Lena, Kit, Natalie interview cornucopia!
By Fire And Blood on in Press.

Three fantastic interviews popped up recently!

First, Gold Derby interviews Kit Harington:

An early interesting tidbit is a deleted scene in which Jon has a chance to leave Ygritte and the wildlings early but doesn’t. Hopefully we get to see that in the DVD/Blu-Ray extras! Also love his “Cheeky Dane” quip about Nikolaj. Ha!

After the break, Natalie Dormer teases season 4 while Lena Headey teases beyond even that… Spoilers ahoy!

Another interview by Gold Derby, this an amazing one with Natalie Dormer. (Yes, they probably need to concentrate on keeping the interviewee on-camera when she’s talking rather than the interviewer.) As usual, Natalie is frickin’ flawless… and she teases a possible season 4 scene during a wardrobe question near the end.

Highgarden!

Lastly, Lena Headey speaks with Vulture regarding shooting various projects including Game of Thrones, as well as The Purge, and the sequel to 300. One interesting tidbit with regard to nudity on the show is quite revelatory (and possibly SPOILERY if she’s right):

I’ve said from day one that I’ve got no problem with nudity. I’ve done it throughout my career. But for this character, it’s been better for her regality and her feistiness to not bare her flesh until she has to. When it’s out of her control. And if that ever happens, it won’t be Cersei being seductive or sexy. She’ll be stripped. That kind of a scene will have more power if it’s not an everyday occurrence. I can’t wait for that.

Would be interesting if that sort of scene played out on the show, eh?

Fire And Blood: Good stuff, and good to see the cast is still happily doing interviews even while prepping for season four. Hopefully we can land one!

1. karacha
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

HODOR!

Great interviews, as usual.

2. AA
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Glad that Lena seems committed to the walk of shame scene. I’d say that’s one of the more vivid scenes in Feast and could be a powerful scene for the show.

3. sunspear
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

That Lena Headey quote is definitely interesting. If they do justice to the book scene we are all thinking of, it will generate more buzz for this show than the Red Wedding did (though not necessarily in a good way).

4. GerB40
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

I LOVE DORMER’S FACE!!!!!

5. Nancy
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

I love Lena. And she is right, when it does happen the scene will be powerful.

6. Al Swearengen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Lena needs to hurry up and read the books already.

7. Cary Storm
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

We can’t wait for it either, Lena.

8. Michael274
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

She obviously knows what her future plotlines are . She just didn’t want to sound spoilery.

9. darquemode
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

“That scene” and everything leading up to it and the fallout after should make for some amazing opportunities for Lena to show her acting chops off! Some seriously powerful emotional drama to tap into!

10. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

There are plenty of actors that don’t read the books. Like Charles Dance. It’s all about personal preference. Some don’t want to have future events affect their current take on the character

11. sjwenings
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Good point from Lena there. Now I’m glad we haven’t seen her naked yet, afterall.

12. Al Swearengen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Charles gets away with it cause he’s a masterful actor. Lena and Peter should read the books, they’ve been missing out on a lot of insight into their characters, Peter would be surprised to learn Tyrion isn’t the saint D & D make him outn to be.

13. Sam
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Wow, I’m shocked, as I made that exact prediction about Lena’s hint ever since I realised Cersei was being kept covered up in the show! I’m not usually very good at guessing these things.
    But I have to say I also think it’s been a really good idea for that character as it will definitely amplify the impact of that scene by a million.

14. babar
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

So what? In the end, they still work from what’s in the script.

The actors really don’t “need” to read the books.

15. Premislaus
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Go home you’re trolling

16. Andrew
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Really enjoyed the longer interview. It was so cool to see how much passion Natalie had with her answers, and how in depth she could get when not being constrained to the normal 10-15 minutes or less interviews at a convention or press event or something.

17. Bryon
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Funny that Lena hasn’t read the books but is foreshadowing possile events.

I’ve met Natalie at C2E2 and she is just amazing in person.

18. Al Swearengen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Premislaus,

I am already home lol. How is it trolling to wish for certain actors to read the books ?

People get bent out of shape way too easily on this site.

19. Adrian
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

That dude has a mighty chin

20. ebevan91
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Bryon:
    Funny that Lena hasn’t read the books but is foreshadowing possile events.

I’ve met Natalie at C2E2 and she is just amazing in person.

I think Lena said before that she has read the wiki.

21. Turri
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

I’d like to be there when Kit reads the script for next season.

22. Al Swearengen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Turri,

I am dreading that scene coming in S4 :-(

23. Voiceareason
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Wait, which one?

24. Voiceareason
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

“David and Dan have written prank scenes for actors, they did it for Alfie Allen”
    Lol! I actually really want to see these prank scenes!
    It sounds like there’s a really friendly atmosphere on set, which is good to know.

25. arden
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Voiceareason,

Ygritte dying

26. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Voiceareason,

Ygritte dying?

27. Al Swearengen
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Yup they guessed right. That moment was the most devastating for me, I had to put the book down for a good ten minutes or so to recover.

Watching it on screen is going to be tough.

28. Voiceareason
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

arden,

Ah, ok. For some reason I blanked out. Yes, that will be tough. Especially since I think Rose Leslie has made the character much more likable.

29. SDGM
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

I really love these interviews. It’s nice to see Kit so relaxed and I’m eating up all this in depth conversation. Natalie especially seems very passionate about her character. I wish they could sit ALL the actors down and pick their brains for about half an hour.

30. Cat of the Canals
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Natalie = HOT
    Lena= AWESOME!!!

31. Eleanor
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

The walk was painful. I can’t reread it. Even though I really hate Cersei.

32. Jentario
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Yes! Walk of shame confirmed!!! And we feared Lena won’t do nudity… She is truly awesome.

33. Jentario
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Voiceareason:
    arden,

Ah, ok. For some reason I blanked out. Yes, that will be tough. Especially since I think blank has made the character much more likable.

Any Unsullied can pick up on that! Spoiler tag your comment. BTW I changed “Rose Leslie” into “blank” in the quote, for those wondering.

34. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

Really? I completely loved the walk of pain. There is no book character I hate more than Cersei. On the show, she’s much less of a monster… for the time being. Once she imprisons Tyrion, tries to have him killed by ordering the mountain as her champion, frames margaery in an attempt to have her killed, sends Loras to siege Dragonstone in attempt to have him killed, plans to have Jon Snow killed, plans to have Bronn killed, and the rest of her book 4 stupidity, my hate for her will return

35. Turncloak
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

Oh and another thing.
    1)SHE BURNS DOWN THE TOWER OF THE HAND!
    2)She orders all dwarves to be killed in a stupid attempt to have her brothers head
    God Cersei is awful. Mad King 2.0

36. mags giantsbabe
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

I love the fact that Kit comes across as so completely relaxed and unassuming about Jon’s tv arc and not at all as insecure and defensive about it, since he easily gets criticized the most on this show. He seems to have really enjoyed filming scenes most (interestingly enough, all from season two) that were criticized quite a lot last year, like the fight with Quorin.

And kudos for giving shout outs to some of the other actors he admires on the show (Charles Dance, Jerome Flynn, Conleth Hill). And Gods, I can’t wait for his role in Greenland Time, since he will be playing a drunk driver who kills Vera Farmiga’s child in a hit and run, so I hope that movie happens for him.

37. John-Michael
    Posted June 26, 2013 at 11:56 pm | Permalink

God Natalie is pretty, probably one of the few people who I’d be speechless if I met them lol.

And very interesting what Lena said… hmm, She’s right ya know too, I foresee a certain hypothetical scene being very powerful!

38. loco73
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 1:56 am | Permalink

By the way as a side note, our Tyrion and Cercei…aka Peter and Lena, will be in a movie together, its called “Low Down”…see the link below:

PS I did see “The Purge” about a week ago. I liked it, it kind of keeps beating you over the head with its message, one I do support by the way, but there was no need to be quite so evident and heavy-handed. Still a suspenseful movie, shot for virtualy penuts.

Lena is fantabulous by the way, just like she was in “Dredd”. If you haven’t seen “Dredd” do yourselves a favour and see it. One of the best movies I’ve seen in a long, long while. Uhhh and Lena is a badass throughout the movie. MaMa, leader of the MaMa clan…LOL!

39. argilac's antler
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

Mustn’t forget the most idiotic move of all, giving the Faith Militant power over the crown.

40. loco73
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:02 am | Permalink

…and also see “The Station Agent” with Peter, directed by his friend and our own Todd McCarthy, as well as “Fugitive Pieces” with our very own Stannis, Stephen Dillane, directed by Jeremy Podeswa, an HBO and Showtime stalwart, who I still think should be given a chance at directing an episode of GoT!!!!

41. Hexonx
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 2:52 am | Permalink

Adrian:
    That dude has a mighty chin

Right? I kept thinking he has a LEGO head especially after the LEGO article earlier. If they ever make a live action LEGO movie he’s your man.

42. babar
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 3:55 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

She doesn’t order all dwarves to be killed, if I remember right. She promises a reward to whomever brings her Tyrion’s head. It leads to a lot of dwarves being killed, obviously, but it wasn’t really her intent.

43. Red Hound
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 4:02 am | Permalink

Cersei’s POV are the best of AFFC. You hate the character, but when you reach the end of a chapter of some other POV, you’re just hoping that the next one is going to be about Cersei (or Jaime).

44. Khal-A-Bunga
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 4:19 am | Permalink

I don’t know how this got passed over, but there is a new sample chapter from The Winds of Winter

Obviously there are MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS!!!

All I can say is that I can’t wait to see that play out on-screen. Epic doesn’t even begin to describe it.

45. RT
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 5:27 am | Permalink
  46. Michael274
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Khal-A-Bunga,

Ah, come on man ! That was not cool at all , i was really hoping for a new sample chapter .

47. sunspear
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 7:09 am | Permalink

Khal-A-Bunga,

If that’s the Arianne chapter, it’s been up since New Year’s.

48. Ser Tahu
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 7:25 am | Permalink

sunspear,
    It was just a page that just said ‘Hodor’ over and over again -_-

Anyway, this is off topic but I thought this was really worth bringing to everyone’s attention; Some of the cast of ‘Suits’ (which is awesome, by the way. You should all watch it), talk about working with Michelle Fairley just after the Red Wedding:
    The article made me quite sad ;__;

For the book readers: In the article, Patrick’s (who is unsullied) description of Michelle’s answers to his questions makes it seem to me that, at least at the time of that conversation (pre-RW), Michelle is not aware of Lady Stoneheart and her return to the show. This can mean either one of two things: D&D have not told her about LS yet, OR LS is cut from the show to be replaced by Beric. If it is the former (and I sincerely hope that it is), the article also confirms that Suits was filming while Game of Thrones aired, so there will be no scheduling conflicts if she is to return in season 4 (which we really already knew because of Conleth Hill’s appearance in Suits last year, but this confirms it).

49. voiceareason
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Turncloak,

A great list, but you’ve left out the worst part Cersei handing people over to Qyburn, innocent civilians. Easily the most evil thing she did in FfC

50. Unbowd UnbentUnHodor
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Natalie Dormer is amazing! such a hottie

51. Johnny Targo
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 10:00 am | Permalink

I think they were likely having video feed issues, which is why they kept the video of the interviewer on at irrelevant times, instead of no image at all.

52. May
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 10:55 am | Permalink

I am super excited for Cersei’s walk of shame, and I say that as someone who has harshly critisized the nudity on this show. That scene would be a perfect example of a spectacular use of nudity.

53. Adam Whitehead
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Michelle Fairley definitely, 100% knows about Uncat. She talked about dying and coming back as a zombie in an interview with the BBC in Northern Ireland before Season 1 even aired.

54. GeekFurious
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    sunspear,
    It was just a page that just said ‘Hodor’ over and over again -_-

The article made me quite sad ;__;

For the book readers: In the article, Patrick’s (who is unsullied) description of Michelle’s answers to his questions makes it seem to me that, at least at the time of that conversation (pre-RW),Michelle is not aware of Lady Stoneheart and her return to the show. This can mean either one of two things: D&D have not told her about LS yet, OR LS is cut from the show to be replaced by Beric. If it is the former (and I sincerely hope that it is), the article also confirms that Suits was filming while Game of Thrones aired, so there will be no scheduling conflicts if she is to return in season 4 (which we really already knew because of Conleth Hill’s appearance in Suits last year, but this confirms it).

We know she knows. She’s talked about it.

55. prosimy
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

There’s one with Nikolaj too!!

56. lori
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Turri,

Why? Kit’s one of the very few that has read the series.

57. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

lori,

He has read the first 4 books, but decided that he wouldn’t read the rest until the TV series was over.

58. Isabelle
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

mags giantsbabe:

Seriously. At the very least, it will put to rest all of these ridiculous criticisms about his acting abilities. Personally I’d like to see him in a good ole BBC drama!

59. Turncloak
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Khal-A-Bunga,

Apparently someone in NeoGaf has access to the prologue of a A Dream of Spring:

“Hodor”, murmured Hodor as he slumped into his seat. His legs were aching from climbing these steps so many times. He thought back on his betrayal. Everyone had thought him a simple stable boy. Little did they know that Hodor was playing them all for fools. No one had expected him to smite the Wolves and the Lions. No one had expected a simpleton to tame the Dragon.

“Your Grace?” asked the Hand. “How shall we deal with the threat of the Hot Pie? With the White Walkers coming to his cause, they hold superiority on both land and sea. How can we possibly defeat them?”. Hodor looked at his Hand. “Hodor. Hodor? Hodor Hodor Hodor! Hodor”, snapped Hodor. “Yes, your Grace.” Stannis scurried out. Only the King and the Lord Commander of his King’s Guard remained in the hall. “Hodor”. “Corn?”, replied Mormont’s raven. Hodor look at him deeply. “Hodor”, said Hodor gloomily. Hodor felt fear run through him. How could he possibly defeat the Hot Pie in single combat? The Great Other was no one Hodor wished to face, but he could not meekly surrender the Kingdom of Men.

60. cozmeesah
    Posted June 27, 2013 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Yes, but he’s read everything that would be in Season 4 for Jon. Lori was replying to the post of Turri commenting on wanting to be there with Kit when he reads the S4 scripts. Yet he’d already know everything.

61. Fienix
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Isabelle: Seriously. At the very least, it will put to rest all of these ridiculous criticisms about his acting abilities.Personally I’d like to see him in a good ole BBC drama!

Just read an article that announced Kit is playing the lead role in a movie titled “Pompeii”. So not only will we get to see if his acting chops can hold up to a starring role, but we’ll get to “see” a lot more of him, physically. Exchanging heavy winter clothes for skimpy tunics… salivating women, unite! ;-)

62. Turncloak
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Isabelle,

So far I’ve seen Kit in Game of Thrones as that awful silent Hill movie. I think his acting is very overrated. We’ll see what he pulls in season 4 and his other projects

63. Juego de Tronos
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Very interesting interviews!

64. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

prosimy,

Just finished watching the Nikloaj interview and I really enjoyed it. His take on the Jaime/Cersei relationship is fascinating. His take reflects what I always felt about them…that Jaime probably loves her more than she loves him. Cersei loves Jaime because she needs him and he’s always come through for her in the past. But now that he’s lost his hand and he’s begun to change, I think we will see Cersei realize he can’t help her as much or at least not in the ways she needs him to, so she will turn to others. And of course, Jaime would be hurt by that….his character can’t see Cersei’s real feelings. Jaime thinks she really loves him. I think Season 4 will be another watershed for Jaime and his growth.

65. Isabelle
    Posted June 28, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Fienix: Just read an article that announced Kit is playing the lead role in a movie titled “Pompeii”.So not only will we get to see if his acting chops can hold up to a starring role, but we’ll get to “see” a lot more of him, physically. Exchanging heavy winter clothes for skimpy tunics…salivating women, unite!;-)

Indeed : ) I think it’ll be fascinating to see if he can hold his own as a leading man. A good indicator for future seasons of Thrones, perhaps. And I’m definitely not complaining about the costume choice!

Turncloak:

The combined forces of Deborah Kara Unger, Martin Donovan, Malcolm McDowell, Carrie-Anne Moss and Sean Bean himself couldn’t save Silent Hill from being a terrible film, never mind Kit. Not the best point of comparison, sorry.

We saw how good Kit was in Season One, and he’s had a few good moments in the seasons that followed (the look in his eyes as Jon killed Qhorin Halfhand was so wretched and broken, not to mention powerful, and remains one of my favourite moments to date). Jon Snow stands out to us in the book because we’re in his head and can appreciate how wily and perceptive he is, how very upright and in the later books, unassuming. Only one of those things translates well on screen, and with the time needed for other characters and storylines, the writers have made little space to flesh out his other attributes, especially as Jon is inherently introverted (and from what I’ve seen on him, Kit seems to share this with his character, so he’s not going to seize chances for the spotlight). Yes, his stuff with Ygritte verged on cheesy, but I can’t even knock that too much because it appealed to so many people. Point is, he hasn’t had the material to shine yet, and Jon’s insightful, introverted, sullen-bordering-on-melancholy nature doesn’t exactly lend itself well to the screen in the first place. Kit’s had a lot of hurdles to overcome, and he’s done just fine so far. If anything, I’d say he’s underrated because he’s not on anyone’s map yet. And hey, D&D may even be intentionally underplaying Jon’s significance so it isn’t as obvious who’s up-and-coming as a main player. We’ll see.

The second half of ASOS does belong in a large part to Jon, however, so I join you in looking forward to seeing what they make of Season Four. If they allow Jon’s character the time and space to reach his full potential, reading the reactions of Kit’s critics will be fun. I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised :D