Game of Owns: Happy Nameday!
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Episode 113 – Happy Nameday!

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 2: Sansa I
Our new King Joffrey has become one year older, and zero years wiser that we can see through the eyes of Sansa throughout her first chapter in a Clash of Kings! A grand tournament has been assembled for young Joff, full of the best competitors the entire Seven Kingdoms have to offer…or something like that.

Discussion Topics
Hanging out on WiC

1. Grijnwaald
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Hodor

2. Michael274
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

I don’t get it, are they rereading or experience it for the first time ?

Posted June 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Michael274:
    I don’t get it, are they rereading or experience it for the first time ?

Both. Zack and Eric are reading it for the first time, Micah and Selina (once she returns) are re-reading it.

4. springwillcome
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Kudos to the hound for coming to the rescue not only once but twice and for making it not sound flattering when he tells Joffrey the latter might even have won his nameday tourney (against a bunch of gnats… ). On a side note – he’ s one of the most unlikely babysitters I could imagine – nevertheless it seems to be his fate to end up as one – Joffrey, Ayra – I’ ve started to wonder about as to who comes next;-).

5. Abyss
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Off-Topic:
    Pretty long video interview with Kit Harington about all sorts of things, but mostly GOT.
    Most interesting part for me was that he thinks that D&D will direct an episode in season 4.
    I noted no spoilers.

6. Abyss
    Posted June 21, 2013 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Apparently GRRM and Peter Dingklage will have a panel at the Sydney Opera House on 11.11.2013. The trailer is awesome btw.^^

7. Rhys
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 1:05 am | Permalink

I do the same thing, Zack!

Was getting tired of my iphone making me say “how ducking stupid” or “you stupid can’t”.

8. Rhys
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 1:22 am | Permalink

My Own of the next chapter goes to GRRM for the subtle Jon Connington reference.

9. John
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 3:12 am | Permalink

OT –

Jack Bauer’s Dad went all the way to Braavos to get a Faceless Man for his team:

Tom Wlaschiha (Jaqen H’ghar) stars in the new NBC show,”Crossing Lines” beginning on June 23.

10. king tyrion
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 9:11 am | Permalink

First of all guys stop buying Iphones I can say whatever I f##king want on my galaxy.Second nice catch Rhys it is really cool to see how much GRRM has planned out ahead and gives me confidence that this series is going to have an awesome ending. Also on the topic of random character references in the next chapter, anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of playing the GOT video game might recognize captain Valar as the antagonist of one of the story lines from that game.

11. Adria
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Ok, come on guys. Did the comet land? Is it still circling Westeros? Do you not know how a comet, or a meteorite for that matter, works? Embarassing.

12. Zack Luye
    Posted June 22, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Adria,

Eric was practicing sarcasm

13. Micah
    Posted June 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Do I know how they work? Nope. But I did ride a horse named Comet one time.

14. Turri
    Posted June 23, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Tyrion chapter also has some subtle foreshadowing when he meets Mandon Moore, the Kingsguard that tries to kill him and dies in the battle.

15. Skreech
    Posted June 25, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

was it just me or did i hear a major jorah spy spoiler in one of the emails they read?