ONE! There’s just one more day until the season premiere of Game of Thrones season 4. Luckily there are plenty of juicy interviews to pass the time until then.
Entertainment Weekly has a new interview with show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss that’s full of goodness. Here are the highlights:
- As previews have shown, there will be a battle this season that Benioff says will “hopefully surpass the Blackwater battle — and it still might not be our biggest episode of the season.”
- There are “several” new action scenes that weren’t in the books. Weiss says this season has the “most minutes of action” of any season so far.
- On Mark Gatiss joining the cast as Tycho Nestoris, Benioff says, “We were so excited when we saw him in the audition. You get the list of people coming in and we saw his name. We didn’t even know he was an option. It was probably annoying for him because we kept wanting to ask him questions about his other shows.”
- The dragons have minds of their own now and may not always mind their mother. “And that’s difficult when your children weigh 1,500 pounds,” says Weiss.
- Speaking of the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys will be “facing problems that can’t be solved with armies or dragons,” this season, according to Weiss. This year the khaleesi will be learning that it’s easier to conquer a land than it is to rule it.
- Weiss and Benioff had to go to HBO to ask for more money, as they previously did in season 2, not just for the major battle. “This is the most action and VFX across the board,” says Benioff. He adds, “The last three episodes are massive.”
- On Prince Oberyn of Dorne, Benioff says, “As you say, he’s so different from all the characters we’ve met before. We’ve never met a Dornishman. It’s a whole new country and lifestyle and set of values. It’s fun not just for the character, but seeing how that character with his own worldview conflicts with the characters we’ve already established.”
- Entertainment Weekly asks the executive producers, “Is there any possibility of deceased characters from previous seasons showing up in flashbacks or dreams this season?” All David Benioff has to say to that is, “Watch and find out.”
Visit Entertainment Weekly to read the full article!