Game of Owns: Comic-Conning
By Winter Is Coming on in Podcast.

In today’s episode of Game of Owns, the crew welcomes Simone Boyce to the podcast! Simone shares her Comic-Con experiences from this past weekend, including what it was like to be at the Game of Thrones panel.

Episode 125 – Comic-Conning

iTunes | Download | RSS

Simone Boyce joins the show to talk all things Thrones and SDCC 2013, recounting some of the more incredible moments during her work and play there this past weekend, and causing waves of jealousy with your GOO hosts.

Discussion Topics

Posted July 25, 2013 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Right here milord,
    Stannis

5. Critical Geek
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 2:51 am | Permalink

On the “write like the wind” front:

Gaiman’s defense came well before “write like the wind”. The quote “Grrm is not your bitch” is even in the song lyrics.

6. CC
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Khal and Khaleesi owned the panel! damn right!

7. Rygar
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Omar Conning!

8. BrendanSnow
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

9. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

BrendanSnow: Holy Crap! You’re Right!!!! There’s no Syrio Forel in the In Memorium Video. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaand, my brain just exploded.

Aziz Ansari. I didnt know you were a GOOber. lol

10. Lancel Sandwich
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

EW says Indira Varma is Ellaria Sand!

11. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Okay, here’s a link to a story about the video of GRRM trashing the guitar. My favorite bit of it, the own I tweeted to you all, was when he basically does a “mike drop” with the remnants of the guitar. Most excellent gesture!

12. Zaprowsdower
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Critical Geek:
    On the “write like the wind” front:

Was just coming here to say this. GRRM is not your bitch is from a question on Gaiman’s blog that predates that song. That’s why he says “George RR Martin is..” And the crowd responds.

13. Keith
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

I love Emilia Clarke BUT Michelle Fairley was far more deserving of an Emmy nomination. I’m still quite disappointed about that. Hopefully the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild will come correct.
    I would LOVE to see the show itself win for Best Drama. That would be awesome.

14. Arthur
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Keith,

Bah… Michele was awesome but she didn’t have enough screen time. Same with Natalie. I’m just angry they keep electing Peter. I’m glad Emilia got the nod but if you want to talk about who deserves the Emmy I really think Charles Dance was amazing and he had a lot of screen time.

Charles Dance IS Tywin!

15. Keith
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Arthur,

Arthur, I respectfully disagree. Michele had almost as much screen time as Emilia. Also keep in mind that Emmy voters based their performance related votes on one episode submitted and not the whole season. Michele’s work in The Rains of Castamere was one of the performances of the year. Like I said, I hope she gets another chance.

I totally agree about Charles Dance. FLAWLESS!

16. dragosh
    Posted August 11, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

maybe a repost but i love this picture