Game of Owns: Trailer Titans
By Lightbringer on in Podcast.

Episode 203 – Trailer Titans

iTunes | Download | RSS

Game of Owns takes a look at Tuesday night’s special “The Politics of Power” and HBO’s third trailer for this upcoming Game of Thrones season.

Discussion Topics

Posted March 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Valyrian Plastic:
    Hodorcalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Heretic!

3. Renly's Peach
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

I just finished listening to your last podcast and as soon as I was about to leave, you post this. It’s like you don’t want me to get up.

4. king tyrion
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 7:48 pm | Permalink
  5. Greenjones
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

NAPOLEON IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE?

6. Renly's Peach
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

Oh leave him be. He has no idea what he’s saying 80% of the time.

7. wizardeyes
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

Haha I was literally going to post the same thing.

8. Greenjones
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

wizardeyes,

NAPOLEON! GoT misconceptions are fine…well fine enough. BUT NAPOLEON!

9. John M W
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Listening now…can’t really sympathize with Micah being upset about the ‘Look Back’. Lest we forget, we had a very lengthy ‘Look Forward’ a few weeks ago – with LOTS of footage from the new season.

10. Dolorous Ned
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

I’ve defended Eric in Thema past, but as a history student… NAPOLEON ON TRAFALGAR SQUARE?

And no mention of the Coloss of Rhodos

11. Onion Knight
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

John M W:

HBO has released these looking back on the previous season videos three years in a row now, they aren’t sneaking anything by anyone. The video itself is fine for what it is: a recap for casual viewers.

12. Greenjones
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned,

I believe its Henry Havelock there. Though I don’t know that offhand (I’m only taking one history course) that’s not even the point. The British are as likely to erect a statue of Hitler as they are Napoleon.

That aside, I enjoyed the boys commentary. Except for a certain someone guessing that Dany might make Westeros democratic of course.

13. No One
    Posted March 13, 2014 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Dolorous Ned,

The shocking lack of knowledge about the Colossus of Rhodes really bugged me too.

Also, the only Napoleon statue in England is the 11 foot tall nude statue of him by Canova that the Duke of Wellington took back to England because he knew Napoleon was embarrassed by it.

14. A wolf named Dire
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 1:39 am | Permalink

Zack I think you have a bit of an idealized vision of Dany. Even if she were somehow able to make all of Westeros surrender with no blood shed, she still would serve as a monarch/dictator it isn’t like she is going to install a parliament and start up elections. That being said I guess your views are understandable since you are unsullied , it will be interesting to see how your vision of her changes when Dance material starts to make its way to the screen, looking forward to it.

15. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 5:46 am | Permalink

‘Finally got the chance to listen (being early morning over here); another great show. Looking forward to your review of The Sworn Sword!

16. Annara Snow
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 10:56 am | Permalink

“Ramsey’s girl” refers to the shot of Myranda with a bow.

When are you guys going to start rewiewing The Sworn Sword?

17. gisizzlah
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

i know a lot of ppl were bitching about this segment… but all the areas that were highlighted were to remind ppl of the areas that will lead to the big moments this season….

a few of my unsullied friends who watch and enjoy the show but not as into it as some of us… really enjoyed the look back as a reminder of the big plot points..

18. Ser Cyrus
    Posted March 14, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Zack’s reference to Baldur’s Gate made me so extremely happy…to this day that is still my favorite RPG series.

19. Mariya Martell
    Posted March 15, 2014 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Greenjones:
    Dolorous Ned,

It’s Admiral Nelson.

And I too am surprised that the connection to the Colossus of Rhodes was not made in the podcast.

20. Molly
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Not up on iTunes yet, is there a reason for that?