Michiel Huisman says confusion over a new Daario Naharis in Season 4 is “not a concern”
By Lightbringer on in Interview.

When it was announced that Darrio Naharis, the latest addition to Daenerys Targaryen’s band of allies, had been recast for Season 4, it may have seemed a cause for concern. Even more so when the first images from the upcoming season were released, and Daario’s appearance was quite different. But in a new interview with Zap2It, Michiel Huisman assures viewers that there won’t be any confusion.

Michiel’s introduction as Daario 2.0 is clear from the very first episode, and he’s done his homework to make sure he gets it right. Although he didn’t have time to read the books, with filming scheduled just 2 months after he was cast, he binge watched the first 3 seasons and added to his understanding by researching storylines on the web. Michiel reveals that Daario will continue to challenge Daenerys, and teases us on how their relationship will evolve in Season 4.

Were you and David and Dan ever concerned that viewers might not realize that this is the same character as Daario in Season 3?
Um, no, because … I don’t know. I think it’s just very cleverly written and very clear from the very first episode that I’m Daario. I think that’s not a concern.

The character of Daario looks very different in the books with his blue hair and gold-tipped mustachios. Since you guys were sort of starting over from what Ed did in Season 3, was there any discussion of having your Daario look more flamboyant?
No, there were never any discussions of that sort. I think, obviously, the show follows the books, but it’s not the books. It’s the show. So no, it was very clear that there was no way, I think. Daario in the books even has a blue beard — no. That character’s translated to the TV show. And I don’t think they ever considered a blue beard, just because he can be described in the book and you can have the image of the character and that’s one thing, but then when you see on a TV show this brutal guy [laughs], this tough guy with a blue beard, it might not work. You know what I mean?

What was your relationship with “Game of Thrones” before you came on the show?
I had watched a lot, but there were a few gaps. After I got cast, I started with a clean slate. I started watching it again; I binged [the first three seasons] in like a week just to really get a good understanding of the storylines and the world that “Game of Thrones” is.

How in this season does Daario challenge Daenerys’ existing relationships with the men in her life — Jorah, Barristan and Grey Worm?
Daario is a very direct character, and doesn’t necessarily tread lightly where other characters might be a little more politically correct when dealing with their leader. That’s a little challenging for Dany.

In the books, Daenerys’ thoughts on Daario are very obvious because we get her perspective. Since we won’t get that in the show, can you tease how their relationship evolves?
[Pauses] I think that’s one of the things that will be exciting to see where it goes to. By the end of last season, we know that there’s tension and that’s it. I don’t really what to say about it without giving anything away. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens there.

For more from Michiel’s interview visit Zap2It.Com

1. Winter
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Daario is a Faceless Man confirmed?

2. Rhaegar
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

HODOR!

3. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Apparently there is a feature on Verizon on Demand called “Bastards” that has new clips of Roose and Ramsay. Could anyone confirm that? According to the guy on AFOIAF its seven minutes long.

4. GeekFurious
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Winter:
    Daario is a Faceless Man confirmed?

Well, that WOULD explain it for the audience very quickly.

5. Satin
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Winter,

He’ll step out of a barber’s tent, and Dany will say: “Daario, the new beard and the shorter hair make your face look completely different!” And Daario will smirk in return and say: “As long as the Second Sons still recognize their one remaining captain!”

6. wizardeyes
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

Where? I need this

7. Easteros bunny
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

I hear he wears a name tag that says “daario” when we first see him in season 4.

Oh well, if his character was actually inportant they wouldn’t of replaced him.

8. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Yeah I could deal with Darrio being faceless… but it would skew the outlook casual viewers would have on faceles men down the road. Faceless men are skilled subtle assassins while Darrio is you know a mercenary who isn’t subtle about anything. Any thoughts on how they coould do this scenario best?

9. Josh
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Winter,

I agree that about the only way for it be cleverly written as he says is this to be the case.

10. KG
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Like I said before, it will take a quarter of one short scene to address it:

Dany: “Where’s Daario? Someone find Daario.”

Grey Worm, several minutes later: “Daario is here.”

Daario enters.

Everyone: “HI, DAARIO!”

11. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi:

Not all faceless men have to be the same, personality wise?

12. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

wizardeyes,

That’s what I’m trying to figure out now. I guess people who have Verizon can watch it whenever they please.

Here’s Pedro Pascal on one of my favourite shows, Opie and Anthony to hold us over. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08r0HuJF4jA&list=UUiJ5N30vkITnXY61QyAsX0g

13. GeekFurious
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

KG:
    Like I said before, it will take a quarter of one short scene to address it:

Dany:“Where’s Daario? Someone find Daario.”

Grey Worm, several minutes later:“Daario is here.”

Daario enters.

Everyone:“HI, DAARIO!”

Yeah. People will move on quickly. Same with The Mountain.

14. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

I think they will just mention who he is in a conversation with Dany, Jorah or Baristan in a ‘clever’ way, just so that the Unsullied remember what he did last season and than move on. Making him a faceless man would be bad imo, as it doesn’t make much sense.

15. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

There’s a new Artisan’s video about the filming in Belfast:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7ArWFrBnc

Dreadfort confirmed for season 4!

16. Gatehouse Ami
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

… so long as he’s still the best whistler in the land.

17. kul65
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi, Maybe a defected Faceless Man? I haven’t gotten to AFfC yet, so I don’t know the procedure, but I could picture Daario having been in training in the House of B&W and then opting out or escaping before being depersonalized.

18. Matt
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Pretty sure by that he just means Dany will refer to him as Daario as soon as the two are on screen together. He’s not gonna be a faceless man, as much as I would’ve preferred that for continuity’s sake.

19. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Today is just off the chain with content! Jesus Christ!

20. Dweezil
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

The Red Viper on Greg , Tony and James?

You, ser, have just made my day.

21. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss,

Yeah.. I guess I just see more discipline in a faceless man. While Darrio has already gotten a pretty concrete character introduction that suggets otherwise. He’s a very free spirited character. Which goes against my personal understanding of the faceless men’s ways. So that would be my concern.

22. Oberyn Wan Kenobi
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

kul65,

Yeah that’s actually a pretty interesting thought..

23. Al Swearengen
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Bearded Daario looks so much better.

24. beautifulsouth0
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

KG:
    Like I said before, it will take a quarter of one short scene to address it:

Dany:“Where’s Daario? Someone find Daario.”

Grey Worm, several minutes later:“Daario is here.”

Daario enters.

Everyone:“HI, DAARIO!”

maybe a little more Cheers-like, with some banter between Daario and Coach as he orders his first round.

25. BlackBloc
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious: Yeah. People will move on quickly. Same with The Mountain.

26. Summer is Coming
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Awesome! Dreadfort! Will it be on the intro map?

Ramsay on the hunt in ep 2… clipboard evidence.

The one thing that bugs me it’s the lack of actual Winter! The weather is supposed to deteriorate fast but they still show a lot of green… in the North!! When is Winter Coming?

ps: Oh yeah, Daario looks good, very good… but I’m afraid mr Huisman overestimates the viewers in this matter… some/many still don’t know the names of the established characters.. the dragon chick, the cool little girl, etc… another delusional in delusionland..

27. Abyss
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink
  28. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Summer is Coming,

Someone has to ask D&D about that at some point. Stannis and company will be trudging through heavy snow towards Winterfell next season! I guess Winter is just going to hit out of nowhere. They are going to have to use a ton of fake snow in the future.

29. wizardeyes
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Yay Dreadfort and Roose and Ramsay scenes!

30. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Dweezil,

Tss tss Red Viper, what is he reading about a viper or sumthin? Fuckin’ Chippa.

31. Al Swearengen
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:06 pm | Permalink
  32. Shaldun
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

wizardeyes:
    Tyrion Pimpslap,

Yay Dreadfort and Roose and Ramsay scenes!

We knew it already from one of the last trailers, we have seen them together in the Dreadfort.

Also, where is this Verizon preview and the spot aired yesterday during NCAA ? Does someone has a link ? Why HBO doesn’t put it on Youtube ? Not cool.

33. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

So Opie and Anthony in their Pedro Pascal interview that I linked above had seen the first episode of season 4 and it looks like that’s where some Oberyn Martell sexy time will be in. Jim Norton the comedian on the show commended Pedro for what he’d done in that screener ep. saying that he was “a dirty boy” in it. Apparently one of his lines is “tale your clothes off”. So there’s that bit of news.

34. Delta1212
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Winter,

My first thought as well.

35. Delta1212
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Oberyn Wan Kenobi,

Then again, a Faceless Man can act however he needs/wants to. That’s sort of the point.

36. wizardeyes
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Shaldun,

The Dreadfort wasn’t confirmed. People were speculating that it might be Winterfell/ Moat Cailin/ Harrenhal.

37. Shaldun
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

wizardeyes:
    Shaldun,

Oh ok I didn’t know, for me it was the Dreadfort all along. True that it could have been Winterfell or Moat Cailin too. I never doubted to have the Dreadfort, it waseven already in it last year technically.

38. matt s
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

And then he winks at the camera and everyone shrugs and laughs.

39. wizardeyes
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Shaldun,

Yeah I thought it was and was hoping it was but people had caused me to doubt. I was just glad that it was the Dreadfort!

Although I can’t wait to see them rock up to Winterfell in season 5…

40. GeekFurious
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

BlackBloc: Yeah, about that. I know at least two people who never realized the Mountain was in season 2 until I told them they had cast a third actor for the Mountain in S4. “Third? Was there a second? What do you mean, in Season 2?”

Yep. A good friend of mine who is addicted to the show and remembers far more than me had no idea The Mountain was in season 2.

41. Jordan
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Technically the Dreadfort already appeared. It is where Theon was/is imprisoned.

I mean we haven’t gotten a good view of it yet, but we’ve seen some of the outside and inside…

42. frederico
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

BlackBloc
    GeekFurious,

How can you be addicted to the show and not realize the mountain is in season 2 it doesn’t make sense.

43. KG
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

beautifulsouth0,

And let’s not forget the thunderous round of prompted applause when he walks in.

44. Sokratesk
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

If they make him a faceless man,i don’t know..it cheapens the whole idea of it.No facelessman would run around bragging he’s the best whistler in Essos!That’s lazy writing!

45. Renly's Peach
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to see him on Pyke come Season 5. Huehuehuehue

46. Hodor's Odor
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I really liked the daario 1.0 … long haired & badass.

i hope this one will be 100% attractive than the other , and of course more ♥

but seriously , he almost says “forget the old daario , Im the real one ”

wtf .. more modesty would have been welcomed here …

he didnt read the book , or even at least the part where ‘he’ is on it ..

47. Summer
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Odor:
    I really liked the daario 1.0 … long haired & badass.

i hope this one will be 100% attractive than the other , and of course more ♥

but seriously , he almost says “forget the old daario , Im the real one ”

wtf .. more modesty would have been welcomed here …

he didnt read the book , or even at least the part where ‘he’ is on it ..

He didn’t read the books because he had no time, but he DID research his storylines. Also, we SHOULD forget the old Daario. There is a new one and it has to be like the old one didn’t exist at all. It may be a recast, but Daario is Daario.

48. JonSnow17
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

Hodor’s Odor I bet you are still upset that they aren’t using the ridiculous blue beard and you are taking it on the actor, get over it you whiny bitch !

49. Josh
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

This guy is so lucky…He plays/ed the love interests for THREE incredibly hot and talented women.

Renly’s Peach,

Hodor’s Odor:

Old Daario was a TERRIBLE actor, that it took you out of the scene. When you have a bunch of excellent actors and one really, really bad one he sticks out like a sore thumb.

50. Carlos
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Shaldun,

Seems like it’s a Verizon exclusive, for now. I’ll describe everything new in it for anyone who is really curious
    1) Grrm gives a bit a backstory about Bastards in Westeros, like the Names and how they’re treated. Interestingly, he mentions that lowborns have just as many bastards as nobles, and then it cuts to the scene in Season 1 when Bronn says “You wouldn’t know him” in regards to his father, indicating that Bronn is a lowborn bastard. Not exactly a shocking twist, but I don’t think that’s been confirmed in the show or books?
    2) They show a scene from the Purple Wedding, where Oberyn introduces Elleria to Tywin and Cersei. “I don’t think I’ve ever met a sand” Cersei says. David & Dan and the actors talk about Dorne’s less judgemental treatment of Bastards. Also, they show a shot where Elleria is looking at a group of young girls, who might have been Sandsnakes, but I’m not sure. Might havw just been whores
    3) We see a scene where Roose introduces Walda to Ramsay. (If the report about Walda only being in Episode 2 is correct, this comfirms A) Speculation about Boltons at Purple Wedding was false and B) Roose and Ramsay reunite very early in the Season.
    4) They contrast Ramsay with Jon Snow and his relationship with Ned. Iwan talks about how the only thing Ramsay wants more than just inflicting pain on others is to be Recognized by his father
    5) There is a scene with Roose, Ramsay, and Theon. Roose is wearing weirdly unnoble looking clothes. I think this might be the scene where Theon shaves Ramsay. Both Roise and Ramsay are sporting a lot of facial hair in this scene. Ramsat says something like “We have a flayed man on our Banners!” and Roose responds “My banners…not yours.”"

51. MeroVFX
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Does anyone knows the reason why Daario was recast?

52. Greenjones
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Carlos,

Thank you! Yes that would confirm Roose arriving at the Dreadfort that early. As much as I’d have loved to see him at the PW, this is better. My favourite part of ADWD was their dynamic.

This is probably too much to ask, but could you or someone else with Verizon DVR it and post it somewhere? Or even just film it… I’m desperate for it!

53. Satin
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Carlos,

Thank you for the description. If I may ask… which characters are they talking about, specifically? I heard GRRM narrates something about the purge of Robert’s bastards, does he mention that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen are actually bastards, too?

MeroVFX,

I don’t think there was an official explanation – or even an unofficial one – but Ed Skrein was cast in an action movie franchise, and I guess he preferred that.

54. Davidbenjen
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

It without a doubt is going to open with a sex scene where Khaleesi is screaming Daario’s name repeatedly.

55. JamesL
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

This is different than the Mountain, this change is going to be very noticeable to the average viewer. Daario had a lot more screen time prior to his recast than the Mountain and the casual viewers are most interested in Dany’s storyline, they are definitely going to notice when her new boyfriend changes to a totally different person. Most casual viewers don’t even know who the Mountain is to be able to notice a change in actors.

56. Tori Targaryen
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

MeroVFX,

Well I think we could see in the show ourselves that his acting wasn’t really working. He was not convincing as a warrior. But what I read elsewhere is that basically his performance in season 3 was created in editing, rather than acting…. I wasn’t surprised when they recast

57. Summer
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

MeroVFX:
    Does anyone knows the reason why Daario was recast?

Because Ed Skrein decided to take over someones role in Transporter.

58. Super Daario
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

The first Daario wasn’t horrible on a Hayden Christensen level, but it wasn’t good. I didn’t like his voice or facial expressions. I felt no chemistry between Dany and Daario. It felt forced.

That can also be attributed to not enough scenes leading up to Dany seeming so worried about Daario after the Yunkai invansion even though we barely see them together before that scene. I personally believe the attack on Yunkai was very poorly done by D&D and their biggest blunder in Season 3.

I applaud D&D for the change in actors (and no blue beard) and I trust the attack on Meereen will be great this season.

59. The Prince
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Satin:
    Carlos,

The bastards GRRM talks about are Robert’s, Jon Snow, and Ramsay. He calls Robert the ”Grand Maker of Bastards” and does talk about Robert’s Bastards that were killed and how Gendry, who looks exactly like young Robert, managed to escape. He notes that many bastards gravitate to the Wall, since one can rise in the ranks there. On the subject of Ramsay, he notes that unlike Jon Snow he grew up away from the castle with his mother until Roose’s son died, leading to some resentment. He also notes that while Tyrion is not a bastard, he is treated like a bastard by Tywin. (As Tyrion himself notes when he meets Jon.) No mention of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen is made by anyone.

60. Satin
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

The Prince,

Thank you so much!

Hmm, interesting that they remark upon Gendry looking like Robert, and Roose’s trueborn son. Maybe someone will recognize Gendry after all, and I wonder if Ramsay is responsible for his half-brother’s death here as well.

61. GhostCR
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Al Swearengen,

Yep! I didn’t like “Fabio”. New Daario looks far more interesting. Hopefully he delivers.

62. Ser Lucas
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

He seems nice, unlike his douchebag of a character.

I pictured a sort of medieval warrior with the ego of a Kardashian, the temper of a honey badger and the fashion sense of a blind peacock.

63. Ed
    Posted March 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

Yep, pretty much this right here.

KG:
    Like I said before, it will take a quarter of one short scene to address it:

Dany:“Where’s Daario? Someone find Daario.”

Grey Worm, several minutes later:“Daario is here.”

Daario enters.

Everyone:“HI, DAARIO!”

64. loki
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 1:38 am | Permalink

Why did they even start the show if this is the case, didn’t they fear that “it might not work”?

65. JonSnow17
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 1:45 am | Permalink

loki

I dunno, maybe they didn’t know there are going to be so many sad nerds like you .

66. Mariya Martell
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Greenjones:
    wizardeyes,

Awesome interview, thanks! I’m even more eager for the 6th, if that is possible :)

67. Abyss
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Tori Targaryen,

Do you have a source for this?

68. Rene
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 5:37 am | Permalink

it’s ten months after latst season, the average viewer will not remember the look of the previous Daario.

69. matt
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 5:50 am | Permalink

None of this matters. At the end of the day, they recast the character, and now it’s going to be weird with another actor playing him, especially with Daario having such a big presence in the 3rd season.

The only way they can do this is if they write in a quip about him learning a “few tricks from a Braavosi assassin” about hiding your identity or something. Which will relate to J’aqen and the audience will go “aaaahhh” and then we can all move on.

Anything less, and it’s simply a new actor playing the character which is jarring and noticeable.

70. Asha Karina
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 6:20 am | Permalink

Josh:

Renly’s Peach,

Totally agree, Skrein was really insipid and we have Michael “Treme cool as fuck” Huisman ton fantasize on now. Life is sweet.
    We can hope that maybe the most bad written character of ASOIAF will become a little bit less ridiculous with that guy.

71. Satin
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 6:30 am | Permalink

matt: At the end of the day, they recast the character, and now it’s going to be weird with another actor playing him, especially with Daario having such a big presence in the 3rd season.

Funnily enough, Skrein was only in three episodes, and in one he’s only standing around. The most memorable things about him were the loop-sided grin, the rapunzel hair, and those ridiculous frat bro daggers, which Huisman obviously wields as well.

When this series is over, no one will remember him anymore, and Huisman will be Daario for the viewers, I’m sure of it.

72. Baramos
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 9:46 am | Permalink

Whenever the new Daario isn’t on screen, the rest of the cast should say, “Where’s Daario?”

73. Jen@House Stark
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 9:49 am | Permalink

JonSnow17:

Now, now Snow. HO is entitled to her opinion, as are we all. I will think of Daario in terms of 1.0 until I am proven otherwise – may be quick, mayhaps not. Same with the Mountain, and Tommen and any other replacement character. Takes time. I’ll never be over the King in the North, and does that make me a whiny bitch? Methinks you should not answer, ser :giggle:

74. loco73
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

I guess they will have to do something to explain the re-cast. With The Mountain, they got away in the second season because the character was barely seen and he was in full armour and helmeted.

With Daario they have to somehow explain the gap. Though the difference is visually quite striking, no doubt, as a viewer I’m more than willing to take a leap of faith and accept D&D’s explanation. I am actually hoping that there is one, more than what it is.

I guess we’ll wait and see what happens!

Unless…old Daario was in fact a gremlin…and you know what they say about gremlins, no feeding after midnight! That would explain the change!

But think about it, we will actually have to pretty significant re-casts this season joining the show, both The Mountain That Rides and Daario…

75. KissedByFire
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

JonSnow17,

You know nothing, JonSnow17

76. MaesterBradley
    Posted March 19, 2014 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Ser Lucas,

EXACTLY! :D haha

77. Valar Gimmecakeis
    Posted March 21, 2014 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Italian accent: “It’s a-me, Daario!”

78. JackholeDiary
    Posted April 6, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

And sadly that is pretty much what they did///

KG,

79. Ivonni
    Posted April 7, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Rene,

U kidding? He had so much charisma ! Everything about his was damn memorable!!!! I kept rewatchig the scenes wih him as he had so much flirt they way he looked at her, the way he spoke …
    And the new actor – soooo empty , emotionless – pathetic !!!

80. ronthedon
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

The new actor is a complete misfit. Never have I seen someone so out of a place. Instead of flamboyance we get an introverted whispering common man. What a far cry from Ed’s performance last season. Daario 1.0 was better in every way. His look, attitude and delivery reminded me of a young Arnold. He had charisma. The new guy is better suited playing a drug addict.

81. Angry Fan
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

The new Daario is pathetic! This actor is as much out of place as Woody Allen would be playing Conan the Barbarian.