This time three years ago it was clear that we have entered The Year of The Premiere. Let me walk you through the exciting itinerary of that January. The Television Critics Association winter tour was the big event to kick the year off, and Winter is Coming and FaBio were both in attendance, meeting for the first time (the universe did not collapse).
- Our intrepid reporters were treated to a full 15 minutes special sneak peek and discussed it in detail.
- As part of the event, they met GRRM (and briefly the producer Vince Gerardis) over breakfast, which you were also able to read about.
- The GoT press panel was covered live. As you can read in the feed, David&Dan still considered using flashbacks at that point. Three months before the premiere, the show was attracting an unprecedented amount of interest.
- You can read the big report from panel here, the roundtable discussion with D&D here, and the roundtable with GRRM here.
- The big date for the premiere was set to April 17.
- The Making Game of Thrones blog posted 11 new promo shots.
- FaB shared some stories from the event, and Access Hollywood interviewed the cast.
- Three choice interviews by the TV critic and fan Mo Ryan were a result of the TCA tour as well.
- The reactions to the sneak peek video and a host of TCA reports were collected in this post.
- HBO aired another teaser, prominently featuring the iron throne.
- We learnt more details on how they were portraying the direwolves and the Northern Inuit dog breed the production resorted to.
- Unsurprisingly, a tonne of interviews had been released before the month was over.
- One of my favourite Artisan videos was released as well: Maisie Williams discusses her role.
Hear Me Roar: Oh, the memories. Such exciting days … I am feeling more than a little nostalgic right now.