Fire and Blood Red Ale gets March 31 nationwide release date
By Lightbringer on in Merchandise.

Many months ago we were teased with the label design and official press release for Brewery Ommengang’s latest Game of Thrones inspired beer, Fire and Blood Red Ale. Today, via their official Instagram, we finally have a release date!

Fire and Blood Ale will be available at Brewery Ommegang at noon on Sunday, March 16, followed by a nationwide release on Monday, March 31, just in time to stock up for the April 6 Season 4 premiere. As reported earlier, it will be for sale in both draft size (sixth-barrels) and the familiar corked bottles (750ML), with a recommended retail price of $8.50 per bottle.

Fire and Blood Ale is the third installation in Brewery Ommengang’s Game of Thrones inspired beers, joining the ranks with their Iron Throne Blonde Ale, and Take the Black Stout.

1. serum
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Hodor! Thirsty! Can’t wait to try it!

2. Silver of Wyman
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Here’s to hoping we’ll get Baratheon Lemon Water in the future.

3. dragonreborn
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Have I ever complained about GoT beers not being available in my country?
    Good!
    I’m doing so again…

4. Easteros bunny
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Nationwide release? So that’s an American release?

C’mon dudes, people from all over the world visit this site, should be a bit more clear in your titles then “nationwide” which nation? America? England? France? Ireland? Australia?

5. Atomix
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

I wanted pretty much any of the other options a hundred times more.

6. Skipjack
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Easteros bunny,

Yep, it’s an upstate New York brewery making a limited edition, so nationwide is still going to be a bit of an exaggeration. Not USA only, but good luck finding it elsewhere and even in the USA.

Atomix,

Still have a few seasons left for the other choices.

7. Patchy Face
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Skipjack,

Have been lucky enough to find in local liquor stores out here in Wild West though sometimes employees were hiding the stash in the back. These look particularly awesome so need all three designs.

8. King DBC
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Apparently that’s not all that’s getting a release date.
    Hope it’s not just someone fucking with our fragile hearts!

9. Lord Davos
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

King DBC,

Dont feed the trolls.

10. Rygar
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Said it before but they need a Jaqen L’ager lager.

11. Ross
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Rygar:
    Said it before but they need a Jaqen L’ager lager.

Or Biter bitter?

12. Tori Targaryen
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Sorry, this is totally off topic and I wasn’t sure where to post this but I came across an interview from 2012 with Alfie Allen which potentially reveals a major spoiler concerning Jon Snow, those who know the books know what I’m referring to. Anyway, don’t read on if you don’t want to know, I’ll put the quote up in question and provide the link.

“Did having a big sister ever help you with the sibling scenes? Minus the incest, of course.

[Laughs.] I guess, because we nitpick at each other, but it’s not cool, completely not cool what Theon does to his sister. It’s horrible. It shows you what kind of person Theon is, so there’s a reason why it’s in there. But you know, they didn’t know I had a big sister when they cast me for this. They had no clue. They didn’t know who I was. Although George R.R. Martin, when I spoke to him, he asked me about my sister. He became a fan of hers during the auditions.

What did you ask him about in return?

You know, I asked him about who Jon Snow’s real parents were, and he told me. I can’t say who, but I can tell you that it involves a bit of a Luke Skywalker situation. It will all come to fruition eventually. The whole thing with all the fight over proper succession is partly inspired by the War of the Roses in the late 1400s, and back then, to ensure pedigree, the monarchies were kind of inbred. It’s definitely fucked up, but it definitely happened back then, so that’s why there’s incest with the Targaryen line. It’s toned down, though.”

That last part pretty much confirms what we already suspect concerning R+L=J, doesn’t it? The comparison with Luke Skywalker is a dead giveaway.

Here’s the link: http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/game-of-thrones-theon-alfie-allen-interview.html

13. Dante Snow
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,
    Wow, that’s very interesting. If this is true then, it’s as good as confirmed. Though I don’t want to hope too much. Don’t want to find out he was kidding or something lol.

14. Tori Targaryen
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

Dante Snow,

Well I was more baffled at the idea GRRM would actually tell him something like that, was just odd, but if it did happen that way…. Well, major spoiler lol Though one we already kind of know

15. zaprowsdower
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

I read that when it came out and was surprised as I thought GRRM didn’t tell anyone who Jon’s parents were aside from D&D. And surprised that he would give such a clue!

16. Zeus
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Definitely boycotting this beer. Fuck those silver haired shits

17. zaprowsdower
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

And I’m excited for this. Take the Black has been the best one so far but I love red ales.

18. StarTripping
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

For those in the Los Angeles area, Blue Palms Brewhouse will be having another release party for this one on March 30th. Can’t wait!

19. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

I forget where I read it.. on one of the forums dedicated to the books I imagine… I don’t remember all the details but the books basically confirm it as well. One of the parts is in A Storm of Swords when Jaime is reading the White Book or w/e the book is that describes the deeds of the members of the kingsguard. There’s a passage that states that at least one member of the kingsguard must be with the king at all times.
    The other and more important part is in A Game of Thrones when Ned is in the dark cells and is dreaming about when he went to the Tower of Joy to rescue Lyanna. Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, is there and Ned gives him the opportunity to leave but he refuses to do so so Ned has to kill him. Dayne was a member of the KG. Now remember that the Tower of Joy took place after the death of King Aerys and the sack of King’s Landing where Rhaegar’s heirs were killed. Rhaegar himself had also recently been killed by Robert at the Trident. Therefore with the King and all his (known) heirs dead there is no reason for Dayne to prevent Ned from simply entering the tower to retrieve his sister. Unless the heir was inside.hehe
    As I said there are probably other details about it I’m forgetting like why the other surviving members of the KG couldn’t possibly be in a situation to protect an heir but when I read it all nicely put together I was pretty blown away at the guy’s ability to connect various seemingly unimportant pieces of the books and tie them all together so well.

20. Hexonx
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

That is very interesting.

But I wonder why he goes on to talk about incest in the same answer. Surely he does not think N+L=J, lol.

I must add that he is really in tune with his character.

21. RhymesWithWeak
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

Funny…every time I hit up the liquor store…once or twice a week…I look for the Ommegang beers…they were supposed to come to Canada both times and eventually they did.

The Blonde was perhaps six months after it’s original release date…the black stout I just got last week…both times there were only like four in total in the store. Both times I bought 2…one to drink and one to keep.

Waterloo, ON LCBO – Which means it can happen to you!

As for the hijacked thread…Luke, I am your mother! Seriously, it would actually be cool if one parent wasn’t who we thought and was somehow still alive and they could have that moment….but I’m sure they’re all dead. Maybe RB and not RT could be the father…he’s part Targ too, right? We sullied need an Oh, snap! moment.

22. KG
    Posted March 7, 2014 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

If it’s any comfort, eBay vultures buy out the entire stock in minutes and normal people never get to buy any of it, either.

Those photos are as close as most of us are going to get to that beer.

dragonreborn:
    Have I ever complained about GoT beers not being available in my country?
    Good!
    I’m doing so again…

23. huge_floppys
    Posted March 8, 2014 at 6:22 am | Permalink

1st off, the store in my ******* town charge 20 bucks a bottle for these beers. And im sure its like that everywhere so thats why Ommegang made a point of stating the recommended sale price for the beer..good for them to at least try stopping the price gouging.

2nd

I think most people who read the books, especially the 1st one, already came to the conclusion early on that Jons parents were L+R from when she was captured by him. At least that was the assumption with all of the people i talked with who read these books. Im surprised that this is still even considered a secret or theory

24. Jaqenmemate
    Posted March 8, 2014 at 11:05 am | Permalink

I can’t wait until they try to sell me “Reek’s ShitWater” .

25. Rickard Greyjoy
    Posted March 8, 2014 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Jaqenmemate,

Lmao.

26. Dante Snow
    Posted March 8, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

huge_floppys,
    There was always high evidence, yet. But still I always thought that we could get surprised by GRRM, because often I thought it was too obvious. So obvious that it had to be fake. So seeing another sign that pretty much confirms it is always welcome.

27. House de Laguna
    Posted March 9, 2014 at 3:16 am | Permalink

huge_floppys,

Thank most I’ve paid was 12 and that was because I was a sucker with the first beer. I only paid the 8.50 + tax per bottle for the 2nd beer. Check a lot of places, that’s a crime that you pay 20 per bottle.

Posted March 9, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Finally started finding some of this beer in my neck of the woods. The “Take The Black” Stout. Quite delicious, and it has my personal favourite of all the labels so far (a weirwood tree).

29. Zaprowsdower
    Posted March 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

KG,

They made more Take The Black than they did the blonde ale and I found it pretty easily around Boston. I can only imagine they’ll increase the amount again due to the popularity.

30. Joh
    Posted March 10, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Back to the topic of beer, did you guys see the Ommegang bottle opener on the WiC tumbler?

It is a chequy lion! I wonder if that is a nod to House Osgrey of the Dunk & Egg stories…