Rose Leslie talks Game of Thrones in CNet video interview
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

Rose Leslie was recently in Australia to promote the Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD release, and sat down with CNet Australia to talk all things Game of Thrones.

Rose discusses her progress in reading the A Song of Ice and Fire book series, and the difficulty of portraying an already existing character on screen. She also discusses why Ygritte has become popular among the Thrones fan base, but admits that she tries to stay away from googling herself. She has loved filming and spending time in Iceland, but finds it hard at times to keep a straight face on set while acting to a tennis ball on a pogo stick.

Great interview, thanks to Abyss for the tip!

1. Rygar
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Annara Snow!

2. Tomato Knight
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Hodor

3. Strider
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Lannister!

Since we all yell ASoIaF names.. I thought I might join in the fun.

4. Satin
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Rhaegal!

…because the other two dragons need love, too.

5. Ser Lucas Tyrell
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

Lucas Tyrell!

It just got stupid.

6. Dammit Patrice
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Pikachu

7. Dammit Patrice
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Her voice is like audible nutella.

8. Arkash
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Trystane Martell !

9. IainGlen4everwoo!
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Wow Rose has such a nice smile. I wish I could meet her to tell her that in person.

10. ikriti
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

plus points to rose for reading the goddamn books, high five!

11. Omar Brown
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

She’s lovely!

12. UnbowedUnbentUnhodor
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Great interview

13. Dickon Manwoody
    Posted February 21, 2014 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

Her curtain call this year is gonna be a tough one. :(

14. obsidian
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 1:02 am | Permalink

points for alabaster skin

15. KG
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 1:04 am | Permalink

Hyle Hunt.

16. Mursk
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 2:38 am | Permalink

Michelle Fairley, Rose Leslie, and Lena Headey should just do a three woman show together where they tell stories and crack each other up laughing. They have too much fun.

17. Rabid Grunt
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 2:46 am | Permalink

Lannister soldier #463

18. Lollius Palicanus
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 3:10 am | Permalink

OMG she’s waiting for book six this obviously means it will be released next week!

19. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 3:19 am | Permalink

Lollius Palicanus,

Dude! Super stoked! Faith restored in the GRRMpkins!

20. Samantha
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 3:44 am | Permalink

Sorry but she’s very boring. She has a pretty face though.

21. Annara Snow
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 5:17 am | Permalink

Worst. Comment Thread. Ever.

22. dragonreborn
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 5:37 am | Permalink

I miss Ros :(

23. Hollyoak
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 5:51 am | Permalink

She was great on Downton Abbey, as was another Thrones actor, Ian Glen (Jorah).

24. Rygar
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 8:46 am | Permalink

Shar the loowd.

25. Strider
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Hollyoak,
    She looked so very young as the maid in Downton Abby, with that spartan uniform. I liked her there and I love her Ygritte.

Rygar,
    We don’t wanna. It’s ours. Our precious.

26. Veltigar
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Damn, I’m sad that there hasn’t been an other interview/feature released today. Are the 7 lean years about to start again? :'(

I will survive! I will keep myself hardy untill the casting of Mads Mikkelsen as Euron is opportune

27. Hollyoak
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Strider:
    Hollyoak,

Rygar,
    We don’t wanna. It’s ours. Our precious.

I saw the dude who plays Barristan Selmy, sorry, can’t remember his name, in an Irish show on Hulu called Single-Handed. He plays the complete anthesis of the honorable Selmy. He is one evil bastard!

28. arden
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

U gonna spam about your lover Mads every post dude?

It gets old REALLY fast

29. Veltigar
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

arden:
    Veltigar,

U gonna spam about your lover Mads every post dude?

I’m sorry that you can’t appreciate brilliant acting ;-) Still, I’ll keep going as long as I have inspiration :p Next time just skip the quoted part of my posts :p That will keep the butthurt in check :D

Casting Mads Mikkelsen as Euron? Frankly my dear I do give a damn

30. Sid
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

good enough for a poke

31. ninabonita4
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Mursk,

I second that notion!

32. The North Remembers
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Lovely gal/actress/character/voice.

Was that a down-tempo cover of the X-Files theme playing in the background? How strange.

33. Bob
    Posted February 22, 2014 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

That’s cool that she is going to be on the second season of Utopia. I just finished the first season a couple weeks a go and it’s a really fun little series.

34. Josh
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

She’s okay to google herself, given that the biggest complaint about her is the very popular Game of Thrones complaint, “She’s too pretty!”…which obviously stopped after she came on, not because she stopped being pretty(:P) but because she was awesome in the role.

35. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Bob,

Good to see another fan of Utopia here. Let’s hope HBO and David Fincher will do the US remake justice.

Geraldine James for Barbrey Dustin

36. Blind Beth
    Posted February 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

I’m giving her lots of nerd points for differentiating “at the Wall” / “beyond the wall.” Often when interviewers make small gaffes the interviewee lets it go, but not the ever-knowlegable Ygritte. :-P

37. download Google
    Posted February 25, 2014 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Hi to every one, for the reason that I am genuinely eager of reading this web site’s post
    to be updated daily. It includes fastidious stuff.

1. […] If you missed Rose’s interview with CNet Australia you can check it out here. […]