Emilia Clarke talks Game of Thrones, covers Flare Magazine
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

Emilia Clarke is featured on the cover of the April 2014 issue of Canada’s Flare Magazine. Emilia is pretty in pastels in a new fashion spread, and talks Game of Thrones in a new interview. She teases Season 4, dishes on her audition, and reveals the scariest part of nude scenes.

ON THE NEW SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES: “The whole of season four is dark and really emotional. If you asked any of the actors about this season, they’d say, ‘Oh no, my character’s got the best arc.’”

ON HER VERY EMBARRASSING GAME OF THRONES AUDITION MOMENT: “I get there, and I’m all dressed up to the nines, wearing a nice outfit with heels. I walk into an auditorium that’s got 50 people from HBO. I’m nervous like you wouldn’t believe. I had a Diet Coke right before I walked in, so I was buzzing. I said hello to each of the 50 people individually and walked down the steps, then fell over walking down.”

ON THE ONE THING SCARIER THAN ALL THAT NUDITY: “The aftermath was the thing that was harder to deal with. Going in to do my first press junket, that’s a hell of a lot scarier than being naked up on TV!”

ON LANDING THE ROLE OF A LIFETIME: “After my last audition for Game of Thrones, they said, ‘Congratulations, princess.’ I was like, ‘Bye-bye, call centre.’”

ON HER NEW BLOCKBUSTER ROLE IN TERMINATOR: “This is the most physical transformation I’ve ever done. But I haven’t done anything before this—I’ve done Game of Thrones and that’s about it. With Dany, it’s all CGI dragons, so not much training is needed.”

For more from Emilia’s feature, the April 2014 issue is on Canadian newsstands now.

1. Hodor
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Hodor!

2. Ser Blount Sarkasm
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

Khaleesi!!!!!!!!

3. We do not Hodor
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

Dracarys!

4. NickTargaryen
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Emilia Clarke used to work at a call center?!

So technically, there’s a chance Daenerys Targaryen called my home once upon a time…

A man can dream.

5. Ser Lucas Tyrell
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

50 people. I stammer if I try to talk to the mirror.

EDIT: That 3rd pic…

6. Greenjones
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

She’s lovely as per usual but I hate photoshop, it makes people look like video game characters.

7. WompWomp
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 12:13 am | Permalink

“Oh my god. That isn’t the Khaleesi. Her hair is all wrong.”

8. King of the Ashes
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 12:18 am | Permalink

oh my GOD i just fell in love with Emilia… Again

9. Greenjones
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 12:18 am | Permalink

WompWomp,

Listen to the commentary for Mhysa (ep. 310) on the DVD. She tells that story and does the American accent of the girl that interrupted her and everything. I think her wording there was “That’s not the fucking Khaleesi, this girl’s got black hair.” Something like that.

10. facelessarya
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Sophie Turner just did an interview and shoot with Tatler UK for April and looks absolutely gorgeous. She talks about GoT and S4, I think. Idk when HQ scans come in, but lordy. Just a heads up guys!

11. We do not Hodor
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:01 am | Permalink

Yeah Emilia and Sophie seem to be in contest to see who can do the most fashion shoots this year. Every other day it seems that one of them has a new shoot.

12. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 3:30 am | Permalink

Researching season 1,and DAMN was the Tywin skinning scene perfect.

13. WildSeed
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 3:41 am | Permalink

Greenjones,

I remember that ( :

14. Ramah
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 4:30 am | Permalink

‘The Adorable Ms. Clarke’ looks as lovely as ever.

OT though, what’s with the front page now? It’s a mess. Little link bubbles everywhere… :s It is hard to even see where one news item ends and another begins because the titles disappear into them.

Is this just a transition phase? Or will it stay like this?

15. cosca
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 4:45 am | Permalink

Ramah,

what? It looks the same as before for me.

16. Abyss
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 5:56 am | Permalink

OT:
    In this interview Kit Harington calls season 4 “probably the most expensive series of TV ever made”. If that’s true, I’m even more excited.

17. lost northern
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Is it really necessary to see every single magazine cover she does ? Don’t get me wrong I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Emilia Clarke but you know what she’ll answer most of the time like all the other cast members.

18. cosca
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Abyss,

While I wouldn’t be surprised if this new season has a significant budget increase from previous seasons given what we’ve seen in the previews, I doubt Season 4 is more expensive than Rome ($110 million for Season 1), Friends ($180 million for the final season) or the Pacific ($200 million)

19. Abyss
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 7:29 am | Permalink

cosca,

What?! $180 million for Friends?! Geez, star power sure as hell isn’t cheap… But yeah, you’re right, Kit Harington was exaggerating there.

20. Yago
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 8:16 am | Permalink

wtf. Do people really dress like that nowadays?

21. WompWomp
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Yago,

Boy do I wish.

Greenjones:
    WompWomp,

Haha, yes. That was the inspiration for my comment. It was also a great commentary.

22. WompWomp
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Abyss,

Yeah, it’s shocking, but the earning potential is incredible for sitcoms when you’re a runaway hit. Friends also had an uncommonly large cast for the genre.

Just look at how much the Seinfeld and Big Bang Theory cast members make. Syndication is no joke.

23. azad injejikian
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 9:48 am | Permalink

Jeebus! They narrowed her down like crazy on that cover.

They do know she has hips over at Flare, no?

24. azad injejikian
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Abyss,

Well, friends was also 26 episodes a year. GoT is 10

25. Abyss
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 10:29 am | Permalink

azad injejikian,

I know, I know, but still. It’s not like Friends had very high production costs aside from the payments to the cast.

26. slayjoy
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Wow, they do way to much photoshop and editing on her. Her natural beauty is so much more amazing.. she looks like a CGI plastic doll in those pictures. Creepy.

27. Meraxes
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:00 am | Permalink

B Cog has a twitter account again!

28. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Meraxes,

Yep.

29. Clob
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:14 am | Permalink

azad injejikian: Jeebus! They narrowed her down like crazy on that cover.They do know she has hips over at Flare, no?

They may have done something, but, Emilia is actually slimmer than during first season shooting when she did all that nudity. There is a noticeable difference when watching the end of season one and then watching season two immediately after.

30. azad injejikian
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Clob,

I know, and she even says she’s in crazy shape for Terminator. Still looks unnecessarily fudged to me

31. Bui Huu Duyet
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Mother of Connor

32. loco73
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Khaleesi, I bow to you!

33. TheBerylfly
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Honestly I am with those who say those pictures look ridic

34. Patchy Face
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 11:52 am | Permalink

One month people – ONE MONTH (unless you are in Brooklyn)

35. House Mormont
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

cosca,

Rome cost $110m a season???? I never considered watching it because it’s BBC and any kind of period/medieval drama has shit ass production values over here, might just watch it after The Wire and Season 4

36. House Mormont
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Just found this quote looking for the budget of season 3

“Season 3 is probably the biggest in terms of the number of new characters, number of new stories overall,” Benioff explained. “The universe has expanded as much as it’s going to, and now it’s going to contract… As pieces start to get removed from the chessboard, we’ll have fewer on there. We’re nearly to the midpoint (of the story), and it’ll be interesting to see what’s going forward with the endgame.”

All of that makes it sound like we aren’t going to get all of Euron&Vic, Dorne and the Griffs next year

37. serum
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

House Mormont,

Not sure if you are aware or not but ROME was/is an HBO show. BBC may be showing it now but it was created by HBO. Its my second favorite show of all time right behind Thrones and you definitely need to watch it sooner than later! Also check out Deadwood if you haven’t already!

38. Patchy Face
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

serum,

House Mormont,

Yes – Rome was a great show, and cut off before its time. I believe that HBO took a few lessons home from that endeavor.
    Also, I thought nothing could compare with GoT for my all time favorite, but I can say that True Detective is really giving it a run for its money!

39. Balerion
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

The dragons will be so big they can swallow a horse or a cow or a mammoth, whole.

Wonder how that looks

40. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

Clearly Miltos doesn’t want anyone to forget those 3 episodes he had in season 1. Come on Flicks’, we want Conleth! We want Conleth!

41. Absalom Crane
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

azad injejikian,

Those FRIENDS episodes were each only about 22 minutes, for approximately 9 and half hours per season. THRONES is about 55 minutes per episode, which clocks just a little over the run time per season of FRIENDS.

And those cast members on FRIENDS were making ridiculous money per episode the last few seasons:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_did_the_cast_of_friends_make_per_episode” rel=”nofollow

42. Lord Davos
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Patchy Face,

Hopefully the finale will be smash, but I see no way they will wrap up Rust, Marty, Maggie, Papania and Gilbough, Martys daughter, lawnmover, yellow king, the crime itself and Carcosa in one episode.

43. Patchy Face
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Lord Davos,

I know – will be interesting to see how they resolve (or not) this sprawl – but love it anyway – what great acting!

44. Paul
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

She is sure knocking up a list of mag. covers lately, Flare,Instyle,Fr. Glamour,Vs and WSJ and been named the desirable bit as well! Now hard training all day and not eating anything tasting nice, could well have Joff for a manager.

45. Al Swearengen
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Schwing!

46. jentario
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Honestly though, natural Emilia is much more beautiful than megaapron-wearing, photoshopped Emilia. It’s a shame how much work is put into these pictures when the reality is much nicer than them…

47. MX