Confirmed: Game of Thrones to film in Iceland for season 4
By Winter Is Coming on in Filming, News.

Southern IcelandWe had heard rumors about this, but the CEO of Pegasus, the Icelandic production company that has handled the Thrones shoot for the past two seasons, has now confirmed it: Game of Thrones will be returning to film in Iceland for the third year in a row. Only this time they will be filming in the summer (late July, to be exact), not the winter.

Pegasus’s CEO, Snorri Þórisson, goes on to say that the filming will be of a similar scope, with 100-200 people involved in the production. He doesn’t give away any exact filming locations, but says they will be working in the south of the country. He also mentions that they’ve recently put out a casting call for 20 bald extras.

Winter Is Coming: Good to get confirmation. Now it’s time to speculate just what they will be filming there. With them filming in the summer, there are a lot more possibilities than just beyond the Wall stuff. Could the bald extras be a clue? What do you think?

1. Grijnwaald
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Hodor

I want to go to Iceland so bad, it looks so beautiful, despite the cold at certain times.

As for the bald extras…….well I’m unsullied so haven’t a clue.

2. Solar
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:01 am | Permalink

20 bald extras? hmmm yeah i got nothing.

3. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:02 am | Permalink

That particular photo with the mountains and the lush green grass makes me think of the Vale.

4. The Sinner
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:04 am | Permalink

20 bald extras. Hmm. Prob badass wildlings led by Magnar of Thenn, since you know he, himself is supposed to be bald. Maybeeee

5. John
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Because of the landscape (and the lack of snow) it has to be somewhere in the north, but south of the wall.

20 bald people?
    Hmm.. maybe some special group of wildlings, mountain clan or nothern House?
    Damn it, I’m sullied and I have no clue..

6. Courtjezter
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Pegasus’s CEO, Snorri Þórisson,

That’s easy for you to say

7. Not Today
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

So if they’re filming in summer does this mean we won’t see Bran’s journey beyond the wall?

8. Omar Brown
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:21 am | Permalink

So I assume Bran’s scenes beyond the wall will be filmed in Ireland then?

9. Sue Monforte
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Mmmm….I’m thinking they’ll be filming for the Braavos scenes and the House of Black and White where Arya will be spending quite a bit of time, maybe?

10. Mat
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Since we have confirmation of Styr being included in S4, my guess would be the Thenn’s are all bald to differentiate them from other wildlings. Although from that screen it looks way too lush to be beyond the wall….. very interesting.

11. coronaking
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Now that’s a surprise.

Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:34 am | Permalink

It’s the Cave People that are bald. That’s why no one likes them :P

13. Jentario
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Bald extras… I have nothing :/
    Maybe it’s the Kingsmoot? Or maybe it’s Styr’s Thenns?

14. The Red Viper
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Mat,

I agree, its probably the thenns. Maybe they are filming there because they want to shoot the assault at Castle Black. I hope they do that and the Battle at the wall. an maybe CGI de snow. Who knows? it might snow south as well.

15. Sean B
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Sue Monforte,

I have a feeling we wont see that until season 5, lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

16. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Maybe the want the wights to be bald.

17. The Red Viper
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:53 am | Permalink

What a nice place for a kingsmoot dont you think? http://www.digital-photo-web.com/south-iceland-around-vik-i-myrdal.html

18. Selmy
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Yeah I reckon that Bran’s beyond the wall stuff will be shot in Ireland. I think it should be okay -the few Beyond the wall scenes in season 1 looked fine.

And yes – I think the Bald Men are Thenns.

19. House Clegane
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

The 20 bald extras are just probably just that, bald extras… people tend to over think news, and that why so many book fans get disappointed.

20. Rolph Spicer
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Maybe they want bald extras so they can put wigs or other headpieces on them?

21. House Clegane
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Also a possibility. But i think they can also do that with people who have hair.

22. A Man Grown
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

The Shavepate and friends?

23. Blutrabe
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Omar Brown,

I’m sure Bran’s scenes will be shot with artificial snow and bluescreens.

24. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Thenns were the first thing that popped into my head too. This probably means they are pushing back Bran’s ADWD chapters for season 5. Season 4 will be meeting Coldhands, honing warging, fighting wights (and finding out dragonglass doesn’t work on them) etc. He will probably only be in about 5 episodes I’m guessing.

25. Blutrabe
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

A Man Grown,

In Iceland? I don’t think so.

26. darquemode
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Outside of Styr I do not recall any bald Wildlings so maybe it a bunch of Thenns like some mention? I never thought of the Thenns as a whole being follically challenged though honestly! XD

Great place for a Kingsmoot I bet, or Bran’s adventures maybe although Winter would have been fine for that I think. Yeah maybe Kingsmoot!

Early shoot schedule means early casting perhaps!
    Bring on the news/ rumors!

27. Ruud
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

The Red Viper,

First thing popped in my mind is that the man who blew the dragon horn is bald. It could be they make all of Euron’s crew bald. Maybe we’ll get the kingsmoot in the next season and there are enough stunning locations in iceland for it!

28. Udi
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Courtjezter,

Ahaha!!!
    Now he needs to try and pronounce the name of that volcano that erupted – Eyjafjallajökull – and good luck!

29. Nymeria
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Iceland’s south coast is gorgeous, with amazing black sand beaches, so the Iron Islands would definitely be a possibility. However, there’s also cliffs, waterfalls, rolling green hills, volcanic hot springs, mountains, and a glacier lagoon seen in Die Another Day, so…could be anything, really.

30. Lord Of The Waters
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Im hoping that they will be shooting Iron Islands stuff here. It looks perfect for the Kingsmoot. I guess with the shooting beginning over there in late July we would be due for a Euron casting announcement if indeed it is going to be Iron Islands stuff filmed over there.

31. Lord Of The Waters
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Ruud:
    The Red Viper,

First thing popped in my mind is that the man who blew the dragon horn is bald. It could be they make all of Euron’s crew bald. !

I really like this theory and could actually see it being quite possible. The image of an entire crew all similar looking with their tongues removed would be something that would stick in the mind.

32. Grijnwaald

Pegasus’s CEO, Snorri Þórisson,

That’s easy for you to say

You say his surname like “thorisson” the “Þ” is a “th” sound

34. mariamb18
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

The Red Viper:
    What a nice place for a kingsmoot dont you think?http://www.digital-photo-web.com/south-iceland-around-vik-i-myrdal.html

An amazing place for a kingsmoot. Just as I had imagined…

35. Jake Umber
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

My guess is this is for the Kingsmoot, and they are going to make most of the Ironborn either bald or mostly bald with long hair in the back (think Balon). This could help differentiate them from others moving forward. I really don’t know though, could be anything.

Are we sure exactly what date they start filming?

36. darquemode
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Ruud,

Cragorn!
    Wow that would be awesome to have the entire crew hairless and tongue-less! XD
    Quite the visual impact indeed!

37. Halldor Bjorn Hansen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

They want bald men because the have to wear alot of prosthetic make-up that wouldn’t work on people with hair.

38. keewa
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Grijnwaald,
    Nah, the “ll” particle in Icelandic roughly translates as tl.

So eya fyatla yokutl

39. voiceareason
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Bald Extras? The only thing I can think of is the Shavepate, but it’s the wrong environment for Mereen. I guess they want to make the Thenns distinctive?

40. Nick Larter
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Euron’s minions is the first thing that popped into my head too.

Unless they’re going to do some scenes actually shot in Thenn itself, which as everyone knows is an incongruously lush, fertile valley warmed by hot springs and ickle volcanoes and where there’s a massive brothel, run by Benjen Stark and staffed by all those whores.

41. Laurentius
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

Use spoiler tags! There are many people who still haven’t read the books on acid.

42. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Ruud,

I agree, I think Euron’s crew will be bald and mute

43. Nick Larter
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Laurentius:
    Nick Larter,

I put them in, honest I did! But then they turned into beetles and the gecko ate them :O

44. Eljuma
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Permalink
  45. Pau Soriano
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

I’ll be on vacation in Iceland from 12-26th of August, I hope they still shooting there ;)

You guys know any way of finding out shooting schedules etc?

46. Ser Bro
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

My brain says Thenns but my heart desires the crew of Silence.

47. gentle watcher
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Gosh,first thing I thought of was intro of sparrows
    with bald heads.

48. Eleanor
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Grijnwaald: You say his surname like “thorisson” the “Þ” is a “th” sound

49. Redking
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Eleanor: To be precise, it’s the ‘th’ in ‘thin’ versus the ‘th’ in ‘the’. Þ is voiceless.

Eleanor has it.
    Þ (thorn) is voiceless. ð (eth) is voiced.
    I wish we used them in English.

50. Redking
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Only group of bald men in the stories is the Shavepates.

We haven’t seen Meereen. Why not film it in Iceland (in summer), so it doesn’t blend in with Yunkai and Astapor in the viewers eye? (Although, personally, I’ve wondered why Meereen and Yunkai shouldn’t be conflated in the TV series.)

Perhaps they intend to film Yunkai or Meereenese interiors at a local studio, to meet a production schedule, and there the shavepates would make fine sense. If you could effectively cut out an entire location, as a producer you would do that.

51. Joshua Taylor
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

My guess is that some of Meereen is going to be filmed in Iceland. That way the producers can’t be accused of racism. Lots of white people in Iceland from what I hear.

52. Chickenduck
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Redking: Eleanor has it.
    Þ (thorn) is voiceless. ð (eth) is voiced.
    I wish we used them in English.

We* used to… back like 800 years ago.

*Although I can’t really say “we” as most of my ancestors would have been speaking some historical form of Gaelic, Danish, French or Huron at that point!!

53. Chickenduck
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Oh, and I’d guess Iceland = Iron Islands for the Kingsmoot. Would be great. Keep up the Viking theme. Nina, could you cast Ray Stevenson, please? He can play whichever Greyjoy he likes.

54. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Joshua Taylor,

lol, that is my favourite thing about the fanbase. I love how people constantly complain saying “There are too many white people, the producers are so racist!”, while at the same time saying “How dare Daenerys liberate a city of non-white people, the producers are so racist!” :P

Anyway, although I agree that this would be a good location for the Iron Islands stuff, I still believe that the Kingsmoot itself will take place in season 5, with the last few episodes of season 4 setting it up. There is no reason for them to bring it forward, and based on the YarAsha scene at the end of season 3 it looks like season 4, or at least the first 1/2 – 2/3 of it will contain invented stuff, and then the last few episodes will likely contain Balon’s death and possibly Euron claiming the throne

Chickenduck,

As far as casting the Greyjoy’s is concerned, my hope is still:
    Aeron – the priest from season 2 (I was so tempted to say ‘the old man from scene 24′ :P)
    Victarion – James Purefoy
    Euron – because Mads Mikkelsen is caught up in Hannibal, I want to see Viggo Mortensen in the role, or failing that David Wenham

55. Chickenduck
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Regards the Damphair – it won’t be the old priest from S2. That guy was just a featured extra, and they ALWAYS recast them with actual actors, like Beric and Rickard Karstark from S1.

Regards Victarion and the Crow’s Eye: James Purefoy is great and all, but I strongly doubt he’ll be on the show. Didn’t seem interested when the question came up in interviews.

Viggo Mortensen would be great.

David Wenham is great (and Australian ;) ), but I wouldn’t use him as a Greyjoy. Maybe as Euron at a stretch… In my mind, he would best fit GoT as Edmure Tully, and Tobias Menzies beat him to it (and is also great).

On the topic of awesome Australian actors… maybe Alan Dale (Charles Widmore on LOST) could be Mace Tyrell? Alan Dale vs Charles Dance scenes would be amazing.

56. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

I admit they are likely to recast Aeron (assuming the character hasn’t been cut entirely), but I did like that extra :P.

And I was under the impression that the quote saying Purefoy and McKidd would never be on GoT was sarcastic (at least from Purefoy’s side, I’m not sure about McKidd although he is still my home for JonCon). I doubt that, given the opportunity, they would turn down a chance to be on Thrones.

I have no experience with Alan Dale’s acting, but he just doesn’t look like a Greyjoy as they have been depicted in the show, and he definitely doesn’t look like Euron. If you go by Theon’s appearance, you could believe that James Purefoy and David Wenham are related to him (especially Wenham), and they both definitely have the acting ability (I have never seen Wenham play creepy, but I’m sure he could do it). As for Viggo, I just want to see him on the show somehow. He was my original hope for Mance Rayder, but unfortunately that never happened (and I still don’t accept Ciaran Hinds, he just isn’t Mance)

57. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

For season 4 I’m really looking forward to the revelation of Joffrey ordering the assasin to kill Bran.

Here is how I think that episode should be handled:
    Start off the PW episode with a Flashback, even before the opening rolls:
    You see the scene in which Tyrion slaps Joffrey multiple times from season 1. Fans will remember that scene. Next instead of showing Tyrion’s conversation with the hound like in Season 1, we follow Joffrey walking around. Instead of going to see Cat like he was asked to by Tyrion, he goes out and finds the bandit who tried to kill Bran.
    Bandit: This is good steel my Prince.
    Joff: Yes Valyrian Steel
    Bandit: Won’t people find out this is yours?
    Bandit: If I may ask my Prince, has the boy done you any harm that you want him killed?
    Joffrey: Look at him, he’s a fucking cripple. It will be a mercy really
    Bandit: As you say my Prince

Scene ends and the Opening music starts to play

58. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Except that the show just doesn’t do flashbacks. Ever. We will get the information the same way we did in the books; Joffrey making comments to Tyrion before his wedding that makes it blatantly obvious, with the main difference being that it will be more obvious in the tv show because they don’t do subtlety. Ever. And if the viewers don’t pick up on it then, they definitely will when Tyrion states it outright when talking to Jaime during his escape.

59. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

The way the book does it is way too subtle for casual viewers. I guarantee it will fly over their heads. Unless Joffrey outright confesses what he did to Bran, I think a flashback is the only way to go. In this case they can make an exception. It’s key that the viewer know what’s going on in this particular scene as it happens and it will lose its effectiveness if they wait until an episode down the road to state it. It’s cruel justice having Joffrey die after we find out that he was a major catalyst in starting the war

60. Joshua Taylor
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

I disagree with your point that the show doesn’t do subtlety. Roose Bolton’s arc objects to that. There are many layered moments in the series. It just seems that the subtle parts in the book aren’t so subtle in the series.

It’s funny how overt Roose Bolton’s treachery is in the books and how subtle Littlefinger was as well. Yet in the show we get overt LF and subtle Bolton.

61. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Turncloak,
    A large number of the shows problems have been caused by them trying to cater to the casual viewers. This particular thing wasn’t particularly subtle in the books, though, as Joffrey barely stops short of spelling out that he did it. I can almost guarantee that they will do the reveal the same way as the books, except that it will be slightly more obvious.

Joshua Taylor,
    Fair point. I guess they were rather subtle with showing that Littlefinger is a liar and set Tyrion up in season 1.

62. Chickenduck
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    Chickenduck,

We must have overlapped between your reply and my edit. I got distracted halfway through the sentence when I wrote the original post and realised a moment after that I had the wrong actor in mind.

The Australian actor I want as Euron is Richard Roxburgh. He’s maybe a little on the old side… But he can do slimy. Americans probably know him best as The Duke in Moulin Rouge. He’s also Moriarty in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. In Australia he does a lot of TV stuff.

To be honest, he’s totally NOT how Euron looked in my head when reading, but I think he’d work on-screen. In my head Euron looked like an older, gruffer Russell Brand. But I don’t know if that’d work on TV.

Alan Dale is my fan pick for Mace Tyrell. (Dale’s actually from New Zealand, but we claim them all the time).

Oh, and I love Ciaran Hinds as Mance. He’s not what I pictured (my fan cast was Henry Ian Cusick), but he’s got serious Gravitas. And he CAN sing (he’s a professional musical theatre actor)… He just hasn’t yet on the show. Bards don’t have to be young and flowery – and the character needs to be a believable leader of unwashed cavemen etc. Give him more screen time with his visit to Winterfell and we’ll assess it at that point.

63. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:42 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,

He looks like he might be a good fit, but Viggo and David likely have the better ability, and David looks a bit closer to Theon/Alfie than Richard does. So I still hope for Viggo (just because I want him on the show), or David Wenham (who, honestly is a much more likely choice than Viggo).

Ciaran Hinds is brilliant actor, and he really nails Mance’s charisma and intensity. However, I’m not sure if it is him or the writing, but he doesn’t convey any of Mance’s charm. The thing that really made Mance stand out in the books is how he can quickly switch between charming and intense, and that just didn’t come across on screen at all. If not for the fact that he was built up for two seasons, I would consider Ciaran’s Mance to almost be forgettable. I feel that Viggo Mortensen would have made a much better Mance than Ciaran Hinds, but oh well…

64. Unbowd UnbentUnHodor
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:59 am | Permalink

These types of posts after a season finishes are the only things that keep me going. Im having GoT withdrawals. Hopefully they show the new characters at comic con!

65. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 4:26 am | Permalink

Unbowd UnbentUnHodor,

I have a feeling that we might get something soon. By comparison, last years new cast members video was posted on 13/07/2012 (the second day of comic con). So, assuming that their panel is on the same day this year I would expect a similar video to come out on Friday the 19th of July (or on Saturday the 20th, if you are in Australia and similar parts of the world as far as time zones are concerned).

Chickenduck,
    I finally figured out who Richard Roxburgh looks like! Grant Bowler (the lead actor in Defiance). They look scarily similar.

66. Chickenduck
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Heh, Grant Bowler is also an Australian TV veteran!

67. Chickenduck
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:05 am | Permalink

Unbowd UnbentUnHodor:

Ditto re withdrawal.

Although I still kind of enjoy the off-season – I am fascinated by the process of adaptation and greatly enjoy the speculation and the casting rumours etc.

68. Wintry Spy
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Sue Monforte,

In my opinion, Braavos must take place in Venezia or Firenze. The summer landscape of Iceland is for Vale, but isn’t better to film it in Greece like first season??

69. Boojam
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:32 am | Permalink

Rolph Spicer:
    Maybe they want bald extras so they can put wigs or other headpieces on them?

Yeah easier to fit bald people with wigs than ‘haired’ people!

70. HouseLark
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:56 am | Permalink

I’m relieved that they are not going to Iceland just when the the cold starts to bite. A season three wore on I became convinced that the rumours about the Icelandic weather affecting performances in season two are actually true. It’s a beautiful country so there should be lots more potential locations to exploit.

71. Jake Umber
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Do we have confirmation on when filming starts?

Posted June 27, 2013 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Jake Umber:
    Do we have confirmation on when filming starts?

Yes, it is July 8.

73. Bran the Builder
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

My old man and I will be in Iceland next month. He’s Icelandic AND bald – a perfect thenn

74. Michael274
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

What part of no flashbacks does your brain don’t understand ?

75. Lord_Grimjaur
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

…and judging by this site (online form for extras casting),

Embassy Films, production company that handles the Croatian part of the shootings, GoT is set to return to Dubrovnik August 20th to September 20th, then in Split (another coastal city in Croatia) Sep 20th to October 10th.

76. Turncloak
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Michael274,

These rules are not set in stone. Another rule is, “no one dreams except for bran”. An exception to this rule was made to show Sansa’s dream

77. Turncloak
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

I disagree, that scene was not subtle in the book because we can read Tyrion’s thoughts. However, if we just go by spoken word this scene will be lost to most non book readers. This is how the scene goes in the book, without Tyrion’s thoughts.
    Joff: I’m no stranger to Valyrian steel!
    Tyrion: Perhaps I shall change my gift to you. A dagger of Valyrian steel with a dragon bone hilt.
    Joff. No…No. A dagger is fine but with a different hilt.

Please explain how non readers will get this scene based on this book dialogue.

78. King DBC
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

“All I want for my birthday is a big casting clue!” – 2 Chainz

79. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Is it really that important that it is revealed who sent the assassin? Enough that you think they would use a flashback(never going to happen, BTW)? Even so, I think most astute viewers would get the reference to the Valyrian steel dagger with a dragonbone hilt. They could have a scene where Jaime questions Cersei as to why Catelyn thought they sent an assassin to kill Bran if they really want to drive home that Jaime and Cersei didn’t do it.

80. Turncloak
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I think it is important. But your right, if there is a with Jaime and Cersei (which happens in the books as well), that should be enough

81. Eljuma
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Just have Joffrey bring his father, about whom he can’t shut up about, and try to bully Sansa, which he can’t stop himself from doing, during his wedding.

Then Tyrion goes “You are a coward and nothing like King Robert. He would have been merciful to her!”

And Joffrey yells back “My father though that stabbing her crippled brother in his sleep was merciful, and I was the only one brave enough to pay a man to do it!”

There. 4 minutes tops of dialogue and reaction shots from the people around them. No flashbacks.

82. Turncloak
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 12:50 am | Permalink

Eljuma,

Like I said in my earlier post, Joffreyhas to outright admit his crime if they don’t use a flashback. Which is exactly what you posted so that works. But I do wish they could keep the scene the way it plays out in the book since Joffrey admitting his crime is too obvious. Without a flashback I’m afraid there’s no other way to go about it which I just have to accept.

Edit: having Jaime and Cersei discuss their lack of involvement in Bran’s attempted murderbefore hand also works

83. Ser Endrew Tarth
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

There will not be a flashback for that… If you can’t tell Joff is a pretty damn good actor. I don’t see why his reaction to the text posted above (esp as mentioned after Jaime and Cersei blame each other for it) would not be sufficient for the audience to put 2 and 2 together. Maybe you would be surprised how much the unsullied will be interested (brought up the who killed Bran question w/ unsullied friend and they nearly went crazy trying to figure out who would’ve ordered Bran’s death save Jamie or Cersei

also

“Joffrey: I won it in a bit from some whoremonger named Littlefinger, nothing to worry about.”

WTF?! Joff didn’t win anything in anything… ever LOL.