‘The Rains of Castamere’ wins at Cinema Audio Society Awards
By Lightbringer on in Awards.

Last night, the Cinema Audio Society announced the winners of their 50th Annual Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing. Game of Thrones took home an award for ‘The Rains of Castamere’ in the 1 Hour Television Series category.

The Thrones mixing team of Ronan Hill, Richard Dyer, Onnalee Blank, Mathew Waters, Brett Voss beat out Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Homeland, and The Walking Dead for the top honour. Thrones was in good company, with Gravity, Frozen, and Modern Family taking home the other top awards of the night.

Congratulations to the team!

1. King of the Ashes

Bill Murray

6. GerB40
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Stevie Nicks

7. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Come on, won’t somebody give Kissed by Fire an award already!?!?

In something other than make-up. Nikolaj has been robbed repeatedly after the bathtub scene.

8. Whatdoesthehodorsay
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Id like to hear your opinion on this new GOT social mmo that i’ve found lately =]

9. Blackpie
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Whatdoesthehodorsay, Im playing this game for a while now mayby for 2 weeks or so and it’s ok :P

10. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Lightbringer, do you use the Weirnet? How do you find all this information?

11. Hollyoak
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Speaking of the Rains of Castamere, every time I pop in my new season three BluRay, I have to listen to the damn Lannister song! It’s the soundtrack on the main menu.

Damn Lannisters.

F the Lannisters.

(I want that on a shirt.)

12. Carlos
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Hollyoak,

It’s funny, the first time I watched it I expected epic music from the score to start playing when the menu came up (Like the last two seasons) and I was looking forward to seeing what part of the score they chose. Then Rains of Castamere starts playing, a shiver went down my spine and I was just like ” Damn, I should of seen that coming.”

13. cosca
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Sorry if anyone’s already brought this up, but:

Apparently Dinklage is in talks for a sic-fi new series for HBO. Of particular note is this:

“The intention would be to shoot the one-hour series in 2016 after Dinklage finishes Game of Thrones.”

This would seem to support the 7 seasons hypothesis. Unless he dies in tWoW.

14. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

cosca,

Nah. I think they mean after Dinklage finishes the year’s work of GoT, not GoT in general. As in, when Dinklage is done filming season 6.

15. Hollyoak
    Posted February 23, 2014 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Carlos:
    Hollyoak,

lol, Carlos. We take this stuff seriously, don’t we?!