Looking Forward Season 4, Part 5: Daenerys
By Oz of Thrones on in Editorial, Speculation.

Dany

Daenerys, Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons, Hot Chili Momma or whatever your pleasure may be, this one is for Dany.

And if you don’t mind, let us non-book readers be 100% honest right now…. we have no freakin’ clue what the most eligible bachelorette of Thrones is going to do next season (I polled two or three, which makes this statement a scientific certainty).  So, if someone claims they do, they are either peeking in the verbiage or cheating in the wikis.  And I am sworn by oath to do neither.

Speaking of oaths, and before we delve into Maw Dragon, please allow me a brief moment of your time for a bit of clarification.  It seems there is confusion, and confusion breeds confusion much like titles breed titles I can only assume.

Read the books and you will find out!

The Reason “Why”

In terms of GoT, I rarely venture past the safe haven of WiC.net (and even on it, I stay away from book topics, casting news, and other related discussions).  The reason for this is quite simple, and the locals know this already: SPOILERS.  They are everywhere, so I am not.  And if you are a non-book reader, neither should you.  However, after I posted Part 4: Bolton, there were some comments that I ran into on some other platforms regarding the post that went something like this:  “Why speculate?  Read the books” or the more popular “Read the books and you will find out.”

Before you say it, yes I know I should not have been reading comments on other platforms about a post on WiC.  Dish out the punishment as you see fit.  It is warranted.  But, let me take this opportunity to clarify one of my capacities as a contributor for those that may not know.  In a nutshell, here goes:

By the grace of the Seven (or possibly the Lord of Light), I was chosen as the Unsullied voice on this here fine site.  (Unsullied=non-book reader, Sullied=book reader, titles, titles, etc.).  When GoT began on HBO some three-odd years ago, Ozzette and I made a decision not to read the books and to be shocked and awed by the show alone, at least for the time being.  Make no mistake…. I will read the books.  I have mentioned once before that I envision myself being older and quite overweight sitting beneath an umbrella on a beach accompanied by a cooler of PBRs and a stack of GRRMs (quite a lofty goal, wouldn’t you say?).

Nevertheless, the decision to avoid the books for now is by choice (and subsequent oath) only.  The Sullied seem to enjoy the fact that I know nothing, yet continuously make an ass of myself with mindless speculation.  And the Unsullied seem to enjoy the fact that someone speaks for them from time to time.

The simple fact is that, it is a choice.  Many fans have already read them.  Many are catching up during the off season.  Many are waiting until the show concludes.  And yet many of the show fandom will never read them, and that is their right.

I enjoy the speculation.  I enjoy the discussion.  I enjoy contributing, and as long as one or two people enjoy my contributions then I will continue forth, for it brings us closer to March with each passing article.  If I read the books, I would not be able to do so.  For many of you, the books came waaaayyyy before the show.  For myself and many others, the show came before the books.  I want to finish it that way.

And those are my reasons for not reading the books for the time being.  Rest assured, this will not be the last time I have to clarify as this site has new visitors daily. But I don’t mind if you don’t.  So let’s look forward my dear peeps….. autumn is coming!

The Lady with the Dragon Trio

For those of you that read here on a regular basis, you are likely caught up on the show and are well aware of the history of Dany and how she has gone from the bride of Khal Drogo (so that her sweet brother Viserys would have an army to retake the Iron Throne) to the Mother of Dragons and emancipator of slave cities.

Her ultimate goal is obvious: to reclaim the Iron Throne.  This much is known.

But when can we expect the Khaleesi to catch the ferry over to Westeros?

Book Logic from a non-book reader

Oxymoron?  More like an Ozymoron.  But it’s really all I have to go by, and it is surely not rocket science.  So follow my flawed guesstimations…..

It is widely known that Season 3 and Season 4 are a split of the third book in the series (a Storm of Swords).   This means (or should mean) that roughly the 2nd half of the book will represent the bulk of Season 4.  As has been well documented above, I haven’t read the books.  So this is purely grasping at straws.  But it seems that starting the voyage over to Westeros mid-book or beyond is highly unlikely, although certainly not out of the question.

However, I have to believe that the trip across the pond comes at a later date, in a later book, and on a later season.  Surely there are more slave cities to free and the dragons need more time to fish and get bigger, not to mention the fact that Dany is never afraid to add to her ever-growing emancipation posse.  Astapor brought us Missandei, Selmy, and the great Grey Worm (oh, and the Unsullied of course).  Yunkai enlightened our lives with the addition of Daario.   Aren’t we in need of more good looking warrior types to join Team Targaryen?

Here is my issue.

While Dany bides her time across the pond, life is moving pretty fast in Westeros and winter is inevitably coming.  Judging from the simple question of whom we should cover next in this series, many responded with Dany.  But many did not share the same love, and I think I completely understand at least one of the reasons.

The story itself is Westeros and the many players it currently encompasses.  Dany has yet to enter this picture, and even Tywin himself downplayed her importance during Season 3 in his throne room meeting with Joffrey.  The logical side of me understands that patience with her story is a virtue and will likely pay off in later seasons.  The anxious irascible side of me wants her to get on the damn boat and go raise hell.

The question is, how will another season of hanging out away from the action translate onto the screen?  Seemingly everyone she comes in contact with in Essos is no match for her army and the flying, fire-breathing lizards.  I realize that other dangers may lay in waiting that could lead to some important developments.  But will the audience grow distant from her if she is not in the thick of the battle for the Throne?  Have some of them already?

And then there are the dragons and their expected growth.  How much do dragons grow through the pages of one book?  A question for the well-versed no doubt, and not intended for commented response here.  But the Unsullied will likely expect to see some bigger stronger faster pets since the nine month hiatus.  Disappointment may be imminent.

But seriously, dragon growth charts are trivial, are they not?  Let’s discuss something meaningful and thought provoking……

Jedi Love Triangle

So, up until Thursday of last week, I was going to attempt to do something moderately humorous with the Jorah/Daario/Dany love triangle that seems to be developing as referenced by the obvious dismay shown by Jorah as Daario announced that Yunkai had surrendered at the end of S3.  It was going to go something like this:

Dany plays the old Dating Game with made up questions from yours truly, answered with actual dialogue from the show (well, almost).

Dany: “Bachelor #1, how would your description of me be different than that of the other bachelor?

B1:  “We have philosophical differences.”

Dany:  “Over what?”

B1:  “Your beauty.  It means more to me than it does him.”

Dany:  “Bachelor #2, how do you respond to this statement?”

B2:  “Khaaaaaaallllleeeeeeessiiiiiii!!!!!!”

But then the news broke that Daario had been recast (not that this changes the plot of the story in any form).  However, it led me in another direction entirely for the conclusion of this post….. will the real Daario please stand up?

Honesty Time

Here it is, in black and white and surrounded by blue and gray borders…….. I was never fond of Skrein.  For a while, I have struggled with the exact reasoning for my disapproval.  I couldn’t decide if it was his acting skills, or how he was portraying the character as a Fabiesque type of guy (is that a word?), or the simple fact that I am secretly cheering for Jorah to win the heart of the precious Dany.

In any case, my feelings are not hurt at all to say the least on the recast.  I have never questioned the casting on this show.  As an Unsullied, it is wonderful to not have preconceived notions of what I think characters from a book should look like, act like, etc.  The casting is second to none in my opinion.  But for me, Skrein never fit the screen.  The bathtub scene dialogue was excellent, but I found myself wishing that there was some other guy portraying the part with something more than just a fancy accent.  It was a good scene.  It could have been excellent.

Enough of the whining.  Cast attrition is a part of life on the small screen, and with a cast this big I am surprised it has not been worse.  Regardless of the Daario scenario, I will likely always be pulling for Jorah.  But I am hopeful that the new Daario adds something more to the character.

S4 Prediction

Dany goes to emancipate another slave city or continues building her army (or both at the same time), but somehow runs into some real trouble.  Maybe the dragons fly off to mate, or maybe Jorah gets perturbed with Daario and leaves.  Either way, it won’t be a continuation of the peaceful “Mhysa” conclusion.  A battle will ensue leaving Selmy critically injured while another handsome warrior joins the club.  Daario and Jorah never see eye to eye, but Dany’s attraction to Daario keeps Jorah acting nice until they find out he was a spy all along.  Season 4 ends with Dany and the army setting sail for Westeros and Jorah throwing Daario’s ass off of the boat.  A man can dream.  And upon further review, perhaps my issue was not with Skrien at all.

Jorah Forevah!

And that’s all I have today boys and girls.  Thanks for taking the time to read the latest entry.  I sincerely hope it has given you insight beyond compare.

What do you think about the Dany storyline?  Comment away. And if you are Sullied, feel free to drop a friendly “hello” or just tell us how your day is and how much better it is now after reading this incredible article!  And who should we cover next?

But please remember…… NO SPOILERY ON THIS POST.  If it involves the books, just don’t do it.  A man thanks you in advance (and so does the Fury!).

By the way, does anyone else share my strange combination of love for Game of Thrones and American College Football?  I know, it’s somewhat odd.  But so am I.  And it helps pass the time until the next season!

Also, please make sure you vote in the WiC.net Awards.  I have it on good authority that WinterPhil is planning a huge award show at a large venue and is paying for everyone to come.

Thanks again for reading, and may there always and forever be peace in your realm.  –Oz

“Unbowed.  Unbent.  Unsullied.”

Looking Forward Season 4, Part 1: Lysafinger

Looking Forward Season 4, Part 2: Stannis

Looking Forward Season 4, Part 3: The North Remembers

Looking Forward Season 4, Part 4: Bolton

1. Hodor
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Hodor?

2. Sammy
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

thanks so much for the recap!

3. Victor
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Stannis!

4. Pad
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Daenerys!

5. GeekFurious
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

I had decided not to read the books until the series was over. Then I found out there were 5 books with 2 more to come and half a decade between the most recent. I did the math.

I’d be waiting until my mid (maybe even late) 40s to read those books!

So last year I took the plunge. I was afraid that after reading them that I would become an even harsher critic of the show but the opposite happened. I loved season 3 the most. Because I accepted that you can never achieve the perfection of each moment from the books that my mind created while reading.

So I feel reading the books only enhanced my experience because I’m not hanging on every moment for dear life, building things up as a non-book reader (imagining things that will never happen), or having unrealistic expectations as a book reader (because I know it can never be and I will always have the book versions to go back to anyway).

But I respect the decision to NOT read them. Because for some people it is impossible not to compare the two. And if you are one of those people, stay unspoiled. Wait until 2018.

6. Jentario
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Hodor lives!

7. Scream
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Jorah Forevah! i never liked Daario as well and this was because of Ed. happy they changed the actor.

8. Muse
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Mother of Dragons

9. Black Betha
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Hi! Just a sullied here popping in and thanking for the speculation, your posts are always very entertaining! :)

May I suggest you tackle the fortunes of various members of House Lannister (especially Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion) next?

10. Loki
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I hope the dragons will get their names THIS season. Cogman, that little liar, he promised us everything we wanted and then it turned out to be nothing more than lies, filthy, dirty lies.

P.S. Yes, dragons DO have names. Yes, this IS a spoiler.

11. OZFan;)
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

yeah i agree, they need to explain their names.
    thanks so much for writing about Dany this time :)

12. GoTAddict
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

OZ you’re great thanks for the text and Dany’s part!!

13. Dany
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Dany!

14. Deme
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Sullied. I love your posts and encourage you to continue. So there’s you’re at least one.

And to confess, I’m a bit jealous of the Unsullied! I love the books, but it’s so exciting watching people’s reactions to the show that I think it would be fun to not know what will happen next.

15. Sam
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Victor,

lol no

16. Sis
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Unsullied. Liked the predictions and the article very much, very well done Oz once again!

17. MGM
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

“Khaaaaaaallllleeeeeeessiiiiiii!!!!!!”

Great post as always Oz! I love your humor and speculation. You are not alone – Skrien never felt 100% right to me either. I am on team Jorah and Dany, but I don’t think that was the reason why I didn’t like him or his portrayal of Daario.

I know you already did “The North Remembers” post, but perhaps you could do a more in-depth look into Jon Snow and/or Bran and company? That or maybe a post focusing on Cersei/Jaimie/Brienne or Tyrion/Sansa/Shae?

18. Bolton5
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Lollys!

19. Jentario
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Bolton5,

House Stoleworth 5eva!
    EDIT: Oz, do the Tyrion and Sansa Lannister next. It could spark Sansa-fan controversies that would be DELICIOUS.

20. Bolton5
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

yeah, I was hoping for Huisman in a wig, but it seems like Lollys is still a no-show.

21. Caelra
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Great post! I want to read about Arya and The Hound!

22. 3eyes
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Ask and it shall be given. I believe Dany’s arrival in Westeros must be delayed long enough to fulfill the prophecy in The House of the Undying. We saw her in a ruined throne room, which in retrospect seems to imply that taking back the Iron Throne won’t be as easy as her conquests in Esteros.
    As always, appreciate your posts, and please speculate on Varys next.

23. Arkash
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Oz, again, be sure most of us Sullied understand you will to see if the show rocks in itself without reading the books and I highly respect and salute that, myself !

Again, it’s been such a pleasure to read you ! Reading Unsullied speculations is, maybe, the greatest part of the show for me as a Sullied ! Oh how I love reading these !

Please, do the Night’s Watch next ! And the sooner, the better ! ;)

24. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Caelra,

Thank You! Your request seems to be the leader for the next one.

25. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

3eyes,

Remember that scene vividly…. the holes in the roof; the snow coming through (or was it ash, or both?). If that holds any indication, it will be a rough ride…. even for the Mother of Dragons.

Speculation on Varys? My brain just exploded.

26. Kevin
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

i’m curious what impression (if any) you have about the Martells of Dorne

27. 3eyes
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Pull yourself together, I’m counting on your next post:D

28. Red Viper 9
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Oz,

Sullied viewer here, but I just wanted to stop by and commend you for the great job you do in all your posts (this one included). It’s really great to see your speculations and view the show through the eyes of Unsullied. Keep up the great work!

Anyway, since my favorite characters (both book and show) are Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister, I’d really like to read your thoughts on the Night’s Watch/beyond the Wall storyline, and what you think will happen now that all the Lannisters are in King’s Landing.

29. Jentario
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Will he explode in a puff of black smoke? Will he out-talk all the major players in King’s Landing? Or will he grow a set of balls? The possibilities are endless.

30. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

LOL…. ok, I am in.

Red Viper 9,

Thank you Mr. 9. And great suggestions. I will keep them coming.

3eyes,

Ha… no worries. I really hadn’t thought of a post on him, but great idea.

31. 3eyes
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Will he use his web to weave a slow and painful death for Little Finger? Will he use his wizard-in-the-box to take over King’s Landing? Oh, the possibilities!

32. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Arkash,

It has been more of a pleasure for me writing them for you. Very happy they are appreciated. Night’s Watch coming soon!

33. Brandon
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Very great article about Dany. Team Khaleesi always and forever.

34. Movies
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Dany is my favorite character. happy you wrote something about her, it was about time ;)

35. GrzebykK
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

I like your posts. Not knowing what will happen, you have the space to use your imagination, create alternative universes. The Sullied, like myself, can only see how word becomes flesh.
    I know about one person interested in GoT and football (I know there bazillions of them, but I don’t know them). This person is George R.R. Martin. He prefers NFL, I guess, but for me there’s no difference. In fact, many Sullied accuse him of preferring football and neglecting writing.
    Keep on not reading!

36. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

I for one would love to see the Oz take on the future of Cersei and Joffrey. A prediction of who (if anyone) will die in season 4 would be fun too.

Haven’t got anything non spoilery to say about Dany, so I’ll just suggest that the Unsullied should have their own sigil. I think this has been discussed before but am not sure.

I’m thinking a picture of book with a circle and bar symbol over it next to a cut off nipple.

Edit: The sullied sigil should be a picture of a book with a smug face next to it.

37. Starfish
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Team Jorah and Dany always <3 I doubt very much she'll make her way to Westeros next season. And I honestly don't mind. Her story is the most compelling to me, and I long to see where her journey takes her next. I'm so happy to see her established now, she has her dragons, her army and her people. I feel like a proud mama.

38. Zeus
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Dany is the worst Jerry, the worst

39. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

OZFan;),

Quite welcome. I dig your name, BTW.

GoTAddict,

No, you are great, Addict.

40. Markus
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Starfish,

this.

41. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Oz, your the Lorax of the GoT. You speak for the trees….i mean unsullied

42. Ashara D
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Sullied here. LOVE your articles, Oz! Keep your purity so that you can keep writing them.

Next: Arya and the Hound, please. Then maybe poor Sansa and Tyrion.

Thanks for making the time pass!

43. Sandy
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

you forgot to mention the brilliant scene in 3×04. anyway you’re a blessing for the Unsullied

44. Stormborn
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Daenerys!

45. Mormont
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

“Khaaaaaaallllleeeeeeessiiiiiii!!!!!!” :DDD Jorah 4 ever!

46. Balerion
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Great article, as usual Oz! How about Jaime and Brienne next? Or maybe The Hound and Arya :)

47. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Jon Blackfyre,

Thanks! Wait…. Is that a compliment?

Balerion,
    Ashara D,

Arya and the Hound seem to be the popular pick. And thank you all for reading! Very happy you enjoy the series.

48. Staeven
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks Oz,

Keep up the good work.

I appreciate your speculations and am glad you have chosen to share them on WiC.net
    Ignore the comments on other sites and you are correct, you warrant punishment.

Instead of meeting out the punishment or suggesting a character to speculate on next, I’d like to see a little more structure to your speculation.

How about, three sections, Personal, Show & Book. (You could combine Show & Book)

1. What you personally want to happen. e.g. “The anxious irascible side of me wants her to get on the damn boat and go raise hell.

2. How you think the Show will handle the storyline. e.g. “But will the audience grow distant from her if she is not in the thick of the battle for the Throne?

3. How you think the Book storyline would pan out. e.g. “However, I have to believe that the trip across the pond comes at a later date, in a later book, and on a later season.

Go to town on section 1, have fun, entertain us, random speculation. “Oz the Unsullied takes Westeros”.

Reserve sections 2 & 3 for more considered opinion and speculation. Issues like “And then there are the dragons and their expected growth

Keep it up Oz,

Staeven from Aus

49. Kristen
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks for having picked Dany now, I’ve been waiting for it :)

50. Rygar
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious:

I’d be waiting until my mid (maybe even late) 40s to read those books!

Cheers to this.

I’ve been reading them since 2000. Fuck me, eh?

51. Vargo
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

How is PBR a lofty goal? I would hope that when you are grey-haired, perhaps fat, and no longer unsullied…you’d stop to get some real beer.

52. Maester Tcost
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Speaking as one of the Sullied, I think that you do a TREMENDOUS job, Oz, and every once in a while you will be startled at how perceptive you have been. Other times, not so much. :)

My vote for your next topic would be the Lannisters, including Sansa but especially Jaime, and the intertwined Tyrells plus Varys and Shae and Pycelle (nobody ever talks about him enough) in King’s Landing. Arya and the Hound would be good though too.

53. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Vargo,

I was in need of the sarcasm font in terms of the PBR. :)
    Iron throne ale would be preferable, if I could ever find any of it.

54. Greg
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Do a post on the Greyjoys!

55. Silverstormm
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Hey Oz,

Very enjoyable post as always! How about the clan of House Lannister next? Just a suggestion because I don’t really mind who you do or in which order, it’s all good!

ttfn,

56. Udi
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

GrzebykK,

Aww! You stole it from me, hehe.
    So…”By the way, does anyone else share my strange combination of love for Game of Thrones and American College Football?”
    As already mentioned – there is in fact someone into both GoT and Football – the man himself: George RR Martin (NFL, not sure about college footy)

57. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Udi,

You are both correct. From what I have read, he is a huge Jets fan if I remember correctly. And Winter loves the Eagles.

Apparently I stand alone on the NCAA and GoT combo of love.

58. Red Viper 9
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

You’re very welcome, Oz!

And by the way, I’m also a huge college football and GoT fan. I was at a game this past weekend, and plan to be at another one in a few days.

59. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Red Viper 9,

Sweeeet! There are others!

Mind if I ask who you went to see?

60. Red Viper 9
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

No, I do not mind. I was at Northwestern vs. Cal.

61. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Red Viper 9,
    Ah. Sonny Dykes. Came from La Tech. He should do good things at Cal. Or are you Northwestern fan?

62. patchface
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

I won’t spoil anything, But I think you should really read the books. I don’t understand why anyone who enjoys this story would not want to read it :)

63. wic (cold)

Or am I?
    Yeah, I am.
    Or am I?

65. GeekFurious
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

patchface:
    I won’t spoil anything, But I think you should really read the books.I don’t understand why anyone who enjoys this story would not want to read it :)

He explained why.

66. A Man Grown
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Not true! My alma mater South Carolina is ranked #6 and I’m pumped! GOOOO COCKS!

I’ll be going to our game against UCF in a few weeks.

67. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

A Man Grown,

Are you going to beat the UGA Hounds?

68. Josla
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

OZ I’m a Shipper of Danny/Jorah as well!!! I’d love those two to end together. Lets cross fingers and pray to the seven for this to happen. Perhaps we should go further and seize D&D’s family members as hostages to force them to do so?

69. A Man Grown
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

I like our chances. We’ve beaten them three years in a row already, and I think we have our best team during that stretch right now.

On the other hand, I won’t take it for granted. In ’07 we were also ranked #6, and I was there when we lost to Vanderbilt. What a frustrating night that was.

P.S. I see what you did there with Hounds! No fair that UGA gets to be House Clegane while my team is stuck as House Swyft.

70. Nerd
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Oz, love what you are doing and have done with these posts. Keep up the good work.

Just curious, have you ever considered reading the books up to the point the show has covered? Or even just the first one?

71. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Josla,

I like that idea! Of course, we don’t know where the books go in terms of that relationship or anything else for that matter. D&D would presumably follow that story line. (The sullied may argue that point).

Hopefully Dany recognizes how much the man cares for her, even if he is a bit older than she is. Jorah is the man. But if we did the hostage deal, our odds would increase exponentially, regardless of the written word.

Lets plan it!

72. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

A Man Grown,

My apologies Grown Man, but I have no knowledge of the House of Swyft. Maybe being Unsullied is to blame?

However, you can take nothing for granted in the SEC. That much is true. But Murray does not perform well in big games. His record is horrific when it comes to top 10 matchups.

I like your chances too. And if the Hounds lose, the UGA faithful may be calling Ilyn Payne for Richt’s head.

73. A Man Grown
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

I don’t think knowing there is a house called Swyft should spoil anything, but apologies all the same!

The Cleganes call for Richt’s head almost every year, but he sticks around. The most telling problem with his teams is that UGA is always one of the most penalized teams in the country. In matchups with top 10 teams, those penalties can really make a difference.

74. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Nerd,

Thanks a lot Nerd!

The truth is that I started to read the first book as I assumed there would be no harm in doing so. But Fury suggested that I not do it as there could be some content that could be suggestive of future events. Although some disagree, I respect her opinion and made the decision to simply stay away for now.

But I will be honest… I can’t wait to get them. If the show is this spectacular, I can’t fathom how outstanding the written word is.

Thanks for the question my nerdy friend!

75. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

A Man Grown,

No apology necessary.

And you are absolutely correct about the penalties.

Either way, I will be cheering for the Cocks this weekend. And I won’t tell you my who my team of choice is as you may hold it against me in future posts. :)

76. A Man Grown
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    A Man Grown,

P.S. thanks for believing we’ll win this weekend :) I was a little miffed that UGA was ranked ahead of us in the preseason even though we beat them 35-7 last season. Preseason rankings mean little, but still.

Also, is that a painting of Emilia Clarke at the top, or a photo? I liked your discussion of all things Dany and I agree that Ed Skrein was a miscast.

Ooo I might hold it against you huh? Sounds like a fellow SEC fan then. I do try not to be the type to hate on opponents (though I may have failed with regards to Florida while the almighty Tebow was there…)

77. jessie_snow
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Lol. That’s about when I started, too, though I had a really fun time talking through theories with some new sullied recently.

Oz – I love the speculation. My husband is unsullied, and I quiz him before and after each episode to see what made sense, what didn’t, and if he had any idea what will happen next. You writings are much more thorough :D

I would also love a Varys post. Conleth should get 2 Emmy’s every season.

78. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

A Man Grown,

Preseason rankings serve a purpose, but I am not a fan.

I think the pic is a photo that has been slightly shopped. And I appreciate the compliment and quite happy you enjoyed it.

And I can confirm that it is not the gators. Here is a hint….. Game of Threauxns.

79. Nerd
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:16 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

I think Fury is right about things being suggested. You’ll get to them some day and love it!

80. Turncloak
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:17 am | Permalink

DON’T READ THE BOOKS! I love your speculation and theories Oz!

81. Phil
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Took me a second time to realize that picture of Emilia Clarke is a slight-photoshop

82. Turncloak
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:25 am | Permalink

Kings Landing next please :]. And lets get a death prediction!

83. AnneL
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:16 am | Permalink

Another vote for Arya and the Hound!

84. vlad
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:15 am | Permalink

(Sullied) Oz, great post, maybe a little short, in the past you did double predictions. What you thought and after, the crazy idea. Am I wrong? :) I mean isn’t the tagline of the show; nobody is safe? Why do you automatically imagine an optimistic future for Dany?? I’m curious about that.

PS: Don’t waste your time predicting Varys, it is impossible to do so for readers and unsullied alike. I for one think he’s a liar, the best liar in Westeros, but what do I know? :), I’m open to other ideas.

85. Invorvial
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:28 am | Permalink

Thank you, Oz, I’m sitting in the school waiting for a German lesson (with terrible teacher) and this made my day better ;) even as a sullied I always enjoy your predictions and I love your writing style, so keep writing those to make me feel better before other horrible German lessons that are to come :) Thanks

86. Littlefinger01
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 4:16 am | Permalink

Daenerys!!!!!

87. JJ
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 4:24 am | Permalink

“Khaaaaaaallllleeeeeeessiiiiiii!!!!!!”

88. Kael of the Lake
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Hey Oz, great post as always.
    The day when speculations beat the spoilers (and wipe them out of this earth) is at hand. Just hang on for a couple of seasons and then nobody can spoil you (not even the man himself).

I long for this day when every sullied becomes unsullied and then we can squeeze our brains out speculating together.

Your worries and your restlessness are justified.
    Just keep it coming!

89. OldeCrone
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:45 am | Permalink

Now there always has to be one nit-picky person about the smallest fact – Oz, strictly speaking Khaleesi is a widow and not a bachelorette, though I admit widow doesn’t flow so smoothly. Nit-picking apart it is good to read someone who has a lively sense of humour (although as a newcomer to this site, reading some of the old posts and seeing how hot under the collar some folks get because their favourite actor or actress wasn’t given a certain part, maybe as long ago as three years ago, gives me a chuckle). I am semi-sullied or partially sullied having read or listened to some of the books but not all of them.

90. A Man Grown
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 7:01 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

Aha! Hope you guys beat the Tide and Aggies this year. From what I saw you looked the best of the three in week 1. The Visor vs. The Hat would make a great SEC championship game.

I see people suggesting a Varys prediction post…I think that would be difficult but could be awesome. For anyone who’s played Mass Effect, I like to to think of Varys as the Shadow Broker of Westeros. And “Over/Under X episodes” until Dany heads to Westeros would make a nice Vegas bet.

91. dragonreborn
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Hi Oz! I enjoy your posts a lot and look forward to them.
    However, (please don’t think I’m not sincere with what I said bcz of the however!! ::) )
    This one was a little dissapointing for me. There could be more things to speculate about danny. This looong post only had a one short paragraph of guesses.

I’m a sullied and it’s great to read your posts and make fun of them. please concentrate more the next time. I’m looking forward for your looking forwards

92. GeekFurious
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones:
    Nerd,

Book 2, however, definitely foreshadows things that season 2 didn’t.

93. Christopher
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Victor,

simply not. Daenerys!

94. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 9:45 am | Permalink

vlad,
    You are correct…. I did the “likely” and “unlikely” for the old prediction post during the season. Although assumptions are a dangerous thing in this fantasy world, I think most assume Dany will at least make it to Westeros one day. But it would be insane to believe that there will not be losses during the journey, possibly including one of the dragons. I guess I am optimistic that she will indeed arrive there. But for the journey to, or after the arrival, not so much.

Invorvial,
    If this post helped you survive German lessons, then mission accomplished whether it was intended or not. Glad I could help. Study hard. Wish I could be some assistance with the German itself but as you can tell, I struggle enough with English.

OldeCrone,
    LOL…. duly noted. I don’t mind some nit-pickery. I actually did think about that when I typed it. Why does the word “widow” make me think of old ladies? Regardless, welcome to the party. Hope you hang out with us for years to come!

95. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:16 am | Permalink

A Man Grown,
    Hat vs. Visor would be outstanding. It would also mean that one of us would likely be headed to the NC. Either way, beat the Hounds tomorrow!
    I’m still pondering the Varys post, BTW.

dragonreborn,
    I agree. And admittedly, I struggled with this one at times. I honestly expected that after Astapor, Dany and the boys would jump on the next boat they could find regardless of the size of the dragons or her army. Then Razdal offered her ships, yet she chose to stay and free the slaves anyway. It was tough, especially considering how little we know of Essos from the show itself. However, a man shall strive to do better!

And GeekFurious,
    Thanks for respecting my decision to not read the books for now!

96. Rhys
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Where did you find the painting, out of interest? It’s very good.

97. Roekest
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

GeekFurious,

The changes from the book to the show have been done pretty well. Where they changed parts, the changed them in such a way that they make sense and fit into the overall narrative: whilst all these Westerosi are vying for the throne, betraying one another to curry favor with the Lannisters, and Dany and the Dragons over in Essos trying to get back with some semblance of an army, the real story is that there are these undead ice monsters in the North and a, as of yet, really unknown fire god (R’hllor) in the South, with the Nightwatch as the only group willing to accept that something much worse is coming down the pike other than some petty squabbles about a really uncomfortable chair.

98. NOTABOOKREADER
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:46 am | Permalink

GeekFurious,

I think that takes away from the experience….there is not greater feeling IMO than not knowing what is going to happen. That makes the possibilities endless. Imagine the difference in emotional response between Non Book Readers and Book Readers to the RW.

99. Rhaegal
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Christopher,

This.

100. Ours is the Fury
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:14 am | Permalink

GeekFurious: There isn’t much of anything in the first book that could spoil future events any more than season 1 could.
    Book 2, however, definitely foreshadows things that season 2 didn’t.

Some of Ned’s memories in AGOT are important and, while not clear-cut spoilers, I think they hint really hard at some things. They certainly helped form a lot of theories for me. (That’s a vague, garbled explanation but I can’t get specific without mentioning stuff.) So if someone’s going to stay Unsullied, it’s best to avoid reading from the get-go.

101. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Rhys: Where did you find the painting, out of interest? It’s very good.

Wow, I agree.

The ASoI&F 2011-2014 calanders are full of beautiful and awesome art….but unfortunately for many UnSullied, they are full of major spoilers!

I must say there are many amazingly talented folks putting stunning ASoI&F-related fan art out there. So many have been inspired by the books and the show. Every day I find something new out there in the ether, whether it be a new depiction of a written scene, a multi-media expansion of a GoT scene, or research done to demonstrate ASoI&F’s relevance to mythology and historic works and events (and even current events).

Fun! Oz, please carry on!

102. biobi
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

I call BS on Oz not knowing anything about the book content

103. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:29 am | Permalink

biobi,
    Whaaaaaat?
    I swear I’ve never cracked them. Hell, I don’t even own any of them. I do have the first two graphic novels (gifts from a fine gent), but as of this moment I haven’t cracked them either.

104. House Mormont
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:30 am | Permalink

As a Unsullied converting (I’m currently reading a Dance and a Feast combined) I loved your posts as an Unsullied and a Sullied and I also ship Jorah and Dany sooo much

ps if you live in the UK, Sky Atlantic is playing all three seasons of GoT starting this Sunday at 9pm

105. Dragons
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

DRACARYS

106. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Sullied here. Always enjoy your speculation Oz and glad to have something to read occasionally for these upcoming winter months.
    I’m Canadian so I have hockey to keep me occupied until the next season rolls around. I’ve taken my love of GoT and the NHL to a new extreme this year, however. Naming my fantasy hockey teams after the various houses and using their sigils for my team logos, ha!

107. arden
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Loki,

LOL!!

108. Enrique
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

the pic of Dany is so beautiful

109. UnsulliedFan
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

i hope the dragons burn every Bolton, Frey, and Lannister except of Tyrion. Dany became really powerful and i’m excited how she makes it to Westeros ( i’m an Unsullied and i speculate that she will make it). also hope she could meet Arya or Sansa.

110. Dragons125
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Another Unsullied here, Oz, I enjoy your posts! Dany is one of my favorite characters. I am SO glad I am not alone in that i despise the character of Dario… (not sure if it was due to the actor, but he just came off as SO smarmy and arrogant). Hope she ends up with Jorah!

I am also another NCAA sports fan, although much more basketball than football. I did catch our first game last weekend though. It’s our first year in the ACC, so i’m interested to see how we do!

111. Peter
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Believe me Oz, you’re not making an ass of yourself. I’ve read the books 4 times and still would be clueless if it weren’t for the Westeros.org forums. Figuring out what JUST happened is complex enough, let alone what’s GOING to happen.

I’ll root for Penn State or VT casually, but being from Philly I’m a hardcore Eagles fan. I’ve emailed GRRM a few times to take some low-brow shots at the Gmen, but he always responds with class. Argh.

112. Bones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

My theory, which may seem far-fetched but would make even more sense given the recast, is that perhaps Daario is in fact our old face-changing friend formerly known as Jaqen. That’d be rather interesting.

113. Willi
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

is it possible that Daario could be Jaqen?
    and thanks for dealing with Dany this time, she’s my favorite character!

114. Kevin
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

how about a post where you predict Season 4 character deaths?

115. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Rickard Greyjoy,
    I am guilty of doing the same thing, except with my fantasy football team (Bolton’s Bastards). I told all of the people in my league to prepare to be flayed. They said “huh?”

UnsulliedFan, Dragons125,
    The Unsullied army is growing!

Bones,
    Ozzette has a theory similar to yours. I will cover it later.

Kevin,
    It shall be done.

116. TheRedStag
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Dany is the worst………..just the worst

117. Red Viper 9
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

I’m a partisan of the Golden Bears. And yes, we’re all really excited about Coach Dykes; even though we lost last weekend, we looked competent in defeat, as opposed to the increasingly sorry displays of the past two seasons.

118. Kevin
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

regarding NCAA football, I’m from Brooklyn, and we don’t have any teams worth watching around here. St John’s doesn’t have a team, Syracuse is 250 miles away, and Rutgers is in Jersey. I’ll watch a game here and there, but I don’t have a team to root for. as for the NFL, like GRRM, I root for the Jets, and hate the Patriots with a passion

119. Smith
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

TheRedStag,

lol no

120. Tommen
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

TheRedStag,

i strongly disagree with that

121. Listen 2 Ghost!
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

As a Sullied I’d just like to add that your speculation articles are this site’s best posts during the horrid, awful, never-ending offseason (well other than the juicy casting bits, but that goes without saying). As for what to cover next my vote is for my favorite character on the page and on the screen, Arya Stark!

122. Simon
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

thanks for the nice recap about Dany, she’s one of my favorites

123. Listen 2 Ghost!
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Regarding College Football, I’m a fan of the Kansas State Wildcats, and by that I mean I’m a severely depressed alcoholic.

124. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

Simon,
    No problemo.

Listen 2 Ghost!,

That’s a hell of a compliment and I really appreciate it (although many would likely disagree including myself)! Arya and Hound are definitely in the lead.

And try not to drown your sorrows about North Dakota State, although I know that was a tough one to swallow. Especially at the beginning of the season. Ugh. I’ll drink one for you.

125. LordNoga1981
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Interesting predictions. I always enjoy seeing what an unsullied thinks.

126. TheBerylfly
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 5:32 am | Permalink

Can someone please explain to me the universal love for Jorah?
    Anyway, Oz, great article, I think I won’t be alone in saying that following your logic is entertaining and enlightening. Would you consider doing the Lannisters (papa Tywin and (not)inheriting trio) next? Or is the spot booked already?

127. John
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 7:22 am | Permalink

Oz of Thrones… I’m concerned regarding your recent post..

What the ..? The Lord of Light??
    Do I have to remember you on your vows?

I am now sworn by oath to John and all of the fine readers of WiC. Here it is:
    I do solemnly swear by the Old Gods and the New [...] I shall remain Unsullied [...] I swear this oath from this day, until my last day. Signed in blood…. -Oz

Aren’t you keeping your vows holy? Do you remember what happened to the last guy who couldn’t keep his vows (regarding marrying the daughter of a certain bridge-owning man)?
    ;-)

Back to business:
    Will you keep on writing 1 post per month?
    You could cover us with your great articles until the pre-season interviews, which would be great ;-)

I’m personally looking for:
    - the watch
    - the wildlings (there are enough for an extra article, I guess)
    - the Lannisters
    - the Tyrells
    - the rest aka. Varys, Walder Frey, Hot Pie, Lord Beric and other(s)

Cheers,
    John

128. Oz of Thrones
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 7:58 am | Permalink

TheBerylfly,
    Consider it considered. The spot is never booked, but I have had many votes for Arya and the Hound. Either way, PawPaw Tywin will be done!
    Now John,
    I was chosen by the Seven or possibly The Lord of Light, but my solemn vow remains to the Seven. Regardless, I will stay true to my oath from this day until my last day.

And why are you digging up old posts? A man can’t be held accountable for things he said months ago. That’s for politicians :)

Just kidding. I am sworn by oath and I will not make the same mistake as that other guy.

And you only desire one post a month? Is that all you can stand? What gives Chewie?

129. Jared
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Loving this series, Oz. As usual, your thoughtful speculation and honest appreciation for both the series and your fellow fans are a genuine pleasure to read. I hope that you will continue to be a fixture on this site for as long as you are willing to do so, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and predictions for the characters residing in King’s Landing and at the Wall, and any one else you wish to check in with as we all wait for Season 4!

As several other readers have already confirmed, you are certainly not alone in your passion for both Game of Thrones and college football. For me, these 15 Saturdays in the fall are some of the very best daysof the year. I’ll watch nearly any game, even if I don’t have a real stake in the outcome – last week’s heated clash between Clemson and Georgia was fantastic.

My allegiance lies with the Stanford Cardinal (my alma mater) and the Nebraska Cornhuskers (the team my family and I grew up rooting for), with Stanford taking precedence should the two teams ever meet. So lots of Red in my house, and hopefully no weddings this fall – for several reasons! I’m particularly excited about the Stanford this year, as I think that they’ve got an elite team capable of competing with the very best in the country. I’ve traveled to their bowl games for the past 4 years ,and I hope to be making a return trip to Pasadena next January for either the Rose Bowl or the National Championship! As for Nebraska, while their offense continues to be a force, their once-proud Blackshirt defense continue to struggle mightily (602 yards for Wyoming last week). I foresee many shootouts in their future, and a lot of heartburn in mine.

Wherever colors your house wears on Saturdays, cheers and happy viewing!

130. Listen 2 Ghost!
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Oz of Thrones,

I’m also a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals so there is a strong possibility I’m a masochist.

131. JP Dayne
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

I like how hard the guy tries to pretend he doesn’t know what’s coming next, and his “reasons” behind his analysis. Really entertaining!

132. Sylphic
    Posted September 10, 2013 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Always a pleasure to read these. Rock on, House Oz!

133. Jefe
    Posted September 10, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

So as an unsullied watcher I’m going to go out and offer my own prediction on where Dany is going. I seems to notice that sympathetic characters make bad mistakes or go bad and clearly unsympathetic characters over time get reformed think about Tyrion or the Hound. Dany Is too sympathetic and I did not like the foreshadowing in the Mhysa scene where she seems slightly too ecstatic at the religious adoration she was getting. We’ve seen flashes of her short temper and I think in the next season she’s going to make some tough decisions that make her quite unsympathetic maybe killing off a beloved character, or doing something unscrupulous but justified by her quasi-religious perspective.

It’s too easy now to want her to take the throne. Her righteousness will be questioned. I think Snow will end up her moral balance and bring her stability.

134. stev
    Posted September 11, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

This is horrible, just read the fkn book.

135. Roekest
    Posted September 11, 2013 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Jefe:
    So as an unsullied watcher I’m going to go out and offer my own prediction…maybe killing off a beloved character, or doing something unscrupulous but justified by her quasi-religious perspective.

As a sullied watcher, I won’t spoil Dany’s arc for you or anyone else, but I will say this: your theory is a lot more interesting than what happens. And some of it could be interpreted as on the mark.

Now, as to your Snow comment, I think that’s somewhat of a bullseye. My theory has always been that Dany has 3 dragons, therefore she needs 2 more riders. The last book hints at who one rider may be, but I’ll go out on a limb and say rider #3 will be Snow. Or at least, Bran. Who knows? Maybe Snow is a rider in the truest sense, in that Bran controls the beast, but Snow rides on it and…I don’t know, fires arrows from it.

136. John
    Posted September 11, 2013 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Jefe:

Yeah, Jon Snow will bring balance to the force! :D

137. Saulo
    Posted September 11, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

This show has always been surprising, of course. But by reading posts like this, we sullied can know how well constructed these tv characters are, if their feelings and thoughts are as clear for viewers as it is for us, who read their inner monologues and other details in the books. I love this speculation and the characters you’ve chosen for the posts…

… But I got a feeling that we readers will always be more excited for the characters who didn’t make their appearences yet.

And my comment about Daario, well, I’ll keep it to myself since this is a spoiler-free zone.

138. Valyrian eyes
    Posted September 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

TheBerylfly:
    Can someone please explain to me the universal love for Jorah?

I can relate. When the Unsullied claim to love him, I understand; Ian Glen is awesome and handsome. But when sullieds start to praise him and go “OMG DANY POOR HIM” I’m like -.-’

Anyway, awesome post Oz, keep ‘em coming!

139. Davor
    Posted September 19, 2013 at 2:02 am | Permalink

My dear Oz, it’s great writing and I really enjoy (although I belong to Sullied) reading both your recaps and predictions.

Is there any shortcut to just your articles?

Keep on!

Davor

140. Aphrodite
    Posted September 21, 2013 at 12:47 am | Permalink

I think you should do Jaime next. After all, this whole entire story evolved from Jaime and Cercei’s being caught by Bran, Jaime pushing him out the window thus the attempt on Bran’s life, Catelyn Stark taking Tyrion prisoner, the war etc, etc. Yet when Jaime came back after walking through the fires of hell to get there, Cercei looked at him like something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe. I would like to hear your predictions on what happens between them (and when Jaime finds out of her betrothal).