Game of Owns: Damsel in Distress
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Episode 148 – Damsel in Distress

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 32: Sansa III
Joffrey and his evil deeds appear to have no horizon moving forward into another chapter of Clash of Kings, with your favorite companions of GOO thin of number and stomach for Sansa’s visit to the Iron Throne.

Discussion Topics

Jesus Christ

5. Rygar
    Posted September 28, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Willem Dafoe as Jesus Christ

6. Siobhán Mooney
    Posted September 28, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

A very interesting listen. Thanks for sharing!

7. Auren
    Posted September 28, 2013 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Alayne :D

8. Jentario
    Posted September 29, 2013 at 12:43 am | Permalink

Jesus Christ as Willem Dafoe

9. jon snow
    Posted September 29, 2013 at 5:06 am | Permalink
  10. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted September 29, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    Willem Dafoe as Jesus Christ

Interesting that WD plays both JC and Lucifer very well.

By the way, regarding your comment from a few days back: (“Oh and Lena Dunham nude is worse to endure.”)…Last night’s SNL did a great parody of her and the “Girls” gang. Totally nailed a spoof of that silly show. Also, Aaron Paul of BB made a few fun cameos ahead of tonight’s final BB episode.

11. Tami
    Posted September 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

lol no. Daenerys rules!

12. Jentario
    Posted September 29, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Tami,

… the Slaver’s Bay. And good for her! Stannis can hold on to the Iron Throne while she’s out freeing slaves and whatnot half the way across the world.

In all seriousness, though, I don’t really think he’ll get the Iron Throne nor do I particularly want him to, but it doesn’t make the character any less awesome XD

EDIT: Speaking as a book reader, but I wouldn’t call it a spoiler. Merely an opinion.

13. OldeCrone
    Posted October 2, 2013 at 7:08 am | Permalink

I’m relatively new to both books and series (and haven’t finished the books) – got to the Epilogue where a hooded lady comes out to judge a Frey. I know a lot of people don’t like Sansa but I feel sorry for the poor kid. I was a forum which is not related to “Game of Thrones” and somehow got on to the Disney film “Lady and the Tramp” (it’s something of a classic but well over 50 years old so I don’t know if today’s teenagers and young adults will be familiar with it). In one of the sub-plots two naughty Siamese kitties cause trouble and the frame the household spaniel named Lady whereupon poor Lady gets sent to the pound. Lady is quite a posh dog but she is rescued by Tramp a rough boy dog. I wondered if GRRM could be giving a slight nod to the Disney classic – Sansa’s late lamented direwolf was called Lady so I wondered if the parallel of a posho and a very rough Hound could be deliberate. Of course, Lady liked Tramp much more than Sansa ever liked the Hound. Mind you, I have been told I have a lively imagination.
    P.S. Thanks for the insightful podcast.

14. OldeCrone
    Posted October 6, 2013 at 8:34 am | Permalink

OldeCrone,

Above comment should read “frame the household spaniel” not “the frame the”. I thought I had proofread too …..