Day 19: Photos from the Þingvellir shoot
By Hear Me Roar on in Filming, Media.

The Icelandic website Vísir reports they are shooting at Þingvellir today, one of the three known locations of this years two-week sojourn of the GoT team in Iceland. Nothing new in the article itself, but the beauty of it is that it comes with photos of the team and extras in armour.

Credit: Vísir

UPDATE: Vísir has posted a video interview with Thrones producer Chris Newman from the set of today’s shoot, where he more or less confirms that this particular scene is set in the Vale. Interestingly, he notes that this scene is a part of Arya’s storyline and says that both Rory McCann (The Hound) and Maisie Williams were on set. I also like the bit at the end where he says they are using Icelandic horses but filming them from far away to pass them off as full-sized horses!

Two more photos after the break.

Hear Me Roar: I think the design of this armour is something we have not yet seen on the show, at least it is not immediately recognisable. Our best guess is these guys could be from the Vale. I can see it as a fleshing out of what little we have seen of the place in season one, and the scenery in those photos matches the previously established look as well. What do you guys think?

Credit: Vísir

Credit: Vísir

SPOILER: In addition to that, and completely coincidentaly, a driver recorded this video that includes him passing by the team getting ready for the day of shooting, with Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) and Daniel Portman (Pod) standing by the road in costume! Awww.

1. GeekFurious
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

I partied near there a few times. Sigh. Memories.

Such beauty.

2. Rafael
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Nice pics :)

3. Fourth of His Name
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

This is getting me so excited!!!
    Also, shouldn’t the Brienne and Podrick bit be tagged, so as not to give it away to non-readers that their stories meet?

4. Michel
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

I agree these armour looks like anything we had already seen in the show. But is there any notice of Shopie Turner or Aidan Gillen in Iceland? If not, I guess it would exclude the Vale

5. Nezzer
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Oh, yes, the Vale. I always forget about the Vale. Yeah, we haven’t seen their standard troops yet. They could be Valemen, yeah.

6. Nezzer
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

And there’s a blue flag behind some of those extras with the exact same tone as the Arryn banner in the show. Now I’m sure it’s the Vale.

Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Fourth of His Name,

It’s after the break, but good call. Thanks, fixed!

8. Nanuk
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I picture the vale’s armour with hints of blue and more agressive (falcon-like) helmets.. Maybe it’s Randyll Tarly’s soldier’s. The green/kaki hues on the clothes calls to mind a huntsman.

9. Jonathan Loesche
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Is Pod smoking a cigarette at 6:08 in the video? Suspension of disbelief forever broken!!

10. Krill
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

They are.
    Look at the fight between Bronn and Ser Vardis, the soldiers in the background are dressed in the same way (pale green cloack, chainmail.)

11. ATG
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Yep best guess is Vale footmen.

12. biobi
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

wait… isn’t it supposed to be snowing in the Vale at this point?

13. KG
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Jonathan Loesche,

Yeah every time I see him now, I’ll know he stinks like a bar ashtray.

14. Bard
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

biobi:
    wait…isn’t it supposed to be snowing in the Vale at this point?

Not before the last Sansa chapter in ASOS.

15. Nick_Scryer
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

biobi:
    wait…isn’t it supposed to be snowing in the Vale at this point?

Can’t remember exactly but I think it only starts snowing in Sansa’s last chapter with “Only Cat” in it so that would be episode 10.

These pics look more like LF/Sansa’s arrival to the Vale to me anyway.

16. Lord Of The Waters
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Yeah I would agree that these scenes will be from the Vale. That scenery in that last shot looks almost identical to the scene where Tyrion, Bronn, etc get into a fight with the Mountain clans in series 1.

17. darkshot117
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

biobi,

Not until later, and even then it is only at the top of the Eyrie I believe. That’s why they have to travel down the mountain later.

18. fan
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Off Topic but when HBO runs out of material to shoot before George writes another book, any chance HBO do Mini-series a la Starz: Spartacus? Maybe prequel to the “War of Five Kings”? That would allow Sean Bean to return as Ned too.

19. Nick Larter
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Video here!

Seems to imply that Arya and the hound will get to the Eyrie?!?!

20. Roranicus
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

That corner of a banner we see on the first pic kinda looks like House Arryn’s. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/File:House_Arryn_tourney.jpg As you can see, blue background. We can’t see the actual sigil but it’s another hint.

21. R
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

TV interview with Chris Newman on the shooting site.

22. Reverse Nielsen
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

No one recognises the armour? Look at the breastplates and those strange woolen “pauldrons” in the first two photos; this isn’t “in the same vein” as the Arryn guards, it’s the exact same getup. I also recall the valemen in the Eyrie wearing lots of mail (compared to the other warriors in Westeros) so all of this is a dead giveaway. Not to mention the surroundings of course

I’m very curious about who those lordly looking lads in the third photo might be portraying!

23. Ruud
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Where are the 20 bald extras? Still a mystery to me.

24. FlayedManofBK
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

fan,

i doubt it since a huge budget would be required, an entirely new cast would be needed since the principals were 20 years younger, AND GRRM hasn’t really revealed all the details of the War yet /this would take the thunder out of those reveals. so.. they’ll just go past the books since they already know what happens in broad strokes.

25. Rabid Grunt
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Are those monks/priests in the 3rd pic?

26. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

I think they are going to play up how close Sansa and Arya get to each other before Arya leaves for Braavos.

27. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Monty Python ?

28. Deekan
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

I wonder how many other random GoT sitings there are on Youtube just waiting to be found.

29. Garlan the Gallant
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

Thanks for the link! I think that tidbit makes sense:

After the RW, Arya and Sandor attempt to journey across the Vale to the Eyrie. They stop by at a village for some weeks (mayhaps the people in the 3rd pic are the smallfolk?). But then the villagers kick them out because Sandor could draw bad attention. It’s revealed that Tyrion’s Mountain Clans are ravaging the place, so Sandor + Arya then head back towards the Riverlands and have the deadly duel at the Inn

30. Nick Larter
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Nick Larter,

I think they are going to play up how close Sansa and Arya get to each otherbefore Arya leaves for Braavos.

Yep sounds reasonable to me.

31. Davidbc
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

someone should tell that guy that Littlefinger is coming… Hide yo kids hide yo wife.

32. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

Yeah, the Iceland website is pretty much posting the sightings we retweet or tumbl, at this point lol.

33. Davidbc
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

How does one pronounce Þingvellir?

34. Bard
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Arrgh, spoiler tags…could someone edit my post?

Edit: Thanks.

35. The Dragon Demands
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Well, Sandor does *try* to take Arya to the Vale to ransom her to Lysa, after her mother and brother die at the Red Wedding, but they don’t get very far through the mountains because the Hill Tribes are making bold attacks these days (because the Lannisters rewarded them with better-quality steel weapons, remember)…so this isn’t out of keeping from the books.

36. Mister Stoneheart
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Davidbc,

Thing-vet-lear

(English pronunciation)

37. Davidbc
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Þ is a thorn?

38. Bard
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

It looks like Iceland will be used for different locations: The Riverlands and/or the Vale (Maisie Williams is there) and north of the wall (Rose Leslie). Which also means that Ygritte will probably die a bit later compared to the books.

Maybe the troops aren’t the knights of the Vale (though that’s more likely), but Stannis men instead?

39. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

The Vale most definitely. I think it’s gonna look great. Can’t wait!

40. Eddward
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Could the guys in the robes in the third pic be sparrows on their way to Kings Landing?

41. bon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Bard,

I don’t think so, it’s summer in Iceland now, so she’s south of the Wall.

42. The-Valonqar
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Here is what I saw in the evening news. Not much new, but we see the hound for a second so its worth it. Also another interview with Chris Newman. The bit about Game of Thrones is at 17:30.
    You might have to use header hacker to see this though. Let me know if you cant see this but want to, then I can upload the clip to youtube.

43. Ser Osis of Liver
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Jonathan Loesche:

No, the big question is after Show!Brienne meets Show!Pod (and Show!Pod’s, um…talents), is she still the Maid of Tarth? That could explain the cigarette afterwards :)

44. Seonaidh Ceanneidigh
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

The-Valonqar:

Seeing Rory and Maisie was worth it :D

45. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Is that Rose Leslie at around 18:32 or just someone with very similar red hair? We know she’s in Iceland already. Just wondering if they’re shooting some wildling scenes near the Wall the same day they’re doing the Arya/Hound stuff.

46. Sean C.
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Michel:

No it wouldn’t. They just wouldn’t be filming outdoors scenes.

47. The-Valonqar
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I was wondering the same thing. That girl really looks like her and is wearing similar clothes as in this photo https://twitter.com/VardaonArda/status/360549955921928192/photo/. My guess is that it is her, but I don’t know what they could be filming with her.

48. Bard
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Maybe Rose Leslie is just a guest? She’s the only one who hasn’t been spotted in a costume there yet.

49. Jake Umber
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

That is definitely Rose Leslie. I screencapped the video and zoomed in and it matches the picture of her on Twitter too. I’m leaving the office in a rush right now or I would upload.

50. Stone Cold Bastard
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Great update.

Looking forward to getting some spoilers.

51. Arya Dunyett
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Rose appears to be wearing her snow boots in that candid shot. I can understand if she’s removed most of her furs when she’s not on camera.

52. Sean C.
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

It sounds like they actually get to the Giant’s Lance in the show. I was expecting them to tease a Sansa/Arya reunion for much of the year, but that’s getting them physically closer than I expected.

53. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    Fourth of His Name,

It’s after the break, but good call. Thanks, fixed!

Maybe tag the Arya bit at the top too? Or just write that there may be spoilers for the show at the top, so Unsullied can be cautious.

54. Ren Snow
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Those armors look a bit like the one worn by the Eon Hunter stand-in in Season 1

55. WheelofIceandFire
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

I hope this means Arya is going to be given extra content for the season

56. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

I haz a confused….Brienne and Pod don’t go into the Vale, do they?

57. Darquemode
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Awesome vids today!

I saw the when I looked into the old farm house at Stöng in Þjórsárdalur the other day. I’m glad they are using it for the series! I love the look of it!!

Also I uploaded an edited version of just the GOT part of the last video if anyone cannot access the Icelandic site.

Has anyone transcribed that video yet? Translated the Icelandic narration to English?

58. Nezzer
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

WheelofIceandFire:
    I hope this means Arya is going to be given extra content for the season

Yeah, it looks like she will reach the Bloody Gate, but will be denied entry to the Vale. I think the extras are refugees fleeing from the Riverlands trying to move to the Vale and being rejected.

59. Ren Snow
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter: Yep sounds reasonable to me.

Not only them but also Brienne and Arya

60. Miss. Nina
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

If Rose Leslie is there, I wonder what they will be filming since we don’t really know what happens after Jon leaves her

61. GeekFurious
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter:
    Ygritte is in Iceland

and a different view of today’s shooting here:-

“Stríður straumur stjarnanna til Íslands þessa dagana virðist engan endi ætla að taka.”

That should be the opening of a poem.

62. Josla
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Mmm… I’m pretty sure I saw the design of those armors before in season one, the nights of the vale were definitely wearing them.

In regards of Brienne and Pod… does it makes sense that they’ll meet this season? I could be wrong since it’s been a while since I read the books and I never do re-read, but i’d assume Tyrion’s escape to be at the very end of the season and consequently Pod looking for him shouldn’t happen so early imo

63. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Ms. D. Ranged in AZ,

Iceland is being used for the Vale,the Riverlands, and likely some scenes just South of the Wall.

64. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Josla,

Well, as we know, the show does not always follow the books. Jaime and Brienne are already in KL before the PW. My guess is the reason Pod leaves will be different. He may go to help find Sansa just to protect her since he is no longer of use to Tyrion.

65. Narkel
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Someone posted this pic of Arya and the Hound on FB.
    It’s from the same place or it’s false?

66. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Does anyone else worry about the show being able to depict the climate changes that will happen in Westeros, with it being Autumn and Winter approaching? By now the Vale should be cold, and it looks like it is very warm and sunny in these shots.

67. Arkash
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Josla,

Pod will probably leave KL after Tyrion is imprisonned, it is possible Tyrion himself asks him, from jail, to find his wife.

68. Darquemode
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Narkel,

It’s a screencap from the most recent video from RUV.

69. The-Valonqar
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

Intro: Stekkjargjá in Þingvellir was closed today from public tourist traffic because of the taping of the show Game of thrones. Almost 300 people work on the show(she is talking about in Iceland).
    Guy in green shirt: This is the third time the film crew from GOT come to the country. The first two times the producers wanted winter weather. Now they want sun and Icelandic landscape in “flowering” (not sure how to translate) and that seems to have come through for them.
    Voiceover: Filming started here last week. This morning the group came to Þingvellir to film in Stekkjargjá, more inwards then Öxarárfoss.
    Chris Newman talks in English. No translation needed.
    Voiceover: The weather and landscape was used to the fullest extent in the filming in Stekkjargjá. More then 200 people work on the project, both foreign staff and actors but also Icelandic technical crew and extras. The committee of Þingvallir park granted permission for this project and high demands are made for (dont remember the word but it means that they should treat the place well, not litter or put bike tracks and such).
    Einar Sæmundssen: GOT is probably one of the bigger things we have had here but we are used to a lot of people here in Þingvellir so we just watch closely and take good care of things.
    Voiceover: The stuff that is filmed here will be used for the 4th season of GOT that premiers next spring. Naturally there is some secrecy over how those scenes will look even though the storyline is known from the popular books the show is based on. Stekkjargjá was therefore closed to public traffic today because of the filming and most people seemed to be calm about that, but this is not a place with much traffic compared to others in the park.
    Chris Newman again, untranslated.

70. Arkash
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

I have the same concern regardind climate !

Give us some Autumn ! Enough Summer !

71. Darquemode
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

GeekFurious is there anything of interest in the narration of this video?

The GOT segment begins at 17:30 in or so.

Ignore that. It looks like someone already translated it for me.

Thank you TheVolunqar!!

72. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Some interesting developments here. Arya and the Hound in the Vale seems like a solid move as it emphasizes how yet again Arya has been shafted by fate as well as keeping the influence of the Hill Tribes relevant.

Brienne and Pod is also an interesting and slightly unexpected move. I was expecting to get very little screen time at all and so I’m at a loss as to what Brienne and Pod will be doing together. Perhaps Brienne is trying to visit Lysa to personally inform her of her sisters death? That’s not a very strong reason though, so most likely these events happen after the PW, on the hunt for Sansa. If that’s the case though, it’s going to be a very long hunt!

Any other ideas?

73. BeatleFloydZeppelin
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

If I remember correctly It will begin to snow in the vale at the end of this season (Moon Window chapter). It looks like the stuff being filmed right now is mid season, so there shouldn’t be snow yet.

74. Jacarb
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:

Nah, I think they’ll manage. They’ve already set a precedent for going quite far for the right setting, and if they wanted a fall scene I’m sure they could save some external shots for September and October. Plus, with the wackiness of Westeros seasons, they get some flexibility. If I recall correctly, GRRM effectively cut multi-year autumn from the story when he decided the time-jump wouldn’t work out.

75. BeatleFloydZeppelin
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor,

They probably just moved the Brienne plot forward. Perhaps she will leave to find the stark girls shortly after the purple wedding. I’m fine with this change because her story in AFFC was boring and near pointless. Of course this makes me wonder what she and Pod will be doing in season 5

76. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

The-Valonqar:
    Darquemode,

Chris Newman talks in English. No translation needed.
    Chris Newman again, untranslated.

Nice, thanks.

77. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

BeatleFloydZeppelin,

Yeah, added that in. It’s what occurred to me straight away but then I dismissed it because it seemed too early. But really that’s probably the only sensible possibility. My only worry is that, as you say, it will get boring. Heck, I didn’t care for that storyline when it was stretched over one book. Even with big changes it will be difficult for them to motivate it over two seasons.

78. Darquemode
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

The-Valonqar,

Thanks for that!

I think we say “in bloom” here… and I think the word you were looking for might be “reverence” or maybe some other synonym like regard, respect, deference etc?

79. Arkash
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

It is possible they bring Shagga son of Dolf, Chella, Timmet son of Timmet and co back to drive the Hound and Arya back to the Riverlands.

80. Paul M
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

But is that Pod in the video with Brienne, it looks more like Gendry to me, which is puzzling I know, but maybe how Brienne gets to the BWB, if she finds Gendry who would believe that Arya is with them.

81. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor,

I think they’re only going to get into the very beginning of it. As in, like the Jaime-Brienne scenes in season 2 (as in, 2 or 3 scenes). I don’t think it would be smart of them to put a meaningful part of that plot so early, and D&D are probably wary of this.

82. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Paul M:

It’s definitely Pod, but that doesn’t rule out anything.

83. BryndenRivers wannaB
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Agreed the south shore is loaded with rivers and waterfalls which are a main attraction during summer in Iceland. Possibly also the Iron Islands, the southernmost point on this map feels spot on for Iron Islands: http://icelandhotspots.weebly.com/map-of-iceland.html

84. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Yeah, that would make sense.

Have to say, seeing Pod whipping out a cigarette made me chuckle. The innocent squire really has become a bad boy.

85. Easteros bunny
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

My sources tell my arya could be travelling with the hound I season 4.

86. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Easteros bunny:
    My sources tell my arya could be travelling with the hound I season 4.

Mind = blown

87. Selmy
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Hmm

Yeah those definitely look like knights of the Vale to me.

So it seems – Arya and the Hound will go to the Vale and attempt to reach the Eyrie so the Hound can deliver Arya to Lysa. I’m assuming they never make it to the Eyrie unless they’re gonna deviate from the books a fair bit.

We also know that Brienne will be travelling with Podrick next season. I doubt they will be going to the Vale, I think Iceland for their scenes will be a jazzed up Riverlands.

The Rose Leslie sighting indicates that Iceland will also be used for some scenes set in the North. They are definitely utilizing Iceland a lot this year…

88. Maynard Plumm
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

I know everyone says that that’s Daniel Portman (Pod) smoking the cigarette in the video, but I keep watching it and I’m seeing Joe Dempsie. The hair (especially the sideburns) looks more like Gendry’s and not much like Pod’s at all.

89. Selmy
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Maynard Plumm,

They do look similar but the costume is far more Pod…

90. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Maynard Plumm,

Nah, it is Pod, but I can see where you’re coming from:

Pod seems to have cut his hair (unless he wears a wig). He definitely looks different from normal (and more like Gendry than usual). But Gendry wouldn’t be wearing those clothes and his face looks different imo.

91. Chickenduck
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

Easteros bunny:
    My sources tell my arya could be travelling with the hound I season 4.

I found a book the other day that suggested the exact same thing!!

92. Jentario
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor:
    Maynard Plumm,

Nah, it is Pod, but I can see where you’re coming from:

It’s all in the shape of the head, man. It’s definitely Pod. A Gendryfied Pod.

93. Chickenduck
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Also, Icelandic sounds cool, and looks cool written down (thorn and edh are pretty unbeatable). Might learn it some day…

94. Paul M
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Maynard Plumm:
    I know everyone says that that’s Daniel Portman (Pod) smoking the cigarette in the video, but I keep watching it and I’m seeing Joe Dempsie.The hair (especially the sideburns) looks more like Gendry’s and not much like Pod’s at all.

That’s what I think too. The cheekbones are there. It could make sense for Brienne to use Gendry to try to find Arya. The last we saw he was set loose by Davos to go who knows where. We can assume he needs to end up back in the Riverlands to be in the right place for the next part of his story (which we don’t know yet) – he meets Brienne later in AFFC and she thinks he looks like Renly, which is something I bet the producers bring in as her love for Renly has been carried through her character arc.

I also think the producers will have the reveal of Lady Stoneheart to be linked in with Brienne’s storyline, and to get to that point she needs to meet Gendry again. I know this is taking us late in AFFC but it is possible the scenes being filmed take place at the very end of the season – in fact the Brienne “hanging” will most likely be her cliffhanger ending.

95. moophasa
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Does this confirm that the Brienne/Pod/Gendry speculation was wide of the mark? Is Joe Dempsie confirmed to return? What will his plot be do you think?

96. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor:
    Maynard Plumm,

Nah, it is Pod, but I can see where you’re coming from:

Thanks for this, even with Ours is the Fury earlier info, and those insisting,
    I remained quite unsure.

Always strange when those going on speculation voice their opinions with
    such certainty. Yours and Fury’s set the record straight. Thanks again for
    these highlights.

97. Selmy
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Paul M,

I too am thinking that Brienne’s last scene of season 4 will be her encountering Lady Stoneheart. (Rather than a random Frey we’ve never seen before).

I think viewers will then be left to assume she’s dead until around halfway through season 5 when she reaches Jaime.

98. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Maynard Plumm:

Haha I didn’t have the guts to correct everyone but I am absolutely seeing Gendry too

99. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor:
    Maynard Plumm,

Nah, it is Pod, but I can see where you’re coming from:

100. The-Valonqar
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Darquemode,

In Bloom is what I meant. Thanks for that.
    The second word has a broader meaning in Icelandic and I probably translated it wrong. I googled it and it probably had the meaning ,,Agreement for visitation/temporary custody” in that context.
    But there was nothing of high value in the text so we should not get to hung up on it.

101. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Basically I think the show runners want to give Dempsie as much screen time as possible…so why not eliminate Pod and have Joe take that role? they need to eliminate characters and streamline the cast whenever possible after all

102. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck: I found a book the other day that suggested the exact same thing!!

May I ask what book ? In a previous post thread, there was brief discussion of
    Arya and Sandor tracing the Brotherhood Without Banners route possibly
    towards High Heart or Acorn Hill. Or even meeting up with Edric Dayne
    If Gendry reconvenes with BWB, that would be grand.

Podrick and Brienne’s trek through Westeros and onward will get
    underway as well, following following Tyrion’s rapid fall from grace
    and other King’s Landing chaos.

This does direct thoughts to lady Stoneheart, more like season 5.
    However Pike and Dorne may make brief mention first, in season 4.

103. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

The Loon,

( ; there ya’ go *>*

104. Khal-A-Bunga
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Easteros bunny:
    My sources tell my arya could be travelling with the hound I season 4.

105. ser faps a lot
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

can someone tell me why they are jumping to book 4 with brienne and pod already? by the time they get to season 5 onwards, the world will still be waiting for book 6! they will start making stuff up for pod and brienne in the show and divert even more than they already have!!! arggggh. and I’m not one of those people that hate it when they divert, infact sometimes i like it.
    sorry for my ramblings.

106. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

WildSeed:
    The Loon,

( ;there ya’go*>*

Haha can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not

107. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

It is completely Portman in the video. He has a superficial resemblance to Joe Dempsie, but they don’t look THAT much alike. He’s wearing the same red outfit Pod always wears. Daniel Portman is a smoker, and there are posed/model-style photos of him smoking a cigarette that where his face looks just it does in the video. People consistently hold their hands/arms certain ways when they smoke.
    The whole Gendry-going-to-travel-with-Brienne thing has always been fan speculation. We don’t know yet what Joe Dempsie’s status is with the show this season, as he hasn’t been spotted in Belfast or anywhere else.
    As for timing, my thought is that this scene with Brienne will take place near the very end of the season, so it won’t really cut much into AFFC.

108. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury:

109. Arthur
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

Smokers…. Yuck!

I can understand the elder people still smoking because when they started they were unaware of the price they will all soon pay and got hooked…

But when I see younger people smoking it really makes me… Disgusted!!!

A smoker model??? Wow…

110. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Arthur:
    Ours is the Fury,

Smokers…. Yuck!

But when I see younger people smoking it really makes me… Disgusted!!!

A smoker model??? Wow…

A smoker model? haha you could have just said model…most models smoke

111. Sean C.
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

The Loon: All valid points…but you can’t deny the expanded role the show runners have given Gendry…and Pod has been set up with his expanded character to be an emotional death…I just don’t see Gendry disappearing for a long time…Pod I cam easily see them getting rid of as a way to “trim the fat” my point is when I first watched that video my initial reaction was “that’s not Pod that’s Gendry” and as a book reader I should have assumed it was Pod…but I didn’t

They gave Pod much more attention in season 3 so that people would remember who he is, presumably for future story. With Gendry they simply used him because he could fill in for another character and save them introducing him.

112. The Loon
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Sean C.: They gave Pod much more attention in season 3 so that people would remember who he is, presumably for future story.With Gendry they simply used him because he could fill in for another character and save them introducing him.

Well they invented Ros and gave her a big role…and what happened to her? I could be wrong my only argument is that looks to me like Joe Dempsie in that dashcam vid

113. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

The Loon: Who knows what Gendry will be wearing since I’m assuming this is a shoot for a later episode in the season…maybe they switch Gendry and Pod’s roles in the story…they have already made Gendry a much more involved character than in the books…I can see Pod dying and then Brienne running into Gendry and he takes Pod’s clothes and identity…would be a departure but not more so than Gendry going to Dragonstone and replacing Edric Storm

You may be onto something, definitely not crackpot, and reasonable speculation.
    Still early to challenge the scope of S4 GoT , but this suggestion may prove
    useful in weeks to come.

114. Carne
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

It’s Portman in the video. No one else. Not Dempsie.

115. Arthur
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

The Loon,

Lol… When I watched that video and saw that cig hanging from Daniel Portman’s mouth I fantasized about rolling up on the GoT set and doing exactly this to him…

116. WildSeed
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

The Loon,

Ros’s role allowed for entrance to secret dealings within King’s Landing.
    Her appearances highlighted Littlefinger, Varys, even Joffrey, for whatever
    political machinations or conflagration in their mind’s eye. From maester
    Pycelle to the rest, they spoke aloud to her, and thus the audience. I barely
    paid her any attention. She was beautiful and met an unfortunately grizzly
    end.

117. Ours is the Fury
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Arthur:

But when I see younger people smoking it really makes me… Disgusted!!!
    smoker model??? Wow…

I’m making a generalization but ah…I’ve never met a model who didn’t smoke. Not that Portman is a model. When I said modeled shots, I meant they were promotional type photos that were taken, not candids. See?

And frankly a lot of the cast smokes. They show them smoking all the time outside events, in modeled photos for magazines, etc. So I wouldn’t bother getting enraged at Portman. You’re going to have to hate the whole cast if smoking’s a huge problem for you. :)

118. House Snow
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I saw it mentioned in another thread but I wouldn’t be shocked if Brienne had a role in the show fight with the hound. It would be a good way to spice up a boring storyline

119. Arthur
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I don’t hate anyone for smoking. I just think it’s a stupid and disgusting habit… I have friends and family whom I love that are smokers. I feel bad for people that smoke. I don’t know what the allure is. When I see someone putting a cig in their mouth I don’t see a bad boy or a rebel type, I see a fool…

Might as well inject rat poison into your veins.

Those pics you linked are funny… What a wannabe bad boy he is… Oh look he smokes he is soooo cool.

Funny thing is smoking is less and less common now in post industrialized nations but in 3rd world countries its becoming huge.

120. Carne
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

I’m not sure a person who has been smoking for a long time thinks “I’m so cool” whenever they put a cig in their mouth.

121. Arthur
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

Carne,

Right… But at first they did. Then the nicotine got them addicted. Now they are just a slave for what ever brand of nicotine they think is the coolest to smoke.

122. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Arthur:
    Carne,

123. Song of Ice & Scotch
    Posted July 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Ragman’s Harbor: Dude, worry about your own life. And people will continue worrying about their own.

Yes to all this… better to make firewood out of that soapbox. Out of genuine curiosity, which cast members smoke?

124. Uther Greenshirt
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 2:12 am | Permalink

from what we have seen of the Vale they do tend to wear heavier armour on average than the rest of the realm.

125. tysnow
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

I wonder if these scenes will be for the final episode, it would go by too fast if it was early and even midway through season four. I remember reading somewhere that it was mentioned they were going to be filming episode 10 scenes in the first few weeks of production.
    I sense major changes coming that take the show in a modest direction away from some stories from ASoIaF.

126. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 2:24 am | Permalink

tysnow,

Eventually there will be changes, but none of these photos suggest that there could be any changes to Arya or Sansa’s story. Arya is going to Braavos, this has now been hinted at in the S3 finale. And the fact that Brienne and Podrick are together is something they are actually keeping from the books.

127. Ser Tahu
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 2:40 am | Permalink

Off-topic:
    For those who are interested, I have updated my season 4 and 5 predictions to factor in the information that has come to light in this thread (namely the stuff concerning Brienne and Arya’s storylines). The predictions can be found here:
    It should go without saying that there are MAJOR SPOILERS for the upcoming seasons so Unsullied should stay away.

And just for the record, I do not believe there is any indication, or reason, that Brienne will meet Catelyn in season 4. If the Stoneheart reveal is done with Brienne it would just be confusing for non-readers. “Hey, Catelyn’s back and she’s killing her friend for no reason!”. They need to establish that Catelyn has become a horrible vengeance driven person since coming back to life, so I believe that the Stoneheart reveal will happen in a similar way to the books, with her hanging a member of House Frey (probably one of the two Freys that negotiated ‘peace’ terms with Robb in season 3). I then believe that Brienne will meet Catelyn mid-late in season 5, and that Brienne will show up in front of Jaime in early season 6.

128. Direpup
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 4:59 am | Permalink

fan,

Love the idea, but would get a bit confusing for everyone….especially if there is a long time between series. I’m a sullied and I still have trouble keeping track of characters & plotlines

129. Nanuk
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 4:59 am | Permalink

What about Stranger and Craven?

Importing foreign horses into Iceland is forbidden, and Icelandic horses are very small… Someone as big as Sandor will look ridiculous ahorse, like riding a pony..

130. Hodoreo
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 5:22 am | Permalink

I hope the Brienne/Pod scenes are kept until episode 9 or 10.. because they really have to happen after Tyrion’s trial. Brienne could still get screentime with Loras and Jaime and Pod could maybe get a few scenes with Tyrion. As for the Lady Stoneheart arc, they need to absolutely nail the hanging scene with the reveal of Catelyn as the final scene of Season 4. It has to give the ‘shit just got real’ feeling I got from the epilogue of Storm of Swords.

131. idler
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 6:13 am | Permalink

Jentario: It’s definitely Pod, but that doesn’t rule out anything.

No. It’s definitely Gendry.

132. Arkash
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 6:28 am | Permalink

Hodoreo,

Imo, Brienne’s quest will start around episode 5 (after the PW). Jaime will charge her of findind Sansa immediatly after he disapearance and Tyrion, from jail, will charge Pod to accompany her (this would provide a great scene between Jaime and Tyrion in jail talking about Sansa and Tyrion offering Pod to accompany Brienne). So, the whole second half of the season would be Brienne and Pod having their adventures on the road, ending with, I’m betting on it, the reveal of Stoneheart and the hanging.

Thus, we would not see Brienne for quite the whole season 5, just in the end, the twist with her coming back to Jaime.

133. jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 7:05 am | Permalink

134. jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 7:06 am | Permalink

idler: No. It’s definitely Gendry.

I can’t argue with that. Except, you’re wrong.

135. Hodoreo
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 7:37 am | Permalink

Arkash,

That seems all too rushed… what’s the point squeezing her entire AFFC arc into the 4th season with all ready a tonne of stuff happening? Yeah her quest will start early enough in the season, after she has dealt with Loras and received Oathkeeper. Pod was never interested in Sansa, so I don’t see him abandoning Tyrion before the trial, as he is very loyal. He followed Brienne because he thought Sansa would be with Tyrion.

136. jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Hodoreo,

They can make Tyrion ask Pod to find Sansa while he’s in the prison.

137. moophasa
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Nanuk,

I think the idea of characters’ horses being important has gone out the window. To be honest it’s not really important to the story and nobody would really notice anyway.

Also, that is clearly Daniel Portman in that video. Looks nothing like Joe Dempsie.

138. idler
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 8:32 am | Permalink

jentario: You are seeing what you want to see. That is DEFINITELY Pod. And I don’t see why we can’t get both. Hell, I really think we will. If not this season than next. But that’s definitely Daniel Portman in Pod’s costume.

Something wrong with your eyes? Might be a similar jerkin, but that’s Joe Dempsie.

139. Nick_Scryer
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

I’m going to guess the Brienne/Pod scene is from one of the later episodes.

It’s possible that Jaime goes to Tyrion to tell him he’s sending Brienne out to find Sansa after all the events of earlier in the season and Tyrion convinces him to allow Pod to accompany her.

Or Tyrion sends Pod out on some errand before shit goes down and eventually Pod runs into Brienne

Interestingly Art Parkinson is cast in “Dracula” http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/les-miserables-game-thrones-actors-594166

Hope they spend a LOT of time on Arya/Hound this year. Classic combo.

140. Nick_Scryer
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:12 am | Permalink

idler,

Lol no it’s not. You must be trolling.

141. bon
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

idler,

Are you joking or trolling or are you completely blind, it’s Podrick???!!!!

142. Arthur
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 10:13 am | Permalink

idler,

That’s Pod, from the side it looks like Gendry though…

143. dio westeros
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 10:47 am | Permalink

It is definitely pod or gendry. See now everybody wins.

144. Anne
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

idler,

you have managed to convince me….it’s Daniel Portman!

145. JamesL
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

It’s doesn’t look like Gendry from any angle. I think “idler” is trolling or has issues recognizing faces.

146. Josla
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

I gotta say that the first pic I saw (of him sideways) made me think of Gendry but after looking more carefully (and after reading some posts stating its Pod lol) its a pic definitely of Poddrick.

147. Josla
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

148. House Snow
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

That ser, I mean m’lady is Podrick Payne.

149. telobsidion
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

When I heard about more Iceland locations I though of the Vale, but I dismissed it because it seemed connected to Arya’s storyline.

150. tysnow
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

That Iceland Rift rock formation mentioned by Mr. Newman is being utilized because it visually is close to the rocky bridge connecting to the Eyrie from the spectacular first season shot. Obviously Arya and the Hound make it to this point by the end of season four.

151. Jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

tysnow:

Sullied or Unsullied?

152. Jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

House Snow:
    That ser, I mean m’lady is Podrick Payne.

I see what you did there

153. Prince of Pentos
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

I have visited the Þingvellir, several years back, and it certainly was the major highlight of my short little trip passing through Iceland.

That the GoT production chose to include it is to me just another sign of how brilliant they are. Beyond having tremendous natural beauty (there are also many natural pools there which are extremely transparent, you can see straight to the bottom, with only the slightest of blue hues), the site is, as I’m sure has been mentioned already, the most important historic site probably in Iceland, as well as one of geological importance, being a place where the rifting of two tectonic plates can easily be observed, etc.

Many duels were fought at the Þingvellir throughout Iceland’s Medieval history, when the “Thing” (or council of nobles and elders) met there, and is the location of more than one Icelandic saga.

It is refreshing to think that one more saga might be added to the site’s history, namely, having been a location in the filming of Game of Thrones…

ACTUAL QUESTION: Can anyone guess what segment of the story is being filmed there, as these pictures clearly suggest Southron knights, not brothers of the watch or wildings. Could this be a scene of the Brotherhood without Banners, or are we seeing Stannis’ small army, before striking at Mance?

154. Jentario
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Prince of Pentos:

It’s almost positively The Vale going by interviews, descriptions and on-set banners. It seems like Arya and the Hound are getting closer to The Vale than in the books.

155. Hodoreo
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Seriously can’t understand how people think it’s Gendry in the video. Clearly coincides with Pod & Brienne’s story and look at this clothing. ._.

156. Natalia
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink
  157. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Joe Dempsie is currently filming New Worlds, so even if that weren’t Daniel Portman, and thus Podrick, it certainly wouldn’t be Gendry.

158. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

ETA: link to article.

FWIW, I know people think Gendry would likely show up in the Riverlands because that’s where his storyline in the books is right now, but isn’t it more likely he’ll be in King’s Landing first, because that’s where Davos send him? And in that case it’s far likelier he’ll be filming in Croatia, not in Iceland.

159. Nanuk
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

moophasa:

I know it’s not important, and I know the production team will be up to the task, though I bet someone will complain about it (nooenuderstaaaands! Stanger is a big horse!) .. I’m just wondering how they’ll do it. So many little details that you have to take into account, in such a huge production..It’s just mindblowing.

It kills me how people take for granted the amazing work that goes into each minute of this production and seem to think they could do better from their sofas..

160. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Nanuk,

In an interview with an Icelandic TV station one of the producers mentioned that they are only filming the horses from a distance and not close up.

161. Goldenhandthejust
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

GAME THRONES VS LORD OF THE RINGS ON HYPABLE.COM!

ALL MEN MUST VOTE, ON GAME OF THRONES.

162. GeekFurious
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Nanuk:

People get really selfish and self absorbed about things that are out of their control.

163. Paul M
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks to those screen grabs I’ve changed my mind and it is Pod, but he really does look like Gendry in that profile shot. Well done for posting those.

164. Chickenduck
    Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Nanuk

Yep. People need to try scriptwriting or producing for themselves to get a feel for how hard it is.

Speculation is fun, but still…

165. Song of Ice & Scotch
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:12 am | Permalink

Extras Northern Ireland has just put out a casting call for slim males & females under five feet tall that are over sixteen years of age. (It was relinked by one of the studio directors on his Facebook profile.) Methinks we’re going to see some Children of the Forest this season? Are they going to skip over Coldhands?

166. idler
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:19 am | Permalink

Paul M:

So you think that’s Podrick Payne after losing some 40 pounds and having undergone Plastic surgery to sharpen his profile…I think that’s Gendry freshly shaved. Note that the person at the Icelandic roadside wears a leather jerkin with round rivet heads. Podrick uses to wear a leather jerkin with square rivet heads. http://postimg.org/gallery/1x7j1s44/

167. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Song of Ice & Scotch:

I think we’re getting both.

168. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:47 am | Permalink

idler,

Unless Joe Dempsie has a time-turner, he can’t be in Iceland, since he’s been filming something in England those past five days (I linked the article a few posts above). Also, look closer, that kid in the video is almost as tall as Gwendoline. Joe, much like Kit Harington, roughly reaches her shoulder.

169. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:48 am | Permalink

idler: So you think that’s Podrick Payne after losing some 40 pounds and having undergone Plastic surgery to sharpen his profile…I think that’s Gendry freshly shaved. Note that the person at the Icelandic roadside wears a leatherjerkin with round rivet heads. Podrick uses to wear a leather jerkin with square rivet heads. http://postimg.org/gallery/1x7j1s44/

Well, you’re stubborn aren’t you? The costume is exactly the same as Pod’s and the face is only vaguely similar because Pod is smoking a cigarette and his face is all stretched. If you look at his body shape and the shape of the head, it’s obviously Pod.

170. Ser Tahu
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 4:02 am | Permalink

Song of Ice & Scotch,

This worries me. What are Bran and co going to do in season 5 then? But then again, I guess they could expand on Bran training as a warg/greenseer throughout season 5.

171. Weiche-Wotan
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 4:32 am | Permalink

Long-time lurker, first time poster putting in his two pennies worth here… I did not read any of the comments yet and was not aware of any fan theory of Brienne traveling with Gendry at any point before watching the video, but I immediately recognized the man smoking the cigarette as Joe Dempsie. I scrolled through the comments to see if anyone else did and was surprised to read the commotion :-) I think the people seeing Pod are seeing whom they want/expect to see…

172. lustyargonianmaid
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 4:45 am | Permalink
  173. Hodoreo
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:19 am | Permalink

idler,

Are you honestly stupid or what? It’s clearly Podrick.

174. Lollius Palicanus
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Someone my girlfriend knows spotted Aidan Gillen.

175. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Lollius Palicanus:
    Someone my girlfriend knows spotted Aidan Gillen.

Where? Iceland?

176. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:27 am | Permalink

Weiche-Wotan:
    Long-time lurker, first time poster putting in his two pennies worth here… I did not read any of the comments yet and was not aware of any fan theory of Brienne traveling with Gendry at any point before watching the video, but I immediately recognized the man smoking the cigarette as Joe Dempsie.I scrolled through the comments to see if anyone else did and was surprised to read the commotion :-)I think the people seeing Pod are seeing whom they want/expect to see…

No, it’s the other way around. He had the same costume, same body shape, same head shape… Apparently he got a haircut and the only othet thing similar between him and Dempsie in that pic is the face- and that is only because it’s all stretched out weirdly since he’s smoking. So unless Podrick is a Faceless Man that decided to be Gendry, this isn’t Gendry.

177. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:33 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    Song of Ice & Scotch,

My thoughts too. I hope Bran disappears for most of season 5 but gets one episode devoted completely to him where he’ll have some prophetic green dreams, flashbacks to Robert’s Rebellion through the Weirnet that will set up RLJ among other things and that he will learn to Raven-warg in that episode, creating a sense of his presence in every scene that has Ravens in the rest of the season with some shifty camera angles. The end of the episode could give a terrifying glimps at the Others preparing to take Hardhome (which would be a great set up if D&D intend to expand Hardhome and make it season 5′s episode 9, which I strongly suggest).

Rant over.

178. H. Stark
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:41 am | Permalink
  179. Darquemode
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:50 am | Permalink

H. Stark,

I love this “Also pleasant dwarf Peter Dinklage having fun with them, but he plays Tyrion Lann Sangster in Game of Thrones.”
    Online translators can be fun at times! XD

180. idler
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:51 am | Permalink

Jentario: The costume is exactly the same as Pod’s

181. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:52 am | Permalink

H. Stark:
    Aidan and Peter in Iceland?

The wording is really weird when put in Google Translate, but I don’t think Dinklage is there. If he was they would have opened with it since he is a bigger star than Aiden Gillen or at least on par with him. Dinklage is the face of GoT, so if he was there he would have made the headline. It’s probably just Aiden Gillen. But I think we’ll see some Sophie Turner pics surface as well soon enough.

182. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:58 am | Permalink

idler: Tbh, it ain’t. You know the difference between “round” and “square” rivet heads? Try with your “Zoom”-function! I admit both jerkins are made from leather, though…

And let’s say, hypotgetically, that it is Gendry. Why on Earth would the costume department give him a costume that is almost exactly the same (and in my opinion EXACTLY THE SAME- I see circles everywhere, no squares) as Pod. That would be the dumbest thing ever. You are seeing what you want to see, clearly. It’s not just the costume.

183. Chickenduck
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Did you read the bits about Joe Dempsie filming for a different project in England right now?

184. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

I’m going to post the article again… here is the link:http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/cast-announced-for-major-new-channel-4-historical-drama-new-worlds. It’s a Restoration drama, it’s starring Joe, Freya Mavor, Jamie Dornan and a woman whose name I don’t remember, it’s for Channel Four, and filming started at the beginning of this week. I could see an actor go between Belfast and wherever they are in England for filming two things under extreme circumstances, but I doubt he’d commute between England and Iceland.

Daniel Portman is what, 20 right now? You still change a lot at that age. I guess he’s just losing his kiddie face. The shorter hair makes him look different as well.

185. Chickenduck
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Jentariosome prophetic green dreams, flashbacks to Robert’s Rebellion through the Weirnet that will set up RLJ among other things and that he will learn to Raven-warg in that episode, creating a sense of his presence in every scene that has Ravens in the rest of the season with some shifty camera angles. The end of the episode could give a terrifying glimps at the Others preparing to take Hardhome (which would be a great set up if D&D intend to expand Hardhome and make it season 5′s episode 9, which I strongly suggest).

Rant over.

If that casting call really is for the COTF then yay! For a while now, I’ve been hoping for Bran’s story to head into ADWD territory in S4. Mostly because I just don’t want to see him wandering around for a whole season again. I mean, he eventually did some cool stuff in S3, but I’m not a fan of the endless walking scenes, à la S2-3 of LOST.

So I’m hoping for Coldhands, then maybe some ADWD action with the COTF and One-Eyed Raven introduced in the last episode or two.

For those concerned about what happens thereafter, bear in mind that D&D already know where this storyline’s going. S5 might be the rest of his ADWD chapters and some of TWoW… Even if the King’s Landing stuff is still finishing up AFFC. Maybe Bran’s story needs a bit more breathing space to fully setup the end game?

One thing though, I highly doubt Bran’d get an episode all to himself. Hardhome would be cool to see onscreen, but the S5E9 “moment” could be other things… maybe the major battle Slaver’s Bay – the battle that GRRM moved out of ADWD. OR if they advance the Northern storyline they could cover Ramsay/Theon’s ADWD stuff across S4-S5, then end S5 with the Battle in the Snow at Winterfell.

Guess I’d have to sit down and plot out 2 seasons’ worth of episodes to know if that works… and I’m not sure if I have Ser Tahu’s level of patience to do that for all the storylines.

186. Chickenduck
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:29 am | Permalink

Sorry, that should be three-eyed

187. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,

I suggested Harhome as an episode 9 mainly because I expect to see more than one season out of books 4 & 5 and expect to see the Battle at the Slaver’s Bay as season 6′s episode 9 but also because it’s essential to remind viewers of the White Walker threat and because it will be huge and awesome- what the premier of season 3 should have been. Also, it would be a good place for Jon to meet Tormund (by saving him) and to set up his Wildling connection that would be essential to season 6 (where he brings Wildlings beyond the Wall- which leads to his stabbing).

188. bon
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 7:47 am | Permalink

You probably don’t know that for every season actor gats weight to look like Pod? After evry season he looses his weight. Not probably he didn’t manage to gain it in such a short time, because normally the were filming in September/October.

189. Ser Tahu
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,
    With regards to the season 5 episode 9 moment: The two scenes that are most often predicted to be that moment are Stannis vs the Boltons and the battle for Meereen. The problems that I see with this, though, are:
    1) I don’t see how either storyline could be compressed that much to get to that point so early without severely harming other storylines
    and 2) That would require the show to reach TWoW in season 5, which is just silly.

The other thing that a lot of people forget is that it is highly unlikely that Stannis vs the Boltons and the Battle for Meereen will happen in the same season because of budgetary constraints. I believe that D&D will want to show both battles, so to make that possible I think that they will have near the end of a season and the other opening up the next season.

My personal prediction is:
    season 5 episode 9 moment is Cersei’s fall.
    season 6 episode 9 is Stannis vs the Boltons for most of the episode, but then we jump to Meereen in the last 10-15 minutes for the Barristan and Quentyn plots
    and then the Battle for Meereen happens in episode 2 of season 7 as a surprise epic opening to a season.

190. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Your episode 9 for season 5 is not exciting enough. If that will be the main climactic event of the season then the show will lose half it’s viewers. I think season 5′s niner, like season 1′s and season 3′s, will follow multiple storylines and significantly progress them but there should still be a shining moment that rises above them all. Also, I don’t think Jon’s arc will last two seasons without major expansions and that’s why I suggest he should take on the role of Cotter Pyke when trying to Wildlings from White Walkers. It also gives much need attention to them, and without it they would be forgotten and end up as delayed as winter (which isn’t good at all). I don’t want to see Jon sit on his ass for two whole seasons. He should get up and do something. And, as I said before, Hardhome would form a great split that will allow there to be an arc for each season: season 5 being Jon’s relationship with Stannis, and later the Hardhome fiasco, where he’d save Tormund and a few hundred wildlings and season 6 being Jon, mentally scarred by the Others, decides to do all that it takes to prepare for the war- he brings all the wildlings beyond the Wall and starts screwing up- which would lead to his downfall in the finale/episode 9.

191. Dio Westeros
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Jentario: My god. They are exactly the same. With every picture you post you just prove my point.

I think these pics all confirm one thing…. R + L = G or P . That definitely explains the attention this is getting. Off topic but on topic for my post.. pretty funny that the showrunners have barely mentioned the X + Y = J possibilities… People actually care more about if this video on this post shows Pod or Gendry than who Jon’s parents are . That shouldnt even have to be in spoiler tags because it should be something that was addressed in depth not just as a throwaway conversation. Season 4 would be a great place to start mentioning it!

192. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Dio Westeros: I think these pics all confirm one thing…. R + L = G or P .That definitely explains the attention this is getting.Off topic but on topic for my post.. pretty funny that the showrunners have barely mentioned the X + Y = J possibilities… People actually care more about if this video on this post shows Pod or Gendry than who Jon’s parents are .That shouldnt even have to be in spoiler tags because it should be something that was addressed in depth not just as a throwaway conversation.Season 4 would be a great place to start mentioning it!

I think season 5 will be an even better place to start those things. Mainly through Bran’s storyline.

193. Pau
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Weiche-Wotan:

I really hope you guys don’t have to act as witnesses on a murder trial ;)

194. H. Stark
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:46 am | Permalink
  195. AngryRosFan
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:53 am | Permalink

idler,

When I first saw the side view I also thought it was Joe Dempsey. Daniel Portman has a rounder, fuller face normally. Maybe Portman lost some weight recently? Looking at these other pics – face on, the face is fuller than Joe Dempsey’s and does look like Portman’s. Anyway the resemblance is uncanny. They look so similar they could be brothers.

196. Grijnwaald
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Davidbc:
    How does one pronounce Þingvellir?

like “Thingvellir” I think

Edit: Don’t worry, someone’s already said it

197. House Snow
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

So Tyrion is apparently in Iceland? Unless we start hearing about some other KL people can’t imagine why he would be up there.

198. Dio Westeros
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

AngryRosFan,

Gendry was rocking the facial hair, much to the dismay of some fans since it was so perfectly trimmed, Pod didn’t have as much. That’s another feature pointing towards it being Pod/Portman. It is definitely Pod.

199. Nick Larter
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Jentario: n. But I think we’ll see some Sophie Turner pics surface as well soon enough.

indeed

200. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Pau: I really hope you guys don’t have to act as witnesses on a murder trial ;)

I really hope you guys don’t.
    EDIT: I am on the Pod side. I think I confused you with a Gendry believer.

201. Pau
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Jentario: I really hope you guys don’t.

Hold your horses amigo we’re on the same boat ;)

EDIT: It’s scary how many people can see something that is not there hehe

202. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Pau: Hold your horses amigo we’re on the same boat ;)

EDIT: It’s scary how many people can see something that is not there hehe

What now? I am really confused :/
    EDIT: Got it now. I should get my brain checked, something must have fallen out today.

203. moophasa
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Gendry believer. This should be the new term. I’ll admit the screenshot with him in profile does look like Dempsie, but viewed face-on it is clearly Portman. I would happily bet a month’s wages on it.

204. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

moophasa:
    Jentario,

It’s GB and PB. Pick yo’ sides!

205. Eljuma
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Song of Ice & Scotch,

We got the same last year. They use short extras to make the giant(s) look bigger.

206. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

So….as far as the gendry vs pod debate, can’t we just tweet both podrick actors and ask them if they smoke? If one says yes and the other says no, it’s either the one that said yes or someone else that looks like em. Didn’t read the whole debate, sorry if what I’m saying is stupid based on what’s been said already

207. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I’m a Gendry Believer and still think that’s Podrick… now there’s one for confusion.

AngryRosFan: Anyway the resemblance is uncanny. They look so similar they could be brothers.

OMG, I think you are onto something. Podrick Payne, secret king’s bastard?

208. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

haltwhogoesthere:

We know Portman smokes, we just need to check if Dempsie does. But honestly, I don’t think it’s an appropriate question and he likely won’t answer it (especially if he does smoke).

209. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace:

Dirty GB, get off this thread!!!

210. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Jentario: Dirty GB, get off this thread!!!

I can be a GBPB, no problem…

At least I think we can all agree that that’s Gwendoline Christie, so… BBGBPB?

211. Carne
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Eljuma,

But wouldn’t they use the same method as in the season 3 pilot? Tall actor in front of green screen, then digitally enlarged and added to the shots filmed in Iceland?

A 7′ person next to a 5′ person is not going to make them look like giants. The one in season 3 has to be at least 13′ tall, so unless they decide to go with shorter giants I think they’ll use the green screen method.

212. moophasa *PB*
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

It’s Lena Headey. She’s got scenes with Portman because Pod takes over Lancel’s role and shags Cersei. That’s what the Pod/brothel scene was about. If you can’t see it you’re blind!

213. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace:
    Jentario,

I can be a GBPB, no problem…

At least I think we can all agree that that’s Gwendoline Christie, so… BBGBPB?

Make it a GBPGBG.

214. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

moophasa *PB*:
    The Blue Grace,

So… CPBCGBBGBBPB?
    EDIT: I think this will be my new password.

215. The Blue Grace
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

moophasa *PB*,
    Jentario,

I think I’ll be going for CBGBCBPBCGPBBGPBHB, because Hodor clearly is there somewhere, too. If you look closely at that one tent, you can see Kristian Nairn’s shoe.

216. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace:
    moophasa *PB*,
    Jentario,

Well, that’s clear evidence. So it should be:
    CGHBCPHBBGHBBPHBSGHBSPHB

S being Stannis, since for all we know Stephen Dillane could have dyed his hair blond. Wait! Is Stannis a secret Targaryen?!

217. Felt Pelt
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

1) Clearly it’s Tom Wlaschiha, i.e. Jaqen, i.e. a face changer. It’s both Portman and Dempsie.
    2) This can only mean one thing: the PW will be in episode 10.

218. Jentario
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Felt Pelt:
    2) This can only mean one thing: the PW will be in episode 10.

It all makes sense now. It’s as if my whole life was a lie!

219. Eljuma
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

H. Stark,

How do we know that’s Gillen working and not that guy from School of Thrones on vacation? ;)

220. New Wolf
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Most of Brienne’s story from ASOS is already done so I’m really curious what they’ll do with her next season. I hope this scene with Podrick is something that’s near the end of the season because if they use too much of the story from AFfC there will be nothing left for the 5th and 6th season.

221. Scott Glennon
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for posting this! It is truly a between-the-seasons article. Since these actors are there, I am thinking they are shooting out of sequence, since for those characters to be where they are, alot of other stuff has to happen first. Storywise, It looks like we’ll see the Vale, White Harbor, and the Fingers. Also possibly, Maidenpool, or Acorn Hill. All of that gets me really excited for Season Four. Hats off and Kudos to the one who said, “Let’s shoot in Iceland in the Summer.” Good call. The visuals we will get from this will make it worth the wait. Cheers!

The North Remembers…

222. Bard
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Scott Glennon:
    Thank you so much for posting this! It is truly a between-the-seasons article. Since these actors are there, I am thinking they are shooting out of sequence, since for those characters to be where they are, alot of other stuff has to happen first. Storywise, It looks like we’ll see the Vale, White Harbor, and the Fingers. Also possibly, Maidenpool, or Acorn Hill. All of that gets me really excited for Season Four. Hats off and Kudos to the one who said, “Let’s shoot in Icelandin the Summer.”Good call. The visuals we will get from this will make it worth the wait. Cheers!

The North Remembers…

White Harbor? Is Liam Cunningham in Iceland?

223. moophasa *PB*
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Scott Glennon,

They always shoot out of sequence for logistical reasons. When they’re doing interior shots in Belfast and exterior shots in Europe or North Africa there’s no other way.

224. Chickenduck
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Scott Glennon:
    Thank you so much for posting this! It is truly a between-the-seasons article. Since these actors are there, I am thinking they are shooting out of sequence.

I don’t want to sound patronising, but they (like every other show) pretty much always shoot out of sequence.

225. Chickenduck
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

New Wolf:

Either they’ll make stuff up , or there will be overlap into TWoW material. Bear in mind people, D&D know what happens next and where the storylines need to go…

226. Arthur
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

I’d like to see D&D make up a lot of stuff but at the sametime keep the characters actually in character and have them all end up on track for important book events…

For instance I’d like to see a lot of Arya and The Hound. More scenes then were in the books. I’d love to see some high tension “gunslinger” type moments between Gregor, Oberyn, even Jaime in KL.

I know D&D will have some awesome verbal battles between Cersei, Marg and Ellaria that never happened in the book and as a book reader those things excite me because they are so new and interesting.

My point is, I don’t mind and actually hope for D&D to add new stuff that wasn’t in the book or drag out some storyline by adding things… Just as long as the characters stay in character and the storylines fall back on track with the books…

227. WildSeed
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

With respect to Sandor and Arya’s journey, there has been reasonable speculation
    of their taking the trek through the Riverlands, i.e. Highheart / Acorn Hill
    and/or further surrounds that meet back with Gendry and the BWB.
    On
    the other hand these could be two divergent treks with familiar information
    to link the books. As more information becomes available in the short weeks to
    come, loftier challenges to speculation will make current pastime akin to
    playing with navel lint. In fact, several people attempted to make Joe Dempsie
    and Daniel Portman’s insignificant photo likeness into source of debate.
    I’ve had better insight’s from reading pattern of tea grinds in my tea cup.

That said, adaptations always lend reason for concern. We fans want it to make
    sense as the episodes move along. Not everything can be CGI’ed effectively.

What I find a mystery still is whether Val or Dalla will be cast, and Burn Gorman’s
    thickening role. I realise much is being kept secret on certain fronts, yet I
    ponder because their stories may be up soon for S4. Lord Manderly and Griff
    maybe intriguing , but that’s far off, no ?

228. Arthur
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Lol…

229. Eleanor
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Arthur: Lol…True blood = Male and female models portraying supernatural characters having sex with a little but of storyline tieing them together…

You say that as if it’s a bad thing…

230. Arthur
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Eleanor,

Haha… Good point.

I do watch it every Sunday but just laugh at how bad it is. If you just take it for what it is, a comedy, it’s enjoyable…

231. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Comedy,drama,dramedy. No matter what genre it is, it still sucks. I can’t believe an HBO produced show can be that bad.

232. Turncloak
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Permalink
  233. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted July 28, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

I wonder what Dinklage will be doing in Iceland? Maybe they will film him greeting the Dornish there? I can’t really think of what scenes they could shoot that would pass for King’s Landing.

234. moophasa *PB*
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 2:04 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

That had me really confused too. I guess if Pedro Pascal shows up there then we’ll know. Is it possible he’s just there for leisure, or to practice lines with other actors due to the tight schedule?

235. Jentario
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Turncloak,

I thought that too.

236. Ser Tahu
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 3:15 am | Permalink

moophasa *PB*,

There was a photo recently that a fan got with Pedro, Kit Harington and two other cast members (I can’t remember who), but I don’t know whether it was in NI or Iceland.

237. Nezzer
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 3:34 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    moophasa *PB*,

That was in Belfast.

238. Zoltán
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 5:09 am | Permalink

Ser? My Lady?

If the Brienne+Pod storyline is in Season 4, could Mark Gatiss be Randyll Tarly?

239. Jentario
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Zoltán:
    Ser? My Lady?

I don’t know why people are so sure we’ll see him at all. He hasn’t yet done anything important and all we need is a few references as fan service. There won’t be room for such roles when season 5 comes with many, MANY more important roles.

240. Nick Larter
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 6:56 am | Permalink

Zoltán:
    Ser? My Lady?

Gatiss is on record already as having finished filming before Iceland filming started. As I understand it, the smart money is on him being Patchface

241. Eljuma
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 7:05 am | Permalink

Carne,

In Season 3 they inserted the giant with CGI, but used a pole for reference while shooting his scene.

People have to look small compared to that pole because this is not Star Wars. They can’t reduce the people in a computer later and insert them in an entirely CGI created environment because it would eat away the budget.

242. Jentario
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 7:07 am | Permalink

Nick Larter,

Why? Where did you hear that? It is definitely a possibility and it works with the schedule, but wouldn’t they give him a bigger role? And shouldn’t we have already given up on that role?

243. melancholicmermaid
    Posted July 30, 2013 at 2:54 am | Permalink

a fan went on got set at pingvellir:
    “I went to þingvellir this morning with my friends to get a little glimpse at game of thrones shooting. But guess what!!! The crew invited us on the set and let us watch the shootings!!! It was amazing. After that we waited for 4 and a 1/2 hour to see the actors. I had a little chat with lady Sansa and little finger!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got their autographs!!! This day was awesome and I really hope that I will get to meet them again and all the other actors.”
    So that has to be the Vale, but I can’t think of any such scenes. Added, perhaps.

244. Nipplesonabreastplat
    Posted August 16, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

So we’ve got Sansa & Littlefinger in The Vale; Brienne and Pod on the road out of KL; The Hound and Arya on the road to the Riverlands (or on the road to The Vale). Chris Newman says that they’re using the backdrop of Iceland to film different parts of Westeros ‘that you can’t find in Belfast’…so it seems to me that the series is sticking pretty closely to the books. These actors are not ALL being filmed in The Vale and their stories won’t intertwine.

And, OMG…the guy with Brienne is Pod…no question!