Once again we look back at what happened this month three years ago.
- The cast added Mark Stanley as Grenn, and the fandom once more figured out GRRM’s clues.
- Winter summarized what we knew about the filming so far, and plans for a spring 2011 premiere were revealed for the first time.
- Amrita Acharia (cast as Irri, you can meet her at TitanCon, btw) discussed her role, and GRRM talked about his take on three Lannister roles.
- New clues from George brough us Joe Dempsie as Gendry and Elyes Gabel as Jhogo (a role later renamed to Rakharo).
- Owen Teale was cast as Alliser Thorne, replacing Derek Halligan.
- As always, Winter is Coming kept you up to date with the latest filming news, as the first full month of the shoot was coming to an end.
- Two more sets of clues came out, we gave it our best, and continued the unbroken streak of solving all the casting riddles (Lalor Roddy as Catspaw, Simon Lowe as Wineseller, Mark Lewis Jones as Shagga, and Clive Mantle as Greatjon Umber, with a bonus of Susie Kelley as the innkeeper Masha Heddle).
- A focus group marketing research was conducted, and we ran this report of it.
- Last but not least, the hype machine was on with the HBO co-president Lombardo talking up Thrones in Vanity Fair, an article at Big Think exploring the hype itself, as well as interviews with Alfie Allen (Theon), language creator David J. Peterson, and Joe Dempsie (Gendry).