Game of Thrones Season 4 ratings speculation
By Hear Me Roar on in Speculation.

It is time again! Time for us number nuts to look at some pretty graphs, enjoy the visualisation of the success that is Game of Thrones, and for GeekFurious to simply go nuts.

The graph below compares the viewership ratings of a number of premium cable shows over their first four seasons. This time around, another show joins the ranks for comparison, namely GoT’s successful HBO sister show True Detective. (There is so much data that the graph is getting quite small, but you can of course simply click on it for a larger version.) As always: All viewer numbers refer to the first airing only, and the graphs of longer or shorter seasons have been scaled to correspond to the 10-episode run of Game of Thrones.

S4 ratings preview

Hear Me Roar: While not the only or the most important metric, the first airing viewership is one that is consistently and easily accessible, and allows us to the track the trends and the success of Thrones from season to season. What are your predictions this year?

I dare say that a certain big event in ‘The Rains of Castamere’ last season and all the ruckus it caused attracted fresh viewers and that the total viewership of the show has thus grown between seasons. Will that be reflected in the premiere night ratings already? Time will tell, but I think we can break that 6 million mark this season, perhaps sooner rather than later. There is a lot of juicy material in S4 that will not leave the viewers disappointed.

1. DEATHDREAMS
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Hodor

In your face!

2. King DBC
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Unlike some of the shows on that graph, Game of Thrones will not be dealing with a dip in story quality in its 4th season, so yeah, the big 6 is definitely within reach.

3. GeekFurious
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

5.8 million first viewing. 8 million total nightly viewing. 14.2 million across all platforms.

4. Alex Greyjoy
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I’d say the ratings will be about TB size. No reason for them to suddenly drop.

5. Vikestad
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Breaking 6 million is a good estimate. There will be a lot of peeps on here shouting figures above 7 million, but they have proven to be wrong every year so far.

6. asfastasican
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

I knew ReekFurious would have already posted on this before I viewed it.

I can’t wait to see if HBO Go crashes again during the premiere or finale. True detective was pretty raw in an awesome way and unexpected.

7. GeekFurious
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

asfastasican:
    I knew ReekFurious would have already posted on this before I viewed it.

It’s good to be infamous. Inflates my ego even more. Thank you, minion.

8. Yago
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

6 million is possible.

9. Ozymandias
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Premiere : 5.90 – 6.00
    Finale : 6.85

10. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

It is always interesting to see how much, if at all, the audience grows between seasons. Last year I think I predicted the show would reach the 6 million premier viewers mark at some point, so I was a bit too optimistic. This year I say they will finally reach 6 million at some point this season.

Season 4 Premier: 5.6 million
    Most Viewers S4: 6.2 million
    Average Audience(All Platforms): 15.5 million

11. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

I won’t guess premiere views, but I will do this:
    High point- 6.4 mil
    Low point- 4.8 mil

12. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

6 more days…

Wanna hear something pathetic?

I took this whole week off from work mostly just because, that way, the week will fly by and I’ll be seeing Oberyn Martell on my TV before I know it…

It’s pretty sad when you take 40 hours off work just so your fav TV show will mentally air sooner…

As far as ratings go, I’m sure GoT will break 6mil 1st airing at some point this season.

But more importantly, does anyone know what season 3 DVD sales are? Does anyone know how many subscriptions HBO gained in the past few weeks? Does anyone know if GoT HBO Shop merchandise is still selling like hot cakes???

Ratings paired with those 3 things plus awards and media buzz should all be taking into consideration when trying to formulate the success of GoT…..

13. Winter
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

So was the end of season 4 the start of True Blood‘s viewership decline? I daresay Game of Thrones won’t have that problem this year as the last few episodes should be off the (gold) chain.

14. Steel_Wind
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

From my perspective, the media hype that HBO Canada is putting behind the premiere of this season of GoT is beyond anything seen previously. Given that True Blood ends this year, GoT is clearly now HBO’s flagship show and a pop culture phenomenon in its own right. We should expect to see a bump in ratings this season for that reason as well as all of the others noted above.

15. Ser Davos Seaworth
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

oh… so this is why boardwalk empire is finishing after the upcoming season… we need to show it more love! I highly recommend it (it’s my 3rd fav HBO show behind GoT and TD, and 5th of all time behind BB, GoT, Sherlock and TD) lets boost the ratings for it’s final season.

16. Darkstar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Arthur, I will be immersing myself, FINALLY, in Breaking Bad this week. I watched the first season over this past weekend and I am definitely hooked. I must say it is quite different watching something I previously had very little knowledge of, and not reading anything about it, with the constant rehashing and attempts at plot solving as I have done with the past few shows I have watched. It is quite refreshing actually, and a wonderful forgotten experience. Time will fly.

17. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Season 1 avg: 2.5 mil
    Season 2 avg: 3.8 mil
    Season 3 avg: 5 mil

See the delta? It’s roughly 1.2 mil. I think this season will be no different, so 6.2 mil will be the new average.

18. Darkstar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Winter: So was the end of season 4 the start of True Blood‘s viewership decline?

Gods, yes! That was HORRIBLE. I still am not over what they did to my vampire boyfriend! ; D

19. chamush
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Now this is too much! What will you as a fan/viewer get whether ratings rock or suck? Is HBO planning to send checks and share the wealth? Just watch and enjoy the show, if the show was at such low ratings that was in risk of getting canceled (which is clearly not) then I could understand people giving a damn about it. So please get a life folks.

20. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

chamush,

Looks like you care more than we do, well…

21. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

chamush,

Thanks for the advice, Your Holiness. Any more suggestions on how to spend our free time? :)

EDIT: Wow, I ended up sounding like an asshole! Oh well…

Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Thank you for being a good sport, hope you didn’t mind ;)

23. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Darkstar,

Nice!

I’ll be doing lots of spring cleaning.

I’ll watching the GoT season 1-3 bluray with commentary and extras…

I bought House of Cards season 1 to watch. (So into politics)

I will be keeping myself busy but damn I can’t wait for Sunday, in fact, plans are at my house so I have a bunch of people coming over.

Drinking and cards starts at like 3pm. My mom is making something from the GoT cookbook for us lol…

GoT = Official launch of Springtime and family get togethers for me and many friends I know.

24. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

chamush,

Says the person who took the time to post on an internet fan site for a fantasy TV show. Admit it, you’re one of us, and this is part of our lives. We discuss anything and everything related to the series. Discussing ratings is just a way to puff out our chests with pride and let our dicks swing low as we celebrate the ratings superiority of the show.

25. Hounded
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

chamush,

Sorry I didn’t realize you were in charge of the internet today.

Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Winter,

Yes, the numbers lingered below 5 for a season, then dropped towards 4 in the latest.

27. Govnor
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Considering how juicy the story lines are this coming season, it’s hard to imagine it not going over 6M.

28. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

I can’t wait for it either (well, for Monday in my timezone). Can’t wait to see my Unsullied friends reactions to this season, is going to be epic! I got goose bumps while writing this. lol
    The last few days are always the hardest.

29. GeekFurious
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    GeekFurious,

Thank you for being a good sport, hope you didn’t mind ;)

I didn’t mind at all. Made me laugh.

My biggest issue, and when I do give people a lot of shit, is when they start talking about RATINGS. Which are meaningless to HBO. They care about total viewers. Ratings are only used to qualify revenue from ads.

30. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Hahaha!!!

That was awesome dude and well said!

31. BlackBloc
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Those True Detective numbers lol. I guess I’m one of many people who had no interest, heard word of mouth buzz rising steadily, then learning the show was only 8 episodes binge watched the first 7 on VOD and joined in to the first viewership numbers right in time for the finale.

32. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

I predict numbers slightly higher than season 3, but nearing a plateau. Only so many people have HBO.

33. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious,

Hey, congrats bro. You did it again! Jogs up memories from season 3′s on-season. Now where is AngryGOTFan?

34. WeirwoodTreeHugger
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

BlackBloc:

This was me with Breaking Bad. I binge watched seasons 1-5.1 last spring after hearing more and more word of mouth. It looks like a lot of people had the same idea since ratings exploded in the final season.

35. Hounded
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

I feel bad that I can’t contribute to the viewership but I’m in the UK and HBO doesn’t exist here…

36. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Balerion The Cat,

Yeah!!!

The guys (friends and family) all read the books, but the women (Gfs and family) that come chill didn’t and their reactions are so fun to watch!

I can’t wait to see their reactions to the plot twists this season and what they think about Oberyn Martell. =]

37. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

Hopefully this happens with GoT and the show keeps gaining traction.

38. Bob Miller
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

We’ll be watching: Wildling generals enjoy a break from bloody mayhem that’s coming to your TV screens. pic.twitter.com/nzwcDc1kjJ

39. Tatters
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger,

And the numbers who own HBO are higher every year, just wait for it.
    People get desperate.

40. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Bob Miller,

Epic! Are you in that picture?

41. Alice
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Hey Arthur, you probably won’t believe me but I did exactly the same. Great minds think alike.

42. Darkstar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

She should try the Honeyed Chicken. Sooooo good and sooooo easy! It is regular in my kitchen. Even without the honey sauce, it is about the best roast chicken I have ever had.

I am thinking about making the new Direwolf cupcake cake they have on their site, too.

43. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Bob Miller,

That pic is awesome!!!

44. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

The Purple Wedding will also be fun to watch, they know GoT pretty well and they won’t be expecting THAT from the second episode. I’m thinking of serving wine and meat pie for that episode, I hope they’ll get the reference at the end, lol.

45. Duval
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

Well in Jaime’s case it could be from malnurishment and being locked up in a dungeon for nearly a year like Reek

It does look more like something they forgot though.

46. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Alice,

Lol, hey it’s the 1st week of April and we’ve been waiting like a year for this, we work hard and they’re our vacation days to use so why not use them how we see fit… Spring cleaning and to help the wait for GoT go by faster, makes sense to me!

Darkstar,

She’s not telling us what she’s bringing but if we like it she said she’ll make food from the GoT cookbook every week for us on GoT Sundays. She loves to cook and we love to eat so it works out well. =]

Let the good times roll!!’

47. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

Maybe they mirrored that shot?

48. Bob Miller
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Hand of the Kingslayer,

I’m the handsome one (centre, front row, with the battle axe).

49. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Balerion The Cat,

True true…

The girls I watch it with seem to love Arya, I can’t wait to see how they react to Arya becoming a stone cold killer. This season, from all the interviews and stuff, it seems Arya finally takes that step to just becoming a little assassin. Lets see if they still route for her and feel sorry for her after they see how brutal she becomes.

50. Hoyti Von Totiy
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Well in the books you cant really feel sorry for her because she shows no emotion ….

51. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Bob Miller,

Very cool. Did you get to use it?

52. chamush
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Sorry folks I didn’t mean to hurt feelings/troll in anyway. Just an intellectual rant! And of course I love the show but then again I would not care about the ratings, accordingly then I will leave this post for eternity and you can pour some hate on me subsequently :)

53. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Arthur,

Yeah! So many reasons to be excited for this season. Every character’s storyline will be so intense , and its really hard to decide what I’m looking forward to the most.
    I was very excited for season 3, but season 4 its a different kind of animal: I just can’t stop thinking about it, and I like it! I love being a geek.

54. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

chamush,

I hate you.
    Honestly though I understand your point. All we can do to help the ratings is keep watching.

55. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

Yeah…

I think Arya just suppresses her emotional dismay and sadness and then let’s it explode into violence whenever she can. She channels all her sorrow to hatred and uses it as fuel to kill all those she thinks deserves it.

It’s pretty twisted but perhaps my mind would snap too if I went through all the emotional torment and drama she went through at such a young age.

At some point your mind/emotions just have to shut down and go into survival mode, I think that’s what happened to Arya…

Just her mind chose a very savage way to cope with the pain, by reflecting the violence with more violence…

56. Fez
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

There’s been so much hype for the show since the last season ended, and the RW had such a cultural impact, I’m gonna guess that the start of season 4 will have the same uptick that the 2nd half of Breaking Bad’s fifth season saw.

My prediction: Episode 1 will get 6.5 million initial viewers, it won’t really increase from there though through the season since HBO has a limited number of subscribers,

57. Johan Sporre
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

In the US it’s trending about 20% higher than last year at a comparable time so I’d guess that 5.5 million will be broken in the opener and 6 mil at the latest around episode 8 or 9.

58. Turncloak
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Why is “Homeland” listed in the graph? Isn’t that series on Showtime and not HBO?

59. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Did HBO ever release the global ratings for a show? I would love to see how does GoT do outside of the US.

60. Hand of the Kingslayer
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Balerion The Cat,

Does pretty well where I live. And just about everywhere else honestly.

61. Doug
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

I don’t think it’s going to go much higher than season 3 averages. It’s probably peaked in terms of ratings, but will settle in at those ratings on a consistent basis. Of course there will be episodes here and there as the seasons move along that do better than average numbers with a heightened rating. But overall, I feel the 4.5-6 million type number is probably it’s peak.

But I’m not an expert, and until they can capture a metric that includes people who watch it on HBO GO, or watch it during a different airing, or watch it on DVR, then the number will never truly be accurate and will always be higher than purported.

Bottom line is, it’s a hit, and will remain so.

62. Greenjones
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Hoyti Von Totiy,

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau never dyed his hair. Sometimes it looks blond and sometimes it looks darker but that’s his natural colour. Here are some s1 pictures where it looks dark to prove my point.

As for Tyrion, yeah, they don’t dye Dinklage’s hair as blond anymore.

63. Valyrian Plastic
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

This is like when Renly’s eyes were green in one book then blue in the other, then George responded by writing how his eye colour seemed to change depending on the light. Jaime’s hair is consistently dark, but under the light it suddenly becomes streaked with gold.

Even “Black of Hair” has been made redundant since the introduction of Shireen, though like the Lannisters it’s because pure black wouldn’t have worked very well on her.

Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Balerion The Cat,

I think it would be hard to get reliable numbers, perhaps limited to those from HBO subsidiaries is doable. Worldwide DVD/Blu-rays sold is a good indication and that’s something they would release from time to time.

65. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Greenjones,

It seems to me they started dying Dinklage’s hair gold, as both Tyrion and Cersei’s hair in seasons 2 and 3 looked more gold than blonde. People complained that their hair looked red in the ‘Vanity Fair’ photos, but to me it looked like gold.

Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

It’s not limited to HBO, but rather premium cable, and to shows that we have the numbers for. Then after that to shows that are popular enough to be interesting. This means no AMC comparisons, but Showtime and Starz are fair game. Playboy TV as well, for that matter :D

67. you are dumb
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Arthur:
    Hoyti Von Totiy,

Yeah…

I think Arya just suppresses her emotional dismay and sadness and then let’s it explode into violence whenever she can.She channels all her sorrow to hatred and uses it as fuel to kill all those she thinks deserves it.

I agree that she was going down a very dark path, and if she continued, she would wind up being a psychopath but I think thatthe faceless men and the kindly man are a positive influence , and they are channeling her “dark pasenger” (to quote Dexter) into something that’s not quite so bad. Without them, I think she would have been completely lost. Or at least i thought that until I read that last preview chapter.

68. Balerion The Cat
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar,

Regarding the DVD/Blu-Ray sale, still no word about season 3 sales? I find it hard to believe it didn’t sell well, but why would HBO release no information about it!?

69. herrsebbe2@gmail.com
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

WeirwoodTreeHugger:
    I predict numbers slightly higher than season 3, but nearing a plateau.Only so many people have HBO.

Hopefully we’ll see some new subscribers as well, since that’s what keeps the show gaining budget. I didn’t have HBO last season as I had only just binge watched the series for the first time in March that year. Now I do, and that is 70% Thrones’s doing.

70. Maxwell James
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

My guess is that if anything, overnight ratings might go down somewhat – but overall viewership will continue to trend up, possibly to the 15 million level.

My reasoning has to do with True Detective, which was the most immediately successful HBO drama in a long time. That show topped over 11 million viewers for its weekly average – yet its highest overnight ratings for a single episode was 3.5 million.

Which suggests to me that more than ever, HBO viewers are time-shifting their viewing habits. As well they should – the network has made it very easy to watch their shows whenever you want. The ratings game is of less and less value to them with each passing year.

71. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I mean to cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron Greyjoy in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker’s convenience. Which’ll it be?

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

Thanks Veltigar

72. The Dragon Demands
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Two things we saw about the past seasons’ ratings:

1 – The Memorial Day holiday in the USA used to wreck episode 9′s ratings, even for “Blackwater” which got rave reviews, so it was a smart idea just to take a week off for Memorial Day starting in Season 3. This fixed that problem.2

2 – It’s annoying when people stupidly blame a ratings drop in one episode….on that same episode. “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” had a sudden ratings drop….because it followed “The Climb”, which was a slow episode.

People don’t just change the channel mid-episode, they hope it gets better. If it is boring, they don’t watch the *subsequent* episode. Thus “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” suffered for “The Climb”.

Nothing was actually wrong with what they did in “The Climb”: two episodes of MASSIVE climaxes had to be followed by more introduction. After Dany freed the Unsullied and the mutiny at Craster’s Keep, we then had “Kissed by Fire” – which I consider the best overall episode of the season (every major plotline advances; Rains of Castamere was okay overall, but it was the Red Wedding SCENE which people were excited about, not the episode as a whole).

My guess is that unless we have another “The Climb” on our hands, the ratings will be their strongest yet.

73. King of the Ashes
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

i definitely think the red wedding will boost the premiere of season 4′s ratings. i think people really want to see where the story goes after that.

74. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Deathdreams:
    I mean to cast Mads Mikkelsen as EuronGreyjoy in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker’s convenience. Which’ll it be?

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

Thanks Veltigar

Good luck trying to cast Mads as Euron, since he’s busy with Hannibal, idiot. And they shoot Hannibal the same time as they shoot GoT.

75. Tatters
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

People are pessimistic. You know how much buzz there is now? From every corner of the internet that is.

76. Jordan
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Posted this in another thread, but I wondered about Hugo Speer for Euron. I came across the actor and he seems a good fit for the idea of someone who is both good looking and believably a relative of Balon, Theon, and Yara.

77. Greenjones
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Tyrion Pimpslap,

Well those photos were photoshopped to shit. If you look at the footage of the shoot, Cersei looked blond but in the photo she looks reddish. Also they photoshopped some extra shadows/contours onto Emilia’s cleaveage. Vanity Fair indeed.

78. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss: Good luck trying to cast Mads as Euron, since he’s busy with Hannibal, idiot.And they shoot Hannibal the same time as they shoot GoT.

Idiot?! Jesus, where does this animosity come from? Can’t a guy have hopes and dreams?….Does this come from that Whole Hodor thing?

Look, I don’t give a crap who they cast as Euron Greyjoy or even IF they do at all. I just think this is fun.

Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss,
    Hounded,

Hey, no name calling, okay? Disagree, but play nice, guys.

80. Ye Olde Wolfe
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Turncloak,

The article specifies that it’s a graph for premium cable shows, not just HBO.

81. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

:-)

82. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss,

I just think you’ve never gotten a chance to give a Hodor. Come on and let one out now… it’s very freeing, then we can all be friends. come on, all the cool kids are doing it.

83. Jaqen
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

chamush,

we dont care about how much money hbo make per se . but if they made a lot of money out of it , that mean they will spend more money on the coming seasons which will increase the quality of the show or else they will cut some of the budget on them cuz they don’t do charity they want profit

84. Alan
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

The Dragon Demands:

2 – It’s annoying when people stupidly blame a ratings drop in one episode….on that same episode.“The Bear and the Maiden Fair” had a sudden ratings drop….because it followed “The Climb”, which was a slow episode.

People don’t just change the channel mid-episode, they hope it gets better.If it is boring, they don’t watch the *subsequent* episode.Thus “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” suffered for “The Climb”.

You are correct about Memorial Day, but I doubt there’s any real correlation between quality and the next episode. It’s tough to gauge quality, for one, but there’s been dips after quality episodes before. I don’t think anyone is choosing their viewing habits on episode to episode quality anymore. A sustained run of boring episodes might do it; but not one.

Given HBO’s flexibility with on demand and HBO Go, the numbers above (which are first showing) are going to have more to do with what else people might be doing (as Memorial Day shows). The weather is probably more indicative of this number than prior show quality.

85. Alan
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Balerion The Cat:

I’ve seen UK ratings and every once in a while there’s news from Australia. I know Nielsen operates in a lot of other countries, but I don’t know their full scope and there’s certainly not a cottage industry of tracking ratings (like we have here in TV by the numbers).

Which is my long way of saying I don’t even know if there is a global rating, but we do see some numbers on a random basis.

86. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Hear Me Roar:
    Greatness Arrisessss,
    Hounded,

Hey, no name calling, okay? Disagree, but play nice, guys.

Okay :)

87. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Deathdreams: Idiot?!Jesus, where does this animosity come from? Can’t a guy have hopes and dreams?….Does this come from that Whole Hodor thing?

I’m just saying… all you ever say is, “Mads as Euron, make it happen” whether you’re joking or not, it’s not going to happen. He’s busy with Hannibal, and Hannibal has the same production schedule more or less as GoT. They shoot in the summer and air in the spring. HBO has made it clear that their schedule isn’t open for their actors to work on other projects when GoT is shooting. They can use the rest of the year to shoot other stuff, which is what Kit did from January to June last year (working on Pompeii and other movies). Same goes for NBC and other networks.

Mads as Euron is just a fan’s obsessive fantasy. When someone else is cast as Euron are you still going to post on every single article on the internet “Mads should have been Euron, screw you HBO and the guy playing Euron” and are you going to campaign all over the net to replace that actor with Mads? When does this obsession end?

88. Veltigar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Deathdreams:

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

Thanks Veltigar

Apollo Creed: Stay in school, and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker not a stinker AND CAST MADS MIKKELSEN AS EURON

89. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss,

You are way more worried about this than I am.

like I said,I honestly don’t care if they cast mads, or my sister, or you for euron, or any other character.

Really this is just silly, Greatness Arrisessss. Let’s just calm down, have a beer and smoke a cigar with me, Games of Thrones is about to come on.

90. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Deathdreams: ncidents and a flood of work my abbility to spread the gospel of the Mads has been seriously hindered. It’s good to know that others have picked up the torch :D

Sorry buddy I confused you with Veltigar. He’s the real delusional one. I retract my statement!

91. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Veltigar: It’s touching to see that I haven’t been forgotten :D Due to an insane chain of computer related incidents and a flood of work my abbility to spread the gospel of the Mads has been seriously hindered. It’s good to know that others have picked up the torch :D

Mads won’t ever be Euron, deal with it. :)

92. The Bastard
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

The ratings don’t matter too much anymore. Of course if they dropped suddenly it would be bad news and that is not going to happen.

GOT brings in a lot of press for HBO. There is a devoted fanbase. It brings in great DVD Sales and Merchandise. The show is not going away.

HBO has more to lose by not finishing the series properly. It would create years of bad will from millions of fans.

93. Easteros bunny
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

I have heard a rumour that people WILL watch season 4.

94. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Easteros bunny:
    I have heard a rumour that people WILL watch season 4.

Where did you hear that? I bet HBO started that rumour. Don’t beleive it for a second

95. King Stannis
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

The show will hit 6.5 for the premier

Discussing ratings on a forum is just having fun while we wait so no need for calling people on their lives.

That Vanity fair is photoshopped and probably just taken recently so the actor just put on the costume, fuck the rest of the makeup.

The Greyjoys will have more impact next season so calm it

*drops the mic*

96. Veltigar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss: I’m just saying… all you ever say is, “Mads as Euron, make it happen” whether you’re joking or not, it’s not going to happen.He’s busy with Hannibal, and Hannibal has the same production schedule more or less as GoT.They shoot in the summer and air in the spring.HBO has made it clear that their schedule isn’t open for their actors to work on other projects when GoT is shooting.They can use the rest of the year to shoot other stuff, which is what Kit did from January to June last year (working on Pompeii and other movies).Same goes for NBC and other networks.

Mads as Euron is just a fan’s obsessive fantasy.When someone else is cast as Euron are you still going to post on every single article on the internet “Mads should have been Euron, screw you HBO and the guy playing Euron” and are you going to campaign all over the net to replace that actor with Mads?When does this obsession end?

Tsss, when someone else is cast as Euron I’ll stop obviously. It would be a sign of poor taste to continue doing my little trick if another professional is hired to play the scarriest Greyjoy brother. I might do a nostalgia post once or twice and in the unlikely case that the actor that portrays Euron turns out to suck I’ll make use of my gloating rights of course.

As to the likelihood of Mads being cast as Euron, it has been clear to me from the start that chances for his casting are close to zero. However, that does not stop me from showing my appreciation for one of the greatest actors active today in a creative way that highlights my love for the cinematic art.

Most posters on here get that. Some choose to support my crazy don quixote like quest, others exchange friendly jabs, while others simply read the quotes I use and try to identify their source. And then there are posters like you, sourpuss’ who get all worked up over something that is frankly trivial.

So, I would advise you to take some lessons in common courtesy and deal with my posts. They aren’t going anywhere untill WiC.net reports about the casting of the Crow’s eye.

Buscapé: you need more than guts to be a good gangster. You need ideas. Like casting Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.

97. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

You said it better than I did or could have.

98. Patchy Face
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

you are dumb,

First Ep – so awesome … Kicks in right away!

99. Tyrionisthebest
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

And what if Eurons is not cast at all and the ironborn are cut completely ? >:)

100. OurBladesAreDull
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Arthur,
    Article on Season 3 dvd/bluray sales in the UK alone.

DVD Sales seemed to have gone up again from last season as well. Not to mention when a new season comes out on DVD. The previous seasons typically get a bump in sales as well.
    This is just the UK I believe.

Game of Thrones sold nearly 190,000 units in the first week alone, DS adds, which comes to about £5.4 million, or just shy of $9 million. Somewhere an HBO exec is christening his new yacht the SS Direwolf.

To pile on to the good news: the Season 3 box set was one of Amazon’s biggest ever pre-ordered TV titles, and overall sales were up almost 50 percent as compared to the show’s second season. We have a hunch as to why that might be. Three little words: The Red Wedding.”

101. dizzy
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I miss ratings frets.

102. Joan Català
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

So far the premiere of each season has had higher ratings than the finale of the previous one. Expecting the same to happen here, with a rating north of 5.5million.

Aside from that I believe we’ll see the first peak of the season, and a series high on episode 3. Episode 2, despite it being the Purple Wedding will be lower than the premiere, and presumably it will end in one memorable cliffhanger that will bring a record high number of viewers for episode 3.

103. GeekFurious
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

OurBladesAreDull:
    Arthur,
    Article on Season 3 dvd/bluray sales in the UK alone.

Combined DVD/BD sales, US/Canada
    Season 1: 1,507,863 $57,086,936
    Season 2: 1,136,704 $37,620,243

104. Arthur
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

OurBladesAreDull,

Awesome!

Was wondering why this site never posted any season 3 DVD sale news…

So basically, if GoT keeps selling DVDs and making HBO subscriptions spike every year (would love any statistics on this as well) we, as fans, have nothing to worry about.

DVD and merchandise sales, along with subscription spikes and media buzz, coupled with amazing premium cable rating numbers equals GoT running as many seasons as D&D see fit to conclude the series in an unrushed and fulfilling manner… Be it 7, 8 or even 9 seasons if GRRM’s last 2 books warrant some awesome paper to screen scenes that D&D feel they must setup and include in their adaptation…

Rejoice fellow throners, GoT will be here until D&D finish it. HBO will increase the budget every year to give us dragons and other fantasy elements as long as they keep seeing a nice return in their investment.

105. Veltigar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Tyrionisthebest:
    Veltigar,

And what if Eurons is not cast at all and the ironborn are cut completely ? >:)

It would surprise me. But I would probably take it as a good sign. If D&D go as far as cutting the Ironborn or Dornish pov’s (Dornish are more likeky imo) they must have a damn good plan to tie everything together. I also feel like it’s better to radically change a few parts of the story (like cutting subplots), than to tamper with all of them and shoehorn everything into the series.

Deathdreams:
    Veltigar,

You said it better than I did or could have.

Nah, I just had a little more time to respond that’s all :)

Major Jean Villeneuve: If I die, I will die well dressed and cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

106. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss:

Yes but only on sites like Zoosk.com, or Christianmingle.com, or farmersonly.com. They really care about the cause there, and they don’t judge

107. Eleanor
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Winter:
    So was the end of season 4 the start of True Blood‘s viewership decline?

It’s when I stopped watching, and according to S5 reviews it was a good decision.

108. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Veltigar: would advise you to take some lessons in common courtesy and deal with my posts. They aren’t going anywhere untill WiC.net reports about the casting of the Crow’s eye.

Fair enough. Btw, I agree he’s amazing. If anyone hasn’t seen it already, watch the Danish movie (or is it Swedish? I don’t know…) called ‘The Hunt’ it’s rather uncomfortable to sit through, but it’s worth it just for Mads’ performance alone. If anybody here only knows Mads by his work in Hannibal, Clash of the Titans and/or Valhalla Rising, well go watch ‘The Hunt’ to see him show some real emotion ;)

109. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Hounded,

Thanks, I am grateful for you coming to my defense, but please don’t get yourself in trouble.

110. Veltigar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss: Fair enough.Btw, I agree he’s amazing.If anyone hasn’t seen it already, watch the Danish movie (or is it Swedish?I don’t know…) called ‘The Hunt’ it’s rather uncomfortable to sit through, but it’s worth it just for Mads’ performance alone.If anybody here only knows Mads by his work in Hannibal, Clash of the Titans and/or Valhalla Rising, well go watch ‘The Hunt’ to see him show some real emotion ;)

Jagten is Danish I believe. It’s an amazing movie, I saw it immediatly after Mads won the prize for best actor at Cannes and I was blown away. The man has incredible range to say the very least.

Let’s not mention clash though. I hate that movie with a passion, even Mads couldn’t save that trainwreck. He was pretty much the only thing good about that shitstain of a movie (well him and Zeus playing Liam Neeson).

April Wheeler: If being crazy means living life as if it matters, then I don’t mind casting Mads Mikkelsen and being completely insane.

111. Deathdreams
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Deathdreams:
    Greatness Arrisessss,

You are way more worried about this than I am.

I’ve got a couple of nice Padrons resting in my humidor. anyone game?
    to hell with cubans

112. Valaquen
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

Veltigar,

I’ll throw my hat in for Mads as Euron. May not happen but we’re allowed to dream. The Hunt was a brilliant little film.

113. Pau
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

The Dragon Demands:

This statement cannot be more wrong ;)

Maybe you or the considered hardcore viewers don’t, but a lot of the casuals do. Just go to tvbythenumbers and check their half-hour viewerships: almost always lower on the second half of the shows. And sometimes by 30%-40%.

114. Pau
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

GeekFurious: Initial sales are going to be hire, but overall sales for season 2 vs season 1 were down in the US (not many collected figures in other countries). It will be interesting to see if season 3 will sell better than season 2.

Combined DVD/BD sales, US/Canada
    Season 1: 1,507,863$57,086,936
    Season 2: 1,136,704$37,620,243

The first season of any series, just like the first book, will always be the one with the biggest sales, because of 2 factors:

1- People buying it as a kind of compulsory gift for someone else
    2- People buying it to try it out and not liking it enough to buy the next ones

I know because I’ve seen both happen with GoT :)

115. DubC
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

I don’t think the numbers here represent the true viewership numbers GoT brings in, after all it is THE most pirated show in the history of television. Maybe if HBO created a direct on-demand system through their website that allowed people to rent episodes directly instead of having to pay 20 bucks a months for their whole package of (mostly worthless) channels, they would see how popular the show really is. In the age of Netflix and Roku many people don’t even have the option to purchase HBO, it’s time these guys join the modern world, they would most certainly profit from it.

116. Rygar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

I watched “The Hunt” last Saturday and I must say that I am now on board the Mads train. He is perfect for Euron! Choo Choo Muthafucker!

117. Darkstar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Greatness Arrisessss: Mads as Euron is just a fan’s obsessive fantasy

And what is your problem with us having this dream of Mads as Euron? If it bothers you, skip the damn posts. Your bitching about fan casting is much worse than said unrealistic fan casting. Gods! I think most people are just filling time until the premiere trying to be positive. You, on the other, are acting like a wet mop.

118. Darkstar
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Rygar,

Check Mads out in Valhalla Rising!

119. Jordan
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

RE the Mads casting suggestion, he doesn’t really fit how I see Euron.

Mads is slightly creepy looking and tends to play creepy characters.

In contrast, Euron is a guy who looks like he’d be a lovable rogue in terms of appearance and manner- which makes his evilness a bit of a surprise.

120. Lady Wolfsbane
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

DubC,

Actually HBO IS improving… as I understand it HBO is offering HBOGo to Canada this year… they weren’t last year.

There IS a spike in HBO for GoT months… I was signing up in time for GoT and the sales people commented… “Oh yeah, that show is coming back, I forgot which one, but yeah, it’s been busy”. Not exactly scientific.. but…

121. Greatness Arrisessss
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Darkstar: Your bitching about fan casting is much worse than said unrealistic fan casting. Gods! I think most people are just filling time until the premiere trying to be positive. You, on the other, are acting like a wet mop.

Way to continue the negativity, you little child.

122. Ser Tahu
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

My guess:
    Between 5.8-6.2 for the premiere. It will definitely be above 6 in episode 3, and will remain there for the rest of the season. I think it will peak between 6.5-6.8. If S4 is as good as we think it will be, I wouldn’t be surprised to see S5 peak just above 7.

123. matt
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

You need to get The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad represented on this graph…

124. Turncloak
    Posted March 31, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Darkstar,

How does it feel to be “of the night”?

125. Tyrion Pimpslap
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 12:07 am | Permalink

matt,

No they don’t. AMC is not a premium network. AMC is available in 70+ million more homes than HBO.

126. Valaquen
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 6:08 am | Permalink

Darkstar:
    Rygar,

Check Madsout in Valhalla Rising!

Slap an eyepatch on his character (named One Eye) in that movie and you got a good looking Euron. he also looks great as Michael Kohlhaas.

127. Hounded
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 6:22 am | Permalink

Valaquen,

What about this guy as Euron?

He played a death eater in harry potter (as did Ralph Ineson who went on to play Dagmer in GoT). He has striking features and could do the sexy/ creepy thing that Mads does so well. I agree that Mads would be really cool as Euron but its not gonna happen. He’s busy with Hannibal (which is fantastic by the way).

128. Veltigar
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 7:04 am | Permalink

Valaquen:
    Veltigar,

Yes, our legion keeps on growing :D

Rygar:

If even Rygar is caving you know we’re on to something :D

I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised about the good taste present on this fansite :D I would think that a Danish movie (totally snubbed for an oscar, but fuck the academy) about such a difficult subject would not excite much interest, but their is a surprising amount of posters who have seen it. I tip my metaphorical hat to all you good posters :D

Jordan:
    RE the Mads casting suggestion, he doesn’t really fit how I see Euron.

Mads is slightly creepy looking and tends to play creepy characters.

Most people would agree with me that these two photo’s show why Mads is so often fan cast as Euron. I think it’s very strange that you got a loveable rogue out of his description btw.

Euron is very menacing and has a high creep factor.The eye he covers, the blue lips, the crazy dream and the fact that he cuts the tongues of his crewmembers out should really show that he isn’t loveable

Darkstar: And what is your problem with us having this dream ofMads as Euron? If it bothers you, skip the damn posts. Your bitching about fan casting is much worse than said unrealistic fan casting. Gods! I think most people are just filling time until the premiere trying to be positive. You, on the other, are acting like a wet mop.

I appreciate you coming to my aid. But we had already amiably settled our dispute ;)

Darkstar:
    Rygar,

Check Madsout in Valhalla Rising!

Seconded

Valaquen: Slap an eyepatch on his character (named One Eye) in that movieand you got a good looking Euron. he also looks great as Michael Kohlhaas.

And some blue lipstick :p I think one-eye, alongside with his Tristan in ‘King Arthur’ and his Kohkhaas (a movie I sadly haven’t seen yet) are great inspirations for his looks and fight style.

Hounded:
    Valaquen,

What about this guy as Euron?

He looks to foreign for a Greyjoy brother imo. And his filmography isn’t exactly inspiring (though if he’s cast he’ll do as an actor). We’ll see, they’ll probably cast someone we don’t expect anyway.

Kurtz: We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won’t allow them to write “fuck” on their airplanes because it’s obscene! If only we had cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

129. Ser Tahu
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Veltigar,

David Wenham for Euron, just sayin’. :P

130. Veltigar
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 8:48 am | Permalink

Ser Tahu:
    Veltigar,

David Wenham for Euron, just sayin’. :P

You know I could see this work. He has an awesome voice and if they give him the rigt wig or hairdye he might pull it off. Though if we take someone from 300 i’m still very much biased towards Vincent Regan (he sould also make a good aeron)

Baka: will you lose a throne because Moses cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron

131. Rygar
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Veltigar,

April Fools. Jason Isaacs all the way for the win!

132. Veltigar
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Rygar:
    Veltigar,

April Fools. Jason Isaacs all the way for the win!

Ha, the joke is on you because you made your post the 31st march :p it’s still valid :p

Vivian: you’re late
    Edward:you’re stunning. And I cast Mads Mikkelsen as Euron.
    Vivian: you’re forgiven

133. Rygar
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Veltigar,

Not my fault WiC is on EDT. In Europe it counts. ;)

134. oracle86
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I remember watching James Purefoy storm into a castle at the beginning of SOLOMON KANE and thinking, “Now he would make a perfect Euron!”

If only he wasn’t so anti-GoT. :(

135. FrYo
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

I think the 6-million bar will be broken for episode 3.

136. Jamal
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

1st episode about 5.7, 2nd or 3rd should crack 6
    season will average about 6.1 with 6.7 as the highest point (probably finale)

137. Boojam
    Posted April 1, 2014 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Combined DVD/BD sales, US/Canada
    Season 1: 1,507,863 $57,086,936
    Season 2: 1,136,704 $37,620,243

It’s been odd about season 3 DVD sales, from what little I have seen they are good.
    Seems for season 2 HBO ballyhooed record sales.
    Final world wide sales are known only to accountants at HBO.
    The same goes for ‘cable’ subscriptions outside of of the US and UK….
    I know that Germany has this road block that movies and TV have to be dubbed into German before being shown… so heard season 3 was not shown until last fall.

One comment , I guess we will never know, but that graph above has a dip at S2E9, Blackwater because it was a holiday weekend. My suspicion is that … that dip went away on word-of-mouth and viewings of replay and on-demand showings.
    No one corrected the graph.

Total views TV and DVD , world wide seems something HBO never reveals for a season.
    I have heard , around the edges, that many of those who pirate do pick up the DVD’s later so as to get a better copy.

The mystery of HBO’s regret about ROME has never come to light , that I know of, the story being that after cancellation the DVD totals for seasons 1 and 2 made HBO a profit and they kicked themselves for not having continued it.

138. Guy
    Posted April 2, 2014 at 11:12 am | Permalink

I also like looking at google trends to see how Thrones is doing:

(with Dexter instead of BE)

and just that chart right there shows how massively more popular GoT is compared to anything else that premium television has to offer

139. poiuyt
    Posted April 7, 2014 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

6.6 for the premiere. obliterated expectations.

1. […] I wrote in my previous ratings post that “we can break that 6 million mark this season, perhaps sooner rather than later” […]