Game of Owns: Find the Halflings!
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Episode 167 – Find the Halflings!

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 50: Theon IV
Eric and Micah travel hand in hand through the forest of Theon Greyjoy’s unsettled mind, in search of the Stark children and small moments of silence between each speeding train.

Discussion Topics
Leslie owns Facebook
Trouble sleeping
Searching the woods
Too cozy with Reek
The tactical Reeds
Owns of the Chapter
Tweets and things

1. Dave
    Posted November 15, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Stannis All Day

2. Hollyoak
    Posted November 15, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

LOL. I can still hear it now. The orc, Lurtz (yes, Peter Jackson and Company gave him a name) yelling it out: Find the Halflings!” Arrrggggg!!! Find the Halflings!”

Saruman: “Whom do you serve?”

Lurtz: “Arrr-uuu—maaaaannn!!!”

Good times.

I saw the first Lord of the Rings film about 25 times in the theater. I was too old when Star Wars came out, so I don’t have any fond, childhood memories of it. Seeing LotR was like being a kid all over again.

*What about second breakfast?”

3. A Man Grown
    Posted November 15, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

They’re taking the hobbits to Isengard!

4. Hollyoak
    Posted November 16, 2013 at 5:54 am | Permalink

A Man Grown:
    They’re taking the hobbits to Isengard!

“You know of what I speak, Gandalf…a great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame.”

5. Rygar
    Posted November 16, 2013 at 8:30 am | Permalink

We shall ride to CAMELOT!

Dum dum dum dum dum dum

They’re Knights of the round table, they dance whenever their able…

On second thought, let’s not go to Camelot. Such a silly place.

6. Turri
    Posted November 17, 2013 at 8:02 am | Permalink

In the next chapter, watch out for the story of Bael the bard. A guy with a harp walks into Winterfell, playing somebody else, stealing a maiden. Plus sons slaying fathers, hiding in the crypts, a woman jumping from a tower, a Bolton flaying. Remember it and you’ll see what I mean.

7. IronbornIronThrone
    Posted November 17, 2013 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Own definitely goes to Osha for this chapter. Sex and wolves baby! Now if she could only stop everyone from confusing her with Theon’s sister… oh wait Beinoff and Weiss did this with “Yara” Greyjoy.

Anyway I started listening to GOO on Wednesday when I saw that it could now be downloaded without going through iTunes, so I downloaded the Season 3 owns, the Weasel Soup episode and the HotU episode. Great all around! The offseason is dark and full of terrors, thanks for lighting it!

8. Hollyoak
    Posted November 18, 2013 at 8:07 am | Permalink

“Mr. Frodo?”

9. Chickenduck
    Posted November 18, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Why do people assume that the anyone with Targaryen blood is impervious to fire? So far, ONLY Dany has shown this ability – even some of her direct ancestors have killed themselves by doing things like trying to drink wildfire.

I don’t think you can interpret Dany’s line after the death of Viserys (fire cannot kill the dragon) as literally meaning he wasn’t a Targaryen… Just that he wasn’t “the Dragon”.

So in closing, your honour, I don’t see how Jon burning his hand on the lantern proves anything in this regard.

I will be very, very surprised if Jon ISN’T the child of Lyanna (Ice) and Rhaegar (Fire).

10. KissingDragons
    Posted November 19, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

My own goes to Micah & Zack for listening to Eric talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk in GOO episode 167.Wow.

11. Dolorous Ned
    Posted November 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Chickenduck:
    Why do people assume that the anyone with Targaryen blood is impervious to fire?So far, ONLY Dany has shown this ability – even some of her direct ancestors have killed themselves by doing things like trying to drink wildfire.

I don’t think you can interpret Dany’s line after the death of Viserys (fire cannot kill the dragon) as literally meaning he wasn’t a Targaryen…Just that he wasn’t “the Dragon”.

I agree. To go further, why do people assume Dany is generally immune to fire? She seems to believe it herself, but I always thought her surviving the pyre at the and of AGOT was a unique event powered by the birth of the dragons and magic.