Game of Owns: Kiss My Blade
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Episode 175 – Kiss My Blade

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 57: Sansa V
Sansa Stark does spare a prayer for the gemmed and suited King Joffrey Baratheon as Kings Landing begins the defense against his dear Uncle’s invading mass of ship and foe.

Discussion Topics

Posted December 10, 2013 at 9:45 am | Permalink

I want a trailer !! :(((((((((
    NOW !

3. Rygar
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Thorin’s blowing hair.

Another wonderfully dramatic shot by PJ. Man, he is an amazing director.

Peter Jackson :”We need to show the audience that Thorin is our tragic Hero. He needs more hair blowing in slow motion.”

4. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Dolorous Ned:
    Smaug

So how do you pronounce “Smaug”? Like “Smog” or “Sm-ow-g” or “Sm-aa-g” or “Rodan” or “Gekko”?

Actually, I’m looking forward to this latest incarnation of a dragon onscreen.

5. mullendore's monkey
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink

They have a cave troll

6. Howland Reed
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Snowdor.

7. Chickenduck
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Everyone needs to go and find the movie “Bad Taste”. Peter Jackson made it with his friends for a budget of about $5 back about 20 years ago. As a work of nerdery, it’s amazing.

8. Rygar
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Chickenduck,

Is there a lot of slow motion and close ups on blowing hair with intense gazing at the camera?

If not, then PJ failed.

9. Dolorous Ned
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Dunno. He’s cool though. Cooler than Dany’s kids.
    He might even make me enter a cinema.

Rygar,

Is Thorin’s hair CGI? It’s not real, if it’s not CGI.

10. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned,
    Besides hair action, I have faith in PJ that greedy Smaug’s voice (performed by Benedict Cumberbatch) will not be cheesy. I’ve heard there are some positive reviews thus far…it should be a better film than “An Unexpected Journey.”

11. Rygar
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Seriously? I felt the story of There and Back Again was pretty true to the child like novelty of the book. It seems like PJ is going to stray from the source in a negative way in this one, per what I’ve seen so far. Just give me Beorn and Spider taunts.

Cumberbatch? We shall see.

12. Rygar
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned,

The hair is CGI. The blowing is real.

Never thought I would ever dislike Armitage until his performance as Thorin. Dick, you should have been Mance.

13. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    Hodor’s Bastard,
    Seriously?I felt the story of There and Back Again was pretty true to the child like novelty of the book.It seems like PJ is going to stray from the source in a negative way in this one, per what I’ve seen so far. Just give me Beorn and Spider taunts.

You should get plenty of both in this upcoming film. I adore the books…but after LotR, I had trouble reverting back to a children’s tale and jovial, naive dwarf singing. I was excited when Guillermo del Toro was slated to direct….but a darker (a la Pan’s Labyrinth) version of The Hobbit was never meant to be, I guess. Instead we got Bilbo meets Indiana Jones…down to the absurd rail cart ride through the subterranean depths…..and many more hairy dwarves and hairless orcs operating another subterranean factory. To me, it was like there was lots of money to spend but very little story to work with.

Maybe we’ll see the descent of Bilbo via that damn ring in this film or the next…I’m hoping PJ keeps it at a more intense maturity level than a child’s tale. Smaug should be cool and huge. Fingers crossed for a good e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d story. Still very much a fan. Always.

14. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted December 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

HOLY SHIT WHERE IS MY ”IN PRODUCTION” TRAILER??!?

15. Chickenduck
    Posted December 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

No, but it DOES have Peter Jackson drinking alien vomit (as part of a plan to save the world).

Action sci-fi with New Zealand accents!