Game of Owns: Sansa and the Hens
By Winter Is Coming on in Books, Podcast.

Episode 178 – Sansa and the Hens

iTunes | Download | RSS

ACOK Chapter 60: Sansa VI
Two guys and a girl lead you through a telling conversation between Sansa and the Queen — riddled with lots of wine, women, and an impressive assortment of war-time finger foods.

Discussion Topics
Weather report
Cersei shares #life #tips
Eowyn vs. Queen Regent
Is she doing them a favor?
Sansa’s incredible composure
To be a woman, or a man?
Owns of the Chapter
Tweets, comments, EMAIL
Season 4 teaser

1. Rygar
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 9:02 am | Permalink

If you rearrange the letters in Sansa it spells Satan.

2. arden
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Rygar,

Same with Selyse

3. utherwolf
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:00 am | Permalink

I think they missed Davos chapter #3

4. Jentario
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Where is Oz? Feels like we haven’t gotten a post from him in a while…

5. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

utherwolf:
    I think they missed Davos chapter #3

You are correct, ser! Chapter #58 has gone AWOL! How could they miss Davos’s ships passing through the Blackwater and engaging the 3 whores? And the chain…the chain!!! All is lost, Stannis! Aaaaggghhhh!

6. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:25 am | Permalink

arden:
    Same with Selyse

Rygar,
    If you rearrange the letters in Sansa it spells Satan.

And dog spelled backwards = God. All hail the Hound!
    (SanSan is destiny)

7. Ser Cyrus of Guardia
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Great cast all! My own would actually go to Lena Headey for completely embodying ‘book Cersei’ when this chapter was played out in the show.

With winter already in full force here in ChiTown, I am now seriously considering hibernating with some Take the Black and Majora’s Mask due to the call-out on this podcast…

8. Dolorous Ned
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:40 am | Permalink

utherwolf,

Hodor’s Bastard,

Davos is alive and well, he just hasn’t made it to WiC.

9. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned,
    Yeah, I saw your previous post about it. Thx.

I didn’t hear anything blasphemous in the podcast that would warrant censure, except for the awkward moment when Micah realizes that the triangle between Selina, Eric and him is true and he tackles Eric on-air while pontificating about Cersei’s own lust triangles. I thought the hair-pulling and gelding was unnecessary but this is the game of thrones, so I tolerated it. Selina screams like a banshee throughout the melee and has a vocabulary of 4-letter words that a horny pirate would envy. That must have been too much for WiC. Too bad.

10. Jon Blackfiyre
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Ser Cyrus of Guardia,

I agree she did awesome in the show for this chapter. but overall I think Show Cersie and Book Cersie are pretty different. Witch is probably a good thing. cuz if show Cersie was as bat shit crazy as book Cersie it would just seen weird and forced. I do wish they would portray her utter blindness toward everything Joff does more like it is in the book though.

11. Ser Cyrus of Guardia
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Jon Blackfiyre,

I hear ya and I agree. Lena just nailed it in this chapter as Queen Regent . Spoilers aside I’m excited for what’s coming with her portrayal of the character this upcoming season.

12. Chickenduck
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

Jon Blackfiyre,

I suspect show Cersei will eventually get as batshit as book Cersei… It’ll just build up to it.

Which IMO is a good choice!

13. hassannmadkour
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

GRRM posted on his Not A Blog that the Cocteau will be screening the first three seasons of game or thrones weekly until March 24th. I guess this an unofficial way to tell that season 4 of GOT will premiere on March 30th

14. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted December 20, 2013 at 4:33 am | Permalink

Chickenduck,

I hope she does, after that character-building moment in 308 with Margaery too. Some people (including Elio of Westeros.Org) accused the writers of whitewashing over her bad side by making Joffrey the one to order the culling of Robert’s bastards. I can see where they’re coming from, it seems like no one is allowed to find holes to pick in the character and is instead meant to sympathise with every little thing she says and does (which thanks to Lena’s excellent performance is actually possible). These events in Blackwater and the aforementioned Second Sons are exceptions of course but it’s still not the character we know on paper.

Tyrion’s also lost much of his dark side (discounting his threats to Cersei and Joffrey) and has been expected to be the show’s “good guy” despite GOT being promoted as a series where everyone’s flawed and neither good nor evil (once again, their observations). Tywin’s the only character who to me has managed to keep his traits intact whilst still being able to show that he is indeed a human being who can laugh and smile, not just a monster who orders a river lord to break guest right by murdering 5000+ people. Thank you Charles Dance, for approving of privy death by crossbow.

15. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted December 20, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:
    Chickenduck,

Tyrion’s “fall into darkness” is exactly what I’m hoping for in S4. His dysfunctional family tears him apart, he is set up, he is mocked, his marriage is a sham, his covert Shae thing is a sham, his position as Master of Coin is tested, and the Tysha reveal……down, down , down Tyrion goes, into the depths (literally into the RK’s lower jail cells). This massive shift in Tyrion’s position and countenance is something I am looking forward to, leading to his final, consequential act of ASoS.

Bring it, PD. Bring it!