Game of Owns: Play Time, Dire Wolf!
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Enjoy this latest episode of Game of Owns, wherein your fearless hosts discuss the latest emails and comments, while also breaking down Bran’s fourth chapter in A Clash of Kings. Happy Friday!

Episode 143 – Play Time, Dire Wolf!

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 28: Bran IV
Zack and Eric return with friends in tow, the Reeds have joined Bran for some much needed recreation away from the grown ones who know too much, and Hodor decides to take a swim without most of his clothes.

Discussion Topics
Glass half empty syndrome
Magic even in our world?
Hanging with Summer
Running from Summer
Scope of these pages
Owns of the Chapter
ERIC READS THE TWEETS
Comments, emails, ravens

1. Rygar
    Posted September 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Geekfurious :)

2. A wildling Bastard
    Posted September 13, 2013 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Hodooo…

3. sunspear
    Posted September 13, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

So I’ve been listening to a lot of the old podcasts, and I just have one question.

Is Selina actually Swedish or not?

4. Arthur
    Posted September 13, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Check out this video on YouTube:

5. Chickenduck
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 1:18 am | Permalink

sunspear:

Is Selina actually Swedish or not?

I actually thought she was Danish, but had also lived in the UK?

She’s called herself a Swede on the podcast before though… I have Danish friends who would be grievously insulted to be called Swedes (they got annoyed when at the Europapark in Germany there was a Scandinavian-themed roller coaster that included a Swedish flag but no Danish).

6. Jentario
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Arthur,

Old but still awesome.

7. Samwell
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 5:37 am | Permalink

Daenerys

8. no
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 5:40 am | Permalink

zZzZzZzZzZzZz

9. Second Daughter
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 7:11 am | Permalink

Hey! Are we not going to get a poll for the WIC awards this week?! :)

10. Rygar
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Second Daughter,

Or Saturday laughs?

11. Rabid Grunt
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Great as usual! Keep up the good work guys!

12. Bryan
    Posted September 14, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

sunspear:

Is Selina actually Swedish or not?

13. Chickenduck
    Posted September 15, 2013 at 1:28 am | Permalink

Bryan: I also have the same question. I can not hear the swenglish accent that most of the Swedish people talk with. Heja Sverige!

As said above, I think she lived in the UK for a while. She sounds pretty similar to Danes and Swedes I know who’ve lived in Australia long term.

14. Chickenduck
    Posted September 15, 2013 at 1:30 am | Permalink

Also guys, you confused Chariots Of Fire (80s movie with running) with Chariots Of The Gods (book by crackpot alien conspiracy theorist).

15. Chickenduck
    Posted September 15, 2013 at 4:50 am | Permalink

One last thing, in the absence of anything else to talk about at this point in time, the film rights to “Chariots of the Gods” were apparently bought by someone a few years ago. No idea how you’d make a movie out of it, but there you go. Might be like an Indiana Jones thing? Could maybe even spawn more insanity than 2012 did!

Also, random trivia, the original German title (it was written by a Swiss guy) was “Memories of the Future” which I think sounds better.

16. Pamela (aka pluisa)
    Posted September 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

I enjoyed the topic of Luwin’s resistance to Bran’s questions of green dreams and the possibility that there could have existed magic in our world today if only we had followed the Reeds’ philosophy back during the Enlightenment period, instead of Luwin’s! Fun!