Season four filming winds down in N. Ireland
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming.

Though filming for season four of Game of Thrones is nearing the end, new sets are still popping up in Northern Ireland.

There have been several sightings of a group of colorful tents out at Castle Ward in County Down. The location previously served as Winterfell, and played host again to the show, with the tents staked out on the grounds for at least a week in mid-October.

UPDATE 11/7: We’ve received word that Game of Thrones did not film at Castle Ward this season. The colorful tents must have been for some other production.

There’s also been activity at the Lady Hill Quarry in County Antrim, with fake snow being deposited in the rocky area. One passer-by took a brief video of the site, and locals have spotted filming at the set as recent as last week.

Quarry

We’ve also had photos turn up from a set in Sallagh Brae that might be considered spoilers, so they’ve been hidden underneath the cut!

It appears to be the men of the Night’s Watch filming at this location in Country Antrim, and reports indicate that there’s smoke being generated, which is visible in the second photo.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Additional pics of the Sallagh Brae set can be seen at this linked page, which provided the above photos.

Ours is the Fury: Lots of stuff being filmed in these last few weeks, unsurprisingly a lot of it focused on the Wall and beyond. Season four should be a big year for the Night’s Watch.

1. direhound
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I feel so dense, what’s the spoiler for the nights watch photos?

2. NymArya Stark
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Hodor!

3. NymArya Stark
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

direhound:
    I feel so dense, what’s the spoiler for the nights watch photos?

my guess is this is Moletown but again not sure how this could be considered a spoiler as there has only been a very brief mention of it back in season 1

4. utherwolf
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

So, what’s the big spoiler? I don’t see any.

5. Nick_Scryer
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Those colorful tents look to me like they could be from Meereen.

They have the same type of material/color as the slavers outfits from Astapor and Yunkai, plus the top of all the poles look like they have Harpy symbols on them.

Meereen is my guess.

Other stuff looks like Wildling/Night’s watch stuff. The outfits look too brown to be NW but that may just be the bad pic.

6. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Not a huge spoiler but points towards Moletown burning.

7. Dzerards
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

They’re not black enough to be night watch costumes.

8. Markus
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Is it not obvious these are Mance’s tents and this is the big attack on Castle Black?

9. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

So they’ve got electricity in Westeros/Essos now? [wires in 1st & 2nd pic]

10. Ours is the Fury
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Spoiler because there’s lots of smoke being generated, so when someone sees the Watch out in a field on the show, they can be sure there’s going to be a bunch of fire/battle soon thereafter. Or they’re there right after a battle, I guess. Mild spoiler, but it’s noted because people complain easily.

More than one person saw them filming out at Sallagh Brae and thought it was the NW, so it probably is. They also saw horses, and structures being built, possibly defensive battlements, but the pics are unclear.

11. Nezzer
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Those soldiers in the fourth picture don’t look like crows. I think they are Bolton men.

12. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Wouldn’t be a much of a budget stretch to CGI-them out. They probably won’t need to though, all the angles may be character-centric, therefore low to the ground, so all those tents are just background scenery.

What could the tents be for though? Could it be a welcoming party in the North or maybe even the Vale (in a rare spot of open grassland of course)?

13. GreatJon of Slumber
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard:
    So they’ve got electricity in Westeros/Essos now? [wires in 1st & 2nd pic]

14. John
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Markus,

Mance’s tents are not nearly so showy.

15. WildSeed
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

GreatJon of Slumber,

LOL, and plywood sheets, too ! Always reality checks, when ” behind the scene ”
    stuff gets underway. Could these realisations, in and of itself, be perceived as spoilery ?

16. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

John:
    Markus,
    Mance’s tents are not nearly so showy.

They actually look more like American indian tee-pees than what I pictured as a wildling or Thenn tent. What did the wildling tents look like in S3 ep1? Interesting. Definitely exploring something culturally significant here. Ex-slave and sellsword tents outside Meereen? Wish we could see the flags better.

17. Ali
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

The filming at Sallagh Brae was definitely the Nights watch. (I took the last two photos) I later went back and saw guys in the full costumes. (I took a photo but was asked to delete it by the crew)
    There were also a lot of horses involved that day and a rider was seen carrying a white banner at one point!

18. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

GreatJon of Slumber: They’re ruining the show! There are clearly big piles of sheet rock in one photo! L)

You know, given the knowledge of the chemical processes behind wild fire, metalsmithing, trebuchets, beer-brewing, physics-defying wall-building and raising the dead throughout Westeros, generating electricity shouldn’t be that far away… Where are the scientists, dammit?

19. Turncloak
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

direhound:
    I feel so dense, what’s the spoiler for the nights watch photos?

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Where there’s fire there’s Melisandre burning Orells eagle. My guess is that the show gives her an even bigger power up

20. loco73
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Congrats on winding down filming season! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

“Such is the nature of evil that in time all foul things come forth!” — Thranduil, Elven King

That…I said just because its a cool one-liner….

21. Turncloak
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Looks like they also have fake snow. Good news for those who were worried about Sansa’s snow scene

22. NomadicDirewolf
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

the smoke could be anything, when i think about it, fire is featured heavily in aSoS part 2 NW storyline. The tents are more interesting, though. My first instinct would usually by KL, but there in NI, not croatia, and Dany’s stuff would be shot elsewhere also.
    It must either be in the Vale or Riverlands, as the tents are too extravagant to be Northern or Iron Islanders. Either part of Sansa’s storyline (perhaps as Lysa’s wedding ?) or in Arya or Brienne’s plotline as some kind of military encampment, most likely Tyrell/Lannister.

23. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I wonder if the tents could be part of Stannis’ storyline? Maybe he is recruiting soldiers on his way to the Wall?

24. Abyss
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

OT: Just curious: I found the code line

// $gooaudioplayer = file_get_contents(‘http://gameofowns.com/audioplayer.html’); // echo $gooaudioplayer;

in the upper left corner of the website. What exactly is it for, and why is it hidden by having the same colour as the background?
    Don’t worry, I don’t think WiC is spying on us or anything! ;-) As I said, I am just curious.

25. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

Abyss:
    OT: Just curious: I found the code line

“//” defines a comment in javascript. No worries, probably for debugging the audioplayer output for the GOO posts. I’d be more worried about their use of cross-site scripting for advertisements.

26. WildSeed
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard: Ex-slave and sellsword tents outside Meereen?

more happenings at the Wall and beyond.

27. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

WildSeed: This too, is what I thought of, but the chronology is wrong, isn’t it ? I was expecting
    more happenings at the Wall and beyond.

I suppose. Too colorful for the North, imo. I like TP’s idea that they could be Stannis tents.

28. Rygar
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Looks like the Carnies are in town

29. christy
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

direhound, maybe the burning is igretts funeral. jon does burn her body himself. and it is at the end of filming.

30. Ser Tahu
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

christy,
    mods, can you please spoiler tag that post?

31. christy
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

i did i dont know why it didnt work.

32. Abyss
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Well, I have NoScript and Addblock, so I should be covert. ;-) Do you have any idea why the code is a visible line on the website and not just a part of the site’s source code? That’s the thing that really confuses me. – But than again, while I know my way pretty well around computers, I am not a web programmer, so what the hell do I know… Anyway, thanks for the info!

33. Durrendon's Fool
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

The wide tent looks like Ryman Frey’s tent. IIRC it’s supposed to be grey on blue with two tent poles that kind of make it look like the Twins. Maybe we’ll get an early peek at the siege of Riverrun? Or maybe Brienne or Arya will run the Freys somewhere. The gold and red tents could be Emmon and Genna

34. WildSeed
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I considered Stannis as well, but isn’t he taking a sea voyage ? to be deposited near
    Eastwatch or somewhere near that shore ?

35. franco
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Ali:

I wonder if that rider is Jon Snow negotiating peace with Mance Rayder right before Stannis arrival

36. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm | Permalink

Abyss:
    Hodor’s Bastard,
    Well, I have NoScriptand Addblock, so I should be covert. ;-) Do you have any idea why the code isa visible line on the website and not just a part of the site’s source code? That’s the thing that really confuses me. – But than again, while I know my way pretty well around computers, I am not a web programmer, so what the hell do I know… Anyway, thanks for the info!

Congrats, you have just become a browser script tester! I defer to the web admins for this site for ultimate clarification, but I bet you are using MS Internet Explorer, Ver 8 or earlier. Google Chrome and Firefox browsers should not have this issue. I can duplicate a similar issue to yours in MSIE ver 8. The Adblock and other “covert” add-ins that you have installed/activated are conflicting with the MSIE display logic, causing internal confusion…hence you get an anomaly in the upper left corner.

I won’t annoy you with further details but I suggest trying Firefox or Google Chrome to eliminate this issue. Sometimes MSIE tries to be too clever and capable…hence its flaws can be exploited easier. Hope that helps you.

37. Ren Snow
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm | Permalink

Castle Wards tents and so much blue quite likely the wedding of Lysa and Littefinger, the green flag probably being the sigil of the Waynwoods: the black broken wheel on green

38. WildSeed
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Durrendon’s Fool,

I like where you’re heading…
    It’s very conceivable that S4 resumes the Riverrun story, with probable inclusion
    of Bryndon Tully . Brienne’s journey is another useful consideration.
    We need
    a tad more information, as we’ll likely receive eventually, to put the pieces together.

Hard to rule out the sellsword tents, though.

39. WildSeed
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

These features come automatically with my Mac OS.

40. Ali
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

franco,

I only saw it from a distance so couldn’t make out any familiar cast but makes a lot of sense!

41. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

WildSeed:
    Hodor’s Bastard,
    These features come automatically with my Mac OS.

I’m sure they do…there is a benefit for paying an extra $500-750 premium for Mac products….although far from perfect, their Safari browser has far less exploitations and issues than MSIE.

42. Travis
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

I don’t think the tents are supposed to be Mereen because it looks to green and not arid/hot as Mereen is described. Could be an encampment in the Riverlands to root out the remnants of the Young Wolf’s army.

43. Travis
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

I think you’re spot on. I didn’t even see your post so I feel dumb for the repitition. The parley between the Blackfish & Jaime is one of my favorite conversations in the books.

44. Travis
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

The tents also look to be the colors of Lannister, Frey, and Bracken. Most likely Siege of Riverrun

45. Abyss
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Nope, I am running FF v. 25.0, haven’t used IE in ages. And I just tested in Chrome (my second browser) without any “covert” Add-ons and it’s the same. I could boot into my Linux partition and look there as well, but maybe that would be a little bit obsessive. :D
    I should stress that I have to select the upper left corner to make the code appear, but I bet you know that.
    Oh, and if I am playing tester here, let me do it right! Here is a screen shot of the code line, so the tech support can see the problem in “action”. :D

46. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Abyss:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

Thx! So much for blind advice! For fear of raising the ire of others regarding this digression, I won’t do the iterative debugging game with you…but I am very curious as well. There seems to be an innocuous anomaly with the WordPress-generated HTML/javascript on the site. I duplicated your results on all three browsers (after left-clicking in the right place). Will get back to you.

47. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Abyss,
    You, ser, found a bug and get a gold star. The admin folk at WiC should surround those two comments with “[lessThanSign][exclamationPoint]–” and “–[greaterThanSign]” enclosures rather than using “//”. Since the comment contains a “//” already, the initial “//” causes browser confusion. It might be an HTML/javascript issue but all the site support folk need to do is comment the generated code differently. It is a passive exploitation, not an attempt by NSA to gather more info about you.

(Tech talk over – back to regularly scheduled programming…)

48. Abyss
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

You do that!
    What secrets will the mysterious code line reveal… :D

Edit: I see you already did. Didn’t hit F5… Good to know it wasn’t the NSA! :D

49. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

Travis:
    WildSeed,

You might have to wait for S5 for that great convo on the bridge. Although I think Jaime will want to get the hell out of KL and away from crazy Cersei as soon as possible, he will probably stick around for Tyrion’s trial and escape. Or maybe the showrunners have a different agenda for him?

Posted November 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Drat! Our secret NSA back door has been discovered! Abort, abort!!

…Ok, maybe not. As Hodor’s Bastard said, it was old code that was commented out but not in the proper commenting syntax. I’ve since removed the offending line. It shan’t bother us again!

51. Abyss
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Winter Is Coming,

Yep, the bug is gone. ;-)

52. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Screw Coldhands. If they change Jaime breaking Tyrion out of jail then I will lead the riot!

53. Natalie
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

I honestly find Jon and the Nights Watch to be boring. Sorry. I hope it will be better since we are probably going to be spending a lot of time with them.

54. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

I’ve always wondered if GoT will get overly creative with the Jaime/Varys “assistance” with Tyrion’s escape. There are a few options to consider if they choose to do so….Jaime could even leave early (and not spend several episodes reading the history of the Kingsguard) and Varys could do it all.

(There may be many reasons to riot during this next season)

55. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:15 am | Permalink

As old as seeing people complain about D&D ruining the show, you don’t have to ”fake complain” too and be ”sarcastic”. We get it, and no, it’s not funny (if it ever even was).

Tents look like it could be Lysa and Littlefinger wedding, the arryn colours are there and it’s small and intimate for a wedding. Which is exactly like in the book.

56. WildSeed
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 1:42 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Wildling tents would call for animal skins and the like, not to forget the exclusion
    of sigils fling in the wind. Speculations on this is actually just that.. blowing in the
    wind. Without closeups any speculation serves only to frustrate or prostrate.
    (no I did not mean ” prostate “, LOL ).

WiC has peeked in lately, he must have taken 5 minute break from diaper duty. I trust
    all is well.

Hodor’s Bastard,

I’ve never owned any but a Mac ( iMac desktop, MacBook Pro,etc ), well suited for my sensibilities. I understand that much improvement has been made with the introduction
    of the Apple based Windows format, so you’re in good territory. The virus and malware
    issues are a bust, though.

57. The Blue Grace
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 1:53 am | Permalink

Bit difficult to see, but the flagpoles of the colourful tents have halfmoons on top, and the tents themselves have something looking like a spearpoint. There has been speculation that they might be Dornish, and I think both these elements point that way, being somewhat stereotypical “Arabic”. Could Oberyn bring tents and keep his retainers outside of the city?

Something from Dany’s storyline actually could be a possibility, they have been shooting Essos scenes in Nothern Ireland – even on location (I remember pictures with either a riding double or Emilia on a horse from a few weeks(?) back, and it was definitely in NI). Someone who took these pictures commented that there seemed to be a battle going on when they were filming. Now we all know a battle is simply a fight where people wear armour, but unless Lysa and Littlefinger follow Dothraki traditions, that definitely doesn’t sound like their wedding.

58. TheBerylfly
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 4:09 am | Permalink

The Blue Grace,

Actually the halfmoons could just as easily point at this bring the Eyrie tents since Arryn’s sigil is moon and falcon

59. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 4:21 am | Permalink

WildSeed,

Apple based Windows format?

But yeah, I suspect most Windows users haven’t used Internet Explorer since they used it to download Firefox/Chrome.

60. Arkash
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 5:38 am | Permalink

christy:

I really hope they film that scene.

It could be an amazingly visual scene and a very sad one.

Having Ygritte die in the end of episode 4 or 5 and starting next episode with her funeral pyre with only Jon and Ghost and having this entire scene completely silent.

61. The Blue Grace
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 6:14 am | Permalink

TheBerylfly,

All Arryn sigils I’ve seen have the moon sicle show to the side, and the ones on the poles point upwards. I don’t think that’s the same thing. In addition, they filmed at night, and there was fighting. This is most definitely not the wedding. In fact, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they were already married when Sansa arrives in the Vale..

ETA: I mean this picture. He mentions that there was something like a battle, and it’s obviously at night.

62. OldeCrone
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Do the moderators on this site sift through it periodically or do site users need to email the people who run the site to tell them something is amiss? I realise that you were referring to “spoilers” but I’ve been reading some of the old posts [as in a couple or three years ago] and I noticed that on some of the fan-casting threads people were referring to certain actors as being “ugly”. I thought that was nasty – they could have voiced their opinion in a less rancid way. But those posts didn’t get edited out. It does seem some folk were put out if a character was played by somebody who wasn’t “drop dead gorgeous” even if the character wasn’t a glamour-puss in the books (e.g. Asha [Yara]). Don’t think it will “spoil” to say the character had a different name in the books.

63. koopa_coffee
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Arkash: I really hope they film that scene.

It could be an amazingly visual scene and a very sad one.

Use spoiler tags for crying out loud. Unsullied do use this site you know!

64. TheBerylfly
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

The Blue Grace:
    TheBerylfly,

Oh well. I was actually initially sure it was Meerenese stuff, but isn’t there kinda too much grass for that?
    I do hope they keep the Lysafinger wedding in, if only for the hilarious scene of poor Sansa trying to go to sleep as Lysa screams her wedding joy out
    Seriously if they cut this moment I will be very disappointed

65. Victor
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:30 am | Permalink

I thought Winter is Coming! Looks pretty spring-like to me!

66. OhDanyBoy
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:40 am | Permalink

I know this is just me being optimistic, but my first thought seeing the colourful tents was the Tourney of Harrenhal via Bran flashback. I know, way too optimistic.

67. Jon
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Book Reader: OMG Moletown will burn! Spoiler alert!
    Show Watcher: Huh? What?

Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Apparently those tents aren’t from Game of Thrones as, according to our sources, they never filmed at Castle Ward this season.

69. Rygar
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 9:04 am | Permalink

We should be getting a teaser this month…

70. Arkash
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 9:34 am | Permalink

Only a voice-over teaser with the premiere date maybe.

What I’m really expecting are the behind the scenes videos of MGoT !

71. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Rygar:
    Looks like the Carnies are in town

You were right! It was just a carny!

72. iRaven
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Slightly off topic…

But I’d like to see “winter coming” in the opening credits this year. Last year they adjusted Winterfell to be sacked and burning, now I think it’s time to see some snow dusting on the landscape creeping south.

73. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:45 am | Permalink

iRaven,

This is something the production is going to start to have to take into account. It should be snowing in the North and the Vale, yet we see pictures of them filming scenes for these two locations and it is still very green with no snow in sight. It is supposed to be Autumn in Westeros, yet it still looks like Summer. They are likely going to have to scout new locations for filming so they don’t rely too heavily on fake snow and CGI, and they may have to alter their filming schedule to film more in the Winter months.

74. Arkash
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

They’ll never really film during autumn and winter, it would be too much of a tight scedhule to release the episode for april then…

75. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Arkash,

HBO has an opening in the Summer of 2015 with True Blood ending. I would like to see GOT move to that June-August time slot. This would also buy GRRM a little more time to finish TWOW.

76. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap:
    iRaven,

Regarding their filming schedule to accommodate winter, they could utilize the southern hemisphere….:-)

My personal beef regarding snow scenes with fake snow on TV…if I can’t detect the actor’s breath, all is compromised and I lose focus. They have so much realism with violence/blood and sex, I hope they strive to get the meteorological elements accurate as well. Some of their icelandic “beyond-the-wall” scenes have been well done thus far.

77. Nezzer
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard: I am very curious to see how they start giving the viewer meteorological and mystical hints that winter is indeed approaching. I agree that the opening credits invite interesting options.

Regarding their filming schedule, they could utilize the southern hemisphere….:-)

78. Giantsbabe
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Speaking of which, I’d love to see a certain episode with a pivotal wedding scene conclude, then the screen goes ominously black and the words “Winter is Coming” appear with creepy sound effects/ music. But the meteorological effects in the opening credits sound great, hope they make use of it soon.

79. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Nezzer: All Castle Black and Craster’s Keep scenes are done with fake snow and they are done pretty well IMHO, with the actors’ breath and everything.

Totally agree. I’ve enjoyed those scenes as well. As TP mentioned, I am curious to know their creative thought process on this matter. Probably not a big deal, but it has great symbolism.

I am really looking forward to specific S5/ADwD storylines where we see Stannis and his army struggling with blizzards and freezing weather, pushed to the brink, learning to handle the cold from the northmen, animals dropping in the snow like flies, food shortage/feeding on the dead, frozen lakes…in addition to starting to see snowflakes in KL.

80. Jordan
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I would note that I believe there were some issues with the freezing weather in Iceland affecting Jon Snow’s storyline.

I’m not sure how the show will handle that kind of thing, since winter is coming, but it might not be the best idea to film in temperatures comparable to those indicated in the book.

81. Rygar
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard: You were right! It was just a carny!

See? And JT and WS think I just troll…

82. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Jordan:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

I hope that Kit’s foot has fully healed so he can run and fight without a body double this season.

“Don’t slip on the ice, Jon. No running with that dagger in your pocket! Be careful!”
    (words you will never read in ASoI&F or hear in GoT)

83. Arkash
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

It could be interesting to move the show to summer time.

Indeed, it would allow them to shoot during autumn and winter to recreate the meteorology of Westeros.

I’m in favour of that !

84. Balerion
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I am psyched. Can’t wait.

Can’t wat DWOW too. Pfffffhhh…. the waite…

85. Easteros bunny
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

christy,

Dude! Wtf! Spoilers!!!!

86. WildSeed
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Family, Duty, Hodor,

Gates and Jobs reached an historic if gentleman agreement to share or collaborate on
    mutually agreeable program changes for both companies, and benefitting Microsoft,
    in particular. I believe this began in the late 1980′s, which really generated popularity
    in the following 1990′s. The basic design and interface, had been what Apple users
    had been enjoying for some time. My acquaintances whom had PC’s were envious with
    the ease and less tedious system to operate . As cost is associated with any computer
    system, I’m not certain if cost was the Only factor, as most people I knew owned an
    Apple, whether refurbished or purchased new here, which is not far from ” Silicon Valley “. If all computers were formatted as PC’s, then I would have foregone any purchase until ease of function was better established.

Nowadays, both companies are equally great innovators of their operating systems,
    including niches each has made strides for ,in the global Artificial Technology based markets. There are more people purchasing both PC and Macs, to broaden their needs
    or simply to appreciate each function. Prior to the significant changes that Gates implemented with the arrival of Windows, Apple and PC people vehemently disliked
    each other, with rivalry well beyond the the extreme. Whatever, things are different.
    Bygones… ( :

87. tysnow
    Posted November 7, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Dracula Vlad movie is being filmed in N.I. perhaps those tents are for that film.

88. Giantsbabe
    Posted November 8, 2013 at 1:42 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard

I believe it has healed. Interviews from a while back as well as details given at Comic-Con interviews seems to indicate he is fine. He also shot a film called Pompeii from March until almost just before filming for Thrones started in Belfast and that will be an action epic where he plays a Roman Gladiator (go look at the still that came out XD). So if he’s been doing a lot of action scenes and sword fighting for that film, he would have been completely sword fit by the time he had to start filming Thrones.

89. Family, Duty, Hodor
    Posted November 8, 2013 at 5:21 am | Permalink

WildSeed,
    Cool, I didn’t know that.