GoT Laughs: I love it to bits/death
By Hear Me Roar on in Humor.

Enjoy a selection of best death scenes from all three seasons to date turned into 8-bit style gif animations, courtesy of Antonia Heslop and BuzzFeed :) Let us start the same way as the series – with the prologue. Follow the link for the remaining unlucky 13.

Hear Me Roar:  I love the humorous and slightly absurd effect, there is no way you can take 8-bit violence seriously. Which is your favourite one? Sound off in the comments.

1. Ross
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Dr whodor

2. Veltigar
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Nice to see another GoT Laughs :D This show has inspired quite a good deal of very funny people :D

Rorschach: [reading from journal] Rorschach’s Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout “Cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron!”… and I’ll whisper “Yes.”

3. dragonreborn
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Ser Rodrik’s beheading of course!

4. Arkash
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

Veltigar, I so love all your campaign for Mads as Euron and totally support it ! =D

Ser Rodrick’s beheading is indeed excellent !

5. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

dragonreborn,

That one was funny before the 8-bit

6. Tar Kidho
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

I actually feel like a traitor now, but yes, Rodriks beheading was hilarious in 8-bit. I’m missing Yoren though!

7. James
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

I like it, but #10 isn’t a ‘death’ really, is it?

8. spacechampion
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Did anybody else think the flag with seven-pointed star of the Seven in #2 looks a lot like the flag of Greendale from Community?

9. House Mormont
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

The white walker shattering looks so cool in 8bit

10. Jason Isaacs
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Arkash,

I support it too! So much in fact that I want Mads to play me in my upcoming biopic!

11. Gunar
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

this is offtopic, but since this is the newest topic, i thought to post it here

there is an interview with Sibel Kekilli (Shae) at spiegel.de , one of the biggest german newswebsites.

there is atleast 1 mistake (they say she is the only german cast member of GoT, but Tom Wlaschiha is german too)

but there are some fun quotes.

like she never watched she series and asked on set “whos that young guy who plays the villan —- ahm…. thats the king”

12. Roopert
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

I like Sam killing the white walker – complete with dropping the dagger.

13. ATG
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Maybe Im just a sucker for 8-bit things, but these are absolutely brilliant aren’t they :D

14. Winterdark
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I stringly disagree with this sentence: “there is no way you can take 8-bit violence seriously”. I once played an 8 bit videogame where a major character death had me shouting at the screen. If something is written well enough it doesn’t matter what the visuals look like.

But yes these are brillaint.

15. Turri
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

German interview with Sibel Kekilli:

Highlight:
    >You never actually watched “Game of Thrones”?
    >Not for two years. Then we had a huge scene, at court in King’s Landing, and I asked: who is this lad playing the evil guy? And they said to me: it’s the King, Sibel. Totally embarrassing. And I thought to myself: now you have to start watching it.

16. Udi
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Very funny but why does it state ‘Viserys commiting suicide’?

Posted February 28, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Winterdark,

I hear you. Not so accurate of a statement. I meant in isolation, if used in a narrative, then of course the effect depends on it.

18. Winterdark
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Veltigar,

I totally agree. Mads Mikkelsen would make a great Euron. Though I;m not really sure if they would cast such a big name in such a small role. But yes Mads Mikkelsen would the best choice for Euron. No doubt. I think a good alternative option would be Christopher Eccleston. Allthough he’s also kind of a big name these days.

But the one we really should be worrying about is of course Victarion who has a much bigger part in the story than Euron. My dream casting for Victarion is Richard Armitage but I think that’ll be tricky considering his massive fame currently. So…alternative options. I think Matthew McFadyen would also make a good Victarion. He usually plays the just and noble hero but anyone who’s seen Spooks knows he’s also very cappable of the darker stuff. Other than that? I don’t know. Rufus Sewell would be great as Victarion but he too is a really big name and Victarion is a realtively small role.

Hear Me Roar,

Yeah I agree with that.

19. Tar Kidho
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 5:06 am | Permalink

Winterdark,

Mads Mikkelsen…Christopher Eccleston…Richard Armitage…Matthew McFadyen…Rufus Sewell… Kinda funny that five years on, it’s still the same old names that are mentioned time and time again for ever-changing characters ;-) I’m not saying I think your list is wrong, but history has shown us that Nina Gold finds talent in people we didn’t see it in, instead of plumping for obvious, well-established names. That said, rather than Mads Mikkelsen, I would be happier to see his brother Lars Mikkelsen cast as one of the Greyjoys.

20. Annara Snow
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Since GoT winning a Satellite award for Best Series – Genre was not deemed newsworthy by Winteriscoming.net, I’m guessing that this isn’t either, but anyway, if anyone cares, GoT got five Saturn award nominations (they were announced a few days ago):

Best Television Presentation of a Limited Run Series
    Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series – Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series – Gwendoline Christie, Michelle Fairley
    Best Performance by a Younger Actor in a Television Series – Jack Gleeson

21. Annara Snow
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 10:10 am | Permalink

A link to the Saturn award website with full list of nominations: http://www.saturnawards.org/nominations.html

22. gisizzlah
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Probably the greatest GOT related spoof for the year… LOL…

23. Winterdark
    Posted March 1, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

OMFG YES!!! I will never forget Troels Hartman. He was like the best politician character ever created! And yes I have seen both House of Cards series. Troels still beats Urquhart imo. Lars Mikkelsen would be amazing as Euron. Mads too but yes I’ll give a shout out to Lars Mikkelsen. He’s such a phenomenal actor.

As for Rufus Sewell: I always had him in mind for Victarion. Even when season 2 was still to air. Also he was in John Adams and guess who the casting director was for John Adams? So I think that’s actually a real possibility. It would certainly be a dream come true. When I first saw the Hobbit I though Richard Armitage would make a great Victarion but now that I think of it, reading the books I always imagined Victarion like Rufus Sewell with a beard.

So realistically speaking Rufus Sewell as Victarion? Yes definitely would want that. But maybe the role is too small for an actor of his stature. On the other hand he hasn’t had any major roles for several years and even before that he wasn’t too arrogant too take smaller roles as well.

Please cast Rufus Sewell as Victarion. Pleeease!!!!

24. TheBerylfly
    Posted March 2, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Those are mesmerising
    Also lol at Viserys suicide comment