It might be a sleepy time of year but Game of Thrones casting updates are trickling in nonetheless! Here’s a roundup of the latest news:
- The Nolan Muldoon Agency confirms that Andy Kellegher will be reprising the role of Polliver in this upcoming season. The menacing Lannister soldier who stole Arya’s Needle and killed Lommy Greenhands was last seen in season 2.
- It looks like we’ll be seeing Littlefinger’s spy Olyvar return in season 4 as well. Actor Will Tudor‘s agency CV now includes both seasons 3 and 4. Last year, we saw him dallying with Loras and then reporting back to his employer soon after. Will he be playing up to the Knight of Flowers again or will Littlefinger have Olyvar targeting someone new?
- According to his CV, Gary Oliver will be playing a Braavosi Captain on an episode directed by Alex Graves. As we know, Graves is directing episodes 2, 3, 8 and 10 in season 4. Fans who have read A Storm of Swords can guess with whom the captain will be interacting. His appearance would presumably be in episode 8 or 10, depending on how long the show is able to stretch out key characters’ storylines this season.
- English actor Darren Kent will be playing a goatherd on an Alex Graves-directed episode in season 4, according to his CV. In an interview with the Southend Standard, Kent chats about meeting Nathalie Emmanuel and shared this photo of him in costume. He also hints at a storyline for the upcoming season with a few specifics. We’ve posted these *spoilers comments below the cut.*
- Kent says of his part on the show, “My character is in a very important episode in the series – the dragons are completely out of control and it comes to a head in that episode.” He adds, “It’s not a massive role, but it is a very important one.” He also told the Southend Standard that it was “really harrowing. I didn’t stop crying for 25 minutes after we’d finished filming, I think most of the crew was crying too.”
Ours is the Fury: It’s good to have Polliver’s return confirmed. I’m curious to see if Olyvar will be chatting up Loras, or someone else – like the Red Viper. The appearance of the Braavosi captain points toward a certain storyline ending in season 4 as many book-reading fans speculated it might, for that main character. And based on Kent’s remarks, it looks like we’ll be into Dany’s A Dance with Dragons material by the end of the season.