Game of Owns: After Dark
By Winter Is Coming on in Podcast.

Game of Owns looks back at the week in Thrones and looks ahead to the season 3 finale in this Friday episode. And congratulations to them for hitting the milestone of one million total downloads! Well deserved!

Episode 107 – After Dark

iTunes | Download | RSS

Description: Recorded in the twilight of a very Red Wedding indeed, Game of Owns is back this Friday with further thoughts on the week’s events including but not limited to Thrones throughout the media, and the onslaught of your own personal thoughts on the matter for what has happened, and what is to come in this series.

Discussion Topics
LIVE EPISODE TUESDAY NIGHT

1. Willpads
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Hodor!

2. Chris
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Omigarsh, I just got a better look at Sunday night’s preview and saw what looked like someone looking down the scary black tunnel of the Nightfort.
    Could it be?
    The encounter of Bran and the Reeds with Sam?
    …after Sam’s obese shuffling and Gilly’s baby squalling create the impression of
    something huge and creepy coming up out of the darkness?
    Besides being really cool, it would have the advantage of bringing two storylines together in one single scene and avoid another instance what will already be lots of switching back and forth.
    Here’s hoping.

3. Rhys
    Posted June 7, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

Chris:
    The encounter of Bran and the Reeds with Sam?

Yes. It’s 100% that. Ellie Kendrick who plays Meera confirmed she had a scene with Hannah Murray who plays Gilly.

4. Ashley
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Ghost was kinda wandering around and then Jon told him to go back to castle black and he doesn’t appear until the end of storms

5. MRR
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 1:29 am | Permalink

Chris:
    Could it be?
    The encounter of Bran and the Reeds with Sam?

There was a brief shot in one of the early season 3 trailers of Sam (seen from behind) emerging from a hole in the ground while Bran, Hodor, Meera, and Jojen were crouched nearby in fear. It wasn’t clear that this was Sam if you didn’t know what to look for, but clear enough if you knew what you were seeing. So yeah, that’s definitely happening next episode.

6. Hexonx
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Jon Snow was all like, Crows before Hoes

7. pntrlqst
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 3:13 am | Permalink

thx for reading my stupid OWNS!

8. Adria
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Walder Frey didn’t damn his family. Rather the Frey’s will from now on be known as the family that is not to be trifled with and that you do not want to cross. Remember it was the Starks that betrayed the Freys first. Robb broke his word, leaving Walder every right to break his.

9. sCor
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 5:18 am | Permalink

Since there was a good discussion concerning the Frey betrayal in this episode, I would like to add some thoughts on why they aren’t terrible at all. Looking at it solely from the eyes of the Starks makes it look like a very horrible thing, especially the whole violation of the guest right. But consider the Frey’s perspective:

In season 1 Robb shows up at his castle. At this point in time, Robb is a rebel and whether his cause is just or not has yet to be proven (for all they know, Ned could have been a traitor). Secondly, history has numerous cases of Houses, that oppose the Lannisters in a war, loose and get exterminated. So Walder Frey joining Robb’s side was a big risk, which is why he asking Robb for something in return (through the marriage). That means, that Walder Frey was willing to fully support Robb and pretty much openly defy the Lannisters. He commits the majority of his soldiers to help him out.

Now in season 2, Robb pisses on the promise and leaves House Frey out in the open as house that dared rebel against the Iron Throne. Next thing we know in season 3, Robb is starting to loose the war. I presume, that Tywin/Roose approached Walder Frey at this point and asked him to organize the whole massacre.

What was Walder supposed to do? Tell Tywin, that they were still supporting Robb, someone who betrayed them? If Robb looses, House Frey is done for. I won’t doubt, that Walder Frey gets something out of the whole thing, but I’m pretty sure it will mainly be to compensate for the major stain that sits now on the House Frey.

TL;DR: Roose and Tywin are the ones to blame for Robb’s death, not Walder.

10. Max
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I kinda wish the “Game of Owns” podcasts would be on some sidebar of WiC instead being listed as normal updates. They’re so frequent, and some of us don’t have much interest in listening.

11. DarkRavenous
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 6:05 am | Permalink

Max,

Simply don’t click on the Game of Owns podcast then. I highly enjoy them. I love hearing their reactions to what’s coming. Plus their analysis of the books are really fun.

12. Shock Me Sane
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 6:23 am | Permalink

Max,

Well, plenty of us do like it, and I’m pretty certain the extra half-second of your life it would take to scroll past it won’t kill you.

13. NomadicDirewolf
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 7:04 am | Permalink

adding onto the theme of grey wind going down without a fight guess this isnt a spoiler now but i’ll put this under spoiler marks anywayin the book he does go down with a fight. Robb sends jeyne’s (talisa’s) uncle or brother or someone to guard him, in order not to offend walder frey with his presence. When the Frey men come to grey wind, they throw a net over him or something, but the guard sets him free and takes out a few men before dying, and the guard dies to i think

14. Just A Random
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Max:

I enjoy the podcasts and think they add a lot to WiC. There are plenty of sites with deep analysis of the book and show (WiC included) and the podcasts do a great job in my opinion of adding some fun to the site. It’s an hour long conversation between friends and they let us listen in. I’m brand new to GoT and out of all the fan sites I look at this is the only one I check daily, listen to the podcasts, and comment on.

It’s just a little silliness mixed with serious discussion. It’s sillious?

15. outdoorcats
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Max,

Talk about first-world problems.

16. Max
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I never said the podcast shouldn’t exist. I’m just saying that they’re not what I (dare I say most of us) come to the site for.

17. Adria
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Max: dare I say most of us

??? I guess you did a survey?

18. zaprowsdower
    Posted June 8, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

No, I don’t think that if Craster’s sons had lived that they would have posed opposition.

19. Max
    Posted June 9, 2013 at 1:08 am | Permalink

Adria: ??? I guess you did a survey?

There’s no need to get so defensive. I never once criticized the podcast, nor did I say it shouldn’t be included in WiC. All I did was suggest that podcast updates be moved into a sidebar due to their frequency. Just trying to suggest improvements to this site we all love so much.

20. Just A Random
    Posted June 9, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Max: No, it was just an assumption based on the number of comments on podcast entries vs. other entries.

Fair enough, I think everyone can agree that we want WiC to be as successful as possible.

Hope everyone enjoys the episode tonight.