Looking Forward Season 4, Part 1: Lysafinger
By Oz of Thrones on in Editorial, Speculation.

Lysa

Oz of Thrones:  Now that I know my Lysa itch will be scratched in Season 4, all expectations have been met and there is no further purpose in discussing what may be coming next season.  See you lords and ladies in March, 2014!

Yes, I realize that there are many other storylines to discuss.  And I realize that there is some guy named the Red Viper that will be making an appearance.  I also realize that the Lysa/Littlefinger pairing will likely be a rather small part of the Season to come, or so I assume.  But heed my words: I don’t care.  As long as Lysa is back, I am there.  As Varys and Littlefinger discussed in regards to the Iron Throne itself:

Varys: “Ugly old thing”

Littlefinger: “Yet, it has a certain….. appeal.”

Varys: “The Lysa Arryn of chairs.”

My Correlation:  I want an Iron Throne.  I want more Lysa.  They both just have a certain appeal.  No purpose in discussion.  But we do have nine months to kill, so let’s do it anyway!

Quick Side Note:  After getting started with the “by-request” Looking Forward S4, I realized it was going to be quite lengggggthy.  The decision was made to split it up into parts so that the Unsullied non-book readers can discuss each storyline as they please, and so the Sullied will have more posts for laughing at us for having no clue what is coming.  Welcome to Part 1 of our off-season, show-only speculation.  I sincerely hope you enjoy…… now, back to Lysa!

Look at your woman.  Now look at Kate Dickie.  Now look at your woman.  Now look at Kate Dickie.  Hopefully, your woman cannot successfully duplicate this glare because if she can, you may very well be doomed my friend.  Lysa can see your shortcomings, your lack of self-confidence, and the dark secrets you try to hide.  I can’t speak of the Lysa from the books as I remain Unsullied, which is my solemn vow.  But from the show-version of this great tale, TV Lysa doesn’t take any shit from anyone.  So, what happens when Cold as Ice meets Chaos is a Ladda?

Lysafinger:  Out of all the matrimonial plotlines that are left to be fulfilled, this one intrigues me the most.  I may be building this one up in my mind only to be let down when/if it actually happens, but Littlefinger/Lysa together just sounds like a horse-and-cart wreck of epic proportions.

I realize that if the obvious traditions hold true, Lysa won’t have much, if any, say in the arrangement.  The Hand of Paw Paw Tywin is rarely crossed.  If my fellow Unsullied have forgotten, the reason for this arrangement is simple as I understand it, and that is simply for the Lannisters to secure the Vale.  The marriage of Sansa and Tyrion secured the North (or so Tywin believes).  The upcoming marriage of Cersei and Loras will secure the Reach.

As we all know, there are holes in the Paw Paw Plan.  Sansa and Tyrion have to make baby, and Tyrion has sworn not to enter Sansa’s bed until she is ready (which could be never).  More importantly, Bran and Rickon are believed to be deceased but are very much still alive (a fact that Tywin should be made aware of relatively soon since Ramsay is aware of it).  And Jaime is back in King’s Landing, which means the odds of the Loras/Cersei nuptials just got remarkably worse unless, of course, the Lancel Sandwich prediction comes to fruition.

The intrigue lies in the reaction of Lysa once Baelish arrives and delivers the news.  For one, Baelish always had a Westerosi crush on Catelyn.  Do you think Lysa would take kindly to playing second fiddle?  Hmmmm….. me thinks “no.”

Now, the plot of this subplot is thicker due to the wedding from hell at the Frey joint.  Are we to believe that Lysa will go quietly with Littlefinger after she finds out that her sister and nephew have been murdered due to the plots and schemes of the man who wants to control her kingdom?  “Oh sure, Petyr.  I would love to marry you.  Let us make haste and consummate our coming marriage immediately!”

No.  I don’t think so.  Not my Lysa.  The only positive I can find per what little history I know of is that Lysa and Catelyn grew up with Baelish and they may still remain childhood friends.  At the small council meeting, Baelish also commented that Lysa was “positively predisposed” toward him.  We shall see.  My thoughts are that Littlefinger may get the middle finger from a very mad, emotional woman.

The Other Side of the Coin:  Although Littlefinger seemed thrilled when Tywin gave him the order to marry Lysa, how blissful is Baelish?

“Honey, I am headed out to check on the brothels.  Be back later.”  (for Lysa response, see above picture)

“Sweetheart, I am going to the small council meeting.” (see above picture)

“My dear Lysa, won’t you accompany me to the neighborhood joust?” (see above picture)

Wouldn’t this be an enjoyable relationship from this day until your last day?

Beyond my modern day, domestic affairs silliness, there is another serious factor that crossed my mind: How is Baelish going to react to the news of the Red Wedding and the fact that his beloved Catelyn has been slain?

Hear me out:  I think it is safe to assume that Littlefinger will be quite upset when word from the Twins gets to him.  Would there be enough rage within him to give up serving the realm and form an alliance with Lysa and possibly others who are looking to oust the Lannisters?  Titles breed titles, and Baelish technically already has claim to Harrenhall.  Add the Eyrie and Littlefinger could be considered a player in the Game, if he is not already.  Also worthy of note is the conversation between Varys and Lady Olenna in which Varys says, “Littlefinger was born with no lands, no wealth, no armies.  He has acquired the first two.  How long before he has the army?”  Varys continues, “He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes.”  Granted, the conversation at the time was concerning acquiring the key to the north (Sansa), but how unlikely is it that Littlefinger makes a power play of his own?

Oh well, just a thought.  Sullied, you can all cease with the uncontrollable laughter now.  While yours can discuss adaptation and who may be playing who in casting next season, the Unsullied have only speculation.

And what of Robin?  I can only hope that our breast-feeding boy has graduated to a bottle or a sippy cup by now…… A Song of Ice and Pacifier perhaps?

But if not, then breast-feeding boys….. Unite!!

A man will return in a week or so with part 2 of the series.  Comment!  What are your thoughts on Lysafinger?  What storyline shall we discuss next?  Or feel free to randomly say hello.  But as always…. No spoilers PLEASE!!!!!

I hope you all have a great week and weekend.  If you are in the States, then Happy 4th!  If you are not, then Happy 4th anyway!  Regardless of where you are, please read all warning labels when injecting your bottle rockets with wildfire.  Let’s let Jaime be the only one who loses a hand.

Until we meet again, may there be peace in your realm.  -Oz

1. Laurentius
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Nodor

2. D'Arcy
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Loving the speculation!

Hoping you cover Arya & The Hound.

3. H. Stark
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

I was dissapointed because we did not see a glimpse of Petyr/Lysa back in season 3, so i´m looking forward to that storyline.

4. arden
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Stannis

5. John
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

@Oz and his Unsullied army:
    Don’t you care at all about upcoming characters and/or actors?
    Your text sounds like that a video like this one (for season 3, so no spoilers) wouldn’t get you excited at all..
    Season 3 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)
    I was just wondering..

Liked your text, won’t say anything more about (as I’m sullied). Looking forward to next week for more. :-)

6. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

John,

If that is what the text implied, then that is absolutely NOT what I was trying to infer. I am certainly very interested in the new characters and possible locales. But I don’t want too much information as I am sworn to remaining Unspoiled, and I wouldn’t want to know too much even if there was no oath.

That being said, I plan on discussing some characters that I hope to see that have been mentioned in the show alone in a later post. That cool with you, Chewie?

7. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

ytdn,

Well stated!

Oz,
    Always love your wit. Carry on.

8. Kyrenna
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Liked reading something about the Lysa Arryn/the Vale. That storyline does tend to get forgotten in GoT postings n whatnot, and I happen to kinda love it, too :)

I’m sullied as hell, so I must shut up now.

9. Lady of Highgarden
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

ytdn,

dizzy,

Thanks! I’d forgotten about that :)

10. mariamb
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Happy 4th to you as well. Love your speculation!

As one of the Sullied, I am also looking forward to seeing Lysa Arryn in S4. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Jaime and Cersei.

11. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

NO SPOILERS- This is a spoiler-free, Unsullied post, everyone.

12. valyrian
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Oz!Sullied here, so just saying hello :)

13. John
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

H. Stark:

And don’t forget the set, too!
    I think the Vale / Eyrie is one of the most impressings location they had so far

14. Kit
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

So many people just dismiss Lysa as a character; I’m glad she intrigues you.

I’m Sullied, so I’ll say no more, only that it’s fascinating as ever to read Unsullied thoughts, and I appreciate you posting them. :)

15. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Lysa is a really fascinating character. It’s interesting to see her through the eyes of an Unsullied. I think a lot of people dislike her but I’ve always enjoyed her. She’s complicated. I hope her and Petyr have some additional scenes. I think it could be fun.

16. Rafael
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the post! Lysa and Littlefinger is very interesting pairing indeed.

17. House Farwynd
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Great idea to have several concise predictions, rather than one very, very long.
    These articles could last well into the fall (with all these story lines laying around), and I for one am happy about that!

18. thewhitefawn
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

The character of Lysa, and especially her background with Littlefinger is really fleshed out in the books – if you like her character so much, I highly recommend digging in! All of the details just can’t fit, and this storyline is one that is much more detailed in the books and only lightly touched upon in the show, so again, if you find yourself just really wanting more Lysa – its all there in the books. I think her presence is really fascinating and I always like reading about her, and watching of course! I’m also excited to see her return – I hope some more details will be part of the show next season!

19. thewhitefawn
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

John,

Absolutely! I miss the Eyrie in the intro :P

20. DOR-HO
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

HODOR

21. Card of Doom
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

These posts really help pass the time.
    It feels like an eternity before season 4

22. Card of Doom
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

And people are saying that the Lysa/LF/Cat background hasn’t been clarified but most of the history of some major characters has not really been addressed.
    How much does anyone that didn’t read the books or watch the History & Lore know about Robert’s Rebellion or the rise and fall of the Targaryens?
    It’s the one issue where I have been a little disappointed by the show.

23. dizzy
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

I lent the Blurays to my neighbor (unsullied), got them back in less than a week and I asked her what she thought. The first thing out of her mouth was “I hate the old hag lady”. A question mark went over my head as I was thinking ‘What the hell? Old Nan?’ After several expletives it wasn’t till the breastfeeding comment that I figured out she was talking about Lysa. She hopes Lysa never shows up again. Anyways, another convert added. They subscribed to HBO just to watch season 3 on demand. I think they watched them in record time.

24. Selmy
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Great Post Oz!
    Despite being Unsullied you have great insight into the story and I can see you think these things through very carefully.
    Its very difficult to predict Littlefinger’s actions and I suppose Lysa’s as well because, as I’m sure you could tell from season 1, she’s pretty unhinged!

Looking forward to seeing the Lysafinger storyline next season!
    Also looking forward to your next posts, especially what you think Stannis might get up to!

25. ssgorik
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Hello.

26. Jenny
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Love your thoughts on it. I’m a sullied so all I’m going to say is…….whether you are right or wrong I feel you will enjoy what happens. It’s one of my favorite/memorable reads in the books. Love your jokes and old spice references!

27. Grijnwaald
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

ssgorik:
    Hello.

Hello, how are you?

28. GeekFurious
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I don’t think you unsullied will be disappointed by this story line. Or by much of anything in season 4. The sullies, however, will likely whinge on for months about changes.

29. JP Johnson
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Sullied here. Just wanted to say I love your stuff and will be reading them through the summer.

30. Cliomuse
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

JP Johnson:

Ditto!

31. Greenseer
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Card of Doom:
    It’s the one issue where I have been a little disappointed by the show.

To be fair, the show has certainly given us all we need to know (as viewers) about the rise and fall of the Targs, IMHO. We’ve had a reference to Aegon conquering in each season so far; we’ve even had the names of the three dragons he and his sisters rode (for instance from Viserys in the bath, S1; Arya to Tywin in S2; Shireen to Davos in S3) and we all know how the Targs ended due to Jaime’s storyline and Maester Aemon’s ramblings in S1. Even Joff gave us a potted history of House Targ this season when he gave Margaery the tour of the Sept. And I think most viewers have understood that Robert raised a rebellion and killed the ‘crown prince’ and Ned was part of it all. Sure, the show hasn’t gone into too many deep background details, but they may in time. Let’s keep hoping!

32. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I think fascinating is a great term for Lysa. Knowing of her from the show only, she seems to be someone who could do anything at anytime. The intrigue to me comes in the fact that she is complicated and as Selmy put it, “unhinged” at the same time.

Not to mention the fact that the Eyrie is truly an awesome setting. Could we potentially see someone else stuck in a skycell?

Don’t answer that.

33. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

valyrian,

Hi Val, and to all of the random Sullied hello’s. Really glad you guys and gals enjoy my ranting.

And also, thanks for understanding about the spoilers on this thread. When OitF drops the “Spoiler-free” hammer, she does it to keep the spoiler comments from getting out of hand. Most of you use the tags, but if it were to continue, most likely someone would slip up and write something we don’t need to see. And for that, I thank her.

So blame me…. I am sure the temptation for the Sullied must be immeasurable.

34. Alen
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

I’m really looking forward to seeing her again. The actress is brilliant. I love crazy characters who are odd and fascinating. And I hope we’ll even get some aditional scenes between her and Littlefinger that weren’t in the books.

35. YvyB
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

That was great Oz … I feel the evil pixie in me wants to jump up and down and tell you what happens … but I’ll be good ….:D

Oo and you’ve just reminded me of someone I haven’t painted yet! Cheers !.

36. Endless Giraffe
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I love the artical and your opinions, didn’t expect anyone to want to see Lysa again THAT badly.

37. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

YvyB,

Thanks for being good! I am here to tempt.

What type of paintings? Link?

38. Bran The Builder
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

I for one like the fact that there is a big time gap between each season. I enjoy the banter and the speculation that goes on. It also gives GRRM that much more time to finish his books.

39. YvyB
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Oh um … did n’t want to shamelessy plug
    Feel free to delete .. target=”_blank”> http://yvyb13.deviantart.com/art/Viserys-Targaryen-382091153 that will take you to my page … lots of GoT and ASoIaF art. Hmm possible spoilers tho’

:D

40. 3eyes
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

So glad to have you back, Oz! I share your fascination with Lysa, and am looking forward to LF’s arrival at the Eyrie. Given that Lysa is not only “unhinged”, but also fears and hates the Lannisters, I’m guessing that LF will find himself in over his head *rubs hands together gleefully*.

41. Al Swearengen
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

wtf where did my comment go ?

42. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

YvyB,

You didn’t shamelessly plug. I asked.

And very nice. I didn’t go past Viserys since you mentioned the “s” word. But awesome work.

And Al Swearengen,
    I have no idea.

43. YvyB
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Aw that’s a shame … ha ha there’s like 100′s ! I just know you’re an ardent Unsullied and there’s quite a lot of Book Characters that haven’t been on the show yet . Seen as you love Lysa so much when I do her I’ll give you a link ;)

44. Rygar
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

YvyB comin’

There needs to be more Dick ie in season 4.

45. Highgardener
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Reading these posts is seriously great fun. Also maximum respect to unsullied who pay attention! I admire you for not having started the books yet- after s1 I just read everything…twice….until now! Keep up the good work nobody is laughing your pov is interesting to us!

46. Lyanna_Targaryen
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

I rewatched season one over the course of the last two weeks whilst folding laundry, and I totally forgot what a stone cold biatch Lysa is. Absolute nutter, that one. And Lysafinger as a couple name is hilarious.

Glad you’ll be posting throughout the drought, Oz!

Posted July 3, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen:
    wtf where did my comment go ?

It (and the comment you were replying to) was a spoiler. So, it was rightfully deleted. How do people STILL not understand what a 100% unsullied thread means?

48. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

YvyB,

That’s awesome! Do you have more?

49. Lyanna_Targaryen
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Sky Aero,

I’m not sure what about “don’t even mention the books” isn’t clear, but yeah. No good dude.

50. Aegpn the Conqueror
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

What happens when the lord of chaos meets the lady of madness? I know oh ho ho ho

51. KingNed
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Littlefinger is always fun to watch hes so devious and ruthless hes like the gus fringe of westeros whatever he does in season 4 looking at his track record it wont be preety. Oz, please talk about The Royal Engagement next. It has a lot of storyline possibilities with joffreys madness his hatred of tyrion cerseis hatred of the tyrells etc.

52. Sara R
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Lysa exceeded my expectations in season 1. Really looking forward to seeing her crazy ass again. Delightful

53. Susie-Q
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

I’m re-reading book 1 for the 3rd time and Catelyn has just arrived at the Eyrie with Tyrion. How perfect is this timing?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the speculating about next season! It’s so much fun!

That’s all I have to say because I am very Sullied…..

54. FictionIsntReal
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Hoster Tully died in season 3. Lysa doesn’t have any elders telling her what to do (I’m assuming the Blackfish isn’t going to threaten to knock her teeth out if she doesn’t marry Baelish).

55. WompWomp
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

That is an unfortunate article title.

56. Chris
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

The thing about Lysa is that, in the midst of a whole host of clever, or not so clever, characters moving, maneuvering, plotting, planning, scheming etc, we don’t really have any that seem truly batshit crazy.
    Oh Ramsay Snow may come close, but he’s more Hannibal Lecter sadist than real lunatic.
    Joffrey is garden variety sadistic and stupid.
    And we never got to meet Aerys Targaryen.
    But Lysa Arryn… yes. Magnificently insane.
    We don’t get to see much of Lysa in the books and, even there, she is more a mildly neurotic, besotted, fat dowager.
    A larger treatment for Lysa, and I suspect she’ll get one, could offer a splendid chance for some sublime craziness and delicious scenery-chewing.
    Let’s see . :-D

57. Turncloak
    Posted July 3, 2013 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    YvyB,

You didn’t shamelessly plug. I asked.

And Al Swearengen,
    I have no idea.

I love your devotion to avoid spoilers! CHAOS IS A LADDA!

58. Isabella
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Oz
    As very sullied viewer, there are many reasons I am looking forward to S4. But watching (well, reading) you experience the story for the first time is near the top if the list. Please, speculate away about Everything Kings Landing!

59. Isabella
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Um, the Lancel Sandwich prediction?

60. Ken
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 1:03 am | Permalink

Still wishing for “The Dancing Master” to turn up alive. I know..I know…but it would be a treat to see he and Arya re-unite, now that she has used her blade in anger.

61. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 1:19 am | Permalink

YvyB,

I just spent the most amazing few hours with your paintings and drawings online. Such amazing facial expressions! You have a gift. How many did you do before you saw GoT?

62. Arya Dunyett
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Oh Great and Hilarious Oz,
    I love to find your articles when I open WIC. They are refreshingly silly but thoughtful, and you find the odd POV on which to focus your wondering wit.
    The friend who watches GoT with me is Unsullied, and bullies me into leaking tiny details of the books by threatening to search online for spoilers. I hate to ruin her surprises. So I appreciate your religious determination to remain spoiler-free.
    I’d love to hear your predictions for season 4 Castle Black with an injured Jon Snow and a murdered LC.
    Best to you, Ozette, and the Ozlings.
    And thanks ever so much for your fine efforts!

63. Cielo
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Love this website ! I have read all the books and watched all three tv seasons. Can’t wait for the next one, meanwhile you guys keep us busy with news and great comments. Thank you all. Oz of Thrones you are awesome!

64. blackbird
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 3:57 am | Permalink

This Sullied loves to read your speculations! Keep them coming, please :D
    Am I the only one who thinks Lysa is creepy?

65. vlad
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 4:04 am | Permalink

Wow, this was a good reading :))), generally your predictions are good, but this time… wow, you’re going to be blown away. I hope D&D keep everything from the books, all the reveals. On the other hand, how could any unsullied guess what was going to happen??? The HBO show is so bad when it comes to foreshadowing, it seems they don’t think the viewers are capable of thinking back even a year.

66. Chickenduck
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 4:06 am | Permalink

Isabella:
    Um, the Lancel Sandwich prediction?

It’s a theory relating Tywin’s plan to marry Cersei to Loras.

It involves using Lancel as “sandwich meat” to keep things working in the bedroom for the two of them.

67. Chickenduck
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 4:10 am | Permalink

GeekFurious:

That’s generally what happens!

68. YvyB
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Ms. D. Ranged in AZ,

Thank you so much ! If you follow the link and then click on my name it should show you my page and then from there my gallery… 1oo’s :D

69. YvyB
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 5:03 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

That’s so nice! I’m so pleased you like ..
    The truth is it was GoT the show that inspired me to pick up pencil and brush after 20 odd years.. Cat I think was the first.. Then after S2 I HAD to read the books ! In 6 weeks I was done . That inspired more art from the book characters and wolves soon became a favorite. (One of which was used in a band video , a song about Arya, I’ll gladly put a link if anyone would like to hear it , it a great song!)
    Thanks again , makes me so happy :D

70. YvyB
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 5:04 am | Permalink

Aegpn the Conqueror,

You tell me ;)

71. UF
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Lysafinger, lol!

Well I don’t like either Littlefinger or Lysa, so it’ll be interesting to see how things turn out.

I never thought about Littlefinger’s reaction to Cat’s murder… but, given Cat’s last refusal (when he delivered Ned’s bones), given his personality in and given he’s getting the “second prize”… may be he won’t be that shaken.

72. Boojam
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Was it not reported that , right here, on this site, that Kate Dickie had contracted to shoot scenes in season 3?
    If so those where not used.

Or was that just a report that she had signed a contract for future work in season 4, which is coming up.

73. valyrian
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 7:29 am | Permalink

YvyB:
    That was great Oz … I feel the evil pixiein me wants to jump up and down and tell you what happens … but I’ll be good ….:D

Oo and you’ve just reminded me of someone I haven’t painted yet! Cheers !.

I had he exact same thought!

74. The North Remembers
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 7:32 am | Permalink

amazing post as usual, Oz. But I’ve always wanted to ask you this : how do you hold on to your vow to remain an unsullied? I’m an unsullied as well but I’ll probably get my copies of the books in a fortnight or so as I couldn’t resist the urge to know what happens next and 9 months is far too long. Excited as hell to read them!

75. valyrian
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 7:46 am | Permalink

Boojam:
    If so those where not used.

It was reported, and apparently she did shoot scenes, but they mut’ve been pushed back to the next season

Posted July 4, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

vlad,

Careful, you’re walking a thin line there.

77. UF
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 8:44 am | Permalink

The North Remembers:

I’m an avid book reader but what keeps me back in this case is the fact that I really, really, really love the show. I think it’s the best show I’ve ever watched. And ALL of my Sullied friends are disappointed in one thing or another and how it got adapted (like Red wedding, Daario Naharis etc.) And I know from previous experience I’d be the same, nitpicking on details, comparing them to the book and getting upset because they’re not the way I imagined them (books are always better).

So I read the book after the season has finished, and I prefer to be kept in the dark about what’s about to happen, because in that way, I enjoy the show much more.

78. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Isabella:
    Um, the Lancel Sandwich prediction?

Here is a link Isabella
    Look under the Cersei/Loras unlikely prediction and keep in mind that this post was written before the RW. I truly knew nothing.

79. Brienne
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Sullied here, and marveling at the difference between the two Lysas. She repulsed me in both incarnations, but onscreen she is much scarier and more fascinating. I can’t help but REALLY hope her storyline closely follows the books.

80. Starkfell91
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Oz,

I know your not a book guy but just by watching the shows you have to know that Littlefinger is already a major player in the game.

81. Zack
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Brienne,

I know what you mean. A few of her moments would rank pretty high on a list called “Top Ten Things Zack’s Going Nuts Waiting to See in Season 4.”

82. Isabella
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Oy!

Well, it is HBO

83. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 4, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Isabella,

It is indeed. So anything is possible. But unlikely nonetheless.

Thanks for commenting! Glad you enjoy my small contributions!

84. YvyB
    Posted July 6, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Hey Oz I’ll be doing that pic tomorrow ..I have found some good source material..

85. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 6, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

YvyB,

Awesome! Let me know when it is ready. Looking forward to it!

86. Oz of Thrones
    Posted July 7, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink

YvyB,

Wow…. Just wow. With water colours no less. Beautiful. You truly have a gift. And dedicated to Oz? A man is not worthy, ma’am.

87. YvyB
    Posted July 7, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink
  88. Gosensgo
    Posted July 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

That was a great read. I kind of forgot about her because her son annoys me! Lol!! I’m fully unsullied and I am very much looking forward to this story line… Especially after the red wedding. I truly wonder how it will affect this due to cats murder :( still sad…