Funko’s tiny Game of Thrones figurines get even tinier
By Winter Is Coming on in Merchandise.

Funko Minis DisplayFunko, the makers of the popular Pop! vinyl figurines, is going to shrink your favorite Game of Thrones characters even more.

Next month, they will launch a line of Game of Thrones Mystery Mini-Figurines. This new line will feature 15 characters, all shrunk down to about 2.5 inches tall. They will be sold in blind boxes, so you won’t know which one you got until you open it (hence “mystery mini-figurines”). Characters include Robb Stark, Ayra Stark, Ned Stark, Jon Snow, Ghost, Shaggydog, Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, King Joffrey, White Walker, Khal Drogo, Daenerys Targaryen, Rhaegal, Drogon and Viserion. We’ve got a picture of the full line-up below.

These mini-figurines will go on sale on Feb. 15 in the US for the suggested retail price of $6.99-$7.99 each. Or you can pre-order some now from the HBO Shop.

Funko Mini Figurines

Winter Is Coming: As Ash would say, “Gotta catch ‘em all!”

1. erin
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

I don’t like the blind box deal….I want to know who I’m getting. I’d even pay extra to get the one(s) I want.

2. Chris
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Hodor!!

3. Laurel
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Why are there not more female characters? Cersei, Sansa, Margery, Brienne, Melisandre, Queen of thorns etc?

4. Bill Volk
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Do the heads come off, like Lego men? Because that would help you re-enact more than one important scene.

5. zzz
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

There kind of scary

6. That Stark boy
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Permalink
  7. Omar Brown
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

*Hums Pokemon Tv show theme*

“Gotta kill em all! (Kill em all!)

GAME OF THRONES!”

8. Jentario
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Laurel,
    I second this.
    Also, why does Bran always get neglected?

Anyway, they look cool. But not my kind of thing.

9. GDG
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

I like that they do this sort of thing and they’re kinda cute, but there’s no way I’m throwin’ down 7 bucks without even knowing which one I’d get. Maybe if they were only 2 or 3 bucks…

10. Josla
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Poor Jorah gets no love… except from me :’(

11. Rygar
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Even they make Tyrion without blonde hair

12. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

Ya that’s a fairly steep pricetag for a blind draw…..you could easily spend upwards of a couple hundred bucks trying to get em all.
    It’s a goo thing I’m not tempted by toys…
    Books, however… Does anybody know where one can find the novellas? I’m guessing amazon… An are they still just parts of larger collections? Please excuse the hijack…

13. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

So they are duplicating some previously-released characters, but smaller versions? They should do it right and only include truly smaller characters, like Tyrion, Rickon, Tommen, Penny, CotFs, Lady, SweetRobin, S2 baby dragons, etc… as part of this bunch.

14. Jentario
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

That would suck. You just listed some of the least likeable characters in the series. I would pay money to not have Penny in my house. Anyhow, she hasn’t even appeared in the show yet. After writing this paragraph, I think you were joking.

15. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

I quite liked his idea… Tho ya… Not sure about Penny specifically. I have a feelin there is much more in store for her…………

16. Skipjack
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Hmm, well you’ll be able to trade for a complete set on Craigslist at least. I think they should give several figurines in a pack for more money if they really want to push people’s gambling buttons.

I like the designs but I’m disappointed they are only doing these characters though. It seems like they could at least get behind a push like Star Wars figurines for the real collectors. Star Wars had figures right down to background people with no lines. Game of Thrones seems like a great marketing opportunity to get people to recreate scenes in miniature.

17. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Jentario:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

Lol! ;) I thought I had a point to make….but it is indeed silly….

These things make really fun gifts, btw.

18. Zeus
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Jon Snow looks like George Lucas

19. Zeus
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

NO BRAN??? Everyone is there but Bran? What’s the deal? Why is Bran always the one that get ignored? Is there some evil illuminati conspiracy behind this? Trying to make everyone to forget about the poor little Bran?

20. Jake
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I wish they’d come out with some nice, detailed action figures instead of keep popping out this Funko crap.

21. Rygar
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

I got the limited edition Drogo/Dany wedding rape night.

Still no love for Sansa or Viserys.

22. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

I got the Lysa-SweetRobin breastfeeding one. It’s so adorable and not disturbing at all! In fact Time magazine even noticed this trend toward breastfeeding forever that is all the rage! GRRM is so good at pulling our heartstrings!

23. Rygar
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Oooooh. Throw in some marbles and I’ll trade ya!

24. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

I’ve also got this Theon one, but my dog mutilated it by eating a certain appendage. Actually, it might be worth more now…

25. He who slithers
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Tyrion? Jaime? a lannister weakness I see

26. Cary Storm
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Nice, I can actually tell which character I’m looking at with these.

27. Cary Storm
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Zeus,

Just grab a stick out of your yard and that can be Bran.

28. KG
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Ha! Coolness :D

29. wargsareawesome
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Jentario,

Least likable? I’ll give you that for some of ‘em (Penny and SweetRobin), but Rickon doesn’t show up enough to be really disliked. And Tyrion’s a fan favorite.

30. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

Gimme that Drogo :drool: !!

31. Old Griff
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Wheres the Red Viper? Other than that they look awesome especially Rhaegar ! The Last Dragon FTW!

32. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

Skipjack,

Good point. And I like the idea of a collection of figurines a la Star Wars (extras and all). Unfortunately I think the lack of a child fanbase makes this concept pretty unrealistic, simply from a market standpoint.
    But ya, toys that are actually toys. No offense to anybody who’s into it..(one of my best friends has the original funkopoppin hound)… But for me these toys are really a celebration of plastic garbage without a function

33. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 17, 2014 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Rickon would be pissed

34. Amnesiacps
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 12:16 am | Permalink

If only Neca could get the Game of Thrones licence.

Would love a Hound figure and Beric with flaming sword.

35. Violentos
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 1:37 am | Permalink

I really don’t know what people see in these things. I personally think they’re all ugly and incredibly simple. Get a real artist to do miniature figures like Kotobukiya.

36. Brock
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:04 am | Permalink

Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead-Wright and Maisie Williams at Screen Actors Guild Award Party

Looks like Isaac has surpassed Sophie’s height.

37. Ser Lurksalot
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:09 am | Permalink

Imagine the joy on people’s faces when they open their mystery box and see Joffrey leering back out at them!

….and no Sansa??

38. TheBerylfly
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:15 am | Permalink

Brock,

Whoa, thanks for the link!
    I guess there is not much young teen girls watching Game of Thrones. Isaac is what, fifteen?
    In a couple of years when he does something else he is going to be a heartthrob and I can sniff and proudly remember the beginnings of his journey

39. loco73
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:24 am | Permalink

I want me some Jon Snow!!!! Yes indeed…by which I mean the figurine…of course! He’ll look soo cool with Ghost on the side…now if we could get Mormont’s raven, the package would be complete!

Oh and yeah to all moviegoers here, stay away from “47 Ronin” AND “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”….awful fucking movies…waste of time and money…

40. zambi76
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:39 am | Permalink

Wow, they all look really pissed off, except for Dany who looks smug and Arya who looks paranoid. Well, that’s ASOIAF for you I guess.

41. Greenjones
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Brock,

Just so long as he doesn’t surpass Hodor height…

42. Brock
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 4:24 am | Permalink

TheBerylfly,

There are surprising a huge amount of teen girls in the GoT fanbase.

43. jentario
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

I think Sophie Turner may have just commented on the trailer a few hours ago. There are many users that call themselves by character names, but I’ve never seen one posing as an actor. Especially after Google raped us and forced us to use Google+.

44. Veltigar
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister:
    Books, however… Does anybody know where one can find the novellas?I’m guessing amazon… An are they still just parts of larger collections?Please excuse the hijack…

The first post in this thread from Westeros http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/47184-the-factual-history-of-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-including-complete-bibliography/contains all the info you asked for. If you wan’t to read the novella’s in English than you’ll have to buy larger collections (see the thread for the specific one’s).

If you wan’t to wait than I think that they are releasing all three D&E tales in 2015 as a compendium called “a knight of the 7 Kingdoms” or something like that IIRC.

45. Taena
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

No Cersei love. Again :(

Will probably still buy these though – too cute. I’m a sucker for this shit.

46. Easteros bunny
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

They remind me of the collectible minifigures from Lego. Blind bags, you buy a bunch and end up getting three of the same in the bunch.

I absolutely hate blind bags! It makes way for silly “rare and hard to find figures” which jacks up their price on eBay. I don’t want to spend 7 bucks (well it will probably be close to 20 bucks per figure if they are released in Australia, knowing the silly price difference here) on the same figure I’m going to get numerous times.

47. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Thanks very much Veltigar. I know with just a bit if digging I could have found this, but well, I’m lazy and I very much appreciate your response.
    Can’t wait to read these, I’m jonesin for more of this world…

48. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Too bad you have to buy the anthologies in order to get the novellas. The D&E novellas give you quite a bit of insight into Targaryen rule, the Blackfyre pretenders and Bloodraven. They are simple and fun reads….although Dunk really needs to get laid at some point.

TP&tQ gives you all the meaty dragon fighting and Targ v Targ chaos you will ever need. Enjoy!

49. Bill
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Cary Storm:
    Zeus,

Just grab a stick out of your yard and that can be Bran.

Lol

50. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Awesome. Now I’m stoked. I have read some about that era of westerosi history and its totally fascinating. I really can’t wait to get my hands in these…
    As for Dunk… Seems his lineage is a bit… Awkward in that regard ;)
    I have some thoughts about some happenings in the north that may have been related….the whole honor guard stuff…
    Oh, and dude. Sunday is coming!!! I will be rooting for your dothraki for the AFC… Didn’t we discuss this briefly months ago?!!!
    Hodor’s Bastard,

51. Queenofthorns
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Shaggy dog but not summer wtf

52. Greenjones
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm | Permalink
  53. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

:) Indeed we did! Enjoy the games. Should be quite the battle! Can the Fox outwit the Lion?

Btw, Aegon being a hedge knight’s squire is one of the quirkiest yet coolest ideas that GRRM has had. I hope he does continue the grand history lesson that are the D&E tales! But first…TWoW dammit!

54. Abyss
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

No it wasn’t. At least not on the site. Maybe someone tweeted about it, I don’t keep that much attention to the twitter feeds.
    Btw, can somebody explain this sentence to me? I’m a second language speaker/writer and usually have no problem with English texts if there aren’t written in an too intellectual kind of style, but this I just don’t get:

To be honest with you, my like of it when I actually had to audition for it, it didn’t feel like an attainable thing because it shot so far away and it was nothing but brilliant European actors, so maybe that helped.

Pardon me? What is Pedro Pascal trying to communicate here? :-D

55. Patchy Face
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

HELLO!!!! Watching On the Set on HBO for GoT. On now. Wow

56. Greenjones
    Posted January 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Abyss,

That’s because his saying “my like of it” isn’t grammatically correct. He’s saying that since he liked the show so much and since its shot so far away from where he lives, that he didn’t expect to get the job.

57. Abyss
    Posted January 19, 2014 at 12:33 am | Permalink

Greenjones,

Thanks for explaining. The part you quoted had the wording that made the least sense to me. Actually, I was pretty sure that something wasn’t right there, but since it was a quote, I wasn’t entirely sure. ;-)

58. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

Here we go! To the pits! Stay away from te locusts……
    Cheers!

59. Andromeda
    Posted January 19, 2014 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

erin,

Give it a little while, I’m sure ones that have been opened and identified will start showing up on eBay!

60. Lady Mychelle
    Posted January 21, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Noooooooo I want action figures!!!!!!

61. grace
    Posted January 21, 2014 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

AND STILL NO SANSA?!?!

62. Annara Snow
    Posted January 23, 2014 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Jentario
    wargsareawesome

What’s up with the Penny hate?