15-min GoT feature to air on February 9
By Hear Me Roar on in Media, News, Production.

This just in from HBO:

Your readers may be interested to know that the 15-minute presentation GAME OF THRONES ICE AND FIRE: A FORESHADOWING will debut SUNDAY, FEB. 9 at 8:45 p.m. (ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, just before the debut of a new episode of “True Detective.” Offering a look back and a look forward to the fourth season of the hit HBO series, the show features clips from upcoming episodes, behind-the-scenes-footage, interviews with talent, and cast members’ answers to questions posed by fans.

Hear Me Roar: Nice! This should be a good one. They did a couple of such pre-season reviews&previews before, and I definitely expect a packed 15 minutes of treats a little over two weeks from now (and a lot of screen capping for the guys to do that night – I will be asleep here in Europe and enjoy the fruits of their labour in the morning, hehe). Mark the date and the time in your calendars! I wonder where they collected those fan questions from, by the way.

1. Josla
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Hodor?
    Awww… That sounds amazing! Definitely watching this
    Also first post ever lol

2. The Loon
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

awesome…HBO always does a good job with these

3. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Excellent, I wasn’t even a show watcher when they last released a major BTS feature. They should spend at least 50% of it talking about all the new characters.

Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Josla,

Welcome to the commenters, you former lurker ;)

5. Nick Larter
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

A cool Arya clip went up on the GoT Vine today too

6. House Mormont
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

i need it. i need it now

7. Balerion
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait! HBO is really spoiling us, and they’re starting to make out for the months of total silence. First the early trailer, the BTS video this week and now this! yay!

8. impuregold
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

My body is ready

9. Lord Stannis's Soul
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know when the teaser for this featurette will be out? I’m hungry.

10. Patchy Face
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Where the got the fan questions, indeed??!!

11. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

looked pretty awkward to me

12. ATG
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Very sweet news indeed

13. Greenjones
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

haltwhogoesthere,

Doesn’t look like she’s fighting. I think she’s practising or reacquainting herself with Needle.

14. ROHaN
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

The perfect gift for my birthday

15. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Things needed for preview: beverage? check, large circulating fan? check, smelling salts? check, yep, ready to watch.

16. Rygar
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Yay. Just in time for my birthday! What a way to celebrate!!!

So you think they will show Tywin taking a shit with the stank of Shae on his dong when Tyrion offs him? Or will they go the Weasel Soup route and change it up?

That was just for you Patchy. A bit of GoT discussion for ya to mull over.

17. Wrath of the Gods
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Nice! Right before the Walking Dead premier too.

18. Satin
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Re: fan questions: I’m pretty sure that was on twitter, at least I’ve seen a couple over the last few months.

19. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Man I want to see that but im guessing there going to change it up. The way they are changing up Shae. She is going to betray Tyrion for jealousy. I bet this part of the story might have quite a bit of change.

20. facelessarya
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Features like this always make me giddy.

They always make me so much more optimistic for the show… I convince myself everything will be perfect, eyeballs deep in denial. The actual season usually makes me really upset, but for now I can hope and wish my book-purist days away.

21. Felt Pelt
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Jon Blackfyre,

I hope Shae’s betrayal is a combination of jealousy, and what I hope they do, that she was already working as a plant for Tywin from the first time she was introduced. We’ve seen her fall in love with Tyrion, and this would leave that believable and keep her betrayal so too.

22. Balerion
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Satin,

You are right, GoT asked fans some time ago on twitter to post their question for the cast using the hashtag #AskGoT

23. Laurentius
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter:
    A cool Arya clip went up on the GoT Vine today too

Looks a bit like a “character selection screen” from some sword-fighting video game.

24. Felt Pelt
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

It would be funny after a half of season of the Hound and Arya murderin’ their way through Westeros, she is alone with her sword on a mountaintop and makes G.I. Joe battle-style noises. Someone catches her, and that’s why she looks towards the camera. It would be in character, and remind us she’s a little kid.

25. Patchy Face
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Awesome. Think they will go exact book rote for that one. Too good to pass up. Others?

26. haltwhogoesthere
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

I’m aware. Still looed awkward.

27. GreatJon of Slumber
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Jon Blackfyre:
    Rygar,

I think the ultimate end of that character will be held pretty much the same. Getting to that point – Shae’s motivation being more based on jealousy and resentment than a calculated betrayal for gold – will be what gets altered.

28. Rygar
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face,

I don’t think Ygritte will be killed as in the book. Its rather impersonal (which I like) but I think D&D may go a different route. Same outcome for the character, but in a different, more dramatic, way.

29. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    Patchy Face,

I don’t think Ygritte will be killed as in the book.Its rather impersonal (which I like) but I think D&D may go a different route.Same outcome for the character, but in a different, more dramatic, way.

I’ve been wondering if Jon will be the one to kill her.

30. Rygar
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Would make most sense.

31. Boojam
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

I sure would like to have a question answered.

Will the dragons get their names this season?

32. Patchy Face
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Agreed – I like the book approach as it was sort of just dropped on us as readers unexpectedly and for the character involved as well. However, I could certainly see D&D taking a more dramatic approach. what about the verrrrry end of Clash (you know what I’m sayin) – same or completely different? (sorry – in weird location and can’t get my spoiler tags to work)

33. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger: I’ve been wondering if Jon will be the one to kill her.

34. Atomix
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

YAY. My DVR is Ready

35. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Lol dude. You never fail.

Felt Pelt:
    Jon Blackfyre,

That’s fucking interesting, man. I think Bronn would have to be in on it as well, because he’s already told Tyrin where he found her… and I’m not sure Tywin would go through all the trouble, unless he knew Tyrion would disobey him and “take that whore to court” anyway.

I think it likely to happen as in the books… Shae testifies against both Tyrion and Sansa, and the next we see her is when Tyrion finds his way to the tower of the hand….

And yes, jealousy will likely play a role in building to that thoughout the season…

36. Jordan
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Boojam,

No, because D&D set out to torment you.

Seriously though, I’m guessing we will at least get the name of Drogon, after he kills that child.

37. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

I have been thinking about that as well, and kinda hope so.

Hodor’s Bastard: I agree. I think Jon will unknowingly attack her with his sword (maybe even from behind) as she is about to kill Sam during the southern CB incursion. Only after removing her headcover does Jon realize who he has killed (or maybe she isn’t quite dead yet). Absolutely devastating.

Heavy. Nice image… that would help develop the coming material for both survivors…

38. Joshua Atreides
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Felt Pelt,

That would be a nice nod to Lawrence of Arabia when Anthony Quinn’s Ouda finds O Toole gliding around in his Bedouin clothes.

39. Greenjones
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Even if it was done like the books, but by him, it would be good. You shoot me with a bow, I shoot you. Too bad I shoot to kill. Of course he would do it thinking, “Oh that’s just another wildling, cause she’ll have her hood on or something and then her hair will fly out, kissed by fire, as she falls.

I also think that the shot where we see Melisandre looking into flames in the trailer is her watching Ygritte’s corpse upon a pyre. Though they cut them together as though its in the same series of shots as the big Dragonstone burning, her background is Castle Black. (As per Abyss’s gif http://i.minus.com/ihsHYFkJoEzzY.gif0 I think that’s how ep. 10 will open btw. She’ll see Jonny Boy tearfully burning her and watch and say, “Hmmm” then call him up for an audience with the king who cared.

40. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Greenjones:

My God, that would be gut-wrenching and a totally tragic and dark follow-up to the symbolism of “Kissed by Fire”. Cogman, are you writing that episode as well?

41. Greenjones
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

D and D always hog the finales. As is their right, they are the kings (or e.p.s).

42. Taena
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Exciting! :D

43. Tenesmus
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

I’d rather see her captured by Jon, and just when they have a touching moment- BAM! Stannis very out of the blue non-chalantly kills her. . Seruiously though, I think her death could be used to set up some foreshadowing of the assassination attempt on Jon’s life later. For instance, Ygriitte is captured and is being gang-raped and Jon tries to stop it, and fails, but is still thought less by some of the Watch for showing weakness to a Wlidling bitch.

44. Rygar
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Greenjones:
    Sister Wrister,

. Nice. But even better. Jon shots an arrow. A wildling wearing a hood falls dead. The hood exposes red hair. Jon screams Nooooooooo. Slow fade to black. Episode ends. Next episode. Jon, crying, walks up to the red haired corpse. Its Carrot Top. Stannis actually smiles for once.

45. Lord Stannis's Soul
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

Tenesmus,

That was so far out there I’m not even sure why you put a spoiler tag around it.

46. Greenjones
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

The Horn of Joramun is one of Carrot Top`s props.

47. Greenjones
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

While I`m speculating based on Abyss`s trailer gifs, with what we now know from the On the Set feature`s shot of Stannis and Daovs with Mr. Nestoris, this could very well be the two men looking upon the Titan of Braavos.

48. Jordan
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Tenesmus,

…Because if there’s anything the show needs it is another violent rape scene?

49. Ser Cyrus
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

…and then wildlings, night’s watch brother’s and Stannis’s army all rejoice in sheer and utter bliss together

50. Arthur
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Nick Larter,

She’s training to be a straight up assassin!!!

51. Arthur
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

Yup, she probably just got needle back like you said… In a strange way, that Needle sword represents her home and family.

So although it is just a tiny little sword, I bet it means a lot to her.

52. Rygar
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Ser Cyrus,

YES. An orgy! Give new meaning to the phrase “banging on the Wall”.

53. Felt Pelt
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

There’s a moment in Shae’s introduction where Bronn looks shifty after explaining he found her a few tents down. I have my fingers crossed.

54. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

I guess the image I had was like that…. Jon’s raining arrows down from a rooftop, and recognizes her as she falls back. He fights his way down to her and the whole gooodbye thing… pretty standard

Tenesmus,

Not sure about the whole gang rape thing. I don’t think Stannis would condone that… and it’s not like she’s being held on the fuckin Pegasus. Still, there must be conflict with Slynt and co… and having her survive awhile… that conflict could be handled through her treatment as prisoner. With an eventual burning. I dunno. I’d rather see Melisandre burn somebody else…. All the “weakness” Jon shows to the Watch in his approach to dealing with the wildlings has plenty of room and time to develop

Carrot top would be funny though. The show only gets one or two comic relief moments a season…

55. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Felt Pelt:
    Sister Wrister,

I’ll have to rewatch that! Interesting. He’d have been bought out from under Tyrion as soon as they got to camp…. and her as well….. Fuckin Tywin. What a pimp. We shall see…

Dig the rhyming alias, btw. It’s like a jeopardy category in here.

56. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Rygar: . Nice.But even better.Jon shots an arrow.A wildling wearing a hood falls dead.The hood exposes red hair.Jon screams Nooooooooo.Slow fade to black. Episode ends.Next episode.Jon, crying, walks up to the red haired corpse.Its Carrot Top.Stannis actually smiles for once.

For Stannis??? Louis Ck all the way

57. Felt Pelt
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

Thank you. I think this twist would save the Shea storyline, which has been one of the weaker ones. But like the Lannister Honeypot theory which was going to make the Talisa-Robb meet-cute more interesting, it may be something they left the possibility open for and don’t use.

58. Annara Snow
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Tenesmus:
    Sister Wrister,

I’d rather see her captured by Jon, and just when they have a touching moment-BAM!Stannis very out of the blue non-chalantly kills her..Seruiously though, I think her death could be used to set up some foreshadowingof the assassination attempt on Jon’s life later.For instance, Ygriitte is captured and is being gang-raped and Jon tries to stop it, and fails, but is still thought less by some of the Watch for showing weakness to a Wlidling bitch.

I really hope you’re joking.

59. The Dragon Demands
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

When did “the fans” ever pose questions to the cast and crew? There was no official Q&A submission process. They’ll be prescripted instead of a screened Q&A. What I’d like is some sort of Q&A submission that Cat Taylor filters out good ones from.

60. matt
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Lord Stannis’s Soul,

Hahaha im more excited about the vine teasers for the teaser for the BTS trailer!

61. Jon Blackfyre
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

I hope Bronn isnt part of it, but that is something that could of even been even in the books. Im listening to the audio books again right now and just passed the chapter where Bronn goes to Tyrions cell. he has some lines where he says that he pretty much is taking the highest bidder but he hopes Tyrion wins. There relationship has always been one of my Favorites. They were always truthful to each other and seem to always had great admiration for each other.
    Bronn..what will you do imp
    Tyrion…kill Gregor myself. Wont that make for a jolly song.
    Bronn…I hope I hear them sing it.
    Bronn grinned one last time and walked out of the door the castle and his life
    Pod…Im sorry
    Tyion….Why? is it your fault tht Bronns an insolent blackhearted rogue. Hes always been an insolent blackhearted rogue. Thats what i like about him.

A few other scenes I cannot wait for is the scene were
    Jamie unloads onto Tywin after Tywin tries to tell him that he will mary and take Castley but Jamie refuses.
    I always cant wait for Dany to exile Jorah. I wonder how this will play out since Dany already knows the old man is Barastan. I always liked Jorah and wished Dany would of kept him. There are possabilities that This doesnt happen for a while.

62. kingjon
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

I’m sitting here re-watching season 3 on HBO. After watching a few episodes, I feel like making a few predictions for season 4. As I’ve said for awhile, Shae will not betray Tyrion. And Queen Magarey will get the cred for the PW. And Brienne will remain in King’s Landing this season to ‘train’ Jaime in place of Sir Payne.

63. kingjon
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

kingjon,

When Queen Margery asked Joff if he’d like to see her kill something. Joff’s fate was sealed. Queen Marg will get the credit on the show. The storyline from the book will never happen. Queen Marg will murder Joff and set up Tyrion. Great television. .

64. Ashara D
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Yay! Can’t wait! Someone on an earlier thread who checks the HBO schedule mentioned this a while back (sorry–can’t remember who) so it was already on my calendar, but great to have confirmation.
    Regarding Shea: I think it will go down substantially as it did in the books. D&D and the actors involved know to put some doubt into the possible motivations of the characters involved; it is essential to the story to maintain the uncertainty of motivation for everyone’s choices. GRRM always plays with the tropes, including conspiracy theories. Tywin is not omniscient, Bronn is in everything only for himself, and Shea is a survivor above all. Tyrion appears to be a lost cause, and she simply chooses what experience has taught her is the best path for her own survival. If her storyline–both book and show, despite their differences–demonstrates anything to Shea, it is that she must take care of herself and cannot afford to be sentimental. Happy endings are not the norm and sentiment can get you killed in her world. GRRM loves to leave the reader/watcher with the “if only” feeling. D&D have certainly adhered to that.
    Please, no more rapes

65. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Annara Snow: I really hope you’re joking.

For the record, I had nothing to do with this idea. Nor do I wish to see it play out as such.

66. Ser Tahu
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Good, more stuff to look forward too :D.

67. Greenjones
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:12 am | Permalink

Just something I noticed about the staging of Tyrion’s trial. I noticed the same pink-clad extra in the background of both of their shots, as well as the same brazier with fire in it. This indicates to me that Tyrion is looking at Cersei and in the other shot, she is looking away from him. Here.

Not the biggest find, but I’m trying to glean what I can from these ontheset screencaps.

68. Hounded
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:21 am | Permalink

kingjon,

I don’t see why the show would give Marg the credit. I really hope they don’t do that. They included the scene where Sansa confesses to Olenna that Joffrey is a monster so she has her motivation because she doesn’t want her Grand-daughter married to a monster.

As for Brienne she definitely won’t stay in King’s Landing all season as Gwendoline has been spotted filming with Pod in Iceland so she’ll be out on the road for at least a few eps.

69. Greenjones
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 2:41 am | Permalink

haltwhogoesthere,

Having rewatched it several times I’m convinced that these cuts in the vine video will not be the cuts in the show. The editing as presented in this gif, does make her moves look more like a dance routine (though of course Syrio did teach it as a dance.) This is probably all or some of the Arya coverage in a particular scene, with other shots showing other things meant to be in between. The only cut that it likely to be in the show is the last one of her turning, those two shots flow well together and that’s why they’ve put em in the real trailer.

70. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 3:42 am | Permalink

Rygar,

You have an awful lot of birthdays in one year.

71. zambi76
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 4:31 am | Permalink

I’m not sure about this, but if we go with the Marg/Garlan and Loras/Willas amalgams on the show that would even make sense, as there is quite some suspicion that in the books it was Garlan who actually was the poisoner. Grandma can still be the brains behind it all I guess.

Something maybe related, I don’t know but I found it really strange that Bronn’s actor chose Margaery of all people, when asked in an interview which character he would kill if he could, because she is nasty and creeps him out or something like that.

72. Patchy Face
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 5:01 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Ah, but have you noticed that at times the shots are reversed from one trailer to the next? May not end up in the show as it appears in the trailer.

73. tysnow
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:06 am | Permalink

Personally I hope show Shae survives, I love the actor Sibell playing her and she works so well with Peter. My thoughts is her demise is not essential to Tyrion’s overall arc, therefore I can easily see Vary’s persuading her to join forces with him to help in the imps escape. She takes the place of the what’s her name (unimportant dwarf) oh Penny, who definitely isn’t necessary for Tyrion’s arc. I have heard the rumors here and on other boards that both Rose and Sibell want their characters continued, unless D&D decide to merge Ygritte with Val (no actor has been announced) I can see Shae merging with Penny though, perhaps at Joff’s wedding Shae becomes entertainment.

74. Tenesmus
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:16 am | Permalink

I think we will see many deaths this season.

75. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

tysnow,

Shae needs to die. Hopefully they will manage to do it like the book. I know Sibel makes an awesome, albeit very different, Shae but it really does need to happen to put Tyrion in his ADWD mentality. And sending them off to Essos together would kill that entirely. She can not replace Penny, and she can not stay with Tyrion. Penny needs to get cut- Jorah is enough of a good influence on Tyrion (in helping him find his morality again) and I honestly don’t see a way where Penny can stay. I can’t wait for the Jorah-Tyrion relationship- going from abusive to sentimental.

76. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu,

Compared to last season, HBO is really being amazing. People just went nuts by the end of the season 3 drought. “Whur is muh trailah?” was an actually legitimate question last year.

77. loco73
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Holly shit! That is freaking awesome! Oh oh, I just realised that in all my excitement I filled-up my adult diapers!

78. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Joshua Atreides:
    Felt Pelt,

Now that is a reference I didn’t expect! Are you a member of the Spanish Inquisition as well, Mr. Sandworm? :)

Oh, I fear Arya’s days of simple childhood are long gone….

79. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:32 am | Permalink

If we are on the subject of Tyrion and Shae’s betrayal, here’s my take on it. Tywin will demand from Shae that she play the comedy at Tyrion’s trial, either because he threatens her or because he strikes a deal with her so that Tyrion will be allowed to go at the Wall. I don’t know the specifics, cause I have pain to imagine Tywin seducing Shae, or anyone for the matter, but Shae will betray Tyrion (and sleep with Tywin) to save him from certain death. And Tyrion won’t know that.

80. Talisa's ghost
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

I just hope the new video is better than that Arya vine.

Shae will definitely die, Tyrion’s story line has no place for her, but they could replace Val with Ygritte. Why hire a new actress when you already have a good actress that has experience playing a wildling?

81. Joshua Atreides
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

I’m just a David Lean admirer. Watched it on Blu just recently to commemorate St Peter O Toole. Fantastic translation. As for the other thing who needs the Spanish Inquisition when I have the Qizorate at my beck and call? With the exception of traito Korba of course.

82. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer:
    tysnow,

Agreed. I don’t know why so many think Shae won’t testify against Tyrion. As an aside, I’m against calling it betrayal because she wasn’t in a position to refuse to testify or stand up for Tyrion. What would Cersei have done to her if she didn’t comply? I always took it as a given that Shae was threatened.Anyways, yes it is crucial for Tyrion’s downward spiral. They made Shae more likable in the show so her “betrayal” would be all the more shocking.

83. Patchy Face
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

loco73,

You are too funny – did you fill them with Dragon poo?

84. Bard
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

15 minutes…almost too much.

85. Greenjones
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Bard,

It won’t be all new material though. They say “a look back” as well as forward, which is a very careful way of saying that they will feature a bunch recap stuff. I hope we at least get to hear Mace and Styr speak, now that we know what they look like.

86. WildSeed
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

I’ve always admired actor O’Toole’s work, from the heights of his career, and recent. Amazing that he performed a pivotal role in one of my favourite Pixar productions,” Ratatouille “. He was the French cuisine critic, Anton Ego. He and Richard Harris were two from my very short list, that I’d give pause to.

As for the death commandos, I suppose all considerations are relevant when war threatens just cause. For my own safety, I utilize the Holtzman technique, the effects are….blurring (:

Did I ever mention that my late feline was named Muad’ Dib ?

Hodor’s Bastard,

Spanish Inquisition indeed ! Would you wager that Mr ( Virginia governor ) McDonnell would think the same, of his current predicament ? LOL ! I suppose he’ll contact Jaime Lannister-Dimon, for a loan to pay legal fees. *>*

9 Feb is about right for a longer segment of Game of Thrones. Last year in January, the wait had become unbearable. Then we got those full page adverts in the New York Times, et.al. Season 4 is definitely a heightened season with crucial elements. For the first time I’m really anxious about the show. So much……. goings on.

adieu and good tidings all GoT fans at WiC…….back to Bookwaves, KPFA_ Berkeley *>*

87. cosca
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Someone’s probably posted this a while ago, but:

Seems to be all about Dany’s storyline.
    I can make out some stuff Selmy scroll for Jorah, catapults. Also, “Jorah packs bags”., but not the rest. Anyone have any image enhancing skills?

88. WildSeed
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Tenesmus,

It is known…

89. Hodor's Bastard
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

WildSeed:

Spanish Inquisition indeed ! Would you wager that Mr ( Virginia governor ) McDonnell would think the same, of his current predicament ?LOL ! I suppose he’ll contact Jaime Lannister-Dimon, for a loan to pay legal fees.*>*

Since I currently reside in VA, you touched on a sore subject indeed. Both VA and NJ are trying hard to catch up to Illinois in the para-ethical Olympiad! I think McDonnell has previously made several deals with the Iron Bank of Braavos and now they are coming to collect their debt.

90. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

No vacancies in the Stark crypt, I’m afraid :(

91. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

What, no love for corrupt politicians and bankers?
    I kid I kid. They belong high up on a hilltop, for everyone to see…

92. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Nothing Jaqen couldn’t take care of , hehehehe

93. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

No doubt. Here’s hopin…

94. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

WildSeed,

Are you in radio wildseed?

95. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

It’s easier to chat on Wicgeeks, feel free to join us :)

96. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

Jen@House Stark,

Ahhh well thanks :) Ya I should prolly do that, I checked it out a couple weeks back, seems like a friendly joint. It’s just sooo much effort (joking, but im kinda lazy). Naaah,
    I’ll get over there… And thank you again!

97. WildSeed
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 1:54 am | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

nope, never heard of that.

98. WildSeed
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 2:05 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Bastard,

McDonnell should contact meth-Daemon’s uncle……. or better yet, call Saul’s vacuum
    associate for a deluxe model . *>*

Jen@House Stark,

crypt vacancy ? please explain… I’m a bit slow sometimes.

99. Greenjones
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 2:17 am | Permalink

cosca,

That came out in September, I think but I don’t remember anyone having noticed that it said Selmy scroll for Jorah. Do you think that the numbers written before the scene descriptions are which episode they take place in?

100. KG
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 3:35 am | Permalink

Annara Snow,

He’s not. Scary, isn’t it?

101. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 3:51 am | Permalink

cosca,

I think it’s “sends” rather than “scrolls”. That’s what I thought when I first read that, at least. Scroll just doesn’t make sense.

102. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 3:52 am | Permalink

WildSeed: ,

nope, never heard of that.

Perhaps that was a stupid question, forgive me. Sounded like you might have a specialty show or somethin down at Berkeley… I love college radio, I listen to it religiously up north,

103. cosca
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer,

Perhaps Selmy finds a scroll that Varys sent to Jorah?

104. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:15 am | Permalink

cosca,

Maybe, but that sentence makes absolutely no grammatical sense. It would probably have been Selmy finds Jorah’s scroll, or just Selmy finds scroll. Selmy scroll for Jorah? Unless he’s scrolling down Jorah’s page on Facebook, it makes no sense.

105. Sister Wrister
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:16 am | Permalink

cosca: Hand of the Kingslayer,

Perhaps Selmy finds a scroll that Varys sent to Jorah?

This seems possible.

106. cosca
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer,

Well, it is just shorthand on a whiteboard after all. No need to make grammatical sense.

107. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:43 am | Permalink

cosca,

I get that, but it’s not just a small mistake. They could have said so many things with less words that wouldn’t be completely incorrect. Do you honestly think they used “scroll” as a verb? Makes no sense at all, as much as I like the idea.

108. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Haha! James Purefroy trying to regain some face after he took a dragon shit on GOT last year:

This might open him up as a casting option again, if anyone here’s a fan.

109. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 5:00 am | Permalink

Patchy Face,

No such thing. It’s a myth.

110. Valaquen
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer:

This might open him up as a casting option again, if anyone here’s a fan.

He praised it before a long time ago, some time before his ‘joke’ with Kevin McKidd (I’d welcome both actors onto the show, especially McKidd, who would be my Connington.) Purefoy could probably make a good Euron, though I’d like to see one of the Mikkelson brothers as him.

111. Pau
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 9:28 am | Permalink

cosca:
    Hand of the Kingslayer,

I think you’re right. They’re not using scroll as a verb, just omitted some words “Selmy scroll for Jorah” is “Selmy (finds the) scroll (that was meant) for Jorah”

112. Joshua Atreides
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Valaquen,

The only wise move for Purefoy is to gain the lead role for the Constantine TV series now in development.

But I wouldn’t mind him as Connington. Kevin McKidd doesn’t come as a Noble to me. Maybe Victarion for McKidd.

113. jentario
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Pau,

That’s just wrong. They typically don’t need to explain anything in whiteboards, so the whole “is meant for Jorah” bit is completely unnecessary. It makes no sense. “Selmy finds Scroll” would suffice and would be shorter. Also, I think the word could just as easily be “send” and not “scroll”, which would make sense completely. The picture is too blurry to assume that that word is “scroll”.

114. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Joshua Atreides,

Connington is a prick…

115. Rygar
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer,

Takes a prick to make a prick.

116. WildSeed
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Sister Wrister,

I see. KPFA has a radio program segment that’s renown for interviewing book authors.
    It’s not a college station or hold any affiliation to one. There is a long political past, though.

117. Jen@House Stark
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

WildSeed:
    Hodor’s Bastard,

associate for a deluxe model . *>*

Jen@House Stark,

crypt vacancy ? please explain… I’m a bit slow sometimes.

Tenesmus:
    I think we will see many deaths this season.

Sure Wildseed sweetie! Comment from Tenesmus was “I think we will see many deaths this season”. I replied that there is no room in the Stark crypt, because too many of us have died last season. True, the kids are left, but the Army of the North is destroyed, i.e. we can’t afford to lose anymore Starks, this season or any to come. :smile:

1. […] Check out the promo released tonight, giving us a peek at new footage and cast interviews. The full 15-minute-long special will premiere on Sunday, February 9th at 8:45PM, exclusively on […]