Halloween 2013, Game of Thrones-style
By Ours is the Fury on in General.

This year, Game of Thrones fans once again topped themselves creatively when it comes to costumes. It’s no surprise that many people found the Red Wedding particularly inspiring, since the bloody affair is perfect for the holiday. Enjoy our second annual costume parade, and have a happy Halloween!

rwgroup

Talisa, Robb, Roose and Catelyn: Red-Wedding style

submissions

Robb Stark

King in the North

Frey Band

The Frey Band

Khaleesi  and Melisandre

Group

Left to Right: The Hound, The Lord O’ Bones, Ilyn Payne, Lyanna Stark, a Silent Sister, Rhaegar Targaryen, a Fossoway archer, and friends

Submissions- Daenerys, Melisandre

Shae, Joffrey, Jon Snow, and a Dragon

Shae, Joffrey, Jon Snow, and a Dragon

Drogo & Dany

Melisandre, Cersei

Daenerys, Drunk Cersei

Hodor Bran and Arya

Daenerys and her dragon

Sansa

Margaery and Cersei

Hodor and Bran

Daenerys, her dragon Drogon

And some of our readers even brought Game of Thrones into their Halloween decorating schemes.

Tree

Stark-o'-lanterns

Stark-o’-lanterns

Stark Targaryen Lanterns

Ours is the Fury: Thanks to all the WinterIsComing readers who submitted photos over the last few days! You can check out more Halloween costume pics on our Tumblr. The official HBO Game of Thrones tumblr also has some fantastic Halloween costumes on display.

1. First
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Saw the actual Joffrey today. He wasn’t dressed up though.

2. Braincandy
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Is that first Dany holding an avacado?

3. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Braincandy,

I’m not sure, but she wins the the hottest woman/outfit competition.

4. spacechampion
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Braincandy:
    Is that first Dany holding an avacado?

Guacamole is coming.

5. sunspear
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Amazing job on the Targaryen Jack O’Lantern.

6. John
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Maybe we will see next year some Danys in the Meereeneese dress ;)

7. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

John,

Why would you want to see her in some giant tokar? Are you sure it’s not a Qartheen dress you are thinking about?

8. GeekFurious
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Some of those people will have sex in those costumes later.

9. dizzy
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

sunspear,

Yes, most impressive.

10. Rygar
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

What no kraken-the-box?

11. Rygar
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Braincandy,

I’m not sure, but she wins thethe hottest woman/outfit competition.

True but they totally screwed up her eyebrows.

12. Rygar
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

I put a black gummy worm on my dick and went as Gendry.

13. Slayjoy
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Omg I can’t stop laughing

14. Turncloack
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Lol at the random Fossoway Archer. Thats a green apple Fossoway to be sure

15. Jentario
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

It’s amazing how your posts always manage to surprise me. All I know is that there will be penises involved, but the rest is as random/hilarious/deep as it gets.

16. Rygar
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Ah, thank you sir/madam. I enjoy your insightful posts as well.

17. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    I put a black gummy worm on my dick and went as Gendry.

Pics or it didn’t happen!

18. Braincandy
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Slayjoy,

Ditto. It wins the Internet.

19. King DBC
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Ahahahahahahahahahahah, you just made my day man!

20. zzz
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Hodooooorr!

21. Bill
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 3:14 am | Permalink

Not to be that guy, but why is Robb in the 6th picture wearing a tunic with the lion of Lannister?

22. OldeCrone
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 4:40 am | Permalink

How things change … when I was a kid x-z light years ago things were limited to bobbing for apples and pinning the tail on the donkey. Trick or treat has come into the UK over the last few decades. One lady I knew had to tell some kids not to take the proverbial when they said they didn’t want sweets (that’s candy in the UK) they wanted money …… Once years ago I did meet some kids with pumpkin lanterns who asked if I knew where they could find some ghosts (as if I’d have been walking around calmly if I HAD seen a ghost). However coming back to the present day I’m impressed by all the costumes really. Now just having recovered from Trick or Treat I’ve got to steel myself for “penny for the Guy” (Bonfire or Guy Falks’s Night is still quite popular in the UK – 5th November, though the fireworks aren’t limited just to Nov 5th anymore and some parents are very cautious because there have been some nasty accidents with fireworks over the years). The King in the North was a good costume though I’m not sure about those trousers (pants).

23. Ser Tahu
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 8:31 am | Permalink

Joseph Mawle (Benjen Stark) is in a recurring role on Ripper Street season 2 (which also happens to star Jerome Flynn (Bronn)). This has no relevance to Game of Thrones, I just thought it was cool. Whenever I see him I hear Jon Snow say “Uncle Benjen!” in my head :P.

Aimee Richardson (Princess Myrcella/Princess Indigo) tweeted that she is getting her braces off this month. When she was interviewed on here a few weeks ago I remember thinking “those braces could be annoying for the editors of the show when she appears again”, but that problem seems to have resolved itself. This is good because it means that they will have marginally more money for dragons and other cgi elements in season 5, as they won’t have to spend it editing out her braces :P.

EDIT: The Sydney Morning Herald has a new interview with GRRM up:
    There isn’t really anything new in there, but he does seem to be becoming increasingly determined to stay ahead of the show, which I like to think is a good sign. There is one thing I didn’t know in there, though: he currently has three assistants, who I’m presuming would help edit and proofread, and they also take all his calls so he isn’t distracted while writing. All of these, I think, are good signs.

24. Udi
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Rygar,

You are a sicko but I LoL’d!

25. That Stark boy
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Me likes it.

26. Tar Kidho
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu: Random offtopic stuff (because I’m an Australian and therefore don’t care about halloween):

Thanks for the news snippets – this European is also not very Halloween-minded ;-) I actually thought that Halloween costumes were meant to be scary, but almost none of these are so I must be wrong? Regardles, some of the costumes are very nice, and people enjoying themselves is always a good thing!

27. Zlatko
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Bill:

Haha, that was me. Though it does really look like a lion from the distance, close up you can tell it’s an ambiguous animal. Great eye.

28. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Sadly, last night I did not see any trick-or-treaters wearing Drogo, Dany, LS, GreyRobb, Joff, Jon, Lord-of-Bones, Arya, Hound, Sansa, WW, Mountain, Jaime, Daario, Mel, Varys, or Rygar’s Gendry costumes. Very disappointed….probably an age-group thing.

29. Udi
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Zlatko,

Nice catch!

30. SourPuss
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Sexified Drogon? Nothing is sacred anymore!

31. OldeCrone
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I found this link on another site referring to Hallowe’en http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/the-most-british-things-that-have-ever-happened
    Though it’s not GoT-themed number 21 made me think of the Unsullied [as in soldier unsullied, not non-book reader].

32. Rygar
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I can wear it for you anytime. PM me your address…. ;)

33. Ms. D. Ranged in AZ
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

probably an age-group thing

Yeah, I only saw one person dressed up as a dramatic TV character and it was a teenager as Jesse from Breaking Bad in the yellow contamination suit and gas mask. But no GOT costumes.

34. That Stark boy
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Who among thou, friends of mine, is the hot khaleesi?

35. Sam W
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

SourPuss,

I dont think its sexified

36. Joh
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

The night DJ for KEXP in Seattle did her Halloween show dressed in costume as

“Khaleesi, from Game of Thrones”

I wonder if she got any calls from people trying to correct her that “Khaleesi” is a title and not a proper name…

37. Trilambdas
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Have some friends who visit this site, but aren’t through Season 3 of the show…perhaps having that first picture on the home page, while funny, is also ironically spoiler-ish?

38. DaenyB
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Trilambdas,

That’s a bit ridiculous it’s one thing to not have spoilers from season 4 but the red wedding was broadcast months ago and was all over the internet etc so it’s your friends problem in fairness!!

39. That Stark boy
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

DaenyB:
    Trilambdas,

Yeah, and I think WiC follows the show’s storyline, so we only consider spoilers things that happened post-Mhysa right now.

40. WildSeed
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

My thoughts, also.

41. Abyss
    Posted November 1, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

OT: Interview with Daniel Portman from RingCon. No spoilers.

42. Crimson33
    Posted November 2, 2013 at 5:43 am | Permalink

What? No love for pod in the group picture?

43. Skyofwelkup
    Posted November 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

These are great. I tried something a little different and went with Beric.

44. yohash
    Posted November 3, 2013 at 3:11 am | Permalink
  45. MaceyJ
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Loving the Daenerys Targaryen costumes. To me she will always be the real hero of the show. http://goo.gl/qPLgtS

1. […] off-years Eric’s new costume MAGICAL OUTFITS Post-Halloween […]

2. […] Topics Halloween off-years Eric’s new costume MAGICAL OUTFITS Post-Halloween […]