The North Remembers: February 2011
By Hear Me Roar on in Editorial.

WiCnet Alternate LogoThat February three years ago felt a bit like the lull before the storm, and yet it brought many memorable and important moments. Today is a good day for reminiscence and supporting the bottom.

1. Rygar
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Winter!

I remember when Phil ran this site and it was actually a good site.

2. dizzy
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Rygar,

No you don’t

3. kdenn1020
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Too soon

4. Turncloak
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:01 am | Permalink

Rygar,

Phil’s biggest mistake was naming himself after the Stark homeland. His days were clearly numbered after that :-)

5. Premislaus
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:14 am | Permalink

I remember the Djawadi announcement. People were worried about composer change so close to the season and skeptical of his abilities. I guess that one was proven wrong?

6. OldeCrone
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:43 am | Permalink

As someone who came “late to the party” some of the “anti” comments, say about the composer surprise me. I’ll admit neither “Prison Break” nor “Flash Forward” were shows I liked particularly (though “Prison Break” was so daft it was funny – to me at least). I don’t remember their scores but I have liked the “Game of Thrones” music. But it’s easy for me to say he was a sound choice three years on.

7. Rygar
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:59 am | Permalink

dizzy,

You’re right. I remember.

Its not only Light they are Bringing now.

8. Tar Kidho
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Rygar: Winter!

Good call! And of course all “Hodors” can be interpreted as “Winters”…

The Maester’s Path was without a shadow of a doubt the best promo campaign I’ve ever known. Great days, those were, waiting every week for the new challenge.

9. Elena
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 11:44 am | Permalink

So, hey there. Haven’t commented in a while (like, a couple of years) because RL, but this seems like a good place to come back. I remember that Arya pic, and loving it.

Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Welcome back!

11. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

Premislaus:
    I remember the Djawadi announcement.People were worried about composer change so close to the season and skeptical of his abilities. I guess that one was proven wrong?

Disgruntled fans worried that every little decision is wrong and awful and going to doom the show? Who ever heard of such a thing?

It’s good fans aren’t like that now.

/s

12. Tar Kidho
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Elena,

I don’t know what RL stands for, but I do remember an Elena Amici(?). The North Remembers ;-)

13. dizzy
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Tar Kidho,

real life

Posted February 28, 2014 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Nostalgia out the yin-yang these past couple days. Ah, memories.

15. Tar Kidho
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

dizzy,

Oh right, I’m sure I’ve heard people mentioning that weird concept before…

Winter Is Coming,

Nice meeting you at this side of the fence! Would be cool if your step down means you’ll have more time to share your thoughts more often in small comments like us mere mortals. Anyway, no need to get all emotional, we’re all still here…

16. Patchy Face
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Feeling so nostalgic with Winter leaving and thinking of The Maester’s Path. Good times

17. Zack
    Posted February 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

The Maester’s Path!

What great fun that was!

It’s too bad we’re unlikely to have viral marketing like that again, because it was among the best campaigns I’ve been lucky enough to be a part of.

OldeCrone:
    As someone who came “late to the party”some of the “anti” comments, say about the composer surprise me. I’ll admit neither “Prison Break” nor “Flash Forward” wereshows I liked particularly (though “Prison Break” was so daft it was funny – to me at least).I don’t remember their scores but I have liked the “Game of Thrones” music.But it’s easy for me to say he was a sound choice threeyears on.

I can’t imagine the show without that iconic opening theme, and even beyond that to such pieces as ‘King of the North” and “Goodbye Brother.” And ‘The Rains of Castamere’ is such a perfect melody for those lyrics…we really lucked out, with Mr Djawadi.