Funko officially announces their Game of Thrones Legacy Collection
By Lightbringer on in Merchandise.

After the weekend leak it was only a matter of time – Funko has officially announced the launch of their new Game of Thrones Legacy Collection. So check out some prettier pictures and new information on the first wave of figures:

Funko is excited to announce a new line of highly articulated action figures celebrating some of pop culture’s biggest franchises. The hit HBO® series Game of Thrones® will be the first license released in the Legacy Collection, which is currently available exclusively in Barnes & Noble stores nationwide in time for the Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season DVD release on February 18. It will follow at additional retail partners on March 4.

The first wave of the Game of Thrones Legacy Collection introduces some of the series’ most popular characters. Each action figure will feature 20+ points of articulation and its own removable accessories.

Game of Thrones Legacy Collection
Daenerys Targaryen – The Daenerys Targaryen Legacy Action Figure is a 6″ tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features Daenerys’s dragon, Drogon, as an accessory. Ages 17+.
Tyrion Lannister – The Tyrion Lannister Legacy Action Figure is a 6″ tall highly articulated action figure that includes an axe and a necklace as accessories. Ages 17+.
White Walker – The White Walker Legacy Action Figure is a 6.5″tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features a spear as an accessory. Ages 17+.
Ned Stark -The Ned Stark Legacy Action Figure is a 6″tall highly articulated action figure that comes with a sword as an accessory. Ages 17+.

1. Aldi_A
    Posted February 12, 2014 at 11:30 pm | Permalink

Hodor!

2. Arthur
    Posted February 12, 2014 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Some am I a loser if I admit I’m going to go to this sushi place I love and have a nice lunch, then walk across the plaza to buy each one of these figures?

3. TheWolfOfWinterfell
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:08 am | Permalink

Yes! Sandor and Ned look awesome. Wish Ned was in his Winterfell gear though!

4. Hexonx
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:19 am | Permalink

What is the “Ages 17+” thing about?

5. Ser Lucas Tyrell
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:27 am | Permalink

I like the WW’s House sigil.

6. Ser Lucas Tyrell
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:37 am | Permalink

Hexonx:
    What is the “Ages 17+” thing about?

Maybe we can take their clothes off.

7. Vega
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Hexonx:
    What is the “Ages 17+” thing about?

Because the TV show is TV-MA and full of violence, sex, and nudity. You can’t market an “action figure” as “For ages 8+” because then you’re promoting the TV show they’re based on to that age group. Any action figure or collectible for an R-rated or Mature show will automatically get the “Ages 17+” thing even if it’s just a Pez dispenser.

8. Sator Arepo
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 12:51 am | Permalink

Wtf no Theon again!

9. Rene
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 1:25 am | Permalink

“Let’s make Theon” “o wait, we made the body too small!” “No problem, we will say it’s Tyrion!”

That must have happened, since the head looks much more like Alfie Allen than Peter Dinklage.

10. Judith Williams
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 3:00 am | Permalink

Please where is Drogo. You have a Ned Stark so why not a Drogo he is the BEST!!!!

11. Bannerless Bro
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 3:50 am | Permalink

Still no Tyrion/Bronn pack, still those silly faces, still those awful articulations.
    Please no.

Ser Lucas Tyrell,

Hahaha.

12. Koen Stark
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 5:10 am | Permalink

While I already have posted a few times here, I don’t think I ever properly said hello to everybody. So here it is

Hi fellow GoT fans!!!

I also just saw this new blu-ray/dvd promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJ-YKex-oc

Is a compilation of the video reactions going to be an extra or dragon egg? The blu-ray.com review doesn’t mention it as an extra.

13. Dorian
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 5:13 am | Permalink

Wait – the figures aren’t to scale with each other? Tyrion’s the same height as Jon Snow?!

14. Anara Snow
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Why isn’t Tyrion smaller (and the White Walker bigger for that matter)? It’s as if D&D are whispering in Funko’s ears into how to best decimate this intellectual property. It’s a serious injustice toward little people to have Tyrion that big, as if they fear his figurine won’t be as popular with the stupid masses (f*** them) because he’s too small so they made him bigger as to not offend anyone.

And wth is Dany the same height as the Hound? LOL it’s like D&D think that gender equality means making women -physically- equal to men. That’s just more sexist.

15. cosca
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 6:16 am | Permalink

Anara Snow:

This is a joke, right?

16. SkinnyPete
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 7:18 am | Permalink

The figures will be to scale. A company will not state the exact size of each and every figure in a toyline. Everyone shut the fuck up.

17. Hizdar for President
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 7:23 am | Permalink

As someone who will buy these and actually play with them, I see nothing wrong with these figures. They are far superior to the PoP line or anything else I would expect from Funko. Despite the scale comparisons they are arguably on par with the DarkHorse series. The potential competition between DarkHorse and Funko is great news for us figure fans and collectors. Way to step it up Funko! I can’t wait to see the next wave!

18. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 7:24 am | Permalink

I agree with Anara Snow. Its the Barbie syndrome. As a woman, I want my dollys to have realistic proportions, not some made up male fantasy of the female form. Does Dany come with a mail in pajama set and a pillow so that she can trade blows with the Bedtime Cersei doll?

19. Annara Snow
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Why the hell is someone using my username with a different spelling? What a weird impersonation attempt. Go away and come up with a more original nick.

20. Dorian
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:10 am | Permalink

SkinnyPete:

Who says they’ll be to scale? Its real simple:

“Jon Snow – The Jon Snow Legacy Action Figure is a 6″ tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features Jon Snow’s sword, Longclaw, as an accessory. Ages 17+.
    The Hound – The Hound is a 6.5″ tall highly articulated action figure which features two swords and a helmet as accessories. Ages 17+.”

Notice how the Hound figure is .5” taller than the others mentioned?

21. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Annara Snow,

UGH. That happens here unfortunately. The MODs usually delete or ban those that use multiple usernames from the same IP address. However, their site frequnecy is less and less these days. I just thought you decided to change it up!

22. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Dorian,

Yes but you failed to mention that Tyrion is the same height as Ned.

23. Steven
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:38 am | Permalink

While I like that Funko is releasing 6 at a time (as opposed to Dark Horse releasing just a couple every 3 months), I think the Dark Horse figures are a lot more detailed and accurate. I’ll stick with those.

24. Dorian
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Rygar:
    Dorian,

Yes but you failed to mention that Tyrion is the same height as Ned.

Yeah, I was just using the fact that the press release refers to the height of each figure with specificity to show that they are apparently not to scale.

Steven:

The Dark Horse ones aren’t even action figures. They’re more like statues. I think statues are boring personally. I’ll be getting these, I’d just prefer if they were to scale.

And don’t forget that threezero is doing *much* more detailed (and expensive) articulated figures.

25. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Dorian,

Ah the bane of sarcastic text. ;)

26. hoothoot
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 10:21 am | Permalink

What, no Brienne?

27. Veltigar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 10:30 am | Permalink

I’m sad that they don’t have a Euron figure with Mads Mikkelsen in costume as model :p
    (not that I would buy it, this is not my cup of tea)

28. MedievalFantasy
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 10:38 am | Permalink

Just ordered Eddard Stark off Ebay, and placed a bid on Dany. These look amazing! Love all these new GoT figures we’re getting. The Funko POP figures were cool, but I want legit figures that actually look like the characters, and these and the Dark Horse figures are getting the job done!

29. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 10:39 am | Permalink

Veltigar,

I would totally buy that and play act that he is beaten up by my Jason Isaacs He-Man doll

30. Veltigar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Rygar:
    Veltigar,

“Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Mads Mikkelsen as Euron”

31. Hodorlorean
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 11:21 am | Permalink

These look awful. Nearly as bad as the game they quickly brought out. But that at least had an interesting story.

32. House_Tully
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

SkinnyPete,

Other than Tyrion, the rest of the figures were pictured together in their boxes in a post here 3 days ago. Dany is shorter than the Ned figure next to her, but the White Walker does appear to be around the same size as the Hound.

Also, thanks for telling us when we are allowed to discuss details.

33. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Am I the only one who thinks the white walker looks like Jimmy Saville crossed with an elephant’s ballsack? :

But I suppose that’s how it looks on the show too.

34. Strider
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Veltigar: That’s all part of Mads-as-Euron’s-masterplan :p You can’t beat the crow’s eye :p

35. Veltigar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Strider: You go, Veltigar! Your Mad’s Tristan doll would totally beat the living daylights out of Rygar’s Col. Tavington doll.

Hah, that would be a fun fight XD Great nostalgia fests to, I loved those movies as a child :D

Mads Mikkelsen as Euron I presume?

36. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Strider,

Mads is like 80lbs wet. No contest.

37. Strider
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

If weight is the decisive factor you bring to the discussion in a duel… Jaime would kicked Ned’s ass to kingdom come! Wait. I’ve mixed up the fights.

Mads’ Tristan is leaner, faster and better skilled than your Isaac Brit Col. Sorry Rygar. Veltigar got it right.

Veltigar: The Dane would be perfect for Euron. But he’s not British! Bad luck there ;)

38. Rygar
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Strider,

We are talking about playing with dolls right?

39. Strider
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

@ Rygar: HAHA Not anymore! Bringing weight into it effectively ended it for me. Don’t I look ridiculous now?! (Don’t answer that!)

40. tysnow
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

WTF, there height ratio should be more realistic, the Hound needs to be 7.5″, Jon 6.5″ and Tyrion, 5.25″, the WW probably 7″. If I’m going to pay $20 for a “Collectible” I expect it to fairly portray an accurate scale down representation of the characters.
    Look at them side by side, I laughed when I noticed the Hound was the same height as Ned and Jon, he should be a head taller (min) over them.

41. tysnow
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Now compare FUNKO’s $#%&ed up scale ratio to Gaurdians of the Galaxy figures which are more accurately representative of their characters.

I definitely will not be purchasing the Hound if the height isn’t modified in future editions. Neither will I buy The Mountain for same reason. If Arya is same ht. as others I will forgo buying her too.

42. Put Ned to Bed
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Here’s hoping the next series includes a Shadow Baby Birth Action Playset.

43. Lman
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I just bought all of these yesterday. As a warning to my fellow collectors, the plastic holding the joints can be stiff and brittle. The left arm on my Hound figure broke immediately and the rubber on his belt connecting the sword sheath ripped off. The torso on my Dany came off right out of the package. I was fine with paying $20 a figure, but after these incidents I feel ripped off. After waiting years for figures based on the TV show, I’m upset that there are some serious quality control issues.

44. L-man
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

tysnow,

I bought these yesterday. The heights represented in the photo are not accurate. Ned and Jon are 6″ and up to the Hound’s shoulders. The Hound is the tallest just under 7″. The White Walker is almost as tall as the Hound.

45. L-man
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Dorian,

They’re to scale. See my earlier post.

46. Len
    Posted February 17, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

If you’re a loser then I’m a loser

1. […] week Funko officially launched their line of Game of Thrones Legacy Collection action figures, and today at the American […]

2. […] week Funko officially launched their line of Game of Thrones Legacy Collection action figures, and today at the American […]

3. […] série se distingue également par son budget de 50 millions d’euros par saison, ses produits dérivés ou son héroïne aux faux airs d’Emmanuelle Béart période pré-chirurgie, élue la femme […]