you 100% unsullied as of right now or have some spoilers slipped past these nets? I was unsullied once, and I remember how hard it was to avoid spoilers, cause, you know, the internet is dark and full of spoilers!

The answer is 100% yes.  The only tidbit of information that slipped past me this season was that something was going to happen between Tyrion and Sansa, and even then I didn’t know what it was.

I included this Q&A to simply state this:  I have no freakin idea what is about to happen.  The Unsullied know that there is likely to be at least one more wedding this season, and that Arya and the Hound are trying to get there.  We know that Bran and Rickon are getting closer to the wall and possibly finding Jon Snow.  We know that Sam and Gilly are also on their way to the Wall from the other side.  We know that there may be a battle at Yunkai.  And we know that Robb is planning his taking of Casterly Rock.

We know all of this and yet, once again, we know nothing.

However, if the tradition of Epic 9’s holds firm, we know that we may be in for something quite special on Sunday night.  The beauty is in the frustration of the unknown.  In a way, the non-book readers are sitting in the same spot we were two years ago when the unthinkable happened to Ned.  Will there be another climax that will forever be etched into my brain?  Which story line will it come from?  How will it escalate into something no one saw coming?  Dammit…. Where are you Sunday night??

I believe in tradition.  I have no reason to believe that the Epic 9 tradition will be broken, and I don’t know if I have ever been more ready for an Episode than this one.  Are you ready?

Ok awesome WiC readers…… Oz is out.  Hope this post fired you up!  Time to go grill some Stag and have some ale.  Work has been hell this week.  Anyone know where you can find GoT Beer?

Please excuse any grammatical errors…. A man had to bang this one out rather quickly.

Remember, good Sullied folk…. Noooo spoilers in the commentary.

I will see you all Monday morning for the Newbie Recap of Ep. 29.  Hope you and yours have a great weekend, and as always, may there be peace in your realm.  -Oz

1. Clara
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

HODOR

2. Clara
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Ha ha also great post, I always enjoy these looking forward posts. From show tradition we all know that the next one will prob be awesome!

3. The Loon
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

oh man I cannot wait to read/hear your reaction to this episode……looking forward to next weeks podcasts almost more than the episode itself

4. Wun Wun
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Heads will explode. Internets will implode.

5. Jayne
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

I dread the reappearance of the countdown clock. Last time I filled the void by reading the books, but now there’s nothing to do apart from waiting..

Oh well, at least two more episodes to go yet!

6. Wun Wun
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Clara:
    HODOR

Hodor?

7. Jaime Saltcliffe
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Season defining

8. Summer Is Coming
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

9. Wun Wun
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Summer Is Coming:

Exact same as me. But i waited til after season 1 to start becoming Sullied.

10. saark
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

I dunno, Oz.

Maybe D&D might want to avoid all manner of predictability and in Season 3, the Epic 9 might be replaced with an Epic Finale. I wouldn’t put it past them, or the source material.

All’s I’m saying is- a sample size of 2 does not a trend make.

Ehhh who am I kidding…. Ep 9 will probably be epic. As will Ep10. woohoo!!

11. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much. Some cool stuff is gonna happen but nothing that exciting.

Yeah, I’m a liar.

12. Hounded
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

This will be a 9 to destroy all other 9′s. I’m worried the internet might break after the airing of this one…

13. Wun Wun
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor:

Yeah, I’m a liar.

It’s our fault. We forgot to ask if you were a liar.

14. Bryan
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

15. Dorkmaster Flek
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Ned’s execution was the point where I said “Okay, fuck this, I have to read the books NOW!”

I love watching GoT virgins go into these episodes blind. I made my in-laws promise not to watch it without me. Not because I want to find out what happens, but because I love watching how they react. Daenerys’ “a dragon is no slave” moment probably resulted in some angry neighbours.

16. Just A Random
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Like you, am pure Unsullied. I can’t wait for the last 2 episodes and dread the ensuing wait. As winter is coming for the seven kingdoms, summer is coming for viewers.

17. Chalky White Walker
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

You’re in for a treat.

18. Reezie
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Agreed! after Ned got killed off, and I knew there were books, I went straight to reading. I didn’t want another top fave character being killed off without me knowing. It was way to much for me. So congrats on still being unsullied, I for one couldn’t handle it…. Can’t wait for this Sunday!

19. NomadicDirewolf
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

i hope this doesnt count as spoilery when i say that you will not be disappointed by what this seasons episode 9 has to offer

20. realitytripz
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

My wife is going to flip her lid during this episode. *Dr. Evil laugh*

21. RichMan
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

I don’t know what is going to happen this week, but all signs point to (the event which shall not be named just yet)

Now we know the event that D&D really wanted to do when the started the whole thing was the Dracary’s call where Dany got her army. That was good, very good.

But before D&D owned up to that a lot of people were speculating that the event they were talking about is the event we are going to see this week.
    It is a major event, enjoy.

22. John
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

You know nothing, Unsullied.

23. SirSquinty
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

I love that you threw in the little note about grammar. After last time’s comments section it actually made me lol! :D However…..I cannot help but grin to myself when I see your predictions. They just make me giddy all over…Sunday night cannot help but come soon enough.

24. Julian Rayne
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Heh.

25. Turncloak
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

After Ned got his head cut off I was excited/angry/sad/confused. I forced myself to read the books so I could avoid spoilers and at the same time enjoy viewer comments(YouTube comments are very spoilerish). Wish I could wipe my mind of the books and then unwipe it b4 and after every season! Addicted

26. ACatLover
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Somehow, your posts always make me even MORE excited for the episode to come, even though I am 100% sullied!

27. Turncloak
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

RichMan,

When did D&D reveal the event they were anxious about doing was the Unsullied event? I always thought they meant they wanted to do that “other” event

28. Eor!
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Can we stop with all the book readers trying to be cryptic? You’re not hyping anything, and we have like 900 other threads to talk about this. Let the unsullied have this one, it can’t be that hard to not post here

talking about how crazy this episode is going to be IS A SPOILER. Talking about how it’s going to be so much crazier then the others IS A SPOILER. We all expect this one will be crazy, but to straight up say “HEY EVERYONE THIS NEXT EPISODE SOMETHING SHOCKING WILL HAPPEN AND IT”S THE MOST SHOCKING THING EVER” ruins the entire surprise. If people know that it’s going to be “the 9s to end all 9s” then it’s not really hard to figure out.

29. Card of Doom
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

I know everyone is expecting a lot from episode 9 (so am I) but I can say that as one of the Sullied, there are so many things left from book 3 that could end up in the final episodes that a lot of stuff will be pushed to season 4.
    Due to the massive amount of things that they could push to season 4, even the Sullied don’t know for sure what will be in the final 2 episodes or how certain events will play out on the show.

I mean, I have a pretty good idea of what’s coming but the details are the reason why this story and show are so great.

30. GreatJon of Slumber
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

A few people have posted in this thread about their own experiences going from Unsullied to Sullied – I, too, am one of those, having loved Season 1, and then devoured Books 1-4 in the Season 1-2 break, and then Book 5 in the Season 2-3 break.

It’s because I am now Sullied, that I enjoy very much reading and hearing the opinions of those who are still Unsullied, and glad you can get the “reveals” on the show that many of us experienced in the books. The books, still, are a great experience, but the TV show is wonderful.

For those Sullied on this board, I should say that this is one reason I embrace characters like Ros and Talisa — simply because they are my only chances at being Unsullied, so to speak. Ros’s death was a killer for me, because I didn’t know it was coming. So much of the enjoyment now is in the execution, given we’re aware of plot details — Blackwater was a marvelous TV hour in part because I knew what was coming, but wanted to see it all the same.

So Oz of Thrones and all others, enjoy the next two episodes. And to you and every reader on this board, the *true* question is this: what in the holy hell are we going to do beginning 2 weeks from now besides compile “Best of” lists????

31. Sullied Snow
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Oz – I really dig your thoughts, speculations, reviews, everything Oz, just everything. Love reading them.

I was Unsullied when I watched season 1, like you. I had no clue what was going to happen. I knew nothing of the story. I just thought it looked cool and anything with Sean Bean in it had to be pretty solid. I wasn’t ready for the scope and story though. The first 5 minutes of S1:E1 made me realize this wasn’t going to be like anything else I’d scene. The Wall, heads in the snow, Others!! Hooked. Completely. Then S1:E9 happened.

I remember thinking, as Ned was put on his knees…”Nah, man. There’s no way. There’s no F’ing way they take out Ned. I’ts freaking Ned Stark…Sean Bean. He’s the main guy. Someone’s gonna save him. You can’t just…… Oh shit!” Jaw dropped, eyes wide, felt like my heart stopped. I don’t think I’ve said ‘F That’ so many times before. haha. I was so blown away by that…killing off one of your main, main characters. I couldn’t stay Un-Sullied then. I had to know what happened. I’ve read the 5 books now, just finishing SoS again during this season. It almost makes waiting for the episodes harder because there’s more excitement. I haven’t been disappointed at all in the show and their adaptation.

There’s no doubt in my mind that the Epic 9′s will continue this season and for seasons to come. It’s like a staple of the show..2 seasons in is early, but still. You will not be disappointed in The Rains of Castamere and to play another geek card… (Warcraft reference) In the words of Illidan Stormrage…..You are not prepared.

32. serum
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I have anxiety and its not going away until this episode is over!

33. I Know Of Fear
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Bryan:

I also remember how disappointing it was to read the Southern Vampire Chronicles and find out that the first book kills off one if my favorite characters from True Blood. I don’t know if the same would happen while reading AGOT, but for now I’ll stick with the creative collaboration between these awesome actors, set and prop designers, and directors. And the big reason I’ll such with the show is Ramin Djawadi, who is excellent at telling the audience what us going on in a character’s head without using any words.

34. Anonymous
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Eor!:

I completely agree.

There’s already been so much hype all over the internet already. I was somewhat prepared for it when I was reading the books because I had already heard about the red wedding – but I didn’t know when it was going to happen,or what exactly what was going to happen. As soon as a wedding was happening, though, I was prepared, and it wasn’t that much of a shock.

35. RichMan
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Benioff said. ….. When the real plan was revealed I think I even called [Weiss]. This was before we had met with George, when we were still trying to figure out if this show was possible. The culmination of that scene was one of those moments when we were like, ‘We got to make this f–king show.’ It was very gratifying seeing that wish fulfilled … I think it will be one of the most staggering things ever put on television.”

That is what I could find. He made it more clear somewhere else.

36. Mr sharpy knife
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

it wasn’t illyn payne’s sword, it was ned’s. remember the sword in the first episode?
    i think it wasnt pointed out in the show

37. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

A thunderstorm complete with hail popped up out of nowhere just as I was reading about the epic nines. It was fitting.
    I’m guessing Texas is the seat of house Oz? Not that you have to tell me. Just a guess!

38. Joey
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Anonymous,

I disagree. I started show watcher, started listening to APOIAF got way spoiled and loved it then read the book. But thats just me. I hope everyone that wants to stay unsullied stays that way and good luck. I really dont want to make anyone stop coming to this site because its awesome. With that said. You have to be realistic. If you wanna stay unspoiled you CANT get on the internet and look up ANYTHING about the adaptation or canon. Its like walking next to a bunch and behives looking for honey and saying SHIT I CANT BELEIVE I GOT STUNG I JUST WANTED HONEY

however. good luck all you unsullied soldiers.

39. Olenna's Dietician
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

All season long I have heard rumblings of something cryptically referred to with two letters as RW, which I have decided stands for Rowdy Wrestling. I predict this is the episode where GRey woRM reveals to Dany he has been the author of her rise to power as well as the architect of this world’s ills.

40. superdeluxe
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Eor!:

Pretty much agree with all of this.

41. Anonymous
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Joey,

It seems like you’re saying: I don’t care about spoilers, so you shouldn’t either. That’s not really an argument so I’m not going to argue the main point.

But I do want to say that I completely avoid anything to do with something that may possibly spoil me. Unfortunately, I still got spoiled about a different show! while reading a GoT forum. It took away a lot of suspense about an important arc.

It’s at the point where you have to pretty much avoid the internet altogether, or at least anything entertainment related.

And when the Winds of Winter comes out, I will do just that.

42. TarthMaid
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Jayne,

Read them again, and again.

43. Anonymous
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

TarthMaid:
    Jayne,

Read them again, and again.

Tough to do with books 4 and 5. I even like those books more than the average reader.

44. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

superdeluxe,

The WIC admins may want to add an Unsullied/Sullied flag to each blog entry or web session…sort of like the technique that the “Tower of the Hand” website uses (“how far have you read or watched?” indicators). It may help lessen the effect of boasters and “Oops I forgot the spoiler tags” users on this site. I rather enjoy the Purely Unsullied take on all things GoT.

45. Card of Doom
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

And I also agree with everyone: Saying this episode will be the best of all time or whatever, is a spoiler.
    Over-hyping a great episode take away some of the punch.
    Telling people they will be shocked makes them start thinking of what crazy unlikely things will happen.
    Truly shocking events work that way because you get sucker-punched.

If you are a Sullied, stop over-hyping things.
    Nobody was telling you in the middle of book 3 that something major was coming and if they did, they were dicks.
    Stop being dicks.

46. Thomas
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

if you’re sullied, just don’t post.

and, if you post, just blot it out. why’s that so hard? promising something big is just a more abstract spoiler. just don’t do it.

47. babar
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Card of Doom,

Do you realize that you’ve just told the Unsullied that something “major” and “shocking” was going to happen in this episode?

Oh, the irony..

48. sjwenings
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

I agree that saying some crazy major shit is gonna happen is a spoiler. What kind of spoiler? That some crazy, major shit will happen! It’s not a given, is it?
    Most unsullied probably aren’t keeping count of what number ep this is, and what the earlier holy shit-ones were. And even if they do – again….

49. Zack
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I can’t believe how cavalier a lot of people in here are. FFS let people go into an episode with their expectations at their own personal default level.

50. Aaron
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I think he knows what will happen, or at least vaguely knows something. The way this post is written clearly reveals that he knows something major will happen in the 9th episode. The Blackwater really wasn’t the biggest OMG moment of Season 2, so to assume that this season episode 9 something OMG will happen is unlikely and means he does know something.

But for the sake of a good article, I guess it’s nice to pretend he knows nothing…

51. Lyanna_Targaryen
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

My problem with the sullied threads is that people are so protective of the books that if anything is a hair out of place in their opinion they go all, “WORST EPISODE EVARRRR” and it completely ruins the discussion for me. It’s a pretty negative place much of the time, but I guess that is the nature of the internet.

I consider the book and the show two different animals, simply because they have to be. I appreciate both of them and love both of them in different ways.

I hope (and believe) this means I am welcome here!

52. Lyanna_Targaryen
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Also, HERE’S A GOOD RULE OF THUMB:

IF YOU HAVE TO PUT A SPOILER TAG, JUST DON’T WRITE IT.

53. I Know of Fear
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

sjwenings:

Don’t know where you got that idea, there are only 10 episodes in a season and, as Oz points out, the second last one is the big one. I’m not sure anyone watching the show has failed to notice these facts.

54. babar
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

sjwenings: I agree that saying some crazy major shit is gonna happen is a spoiler.

Yeah, well.. you’ve just given away a spoiler, then.. -.-

55. Oz of Thrones
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Aaron,

Trust me Aaron, I know nothing. I have no reason to pretend otherwise. I am merely basing a hope on what I have witnessed in both 9 and 19, both of which were epic in my opinion.

56. Josla
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Summer Is Coming: Great post! I actually got goosebumps reading it. The only difference between me and Oz, is that the moment Ned was gone, I started looking for the books, I read them, and I was amazed, fascinated and forever entranced! Ep 9 is a GoT tradition, indeed; and it will not dissappoint!

Dejavu

57. Bill Volk
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

As a Sullied, it’s fun to imagine what kind of twists might have happened at this point in the books, but didn’t.

58. Josla
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Bryan: I don’t know I feel about non book readers owning the fact that they are not going to read. If you like the story, go to the source. The reveals are so much more epic in print.

I was so hooked after Ned’s death that I couldn’t help and read all the books before season two started. The books are amazing but I prefer to see instead of reading. The show is amazing too but I feel that reading the books has maimed my enjoyment of the show. Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy watching, but not knowing what was coming in season one was an incredible experience that I want to be able to experience again. That’s why I’ve decided to turn unsullied again with the last two books and read them just after the show is over. That’s gonna be amazing!

59. Oz of Thrones
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Just a bit further east. :)

60. Josla
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Lyanna_Targaryen: Sullied here. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I am here genuinely to share in reaction to the television show ONLY. I only comment my reactions to the SHOW; I have never and WILL NEVER even mention the books, nor do I elude to or hype up anything (that includes my handle – It’s just my two favorite names in the series, people).

I hope (and believe) this means I am welcome here!

Well said. Some people like to nitpick on the tiniest details all the time. Allways expecting the show to be a mirrored exact experience than the books, which is extremely silly

61. Onion Knight
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

New Orleans? ;)

62. Aaron
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Hmm, alright, you have me convinced good sir!

I’m really looking forward to the reactions of people who don’t know anything. XD

63. Iggy1eco
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Sorry, but couldn’t help to comment on that pic (shot). I mean, Ned being beheaded, everyone shocked and yet Joffrey’s grin makes the scene both darker and somewhat humorous. What a trollface he has :D

64. Oz of Thrones
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Onion Knight,

Ok, Ser Davos…. Maybe a little further east than that. But Geaux Tigers (and Saints) anyway.

65. Lisa Y. (aerynsunx)
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

I clicked on the link, saw that picture…and was traumatized all over again.

Seven Hells, I still miss Ned.

66. Lisa Y. (aerynsunx)
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

Card of Doom:

Season 3 is not all of book 3. You, and it seems a lot of fans, aren’t aware that Book 3 will be covered over seasons 3 and 4.

67. Veltigar
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

I Know Of Fear: I’m not convinced this is the case. I can’t say if the reveals are better in the books or the show, and I generally am not convinced that the source is always better than the adaptation. It really comes down to the question of who do you trust more: Martin or D&D? For me the answer is not Martin, but then again the only book of his I have picked up is Windhaven… It wasn’t bad but it doesn’t inspire me to read asoiaf before watching the show, especially considering how fond I am of the show’s pace.

The Show is absolutely amazing. But the books are even better. It’s not like LOTR where the adaptation beat the shit out of the Original. Oh, and never compare BS True Blood with GoT or ASOIAF, that’s just wrong on so many levels :p

68. Veltigar
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Lyanna_Targaryen:

I hope(and believe) this means I am welcome here!

I agree with you. That being said I will Always hate episode 6 of this season (not only because it “lamed” up the scenes from the books but because it was so not in touch with the feeling of this series – save the LF speech of course)

69. Dan
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Lisa Y. (aerynsunx),

I am we’ll aware of that. My point was hopefully going to be received by the Unaullied…there is a ton of stuff that has to happen and most of it won’t fit in season 3. The crazy stuff the Sullied are expecting may not happen until next season. Just enjoy the ride.

And the other person saying that I was spoiling…I was quoting the crap other people had been saying…which there has been too much of.

70. Erik Mo Erik
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Jayne,

yes indeed

71. Crassus
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

You’re joking right?

Seriously you have to be joking.

The “source”, ie the books, open up a whole new level of experience that the show barely skims over. The show is like looking at the shadow of your loved one, rather than turning your head and seeing them in their full glory.

As for not trusting Martin – you do realise that the first book was written 15 years ago? D&D don’t have anything original to say about anything. Any “originality” they have has no bearing on the story whatsoever.

Besides you’re missing out on 90% of character development because you can’t read anyone’s thoughts in the show.

Not to mention none of you Unsullied have any idea about the depths of Rhaegar and what a mangificent character he is. If there’s one criticism of the show, that would be it. It’s inability to portray probably the most significant and well written dead character in the entire series.

72. Daniel
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Shhhh shut up sullied!!! I’m not an unsullied anymore but was one a year ago and appreciated not knowing anything back then. Just stop talking about the damn episode. You’re ruining the surprise for them.

73. Impi
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    Onion Knight,

SEC SEC SEC!!! Go Gators! (except am totally not sold on Muschamp… )
    The only thing that gets me more excited than anticipating GoT season is College Football season.

74. Oz of Thrones
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Impi,

Then you and I would get along quite well my friend.

75. Magnar of Thenn
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

I was unsullied for half of season 1, then HBO GO posted a future episode immediately after the new episode that HBO had just aired. They urged you to go to HBO GO and watch “Next weeks episode”, which I did. I should have waited, cause I then realized I had to wait 2 weeks for a new episode LOL. The 2 week wait was too much for me and I broke down and bought the books, thus sullying myself.

It’s not all bad, I have spent many days afterwards, convincing people to watch the first season of GOT (or read the books). One day I got woken up in the middle of the night, by my mother-in-law, calling because she was so shocked, upset, and confused that Ned Stark had been killed LOL!

76. Gatorfisch
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    Onion Knight,

Ok, Ser Davos…. Maybe a little further east than that
    Mississippi or Alabama?

I’m picking Alabama, with the football reference. SEC, baby! (You can tell where I’m from by my username)

77. Gatorfisch
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Impi: SEC SEC SEC!!! Go Gators!(exceptam totally not sold on Muschamp… )
    The only thing that gets me more excited than anticipatingGoT season is College Football season.

BOOM!!!

78. Magnar of Thenn
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Lyanna_Targaryen,

I share your sentiments.

79. Gatorfisch
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Sorry for Bogarting the thread….but at least I didn’t spoil anything!

80. Eor!
    Posted May 31, 2013 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

Crassus: You’re joking right?

Seriously you have to be joking.

I’m sorry, but Rhaegar is barely a character. He’s less developed then Gilly

81. Mike
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 12:14 am | Permalink

Crassus

It’s book readers like you who personify everything that’s wrong with the ASoIaF fanbase.

82. Aryadne
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 1:27 am | Permalink

Unsullied (no book reader that got accidentally spoiled twice) with a funny story.
    During season 1, I was very fascinated with the actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, our now beloved (!?) Jaime. I couldn’t resist the temptation and after S1 I started reading about his character in various posts, comments etc. When I got to the part where he jumps in the bear pit to save someone I stopped reading. I thought that was a lie to make fun of no book readers!!!
    That’s how amazing and unpredictable this show is, you read spoilers and you don’t believe them!!!
    Now I try not to read spoilery comments. For me RW episode stands for Really Wonderfull episode. Have fun this Sunday lucky ones (in Greece it airs on Tuesday night).

83. Joshua Taylor
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 2:51 am | Permalink

Impi,

Crassus,

Hey Crassus, you should go to Carrhae, I think you’ll enjoy it there. I hope you have a taste for honey!

84. Lisa Y. (aerynsunx)
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 3:37 am | Permalink

I’m Unsullied and happy to be that way. If I start reading the books I’ll only read the books of the seasons that have already happened on TV and not before. Some of the book readers are way cool. The others? Well, you need to remove that stick from way up there because it’s making you too bitter about this whole show/book dichotomy. It shouldn’t be this nasty.

I don’t have any predictions, but I admit I’m worried over the whole Episode 9 “tradition”. I can’t get over Melisandre and her leetches. We know how the Red God rolls, and he rolls hard, so I am worried and nervous about what may happen next (seriously, I’ve started biting my nails over this and I haven’t done that in ages).

Just a thought, (but not for Episode 9) Littlefinger gets what he wants eventually, and he wants Sansa. I can still see him hiring some sellswords to drop her into a sack and ship her off to the Eyrie in the dead of night. After all, Tyrion won’t be there, right?

Maybe I just need to get out more. :D

85. Silverstormm
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 5:08 am | Permalink

Hounded:

This one made me laugh hehe

86. Michael274
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 5:25 am | Permalink

Crassus,

Oh look, another preposterous and self assured book reader who think anyone here gives a crap about his opinion .

87. Silverstormm
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 5:57 am | Permalink

GreatJon of Slumber,

The casting threads/speculations are always enjoyable inbetween seasons.

88. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 6:10 am | Permalink

Rhys,

Yeah, not long to go now!

89. johnnytata
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 7:41 am | Permalink

serms to me like people are being a little overly loose here. some people who have read the books just need to shut the eff up. you are annoying and dickish.

also, oz, when you said football and tradition, i was hoping you meant titletown, green bay wisconsin. but alas, i think that you are from SEC territory which makes you my mortal enemy, being from big ten country.

anyway keep up the good work! these posts are always my favorite of the week.

90. Clara
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Lafayette right?! Though i think True Blood though it used to be fun has taken a severe turn for the worse. Losing hope in it turned me to GoT though so I can’t complain; GoT is a thousand times better.

91. I Know of Fear
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Crassus,

It would be nice if you had actually addressed my point about collaboration building atmosphere (there is no way the musical chairs scene with the small council would have been as funny in the book while still showing of the temperaments of 4 characters) instead of pretending I said anything about “originality” in an adaptation. All trolling aside, I don’t doubt that I’m missing a certain experience with the books, but that’s because I chose to replace it with the different experience produced by the show. You can’t convince me that I’m missing 90% of the character development because I don’t have access to internal monologues, I’m just seeing different characters. I’ve discussed this several times with people who tried to convince me that I should feel more sympathy for Jaime because he didn’t really kill his cousin in cold blood during an escape attempt, that scene was just made up… unlike the book version of Jaime.

Clara,

That’s exactly the character I was thinking about; his death in the books was a surprise because he provides some much needed perspective on the True Blood’s zany events. And I agree, the show used to be much more fun, but something about this past season (or two) has been lackluster. Something has been “off” about the balance of drama, humor, social commentary, and sheer absurdity. It was only the Sam & Andy buddy cop show that kept me going last season.

92. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 9:59 am | Permalink

There shouldn’t be any ANY spoilers in these Usullied comment threads.

ANY.

Also, please be careful about spoiling other TV shows/books as well, just out of respect for your fellow commenters.

93. Tessa_Leonie
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

I’m Sullied but am hanging out here for the time being. Seems there was a leak that would spoil even the Sullied and I don’t want to repeat the Ross revelation. It is a tiny thing to stay of some specific places on the internet for 2 days but I must say I have a lot of admiration for the Unsullied in the fandom, you have amazing self control.

94. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:01 am | Permalink

johnnytata:

also, oz, when you said football and tradition, i was hoping you meant titletown, green bay wisconsin.but alas, i think that you are from SEC territory which makes you my mortal enemy, being from big ten country.

anyway keep up the good work!these posts are always my favorite of the week.

SEC territory for sure. But much respect for Green Bay (and the Big Ten most of the time).

Glad you enjoy the Looking Forwards! Patiently waiting on Sunday night… Ugh.

95. Rhys
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

For some reason I always just assumed you were Australian, Oz.

96. M White
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Jayne,

Have read the books so have a rough idea of what is coming, which doesn’t ease the longing to see it! The books have created a story so surprising in the direction it takes us that I am jonesin’ for the outcome. If one rereads the books, one make pick up tidbits of conversations in earlier parts of the story that give some clues about later parts of the story, however, it all serves to whet the appetite! Write faster George R.R. Martin!

97. M White
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:46 am | Permalink

…and Dan Hilldebrand was great!

98. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Rhys:
    For some reason I always just assumed you were Australian, Oz.

That would be logical. Actually it’s just a nickname that has been carried through my family for years.

99. WompWomp
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Eor!:

FELLOW READERS!

Quoted for emphasis. I’m a reader, and I can’t stand these teasing comments here. No matter which way the episode swings, forecasting whether it’ll be hot or not can be considered spoilsome. Even the good-natured teases are less welcome than another Theon physical therapy session in my book. Can’t we observe the unread speculation on this thread without giving into the incredibly stupid temptation to caress the locals? They can all tell you you’re the only ones getting off on this. Sullied-Bots, roll the f**k out! [shows himself the door]

Crassus,

Dude, please stuff yourself. Surely there’s a more convincing way for you to assert the greater girth of your fanp3n0r elsewhere. You’re basically flashing in the wrong locker room and impressing N-O-B-O-D-Y.

100. Slynt
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Jayne:

Oh well, at least two more episodes to go yet!

I would spend the time reading or re-reading The Malazan Book of the Fallen :)

101. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

True Blood would be better if they killed off Sookie and Bill. They should just have a Pam spin-off.
    I thought this was an Unsullied post? Why is there complaining about the adaptation in here? If anybody thinks deriding the show (and by extension its fans) is going to convince people to the read the books you’re wrong. It just puts people off.

102. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Correct. There should be no discussion of or references to the books at all in this post thread. Those posts will be deleted if they continue.

103. WompWomp
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I couldn’t help but notice (to my relief) that you phased out yet another offending post just now. which reminds me to ask. Will there ever be a flagging function on WiC.net? That last one drove me nuts.

104. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

I think that may be asking a lot on the technical side and cause some issues, but then technical is not my department here. I’ll let HmR and Winter handle that question more seriously.

105. Ashara D
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Lyanna_Targaryen:

I hope(and believe) this means I am welcome here!

Thanks Lyanna! My sentiments exactly. Why can’t it just be about all the joy the story brings–in either form? I love just lurking here to try to enjoy the series vicariously through the Uns, and Oz’s commentary is too entertaining to miss. Trolls, begone! Tomorrow night can’t come soon enough (although, I’ll have to watch with the Blackhawks-Kings game in the background. Dang NHL schedulers…)

106. Bryan
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Bryan,

derp unsullied lol

107. Sh4rp3
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I recently met a chap who had just started watching series one, as unsullied as someone could possibly get. Who here wouldn’t love to be in that position now? But I am sullied, dripping with knowledge on this amazing series and beyond this coming episode there are many more that will spark this same reaction. I raise a cup of arbour gold to you Oz and all unsullied everywhere , you are in for a solid evening of pure GRRM magic !

108. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Sh4rp3,

The favor is returned! I hope the episode holds surprises for my Sullied friends as well!

Let us drink to NOT having to watch True Blood for 2 more weeks. Cheers.

109. Don't Tell Me
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

I am an Unsullied.

I am also a huge reader, like 100 books a year level reader, and I haven’t gone back and read these novels.

Traditionally I have no interest in the fantasy genre or otherworlds, etc (along with no interest in paranormal or vampire) so on my own I never would have picked up the novels that GoT and True Blood are based on. Yet- something about the way HBO adapts things has lured me in to both of these fantastic series. The casting, the costumes, the characters, the writing- these things have taken me to a place I never would have discovered in the books because I never would have read them. In my excitement after S1, I did go buy the first 4, but they still sit untouched on top of the bookshelf because I decided I wanted to let HBO tell it. They’re doing such a fantastic job of it so far. I had been told by a friend that it was ok to read the True Blood novels as they wouldn’t spoil the TV show for me and I’ve slowly started doing that, but even with those, I still see Alexander Skarsgaard when Eric enters the scene. The actors and their portrayals make it come alive.

I really wish the book readers would understand that it’s like sitting next to the guy in the theater who’s already seen the flick and tells you everything 10 seconds before it happens. Let us enjoy this marvelous HBO series. Pretend nobody wrote a book to base it on and this fantastic story was developing just like any other series out there.

110. Ozzette
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Rhys:
    For some reason I always just assumed you were Australian, Oz.

I like the idea of this! I will have to get him to speak with his “southern” Australian accent ….which could be very entertaining around the house, especially for our Ozlings.

Maybe just read his posts with that accent in mind. I know I will from now on.

111. Dan
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

When I was still Unsullied, I thought R.W. stood for Robert’s Warhammer, which was mentioned a lot…as Roberts weapon and one of the ships in the royal fleet…

112. Lisa Y. (aerynsunx)
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Totally off-topic, but I’m actually looking forward to True Blood this season. But only because I’m hoping some hardcore action is returning. Nothing can erase the over-the-top crazy that’s become the norm the last few seasons.

And now Matt Smith is leaving ‘Doctor Who’?? My fandoms are in disarray right now.

113. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Lisa Y. (aerynsunx),

It was no offense on TB…. Ozzette and I were big fans through the first few seasons. It just seems that the show lost its focus over the last couple of seasons. I share the same hope as you, if for no other reason than to fill the void in my Sunday night.

114. Cat of the Canals
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

I was going to post something in spoiler tags as a Sullied, and then I remembered, I shouldn’t even comment here on this Usullied post. Yeeaah, I do have some respect.

115. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Lisa Y. (aerynsunx),
    Oz of Thrones,

I find it odd that everyone seems to love the first 3 seasons of True Blood but hates the latest 2. Having literally just finished season 5 I am completely the opposite; I despised the first 3 seasons, but found the latest two quite entertaining. Season 2 for me was by far the worst (“Let’s have a massive orgy as a key plotpoint, that’ll be fun, right guys… guys?”)

116. Krats
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 3:59 am | Permalink

Lyanna_Targaryen,

Totally agree. Both books and television are amazing in their respected mediums. I hate the book vs movie/television show argument.

117. Kroy
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 5:58 am | Permalink

I feel like an Unsullied, like a child again. A few more hours… I’m so tired of waiting!

118. Don Snow
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Summer Is Coming:

Me too. As soon as Ned’s head hit the ground I was off to the bookstore!

119. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Finally…… Game Day!!!

120. Bittersteel_914
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Wun Wun,

Wun Wun: It’s our fault.We forgot to ask if you were a liar.

I see what you did there, Wun Wun…touche sir

121. Sh4rp3
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Don’t Tell Me:
    I am an Unsullied.

I salute you DTM , I’m also a book worm and often found the fantasy genre to be un satisfying but GRRM is different ,his world is full of real people ,and that’s what makes ASoIaF so captivating. HBO are doing a fantastic job and by all means let them tell the story but you will find the books to be some of the best written and complete literature you’ve ever read. I for one never imagined Bron to be portrayed by one half of Robson and Jerome (a popular British acting duo who went on to become pop stars based on a top gun -like karaoke scene in one of their shows) but there he is forever etched in my imagination when re-reading. However I digress, this thread is for the unsullied , enjoy the show, love and hate the villains who turn or the honourable who flounder , shout at the screen as Ned loses his noggin or as the screen pans across the room where Ros sits as beautiful in death as in life. Feel the injustice of Tyrion’s masterful victory on the black water over ruled by his terrible fathers return and pride in Dany’s strength as she frees the slaves, but please, I beg of thee, read the books when all is done. This isn’t Tolkien , you will not find yourself skipping whole chapters of prose to get to the good parts, instead you’ll find real life , cruelty and depravity, political intrigue ,bigotry and all the other facets of human nature never touched upon by the standard fantasy blueprint .

122. Ours is the Fury
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Please, NO book discussion in these Unsullied comment threads. At all.

123. zaprowsdower
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Don’t Tell Me,

Some book readers get it! I would never spoil my unsullied comrades!

124. Sh4rp3
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

To add to my last comment, my definition of great reading is when you feel with the characters. When the feasts of huge pies as big as cart wheels are described, I salivate at the descriptions of lampreys and eels cooked in butter and garlic , I can taste the sour wines of flea bottom or fine vintages of high garden, and picture the noble standards snapping in the wind at the start of the battle chapters, each one described in all its colour and meaning to help fill in the stories of the bit players . These are things you can’t fit onto a screen , so to Oz and DTM and all unsullied, remain so for now , but there will be a time when all is done , and you’ve watched the whole series over again in one weekend , and the only way you can climb back into westeros and beyond the narrow sea is to read and fill in all the information you’ve missed . This is known!

125. Sh4rp3
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Yeah sorry OitF , I see I got carried away back there. I love the series , wish I was unsullied all over again!

126. Lyanna_Targaryen
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

This is going to be a loooooong day.

127. David The Grey
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Long live the 9′s! Thanks Oz of Thrones, for bringing all the excitement of S1 and S2 back to my mind again, in anticipation of tonight’s show. You’re writing style hooked me right back into all those memories from the show. I’m all hyped up! :-)

In other words, I very much enjoy reading your posts. Thanks and keep ‘em coming! :-)

128. Douglas
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

For four days straight now, I have been waiting, And waiting. And waiting. Unable to keep my mind off it… this will indeed be the episode 9 to rule them all.

I’m Sullied, but as someone else said, I feel like an unsullied right now because even if you have an idea of how it will play out, GOT will always surprise you in ways you couldn’t even imagine.

129. Lisa Y. (aerynsunx)
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    Lisa Y. (aerynsunx),
    Oz of Thrones,

I think it’s the introduction of the whole “fairy” thing that made me go, “what now? really?” that just threw me. But yeah, season 2 did just drag on.

Anyways, back to GoT–does anybody else think this day is just draaaaging along? Hurry up, 9 PM!!

130. Douglas
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Lisa Y. (aerynsunx),

Tell me about it. And I have to wait an extra hour (I’m not American, which means I don’t have HBO… which means I pay the iron price and download it after it’s US airing)

I don’t like to pay the iron price for it, but I’m for sure not going to wait several months to when it airs on TV in my country (Sweden). I like to think that I make amends for my Greyjoyish behaviour by later on buying the DVD sets.

If HBO was available in my country, I’d subscribe to it without question.

131. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

David The Grey,

You are quite welcome kind sir! i wanted to get everyone as hyped as I am (not that anyone needs me for that)!

I will keep it coming as long as WiC and company will have me. Enjoy tonight. It’s almost time!

132. Douglas
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Hey, Oz, which storyline are you looking forward to the most tonight?

133. Oz of Thrones
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Douglas,

Generic answer: it doesn’t matter to me…. I am ready for anything and everything.

If I went off of the preview, I would say the Hound and Arya if they indeed make it to the wedding in time.

What about you?

134. mewcat
    Posted June 2, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

I am sullied…but man, Oz, I love reading your columns. This last week has been dragging and I missed GOT so much and when I read your ‘Tradition’ piece, it so got me pumped up! A great piece. So thought-out. As a sullied, I’m really impressed with your insights. Great work. My husband is unsullied and he’s like you, doesn’t want to know stuff ahead of time. We’re so looking forward to Ep. 9 tonight. Yay!