Season 3 bonus feature: Daenerys and taking Yunkai
By Ours is the Fury on in Filming, Merchandise.

When it rains, it pours! IGN has shared a clip from the Game of Thrones season 3 Blu-ray, featuring Emilia Clarke, Iain Glen, Gemma Jackson and more discussing Daenerys’s camp outside Yunkai, and the scene where they plot to take the city. Enjoy!

1. Rygar
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Yunky Dory

2. Veltigar
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Always nice to get some news from across the Narrow Sea.

Butch Cassidy: You didn’t see Euron-as-played-by-Mads-Mikkelsen out there, did you?
    Sundance Kid: Mads? No.
    Butch Cassidy: Oh, good. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.

3. Darkstar
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Goodbye Daario 1.0! Won’t miss you at all!

Bring on Michiel Huisman.

4. Greenjones
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 10:33 pm | Permalink
  5. WompWomp
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Darkstar,

Aw, don’t be shitty. :/

6. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted February 14, 2014 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoyMvE5g7f8 <—— Grey Worm (aka Raleigh Ritchie) — Whaaaat?!

My new working theory is that old Daario and Grey Worm had a rap battle.

7. loco73
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 3:28 am | Permalink

Uhhhh the clock is up…nice! Was missing it!

As for Ed Skrein as Daario, I had not problem with him, I liked him. Since it would have been ill advised to translate Daario’s book looks to the TV series, I think that Skrein’s portrayal of Daario with his swagger and douchiness made up for that.

I never understood the problem people had with Skrein and his take on Daario. Of course it is all a matter of personal preference. Yet, Daario is not a particularly likeable character in the novels, he resembles a preening peacock…you know a horny Justin Bieber with muscles, weapons and the skills to use them all..but not much else….hardly an endearing person. Skrein managed to create a flesh and blood character out of what is basically a fancy caricature, and imbue him with a more personable presence rather than a purely irksome, antagonistic, one-dimensional, walking cliche and on-screen douchebag…

I don’t cast any aspersions on Michael Huisman, but we have yet to see him in action. I am sure that Nina Gold and Robert Sterne saw in him that which escapes the rest of us until we actually see the actors performing in their respective roles. And that is good enough for me!

Re-casts happen all the time in movies, series etc. that the nature of showbusiness. Yet GoT has to take some care when doing all these change, lest this starts affecting the overall cohesion of the show, with certain actors just dissapearing, being re-cast etc. The Mountain, the Greatjon and now Daario, have been just some of the characters that underwent some “significant changes” let’s say.

Even with his short stint on “Game Of Thrones”, Ed Skrein, I think, did a good job. I want to thank him for his work and wish him well.

PS Bring back Gemma Jackson!

8. Hodor's Odor
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 6:00 am | Permalink

yeah , i really liked Ed Skrein and his badass charisma with his longhair , i just hope the new daario will be also awesome ;)

9. Veltigar
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 6:53 am | Permalink

Greenjones:
    Another DVD/bluray feature. The best one yet!!!

Michael McElhatton and Charles Dance are brilliant XD

Still, it’s surprising how many people were shocked by this. I mean in the books you see it coming from a mile off. Never understood why people would throw away their copies (I believe someone shared his story on this site and said he had thrown his copy in a gorge at Mount Sinaï) after reading the RW. It just made me want to read more.

George Smiley: We’re not so different, you and I. We’ve both spent our lives looking for the weakness in one another’s systems. Don’t you think it’s time to recognizethat besides casting Mads Mikkelsen as Euron there is as little worth on your side as there is on mine?

10. Veltigar
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 6:57 am | Permalink

Hodor’s Odor:

I wanted to punch Skrein in the face everytime I saw him on GoT. Usually, not a very good sign but when you’re playing Daario that’s the reaction you need to conjure up in people. So, well done Skrein.

Control: All I want from you is one codename: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier…
    George Smiley: …Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.

11. BlackKnight69
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 8:35 am | Permalink

What do you guys think about this new Game of Thrones based social mmo :o? imo it looks good http://www.bubblews.com/news/2068967-new-social-mmorpg-based-on-famous-game-of-thrones-series-l-2014-game-review

12. HodorShellShock
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 8:51 am | Permalink

BlackKnight69,
    The game looks good plus i like the soundtrack :)

13. Ragman's Harbor
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 11:42 am | Permalink

BlackKnight69:

That game’s been out for almost 2 years. It’s okay, I really liked the beginning like season 1 but then it becomes mundane because it’s always the same. They should tell their own story not copy exactly what’s happening in season 2 and 3.

14. Zeus
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Emilia Clark is as arrogant and insufferable as the character she plays.

15. Lord Davos
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Zeus,

She barely said a thing and people are dicks.

16. The North Remembers
    Posted February 16, 2014 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I thought it was really interesting that they have her in blue because it’s the Dothraki color. I had always wondered about that (why not red/black?), and now it makes perfect sense. I wouldn’t have it any other way.