MGoT: An Eyrie Comes to an End
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Production.
Eyrie

Photo by Neil Davidson

Making Game of Thrones has a new update, detailing the breaking down of the Eyrie – that’s right, the set that has stood since the first season is surprisingly being torn down.

According to the report from Cat Taylor:

Designed by Gemma Jackson and constructed in one of the large cells in the old Paint Hall building, the Eyrie set was a full set. No trick shots or VFX were necessary to create the walls that stood in the round. They were built that way, in sections similar to pie slices, on a towering timber frame built with a raised platform to accommodate space for the moon door.

Because of this, the set has to be torn down section by section, effectively reversing the building process for each part. Overseen by our marvelous Tommy “Tucker” Spence, four riggers, four stage hands and two carpenters are all working to bring it down safely. Each and every tile and step is broken down and taken away. The scaffold shell seems larger now that the walls are down; the winding stairs, suspended 4-feet off the ground, now lead nowhere. The circular tiled floor has had its slabs pulled up, and the doors and pillars have been salvaged for other sets in the future. The work only pauses on days when the cells next door are being used for filming.

What is it making way for? That, my darlings, is a secret…for now.

Without giving away too much for the non-book-reading viewers, it is expected for some scenes to take place at the Eyrie beyond season 4. It looks like the scenes will be set only in rooms other than the memorable great hall going forward, unless the show throws us a major curveball, and moves the action away from the Eyrie altogether.

Ours is the Fury: The Eyrie’s High Hall with the weirwood throne and Moon Door is one of my favorite sets, so I’m sad to see it go. But it’s always exciting to see what new set designs GoT will come up with.

1. zaenyth
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Does this mean that certain scenes have already been filmed or is this bad news?

2. Anvil
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink

That’s unexpected.

3. Nick_Scryer
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Interesting that they’re taking it down :(

I thought too they’d use it for the forseeable future, It’s not essential but it would have been nice. One thing of note, that very easily could be me jumping the gun but considering this means they’ve filmed the “Only Cat” scene…That sky doesn’t look very snowy. Have they done away with Sansa’s snow castle? I hope not.

4. D'Arcy
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:08 am | Permalink

They already filmed the end of Season 4? Surprising.

I do wonder what they’re putting in it’s place…

Maybe Bloodraven’s cave?

5. D'Arcy
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Nick_Scryer:

I hope you’re jumping the gun. That is one of the most excellent and visual chapters in the entire series. One of my favourite. If Sansa isn’t building a snow castle… I don’t even want to think about that. It’s essential.

6. serum
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

does this mean they already filmed lysa being tossed out of the moon door by petyr?

7. Crozyr
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

I am afraind that they are moving through the material even faster than I thought. :(

8. Matt
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Can’t wait for that scene.

9. Giantsbabe
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

The fact that they have kept the High Hall up to this point in season four’s production means it had obviously been used up until recently… Wondering what’s getting put in it’s place :)

10. Jake Umber
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:33 am | Permalink

I think it’s about time that we accept the fact that they’re going to be flying through the material from here on out, cutting out the fat and only adapting the essential scenes from the novels and then scenes necessary for the visual adaptation itself. Seven or eight seasons isn’t enough to include everything going forward.

11. biobi
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Nick_Scryer:
    Interesting that they’re taking it down :(

lol

12. Tar Kidho
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

somehow seeing this boned-out set makes me sad…

13. GreatJon of Slumber
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

They do film scenes out of order, basically, and I think it very well means they’ve filmed “Only Cat” already. The later action at the Eyrie doesn’t need to take place in the High Hall – Baelish is only the protector, not ruler there, and appearances are important to him. He’d meet the Lords Declarant or Sansa in other rooms, other places, smaller antechambers, that kind of thing.

But once again, people are already starting to read too much into this. Those panels, from the sky, don’t necessarily need to be when it was snowing. Could have been filmed earlier.

14. TheBerylfly
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink

They are taking it down mid-season, so I am going to be optimistic and suggest Lysa had already gone skydiving
    About Sansa’s castle… some things are essential for character development and detalisation of the story in our book-reader opinion, but as evidenced many, many times showrunners don’t think so (see: Sansa kneeling, Jaime being much worse at swordplay, etc)
    Regardless, I am going to miss that set(

15. azad injejikian
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Although there is a finality to the tone of the blog posting, sets can always be reassembled for filming (unless they’re junked). they’re made to be built and torn apart cleanly

I hope they use the space for something grand like the KingsMoot

16. Ser Endrew Tarth
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

D’Arcy: They already filmed the end of Season 4? Surprising.I do wonder what they’re putting in it’s place…Maybe Bloodraven’s cave?

That was my first thought as well (BR’s cave) or possibly the Temple of the Faceless Men

17. Clob
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

What about when all those people are thrown out the moon door in book 7!? :P I suppose it can be reconstructed if absolutely essential for future events that are unknown at this time. Still, it’s a shame that such a great set was used for so few scenes, albeit great ones.

18. Garlan the Gallant
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Clob,

But in AFFC the Eyrie was abandoned anyway for the coming winter.

19. Garlan the Gallant
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:15 am | Permalink

Jake Umber,

You have no real evidence to back this up. And the castings of secondary characters like Yohn Royce, Ellaria Sand, Anya Waynwood, and Tycho Nestoris seem to suggest the opposite

20. Siobhán Mooney
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:18 am | Permalink

I seem to recall that after “Only Cat” the main hall with the Moon Door wasn’t much used, with an excuse given of how much it reminded Petyr, Sweetrobin, etc., of Lysa’s demise. And I feel it’s fair to say that “Only Cat” has to happen before the end of Season 4.

Incidentally, speaking of the series’ faithfulness to the books, I recently came across a series of stunning essays about a certain storyline in ADwD, which really transformed my outlook on this plot: http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/ As you might guess from the url, it’s about Dany in Meereen. I wonder if the illustrious Mr. Cogman has seen this or how one might get it to him if he hasn’t. I think that the show could really benefit from taking a few leaves from this interpretation of events. They have the added benefit of being able to ask GRRM if it’s what he intended or if the interpretation is totally of the wall. Assuming it’s right, it’s a bit humbling to think that GRRM put so much more into this plot than I picked up on and I hope that the show can make these layers a bit more explicit for viewers.

21. ACatLover
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Wow. You people are aware that TV shows, particularly GoT, are not filmed in order, right? I’m sure they’ve already taken care of ASOS business at the Eyrie. Also, it’s completely possible that they’ve filmed one or two scenes for season 5 there already.

22. The Dragon Demands
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:47 am | Permalink

After the end of book 3 (corresponding to the end of season 4), they don’t really need the main hall anymore. Mild spoilers, but they actually leave the Eyrie itself at the end of book 4 – simply to shift to their winter quarters further down at the Gates of the Moon (a Westeros winter, lasting years, is too severe to surviving at the Eyrie itself, way up in the mountains).

So given that space in the Paint Hall is at a premium….we don’t actually need the massive main hall set anymore.

23. sayed
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Clob,

What book 7 are you talking about ?

24. Jim
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

lol @ Sansa’s snow castle being “essential.”

25. D'Arcy
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Jim:
    lol @ Sansa’s snow castle being “essential.”

Well, I mean you could just laugh, or maybe you could expand on that. Not only does it show insight into her character but it really is the trigger for a series of events that follow. Please, tell me how it’s not essential.

26. Harry Lime
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

D’Arcy,

They don’t have to film the season in any specific order, so it’s very likely that they shot the scene already.

27. cantuse
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

The Dragon Demands,

Not that I’m particularly bothered, but if you consider something a mild spoiler you should probably use the spoiler tags. That said, I don’t really consider what you posted much of a spoiler at all.

I’m not saying that as some kind of forum police, but rather as someone who’s been busted for failing to use them myself. :/

28. ShadowStalker
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

D’Arcy,

Reading the books about Sansa’s snow castle is great… but think about it from a logist point of view. Are you going to bring in snow for Sophie Turner to try and mold and not have it melt. Which probably won’t turn out nearly as beautiful as it does in your mind from the books. CGI it? I mean if they do it great… but I can see logistic issues where perhaps they change it. And it still ends in the same place.

This is one of those instances where because we love the way it is done in the books makes us HAVE to have it… when perhaps there is a way to accomplish the same thing but maybe in a different way.

Not saying it is changing… but if it does… it isn’t necessarily worth flipping a table.

29. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Siobhán Mooney:
    I seem to recall that after “Only Cat” the main hall with the Moon Door wasn’t much used, with an excuse given of how much it reminded Petyr, Sweetrobin, etc., of Lysa’s demise.And I feel it’s fair to say that “Only Cat” has to happen before the end of Season 4.

I wonder who will be blamed for Lysa’s forced moondive in GoT? Looking forward to that sequence of events.

30. Rygar
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Can I have the fake tit if they are throwing it away?

31. GeekFurious
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

They are taking the set down, not destroying it. On most productions, if they never plan on using a set again, they don’t spend hours taking it down piece by piece. They take a sledge hammer to it.

32. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

ShadowStalker:
    D’Arcy,

33. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Just speaking of snow, I would love for the show to start showing that it is getting colder throughout Westeros. I’ll be interested to see what they do for King’s Landing when Winter arrives. The series is at a point where the climate needs to start changing.

34. tysnow
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Could they be replacing one throne room with another, one that will be utilized for more than the other over seasons five and six. I am speaking of course of the one that commands the view of a city, perched high atop a pyramid, which viewers will be introduced to this upcoming season.

35. ShadowStalker
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I agree. Just saying that if they find a way to tell that scene a different way… we shouldn’t be surprised.

And as you mentioned alot of what makes that scene great from the books is because it is internalized. Which has at times has been difficult for the show to “get right”. It is an advantage the written word has over this medium.

Again not saying that they won’t do it… or that it isn’t possible… but just understanding potential issues and how they may change things to deal with these issues.

36. dogs
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Except:

37. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

ShadowStalker:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

I totally concur….the snow and castle building will be a challenge not to look silly. But like TP stated above, the snow needs to start falling and serving its prophetic purpose in Westeros. “Winter is Coming” isn’t just a family slogan…it is a major part of the next phase of the story.

38. GG
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

They might just reassemble it later cos they need the space right now. I doubt it’s the last time we see it ever.If Sansa does indeed marry the heir to the Eyrie in future books, they’d have to marry in the throne room

39. Bethany
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

As a reader I always assumed there would be more Eerie in coming books, but if it’s been abandoned due to winter, well, logically since winter will likely last throughout “A Dream of Spring” then Sansa, Littlefinger, and Sweetrobin re-occupying the Eerie proper is unlikely. Vale events will likely play out where they currently are. And as I recall there’s only two major scenes in the actual throne room in SoS–”Only Cat” and when the Lords Declarant come to interview the alleged killer and take a look around.

40. Joshua Atreides
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Cue knee jerk reactions in 1…2… Oh never mind.

41. Jentario
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Nick_Scryer,

Well, the Throne room isn’t set outside, so the fact that they are dismantling this specific set doesn’t say much about that. It would be really sad if they don’t include that amazing scene.

OT: That scene will likely be Meereen internals, considering shooting for Dany scenes is done in Croatia. It’s time for internal scenes.

It’s either that or the Battle of the Wall with a bunch of greenscreens.

42. Jentario
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Jim,

But it was a great scene. So what if it can be done differently, the show would be better with it than without it.

43. Lady of Highgarden
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard: The scene is wonderful on many levels, including her interaction with LF, the sudden kiss, and Lysa observing from above…many things get set in motion afterwards…but the scene primarily works as a piece where we get inside Sansa/Alayne’s head as she reflects on her lost past and uncertain future. It’s a beautiful, telling scene that shouldn’t be dismissed.

44. House Baggins
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

They Could just be redesigning it like they did with Walder Frey’s Main Hall. The snow castle is essential. Going to be an interesting translation to television.

45. Ser Endrew Tarth
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

After changes like leaving out “Weasel Soup” I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for “Sansa’s snow castle” lol.

46. Jentario
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Ser Endrew Tarth,

Yeah… Hopefully D&D will find a way to make it work.

47. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Lady of Highgarden: I really don’t want to lose that scene and I agree that it shouldn’t be dismissed, but the problem is that most of these reflections you speak of only happen in her head and we know because it’s her POV, but it might not come across that well on TV

Maybe the stuff in her head could come across as exposition (not sexposition) with LF before the sudden kiss? That is very doable (as long as they get the snow right…)!

Lysa’s reaction to the kiss is critical as well…perhaps LF wanted her to see…?

48. Julie
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Sansa’s snow castle very important!!!
    It is the best Sansa scene .

49. GeekFurious
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

dogs:
    GeekFurious,

Except:

Still no sledgehammers so, likely to return some day if necessary.

50. GeekFurious
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

COME ON… some of you… use the damn spoiler tags. Even mentioning the snow castle could be seen as a MAJOR SPOILER.

51. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious:

Hell, Sansa at the Vale is a damn spoiler. Sorry, we’ve choked that chicken.

52. House Mormont
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Actually I’ve thought about this scene a lot and how it would translate to tv. And I gathered that it was powerful because it showed how young and delicate she is and how much she misses home and happiness, and that can be shown by how much effort she puts into it and how worked up and emotional she gets when she can’t do the glass gardens and how she explodes when Sweetrobin destroys it.

And while it would be hard for Sophie to do… it’s not supposed to be perfect… she’s playing the part of a 14 year old

53. House Mormont
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

also I’m very intrigued as to how the Only Cat scene will play out with the moon door on the floor in the middle of the room rather than on a wall.

I don’t think it would be a problem but it was so easy to visualise Sansa being edged out and grabbing at the edges of the walls for dear life

54. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

House Mormont:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

Well put. In Sophie I trust. I hope the showrunners give her the meaty scenes she needs/deserves in S4. This is a great opportunity to expand her exposure in GoT as well as foreshadow a bit of the Westeros future.

I wish the Blue Grace would chime in here. “She” is a sincere Sansa advocate and has been brutally descriptive about her with me in the past. :-)

55. Jacarb
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

There is no way the show will include the stop at House Baelish’s finger. Taking that out, and assuming Sansa is out of King’s Landing by episode three, one season could easily be enough to show the requisite Eyrie scenes, wrapping with the descent to the Gates of the Moon.

We’ve got…
    One episode to arrive, meet some new people, and feel awkward around Lysa.
    Another for the snow castle/only Cat sequence.
    Another for some Lords Declarant and Rob[in] creeping on Sansa.
    One more to leave.

Or it could be stretched out. It’s just not too much. Plus, we don’t know how much material Sansa has going forward; maybe the Lords Declarant scene gets moved to next season and the Gates of the Moon. This season could focus on “Alayne,” Lysa, and Rob[in], then next could get into Sansa’s education in intrigue, Mya, and the rest that seems to be turning her story around.

56. Dzerards
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Am I missing something or can they not just rebuild it next season again?

57. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

House Mormont:

Yeah! It is a moon door and not a moon hole. In S1, they had raised ledges surrounding the “hole”… I suppose Sansa could be balancing on that raised ledge with Lysa trying to push her in, then LF steps in to ….well you know… It could be quite harrowing and entertaining.

58. House Mormont
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

who knows maybe they roll around on the floor near the hole

59. Jacarb
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Dunno about you guys, but if we are talking which edge is scarier to be almost pushed off, I’d go with the one without a doorway to grab onto.

60. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Jacarb:

We’ve got…
    One episode to arrive, meet some new people, and feel awkward around Lysa.
    Another for the snow castle/only Cat sequence.
    Another for some Lords Declarant and Rob[in] creeping on Sansa.
    One more to leave.

Gotta save something from AFfC for S5! I have a feeling Sansa/Alayne won’t arrive in the Vale until ep 6 or later.

61. davidbc
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Rygar: Can I have the fake tit if they are throwing it away?

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on here… LOL

62. Arkash
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Just speaking of snow, I would love for the show to start showing that it is getting colder throughout Westeros. I’ll be interested to see what they do for King’s Landing when Winter arrives.The series is at a point where the climate needs to start changing.

I so want to see rain on King’s Landing ! Hope it will happen one day !

63. zerowolf
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

The snow castle scene works far better in the mind than it ever could in the series. Don’t forget that the series Sansa is far older than in the books – her building the castle would make her seem somewhat immature.The books are the books and the show is the show.
    At least the show will have an ending.It is my belief that Mr Martin will never complete his epic – I doubt that he even intends to try. He’s moved on and so should we.

64. Ser Tahu
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

My thoughts: Although the Eyrie will be present in season 5, the great hall set wouldn’t really be necessary beyond season 4.

As for what the pieces could be saved for, my thought are either the Iron Islands or for season 5 stuff (Sunspear? Volantis? Braavos? Meereen? Any of them could use the pieces).

65. Jentario
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Why do people assume Sansa of all people will appear in every episode? My guess/how I would do it:
    1. Sansa+Dontos
    2. Sansa+Dontos 2+ escape pt. 1
    3. Escape pt. 2 (at the ship with LF, Dontos gets axed, the episode opener)
    4. At the ship- who killed Joffrey
    5. No Sansa
    6. They reach the Vale, intro scenes
    7. No Sansa
    8. Wedding (Vale lords get introduced…)+ Sansa hearing moans through thin walls (I really hope they include this)
    9. No Sansa
    10. Snow castle + Only Cat

66. Dance-of-Ruin
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Just putting it out there that tearing down the set does not equal not using it anymore. For example, I seem to recall that Battlestar Galactica and/or Caprica at one point made digital ‘prints’ of all their sets, which enabled them to produce the later spin-off, Blood & Chrome without having to rebuild them physically. It may just be that GoT is taking a similar approach, i.e. repurposing the stage for a different purpose and filming potential future Eyrie scenes before a blue- or greenscreen.

67. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

I wonder if it’s realistic to film the snow castle on it’s own over a day or two in December. It would be a real shame to cut that out, but I don’t know if a fake snow castle can be made well enough to work.

68. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

GG:

I never thought about wedding locales before, but now that I think about it, it would make sense for Sansa and Harry to marry under the old gods at a heart tree. This would be more credible to northerners than a Seven wedding. Weirwood trees don’t grow at the Eyrie, but the lord of the Vale’s seat is made of weirwood so they might grow lower down in the Vale.
    Of course, just because that wedding is planned doesn’t mean it will happen.

69. Siobhán Mooney
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

zerowolf:

Why on earth would it do that? I think that in the books it gives a sense of maturity, because she is no longer the little girl who dreams of a fairytale life at court, but an older one who realises how good her past life was and that she’ll never get back what she lost yet she still has memories that she can cherish.

70. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

Jentario:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

1. Sansa+Dontos
    2. Sansa+Dontos 2+ escape pt. 1
    3. Escape pt. 2 (at the ship with LF, Dontos gets axed, the episode opener)
    4. At the ship- who killed Joffrey
    5. No Sansa
    6. They reach the Vale, intro scenes
    7. No Sansa
    9. No Sansa
    10. Snow castle + Only Cat

Can’t argue with that. If indeed they have a wedding at the Vale (and not an adhoc one at the Fingers), that could bring much of the Lords Declarant politics/ambitions to the forefront. Also, the Unsullied will be very wary of weddings by that event!

71. Ours is the Fury
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

zerowolf: Don’t forget that the series Sansa is far older than in the books – her building the castle would make her seem somewhat immature.The books are the books and the show is the show.

72. sunspear
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

I would like to add that Sansa was about 1 month away from turning 13 in the books on her wedding night. They could do the same thing in the show and make her effectively 15 at the start of the fourth season.

73. WompWomp
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Seeing the projected breakdown of Sansa appearances in S4 makes me with they’d focus on fewer characters per episode instead of jumping around so much in certain episodes. Sure, not everyone will get their favorites dropping in each week that way, but when those characters do appear, it could be a more satisfying experience for all the focus it would allow.

74. Jentario
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury: Sansa isn’t “far older,” really. They started her off as 13 instead 11 in season 1. Sansa had aged some by the time A Storm of Swords came around. And last season on the show, they established she is now only 14, however old Sophie Turner looks. There’s no reason they can’t show the snow castle if they want to. The idea of it was innocence anyway. Sansa in the books was already too old for such behavior- it was her way of going back to Winterfell. So Sophie being older than book-Sansa doesn’t matter. I could only see them changing the scene if they didn’t want to deal with snow and the logistics of it all.

This.

75. Ross
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:19 am | Permalink

Ours is the Fury,

She’s like 8 feet tall now. Just saying.

76. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Ross:
    Ours is the Fury,

She’s like 8 feet tall now. Just saying.

:-))
    I always chuckle when I see Tyrion and Sansa standing or walking together. (Aggghh! Why did she kneel???) I would love to see them posing for a formal portrait depicting their “marriage.”

77. Rygar
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Ross:
    Ours is the Fury,

She’s like 8 feet tall now. Just saying.

Yes. I heard she was almost recast with Conan Stevens.

That was for you Al. ;)

78. Sean C.
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

GG: ssemble it later cos they need the space right now. I doubt it’s the last time we see it ever.If Sansa does indeed marry the heir to the Eyrie in future books, they’d have to marry in the throne room

No they wouldn’t. The Eyrie is closed off for winter.

79. Jane
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Yes. I heard she was almost recast with Conan Stevens.

LMAO Seriously though, why do people see her as extremely tall? She’s only 5’9″. That’s normal height in Northern/Eastern Europe. Hell, she would even be considered too short by some modeling agencies (they want girls to be at least 5’10″ if they’re over 14). I guess some of you haven’t met a lot of tall people if you think she’s a giant.

80. Sean C.
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Jane: LMAO Seriously though, why do people see her as extremely tall?

She’s tall, especially for her age (when she was younger), in comparison to the people around her.

81. Jane
    Posted October 13, 2013 at 7:57 am | Permalink

I don’t consider her too tall for her age. There are plenty of young girls out there that are as tall or even taller than her. I know a few myself. Maybe that’s why I’m not as baffled as others. But what I don’t get is why people think her height is a problem. It’s not her fault the others are too short in comparison to her. What I would consider a problem is her being more developed than a 14 y.o., although I have a feeling D&D are pretty satisfied with how things turned out. Imagine seeing the boob touching scene with LF from the books with an actress that’s actually 13 y.o. The scene will still be creepy, but with Sophie looking like that they can at least justify the men’s attraction.

82. Rygar
    Posted October 13, 2013 at 10:07 am | Permalink

She is tall because in the books I didn’t picture LF looking up at her when they were standing together like they do in the show. Its just the perception of book vs show.

83. Dzerards
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Oh man, I totally know why they took it down!

What’s coming is BIG!!!!!