- The big one of the month was the first behind-the-scenes feature (coupled with a further “Raven” teaser), which was announced, aired, dissected, and reacted to in front of (y)our eyes. I remember the day fondly, as well as all the work we had with the stills.
- As a big part of HBO’s promo effort was the unveiling of their production blog. In the first year, Bryan Cogman contributed the bulk of the content for it, and there was a series of great “Artisans” videos as well.
- On the casting front, we got our Ilyn Payne (the great Wilko Johnson, now sadly fighting a serious illness), Myrcella and Tommen (Aimee ‘Princess Indigo’ Richardson, and Callum Wharry, respectively), Illyrio was recast with Roger Allam, Rickon and Mirri Maz Duur (Art ‘King of Panels’ Parkinson, and Mia Soteriou, repsectively).
- Filming continued apace, in the studio, at castles, and in the Irish countryside (with such classic scenes as the prologue, the Hand’s tournament, and Ned confronting Robert after they found Arya). Malta was also prepped for filming.
- Alfie Allen and Amrita Acharia got each some press time, praising the show and its importance for their careers.
- Last but not least, there was word of the second season being considered already back then. This officially became a reality half a year down the line, of course.
Hear Me Roar: Please share your own memories of the time in the comments.