New photos from Trsteno and Gradac Park
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Production.

Location filming in Croatia began yesterday at the Trsteno Arboretum, and several members of the press were invited down to the set to watch. Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie, and Dame Diana Rigg featured in the scene, said to be a part of the fourth season’s first episode. Preparations carried on in other locations too, as crews readied Gradac Park in Dubrovnik for filming sometime in the near future.  Luckily, local press were on hand to capture that as well!

DuList provided a report on their set visit with photographs; here are some of the highlights from their article:

Margaery

Diana Rigg
Tyrell extras
arboretum

Mark Thomas of EnglishmanInDubrovnik offers a detailed report about the production’s visit and locations. Thomas notes that in addition to the Hotel Belvedere site, a set is being constructed across from the Fort St. Lawrence at Gradac Park.

Gradac Park

A closer view of the new set and decorations can be seen in photos from JustDubrovnik.com:

Gradac Park2

Gradac Park 3

Gradac Park4

Additionally, RTL Televizija filmed a news report with comments from producer Bernadette Caulfield and local politicians on set. Christie, Dormer and Rigg can be spotted throughout the video preparing to film their scene. Visit the link to catch a glimpse of the actors in their season four gear!

Ours is the Fury:  Gradac Park is looking very festive, I’d say. I have a pretty good idea as to what the park will be used for. Major thanks to the press in Croatia for their great Thrones coverage over the last few days!

1. arden
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

stannis

Oberyn Nymeros Martell arrival

2. Siobhán Mooney
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

I love Margaery’s new dress. :) It’s in the style of previous ones but with a few nice variations on the theme.

3. 3eyes
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Beautiful costumes and sets, but I wish they’d do something different for the QoT’s headdress. Nitpicking, I know.

4. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

DORNE DORNE DORNE DORNE DORNE
    pleaaaaasseeee. I’m really hoping to be able to say “I told you so” to certain people.

5. mariamb
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

3eyes:

No – not nitpicking. I was thinking the same thing. Poor Diana Rigg – it must be hot and uncomfortable wearing that headpiece.

Natalie looks beautiful.

If these scenes are for the arrival of the Red Viper, I will be thrilled. I want his arrival to be as glorious as it is in the books.

6. snowleesi
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

According to that last article, they will be filming in Dubrovnik till September 20th, and then move on to Split and stay there till October 20th. That’s solid two months of filming in Croatia.

7. Ours is the Fury
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

snowleesi,

Yeah those are the dates they’ve been reporting for months. So they’re right on schedule.

8. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

What the heck about Daario :(

9. TheBerylfly
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

I must be an idiot but… what’s that brown-yellow woodpiece in the second to last picture?

10. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi,

Who knows? But I think the new guy will be an improvement.

11. Rygar
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

I need to bury my face in Dormers bosom.

12. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

So is the new set they are building for:

A. A Trial
    B. A Wedding
    C. A Funeral
    D. An Arrival

13. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

TheBerylfly:

Part of a sculpture of… a horse with a flaming tail, flames in general, or possibly a sun? Isn’t the Martell sigil something with a sun and a spear?

14. Dolorous Al
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

The best thing about these photos: that staffer standing behind Marg in the first one. Yum! The cheese boy has a rival.

The rest is cool too :-)

15. D'Arcy
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Al:
    The best thing about these photos: that staffer standing behind Marg in the first one.Yum! The cheese boy has a rival.

The rest is cool too :-)

I was gonna say the same thing. Get that guy on the show!

16. WildSeed
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:31 am | Permalink

photo # 7 is Daario’s new coiffure (:

17. Dolorous Fredd
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 1:45 am | Permalink

I am relieved to see that Natalie Dormer’s décolletage has not been recast.

18. Daenerys
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 2:24 am | Permalink

SPOILER FROM THE SHOW!

Brienne will met Margaery, rumor from HRT, national television of Croatia (it was on news, millions of Croatians heard it)

And why is Marg blonde?

19. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 2:42 am | Permalink

Daenerys,

Natalie’s real hair is blonde. This, however, is her usual brown wig.

20. loco_73
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 3:15 am | Permalink

Damn Natalie is a hottie….she looked good even when her head was chopped off on “The Tudors”….if the real Anne Boleyn looked even half as good I guess Henry the VIII would have discovered monogamy….hmmmm…or maybe not…

21. loco_73
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Picture # 3…Pod’s groupies!

22. The Rabbit
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Looking forward to Gradac set. Wondering if these are two different sets in one place, because it seems that the one with the fountain is in the parc, and the other is a bit a the upper terrain (as far as I recall Dubrovnik sites).

23. Mescalinic
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I’d never be able to work with Natalie Dormer
    how can you focus on work? *_*

24. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 4:46 am | Permalink

Dolorous Al:

The rest is cool too :-)

To each their own. I was going to make a bitchy comment about how he looks like the creepy shiny shirted guy who hits on you in the club in 2003.

Anyways… sets and costumes look gorgeous as usual.

25. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Since Gwendolin was there, I’m guessing Brienne catches hell from the whole Tyrell family for the death of Renly, not just Loras?

26. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 5:16 am | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger:

27. King DBC
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I usually hate recasts, but this time I think it’ll be better!

28. GG
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Is it just me or does Diana Rigg look really unwell? :(

29. Bard
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:16 am | Permalink

The architecture on the additional Gradac Park set reminds me of Moorish Spain…Dorne? Is it possible?

30. Roranicus
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:20 am | Permalink

I like those little bits of armor on Margeary’s dress on the first picture. Brings back to that discussion she had with Circei at the beginning of season 3, about “a bit of armor being useful”. I wonder if there’s intentional symbolism there of if it’s just a coincidence?

31. TheBerylfly
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:50 am | Permalink

The Blue Grace: On the show, Loras doesn’t believe she killed him. Margaery was the one who suspected her.

Which kills yet another chance to show Loras’ mourning. Seriously, all of my Unsullied friends are convinced he didn’t even care about Renly, just wanted to be a lover to the king

32. gentle watcher
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 8:55 am | Permalink

I’m thinking the ladies are all dressed in similar dresses and matching colors, like a wedding party?

33. gabrielle
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney,

Ha ha! :-)
    The first I noticed was the handsome crewmember in the blue polo shirt behind her!

34. H. Stark
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Natalie and Sophie with a fan!

Gwen is behind them :)

35. D'Arcy
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:28 am | Permalink

H. Stark:
    Natalie and Sophie with a fan!

Gwen is behind them :)

Natalie looks ridiculously young in that picture. Also, short.

36. Dio Westeros
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:34 am | Permalink

D’Arcy,

That fan actually looks like she’d be good on the show.

37. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:41 am | Permalink

TheBerylfly,

that’s on your friends, I think. Mine never had a problem seeing he cared for Renly. *shrugs*

38. Nezzer
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:48 am | Permalink

H. Stark:
    Natalie and Sophie with a fan!

Gwen is behind them :)

The duckface trio.

39. Joshua Atreides
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 11:04 am | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

Yeah they must have forgot his jealous pouting in season 2 over Brienne and his vow to kill Stannis. Granted they didn’t explore his grief in season 3 but there’s always room for that in season 4. Especially with Brienne there to remind him of it.

40. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Joshua Atreides:
    The Blue Grace,

41. Lars
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Nice pics! The ‘Gradac Park’ sets look to be Dorne… Or Mereen.

42. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

i can just picture the dornish host riding down that path.

43. Bryon
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

loco_73,

I met her in Chicago. Even hotter in person!

44. Bryon
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Dio Westeros,

cast her as Jeyne Poole!

45. Nittanian
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace: Isn’t the Martell sigil something with a sun and a spear?

46. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace: Unfortunately, Loras isn’t exactly a main character, so when there’s little room for character development, he’s one of the first who suffers – not too surprising given the size of the cast. I do have faith he’ll get some moments in Season 4.

I would love to hear “when the sun is gone, no candle can replace it.”

47. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger: I would love to hear “when the sun is gone, no candle can replace it.”

Oh yes, that would be great. It’s such a sappy line, but it’s just totally something a lovelorn teenager would say.

48. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Nittanian: Yup, the sigil of House Nymeros Martell combines the spear of the Martells with the sun of the Rhoynar.

Oh, cool. Maybe it’ll be the sigil.

Or not, I mean… it’s difficult to say at this stage. Looks intriguing, though.

49. Al Swearengen
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Natalie Dormer = Schwing.

50. who even?
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

Maybe they had him seduced by Petyrs spy so that he could say that and have it actually mean something to him. As in, he’s actually tried to replace the “sun?” And how cheesy that line sounds is dependent on the way it’s said. Maybe Jaime will be all “ya know, my sister is (insert flame metaphor)” and Loras is all “psh she’s just a candle, ya feel me dawg?”Lololololol

51. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

who even?:
    The Blue Grace,

Maybe they had him seduced by Petyrs spy so that he could say that and have it actually mean something to him. As in, he’s actually tried to replace the “sun?” And how cheesy that line sounds is dependent on the way it’s said. Maybe Jaime will be all “ya know, my sister is (insert flame metaphor)” and Loras is all “psh she’s just a candle,ya feel me dawg?”Lololololol

I’m sure he’ll get an opportunity.

I never read too much into Olyvar, I thought that was just, well, hormones. People have them even when they’re sad. :)

52. patchface
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

The girls are Margaery’s cousins. And yes Natalie Dormer looks really young. We don’t know how old Margaery is supposed to be on the show but I would guess she is 21 or 22.

53. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Damn I love her. Natalie Dormer is perfect in my opinion. You can become my bannerman if u like lol.

54. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

just watching the replay on showcase… jaime respects the young youlf, but he won’t bow to him

55. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

natalie dormer my bff lol such a sexy girl

56. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

My angel Marg would never disgrace herself with the likes of you lol. Find some new theories. lol

57. Caravaggio
    Posted August 31, 2013 at 1:45 am | Permalink

Dat neckline

58. The Blue Grace
    Posted August 31, 2013 at 7:55 am | Permalink

Rickard Greyjoy,

lol, what? I love Margaery! What theories do you mean?

59. Udi
    Posted August 31, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

snowleesi,

So excited!
    Will be in Dubrovnik Sep 11 (yeah, I know), Sep 12 and Sep 18. Plenty of time to get a good look (best as possible) at the sets, and maybe a glimpse of some cast members!

60. Joshua Atreides
    Posted September 1, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

61. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted September 1, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Aw man it looks like the firey thing is a Lannister lion :(

62. corax
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 7:46 am | Permalink

Yep. Lion.

63. The Rabbit
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:15 am | Permalink

today: filming at the hotel Belvedere site.
    I can not reach any social networks at the moment. Wonder if they film Mountain vs. Oberyn today?

64. boze
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

The Rabbit,

I think so. Look at 5/10: that sword is huge.. probably Gregor’s.

65. House Snow
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:36 am | Permalink

It seems like such a small area, not to mention technical dangerous, to fight the duel though

66. The Rabbit
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:38 am | Permalink

boze,

Indeed. Did not see it at first.

67. boze
    Posted September 2, 2013 at 8:43 am | Permalink

House Snow,

They’ll have enough space, it isn’t that small: http://wicnet.tumblr.com/image/59308690832

1. […] have some new photos of the set’s being built in Gradac Park located in Dubrvonik.  WinterisComing was the first to find these set […]

2. […] WinterIsComing.net, DuList, Englishman in Dubrovnik, Just […]